How do I increase font size?

Rocky
Rocky

February 15th, 2016, 5:35 pm #11

Ken, the linked images (copy and paste) you post for text seem to be too small compared to your regular larger font. Irregular font and bizarre background colors make me a bit squeamish. Just thought you should know.

February 15th, 2016, 6:58 pm #12

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]As you know Ken's online library (piney.com) is voluminous!!! His articles with the .jpg extension are innumerable, many of which have been shared and submitted here as linked images [as you mentioned] from his library. The background color, font sizes, the width of the image are all preset.

There are cases when the width of the image is controlled and set to avoid scrolling to the right or to the left as possible. [I recall having to edit a post with in image that occupied the whole screen -- the width was an issue. In that case, I had to reduce the the image horizontally and vertically.]

As to the rest of the non-image text, it is a matter of how the poster wants to communicate with others. Since "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" (including readability), font-formatting is taken into consideration.[/color]

February 15th, 2016, 7:20 pm #13

Ken, the linked images (copy and paste) you post for text seem to be too small compared to your regular larger font. Irregular font and bizarre background colors make me a bit squeamish. Just thought you should know.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Hey, Rocky,

You're a tech kind of guy. You've used HTML tags, such as "I" for "italicize" or "B" for "bold" ... etc.

Using the tag "FONT" ... I'd like to see you have a contest with Dave. Recently, Dave used the FONT tag in one of his posts; it was really eye-catching. I'll try look to for that post and show here what he did.[/color]

---------------------
[color=#000000" size="4" face="times]D.C.: I found it. Dave used: font size=8. I'm substituting "for illustration only": [/color]
<blockquote>[size=300]for illustration only[/size]
</blockquote>
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on February 15th, 2016, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 15th, 2016, 9:06 pm #14

I can attest that my message was not changed, only font size.

Thanks,
Dianna Howell

Ken, How do I increase font size? Hurting my eyes too.

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]
-------------------------------
A title has been added. [d.c.][/color]
A Special Announcement

For those of us who need a microscope or a telescope to read: The settings have been changed to default to FONT FACE=VERDANA and SIZE=MEDIUM. Let's see if this is acceptable to all.

[color=#FF0000" face="times" size="3]Hopefully, this will not necessitate editing the message for font size only. Displaying: "This message has been edited..." is misleading when only the font size has been changed, but not the message.[/color]
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on February 15th, 2016, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 15th, 2016, 9:32 pm #15

Great! I am a Purpose Driven Plaguer!

I never excede images at 750 px by Donnie's order. I try to cram too much into one image. My GRAB for making images is limited by the Vsize of my screen. That's why I sometimes make several pages for one word or passage study. I will work on that.

February 15th, 2016, 10:16 pm #16

A Special Announcement

For those of us who need a microscope or a telescope to read: The settings have been changed to default to FONT FACE=VERDANA and SIZE=MEDIUM. Let's see if this is acceptable to all.

[color=#FF0000" face="times" size="3]Hopefully, this will not necessitate editing the message for font size only. Displaying: "This message has been edited..." is misleading when only the font size has been changed, but not the message.[/color]
Thanks Donnie! I am not very tech savvy, and at first the instruction you gave were all Greek to me. I think I understand it now, and should I feel froggy I will utilize the fancy stuff.

February 15th, 2016, 11:01 pm #17

After thinking about this, I don't want everyone to have to accommodate me. If you want to put it back as it was, then everyone won't have to adjust the way they are used to it.

February 15th, 2016, 11:15 pm #18

No trouble: Like Donnie, I have to put my practice on three lines or they cannot be seen:

<
font face= arial size=4
>

I have made this into an image:

I will be happy to increase the size even though your posts are easily read: I just like to shout!

February 16th, 2016, 1:23 am #19

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on February 16th, 2016, 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 16th, 2016, 1:37 am #20

No trouble: Like Donnie, I have to put my practice on three lines or they cannot be seen:

<
font face= arial size=4
>

I have made this into an image:

I will be happy to increase the size even though your posts are easily read: I just like to shout!
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Cool stuff!!!

My computer environment at home is a fossil -- it is scanning-incapable.

Ken, you may need to restrict your shouting. I wake up Bill when I shout and he gets very upset with me. [/color]