Historically a cappella churches with instrumental services returned

Ray
Ray

December 11th, 2011, 1:32 pm #1

Historically a cappella churches with instrumental services returned to national directory

http://www.christianchronicle.org/blog/ ... directory/

This should remove any appearance of a HQ exclusion from "Churches of Christ in the United States", published by 21st Century Christian.

Good, unifying move, 21st Century Christian. It is a pity this website promotes division rather than unity.

December 12th, 2011, 6:33 pm #2

Bobby Ross Jr comments on Carl H. Royster.

http://www.piney.com/Carl.H.Royster.21s ... rches.html

21CC is a commercial publishing company: I was assured 30 years ago that the were NOT an evangelistic society. I posted some stuff on Bobby Ross Jr blog and he promptly removed it. Specificially 21CC also has to endorse Rick Atchley whom Carl. H. Royester "consulted." Here is what Bobby Ross Christian Chronicle does not want as an attack on the "person." He may not know that he promotes "persons."

Rick Atchley: The era of the progressive Church of Christ is ovee

Back in the 80s you could go to any major city, especially in the South,
and you could find
a progressive Church of Christ

and if they would
preach grace, and if they would
put words on a screen,
and if they would let divorced people place membership,
they would grow.

The generation of Boomers has enough denominational loyalty that
theyre going
to find the least legalistic

Well, we discipled the
children of those progressive churches
or a whole generation
to grow past us Boomers.
They never heard the sermons we heard.
They never heard the rationale for a cappella music.
We sent them to youth
rallies and Church of Christ events
with some of the finest Christianbands in the world.

We DISCIPLED our children to LEAVE our Movement!
Theyre not leaving the kingdom of God, and Im not saying that
so please hear me say,
Im not placing the health of the Movement above the kingdom of God
I want my kids to love Jesus, but I do think that
Churches need to understand.

It was prophesied and fulfilled that the ENEMIES of God would MOCK Messiah meaning with the Levite Soothsayers right up to the foot of the old rugged cross. The Word of Christ is the ONLY purpose driving HIS ekklesia - synagogue: those who sing and preach themselves are MOCKING Jesus and blaspheming each time they speak FOR Christ.

<font face="arial" size="4">Jesus said that the Kingdom of God does not come with Observation.

That means religious observations or rituals.  How can you preach
the GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM and just preach people to love
Jesus?

Ray and the NACC dupe say that you can achieve Spiritual Growth beyond the Word of Christ in the Prophets and in Jesus which HE says is SPIRIT and the only source of GROWTH</font>

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on December 12th, 2011, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 12th, 2011, 7:41 pm #3

Ray Downing posted "parts" or Dwayne E. Dunning's similar pretty brutal attack on those who were never part of his group and never used instruments in church history. Factoid 101a is that NONE of the Bible is metrical: you cannot sing it if your life depended on it. The ancient scholars marked the texts with accents to PREVENT any pretend-inspired person from veering either to the right or left of the text. Peter affirmed that continuing practice of the synagogue and demanded that no one has the right to private interpretation or "further expounding." Paul excluded corruption of the Word which meaning "selling learning at retail" and also "adultery."

http://www.piney.com/MuDunningDownen.html

The UNIQUE worship word defined by Christ for the Church of Christ in the wilderness was to REST from the always-pagan (Jewish) Sun worship on the Seventh Day. He commanded that the text be READ or recited and that the word be rehearsed and discussed for the SOLE PURPOSE of going home with some Read, Confessed and Affirmed Word of God. Anyone who invents their own songs and sermons cannot be worshiping IN THE SPITIT. The human sancttified spirit is thee ONLY place God even looks for out worship. Christ in Isaiah 11 said that God does not judge by what He SEES or HEARS.

Christians could not possible have a driving purpose to infiltrate and confiscate a Church of Christ (None can possibly be machine and machinists worshipers) by CLAIMING that they "stole away" and still belongs to them. This is the FOUNDATION upon which all of the instrument-slanted are built.

http://www.piney.com/Stone.Campbell.Burnett.html

The handshake was in 1832. The "credo" was identical that of the Churches of Christ and no Disciple approved of instruments. The Disciples violated the handshake before the ink dried.

In The Christian Messenger for November, 1834, is quoted an article from the Millennial Harbinger (Campbell's paper) as follows:

"Or does he (Stone) think that one or two individuals, of and for themselves, should propose and effect a formal union among the hundred of congregations scattered over this continent, called Christians or Disciples, without calling upon the different congregations to express an opinion or a wish upon the subject?

We discover, or think we discover, a squinting at [14] some sort of precedency or priority in the claims of the writer of the above article," etc.

Shall we not call the PAPER POPES who continually distort the Bible and history in order to keep the business of ALL sides just "Yellow Journalism" and not because of their boldness.

You cannot possible USE instruments and instrumentalists "part of the time" without having believed and convinced those who are LEFT that God COMMANDED INSTRUMENTAL PRAISE AND WE MUST NOT BE DISOBEDIENT.
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on December 12th, 2011, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
Dave

December 12th, 2011, 8:43 pm #4

Historically a cappella churches with instrumental services returned to national directory

This should remove any appearance of a HQ exclusion from "Churches of Christ in the United States", published by 21st Century Christian.

Good, unifying move, 21st Century Christian. It is a pity this website promotes division rather than unity.
Matthew 28
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

Ken, in all of your moanings and groanings, attacks and insults, none of what you say has anything to do with what Christ asked you to do.
Again, since you want your own brand of religion, then fine. Call it what you wish, but just don't dare to hang onto the hem of Jesus's garment claiming to be a follower and scholoar of Him. You do NOT speak that which is written.
You speak that which Ken writes, which is not of God.

Dave
Dave

December 12th, 2011, 8:46 pm #5

Ken, I am not sure how your finances are, but I will pay you not to post here.

Think about it....

December 13th, 2011, 12:21 am #6

Matthew 28
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son
and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

Morrill, in "History of the Christian Denomination," says: [6]
"The 'union' itself was consummated on New Year's day, 1832, in Hill Street Christian Church, at Lexington, Kentucky, where representatives of both parties pledged themselves 'to one another before God, to abandon all speculation, especially on the Trinity, and kindred subjects, and to be content with the plain declaration of Scripture on those subjects on which there had been so much worse than useless controversy.'

The plain meaning is that they found common ground to occupy, threw away their divisive teachings and opinions, and acted as one. The men who at Lexington pledged themselves there and then gave one another the hand of fellowship, speaking for themselves, and the churches they came from,but not for all the churches or the denominations in Kentucky or the United States.

These things are doing mischief to the cause of Christian union, and well calculated to excite jealousy, and to give offense. They can do no good--in fact they are not true. We have met together on the Bible, being drawn together there by the cords of truth--we agreed to walk together according to this rule,
and to be united by the spirit of truth.

Neither the Christians nor Reformers professed to give up any sentiments or opinions previous to our union, nor were any required to be given up in order to effect it. We all determined to learn of Jesus, and to speak and do whatsoever He says to us in His Word. We all profess to be [8] called Christians, being the followers and disciples of Jesus."

It is dangerous to approve of violence (stealing the church house of widows) or using what the Bible ALWAYS calls sorcery: "singing and playing instruments." The next big lie is to speak of "instrumental A cappella Churches of Christ." That is THE meaning of heresy or sectarian and publishing houses should be ashamed of even discussing it.

Did you see the "blood on the moon?"

MAGICUS , a, um, adj., = <span class="greek"></span>,
<div class="lex_sense lex_sense1">I.
of or belonging to <span class="search_result">magic</span>, <span class="search_result">magic</span>, magical (poet. and in post-Aug. prose): <span class="la">artes,</span> <span class="en">Verg. A. 4, </span>
<span class="en">493</span>
: <span class="la">magicis auxiliis uti,</span> <span class="en">Tib. 1, 8, 24</span>: <span class="la">arma movere,</span> <span class="en">Ov. M. 5, 197</span>: <span class="la">superstitiones,</span> <span class="en">Tac. A. </span>
<span class="en">12, 59</span>
: <span class="la">vanitates,</span> <span class="en">Plin. 30, 1, 1, § 1</span>: <span class="la">herbae,</span> <span class="en">id. 24, 17, 99, § 156</span>: <span class="la">aquae,</span> <span class="en">Prop. 4, 1, 102</span>
(5, 1, 106): di magici, that were invoked by incantations (as Pluto, Hecate, Proserpine), <span class="en">Tib. 1, 2,
62</span>
; <span class="en">Luc. 6, 577</span>: <span class="la">linguae,</span> i. e. hieroglyphics, <span class="en">id. 3, 222</span>; <span class="la">but lingua,</span> skilled in incantations, <span class="en">Ov. </span>
<span class="en">M. 7, 330</span>
; <span class="en">Luc. 3, 224</span>: <span class="la">cantus,</span> <span class="en">Juv. 6, 610</span>: <span class="la">magicae resonant ubi Memnone chordae,</span>
mysterious, <span class="en">id. 15, 5</span>.</div>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on December 14th, 2011, 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 13th, 2011, 8:50 pm #7

AM
AM

December 14th, 2011, 9:16 pm #8

Just curious, do you find Jesus used music and money in his ministry? I see that you believe that this was a method Jesus used to heal and save the lost. I do not see that as an example of how Jesus operated and I am sure that your minister does not believe in the way Jesus did his ministry because that that would not fill his collection plate. Honestly Jesus moved away from the King David example, that you are such a proponent of, and Jesus gave us a new example of a very simple form of worship, no instruments and no collection of cash. I would encourage you to follow the example Jesus put before us, you will undersand the spiritual side of life, rather than follow the top 40 or secular side of life.

If you see where the Son of God played an instrument to God for worship, Please give us all the book, chapter,verse and translation, that would truly unite us. I know that you will probably give the that lazy preacher,s answer that the Bible is silent......

Or maybe you will be like the Catholic, and not have a clue.

Fred Whaley
Fred Whaley

December 15th, 2011, 5:01 pm #9

Luke 8:3

Joanna the wife of Cuza, the manager of Herod's household; Susanna; and many others. These women were helping to support them out of their own means.

8:1-2 shows that them is a reference to Jesus and the Twelve.

Dave
Dave

December 15th, 2011, 8:46 pm #10

Or, AM, I could give the most intellectual response that you assert....that you are big enough to conjure up that instrumental music is a sin, where the Bible doesn't. Can you give book and chapter where instrumental music is sinful? I see the sins of the flesh listed in Galatians 5
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Do you see instrumental music listed there? So now you want to rewrite the Word and add instrumental music to the list?

Now AM, I am sure that you are shaking your head as you read this....just as I did when I read your last response.

Oh, and you stated "Honestly Jesus moved away from the King David example..."
Please help me understand what you mean there? Where do you find that? If anything I see where Jesus pushed the example of King David and showed where all men need God.. David sinned, but still God loved him because David truly loved God, and that is evident with him using even musical instruments to accompany his singing and using ALL of his talents to Glorify God.
Acts 13
20 All this took about 450 years. After this, God gave them judges until the time of Samuel the prophet. 21 Then the people asked for a king, and he gave them Saul son of Kish, of the tribe of Benjamin, who ruled forty years. 22 After removing Saul, he made David their king. God testified concerning him: I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.

AM, how many other men do you hear God commending like that?