Holy Spirit: Wayne Jackson

Dave
Dave

August 5th, 2010, 4:09 am #11

Matthew 27
6 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is, My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?

Donnie, who was Jesus crying out to?
Himself?

Yes, William Crump, I am indeed ignoring you. You act like a child and you get treated like one.

Donnie
Donnie

August 5th, 2010, 8:40 pm #12

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

First, I think you're getting to be famous for dealing with personalities and individual differences as usual in the midst of a discussion. Are you a practicing psychiatrist?

Now, your question: To whom was Jesus crying?

Well, I have already answered that question by referring you to John chapters 14-16 and other supporting passages. I have clearly emphasized the relationship and communication between the Father and Jesus Christ His Son. Evidently you missed the point -- What happened to or where was the Spirit [that you consider or say or believe as a PERSON] in that relationship or communication?

By the way yours is a very good question for it simply adds to the veracity of the statement that there was NOT a "Spirit PERSON" in the Father-and-Son relationship or communication.

I think you would prefer that the passages stated something as to include the Spirit in the text. (I have italicized and bracketed what the man-invented Trinity believers would like the few following passage to state.)

Matt. 10:32,33 -- "Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven [and the holy Spirit also]. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven [and the holy Spirit also]."

Luke 10:21,22 -- "In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight. All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father [and the holy Spirit also]; and who the Father is [and who the Spirit is aslo], but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him."

John 15:23 -- "He that hateth me hateth my Father [and the holy Spirit] also."

And there are numerous other passages in the Holy Scripture that reveal the Father-and-Son relationship and communication.[/color]

August 5th, 2010, 11:45 pm #13

Question: If we are saved and have a relationship with God then we are connected with God through His Spirit. Think, if you can blaspheme God and Christ and be forgiven but you cannot blaspheme the Holy Spirit and be forgiven, then the Spirit of God has to be a Person

That's not exactly what Jesus said.

Mark 3:22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said,
......He hath Beelzebub, and
......by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

They say that the spirit IN Jesus was the Devil.

Mark 3:28 Verily I say unto you,
......All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men,
......and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost
......hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

Now look closely: Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit was saying that the Spirit in Jesus was an UNCLEAN spirit.

Mark 3:30 Because they said, HE hath an UNclean spirit.

Instead, the Spirit that Jesus had was A HOLY Spirit perfectly clean.

Now, look at the supporting evidence.

James 2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.

James 2:7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?

The Spirit OF Christ is the Advocate or Comforter.

1John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.
......And if any man sin,
......we have an advocate (Comforter) with the Father,
......Jesus Christ the righteous:

So, what about saying that THE Spirit which was IN Jesus Christ as a clean or HOLY Spirit was NOT His at all? Can people believe that the spirit that Jesus HATH was a HE and another person standing outside of Jesus? That leaves Jesus without His own Spirit or Mind as Paul draws the parallel in 1 Corinthians 2.
As Donnie as pointed out: There is ONE God the Father in relationship to One Son Jesus Christ.
Jesus is the SON of God when He personifies and articulates the Inaudible Spirit Being.
When the ONE Spirit Being "thinks," He "breathes" and His WORDS are His Son:
.....So it is defined by the inventers of the word "trias."

There are TWO ACTORS as we have said and said

ONE and only One Spirit Deity
.....One Wind or Breath carrying holy information.
One human being both visible and audible.

Psa. 33:4 For the [1] word of the [2]LORD is right; and all his [3] works are done in truth.
Psa. 33:5 He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.
Psa. 33:6 By the [1] word of the [2] LORD were the heavens made;
.....and all the host of them by the [3] breath of his mouth.
Psa. 33:7 He gathereth the waters of the sea together
.....as an heap: [parable]
.....he layeth up the depth in storehouses.
Psa. 33:8 Let all the earth fear the LORD:
.....let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
Psa. 33:9 For HE spake, and it was done;
.....he commanded, and it stood fast

Moses said that God would send a prophet like me

Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens:
.....but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord,
.....Sit thou on my right hand,
Acts 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly,
.....that God
.....hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified,
.....both Lord and Christ.

Denying that God used a fully human Being to be His UNIQUE Son is to minimize the Work of Jesus.
When as SPIRIT He appeared to Paul He said "I am Jesus of Nazareth." He still is and his is the
ONLY Name by which we may be Saved. At the Second Advent it will be the Same Jesus
Whom they saw Go away.

August 6th, 2010, 12:14 am #14

How would a father communicate with his son?
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on August 6th, 2010, 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
Dave

August 7th, 2010, 12:20 am #15

Matthew 27
6 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is, My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?

Himself?

Yes, William Crump, I am indeed ignoring you. You act like a child and you get treated like one.
Donnie, as always, give an unwise man enough rope and he will hang himself. I am not sure where your meanderings come from about me "dealing with personalities...and being.....a psychiatrist," other than it just being the same Donnie that always wants to sidetrack and hijack the Truth. Nothing new under the sun.

After your ranting about me, you gave up the Truth without even knowing it. Your last sentence....."And there are numerous other passages in the Holy Scripture that reveal the Father-and-Son relationship and communication."

FATHER-AND-SON.....FATHER-AND-SON....FATHER-AND-SON.....
Three, yet one. Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. Jesus did NOT cry unto himself before he died on the cross. He cried unto God, His Father.

Ken Sublett, your only intelligent sentence was.....
"As Donnie as pointed out:"

Leave it at that Ken. Donnie wants to be the Pope for the church of Christ, believing that he can interpret for the rest of us, but that is still better than you believing in Greek mythology over the Holy Scriptures.

August 7th, 2010, 1:29 am #16

"Yes, William Crump, I am indeed ignoring you. You act like a child and you get treated like one."

"Dave, the Only One Who wants to Deal With You Boys"

A couple of your recent statements, still remember?

"Acting like a child" is a statement of one acting like a psychiatrist.

"To deal with you, Boys" does not belong in an adult religious discussion.

Those remarks exactly "sidetrack and hijack the Truth" [you said that yourself] while we're seeking to know the truth about the Spirit OF (that belongs to) God or Christ.

If you're not satisfied with a few passages that I quoted relating to the relationship between the Father and the Son, I would suggest that you read the entire four gospels. It was a personal expression from Jesus Himself when He said, "I and my Father are one"; etc. It cannot be any clearer than when He said, "I and my Father." That's a message said and heard by the disciples of Christ before His ascension. That's the same message that NT Christians today ought to know and believe and accept. Remember the NUMEROUS instances that you read about in the New Testament. Jesus could have very easily stated in those NUMEROUS instances: "I and my Father and the Holy Spirit [PERSON that the Pope and the Council of Nicea INVENTED] are one. But He DID NOT.

Concerning the Pope: I'm just wanting to learn and understand the truth about what "the Spirit OF Christ" or "the Spirit OF the Lord" as described in the Scripture and what the Spirit means to me in Christian living. No, I have no desire for the Pope's throne. You, on the other hand, don't even attempt to understand the history of the man-invented Trinity doctrine. You're just accepting what the Pope told the world and you without question.[/color]

August 7th, 2010, 1:59 am #17

How would a father communicate with his son?
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Great question, Ken. The "what" or "why" or "when" -- well, numerous examples and instances are mentioned in the gospels especially. But "HOW"? Hmmm!!! That requires a real understanding of the truth. CLUE: Ken has already explained that.

Another seemingly difficult question for those who espouse the Nicean-approved Trinity doctrine to answer is this one:

"Why was the Holy Spirit [Trinity Doctrine's THIRD PERSON] -- as a "SEPARATE/ANOTHER PERSON or BEING" -- not included in the personal relationship and communication between the Father and the Son?"

"Where was the Holy Spirit 'PERSON' when Jesus said PERSON-ally, "I and my Father are one"?
[/color]

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

August 7th, 2010, 2:16 am #18

"Yes, William Crump, I am indeed ignoring you. You act like a child and you get treated like one."

"Dave, the Only One Who wants to Deal With You Boys"

A couple of your recent statements, still remember?

"Acting like a child" is a statement of one acting like a psychiatrist.

"To deal with you, Boys" does not belong in an adult religious discussion.

Those remarks exactly "sidetrack and hijack the Truth" [you said that yourself] while we're seeking to know the truth about the Spirit OF (that belongs to) God or Christ.

If you're not satisfied with a few passages that I quoted relating to the relationship between the Father and the Son, I would suggest that you read the entire four gospels. It was a personal expression from Jesus Himself when He said, "I and my Father are one"; etc. It cannot be any clearer than when He said, "I and my Father." That's a message said and heard by the disciples of Christ before His ascension. That's the same message that NT Christians today ought to know and believe and accept. Remember the NUMEROUS instances that you read about in the New Testament. Jesus could have very easily stated in those NUMEROUS instances: "I and my Father and the Holy Spirit [PERSON that the Pope and the Council of Nicea INVENTED] are one. But He DID NOT.

Concerning the Pope: I'm just wanting to learn and understand the truth about what "the Spirit OF Christ" or "the Spirit OF the Lord" as described in the Scripture and what the Spirit means to me in Christian living. No, I have no desire for the Pope's throne. You, on the other hand, don't even attempt to understand the history of the man-invented Trinity doctrine. You're just accepting what the Pope told the world and you without question.[/color]
I believe Dave gets upset if anyone refers to him in discussions as "boy" or "son" (at least he did at FaithSite), yet he refers to the posters at CM as "You Boys." So he does to others what he does not want done to him. Fine example.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

August 7th, 2010, 1:38 pm #19

Matthew 27

Himself?

Dave wrote, "Yes, William Crump, I am indeed ignoring you." If Dave truly ignored me, he wouldn't post anything at all. Well, let's see if Dave can ignore this: It is impossible for Dave to ignore me, because I get under his skin with the truth, which irks him and compels him to respond with derogatory comments. In fact, it is typical for Dave to respond with derogatory comments to anyone with whom he disagrees. That's some fine example.

Rocnar
Rocnar

August 7th, 2010, 5:41 pm #20

Dr. Crump, you have posted four times on this thread. None of which had anything to do with the subject of this thread. You have only attacked posters.

Dr. Crump, sometimes we (people like you and me) just have to sit QUIETLY on the porch and let the "big dogs" run.

Dr. Crump, Donnie has provided a thread for "smack" talkers like us. You know, the special Vipers Den. Would you join me there for a chat or maybe play some games?