Dave
Dave

December 19th, 2011, 6:13 pm #21

Historically a cappella churches with instrumental services returned to national directory

http://www.christianchronicle.org/blog/ ... directory/

This should remove any appearance of a HQ exclusion from "Churches of Christ in the United States", published by 21st Century Christian.

Good, unifying move, 21st Century Christian. It is a pity this website promotes division rather than unity.
Your very own definition that you used translates DICO as "To describe, relate sing..."...again, Ken, you cannot nor will be allowed to change the dictionary.

So you see, it is not the Word of God that is at odds or is confusing....
You are the one with the perverted mind who continues to want to change the Word.

AM
AM

December 19th, 2011, 6:41 pm #22

AM,
Do you hold a political position? You sound like a good politician. You said "Jesus did not call people together to sing and make music(altough Jesus did sing with his apostle on one occassion)."

If Jesus is our Example and He EVER did something, yes even one time, then it is GOOD! You just contradicted yourself. You said that Jesus did not call people to sing, ALTHOUGH Jesus sang on one occasion. If Jesus sang, at any time, then YES, He did call men to sing together.
Now Ken will tell you that singing isn't singing, but that is exactly what the passage, using the Greek translation, expresses. It says singing....>It means singing.
Don't try changing the Word of God.
I do not hold a political position and I am not a paid employee of the Church of Christ(which is worse).

One Occassion of Jesus Singing and it was not at a religious ceremony. So what is good or was that a sarcastic comment? Also why don't you explain Antiphonal singing, maybee you can help people with your Knowledge of how and why they sang. Also can you even reference the singing Jesus did in the Bible?

Here is a situation for you: Jesus, a Jew, destroyed a Jewish Temple. Explain how "If Jesus is our Example and He EVER did something, yes even one time, then it is GOOD!"?

BTW, I am not implying that Jesus was not right and good. And I would love to see your response.

December 20th, 2011, 6:16 am #23

Ken, if you say that Jesus did not sing, then you are calling the Word of God a lie. Sing is still sing, no matter how hard you try to pull it out of the Greek/Latin/Hebrew/Spainish/whatever.

Matthew 26:30
When they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.
"After a few hours of discussion, here perhaps abbreviated, a household would sing the remaining hymns of the Hallel (Ps 113--18), undoubtedly the hymn to which Matthew 26:30 refers (Daube 1963:45; Ellington 1979)."
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

What did Jesus hymn about? Was it a Twila Paris or a Michael Smith "Christian" rock musical piece? Remember the occasion. One of his preceding statements was: "For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.[/color]

December 20th, 2011, 6:31 am #24

Your very own definition that you used translates DICO as "To describe, relate sing..."...again, Ken, you cannot nor will be allowed to change the dictionary.

You are the one with the perverted mind who continues to want to change the Word.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]You are correct, Dave, that "it is not the Word of God that is at odds or is confusing." The trash comes in when you make assertions that "singing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs" does not prohibit the use of musical devices.

So, you are saying that when Jesus hymned, it was in such a congregational setting that he waited for the "Worship Leader" to wag his arms and the Praise Team prepared to simulate the sounds of musical instruments? Or, did they use musical devices when they hymned? Are you prepared to use the same fallacious argument in this regard as when you strongly assert that the truth in Eph. 5:19 and Col. 3:16 does not prohibit the participation of lifeless, inanimate musical objects and devices when the live saints gather to teach and admonish one another?

Now, that would be trash in, trash out.[/color]

Tom Brite
Tom Brite

December 20th, 2011, 1:51 pm #25

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

What did Jesus hymn about? Was it a Twila Paris or a Michael Smith "Christian" rock musical piece? Remember the occasion. One of his preceding statements was: "For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.[/color]
Donnie, I have been taking a break from CM, but had to respond to your question about which songs were sung. No, I'm sure they were not Twila Paris songs, I'm pretty convinced that they were Fanny J. Crosby songs and other of our great old hymns written in the 19th century. The point is not the words of the song or when they were written, but the content of the song. Many of my favorites are what would be termed "contemporary songs" written in the late 20th or even the 21st century. It is a radical idea, but many of our "golden oldies" were radical at the time that they were written.

December 20th, 2011, 5:46 pm #26

Neither can Websters or McGuffy's Lexicon used by the Phduhs.

This is LATIN without which no person should attempt to be MEDIATOR in sermon.
There was no Greek New Testament before Desiderius Erasmus, 1466-1536.

We disciples do not translate: we look at the context. They HYMNED one of the Hallels and WENT OUT. They didn't HYMN until the next appointed Passover. They "sang like a school boy reading the Hallel."

Encarta Online

Hallel, in Jewish ritual, selection from the Psalms, chanted as part of the liturgy during certain festivals. The more frequently used selection includes Psalms 113-118 and is known as the Egyptian Hallel, presumably because Psalm 114 begins, "When Israel went out of Egypt Ö" It is sung in synagogues on the first two days of Passover, on Shabuoth, on Sukkot, on each morning of the eight days of Hanukkah, and at the close of the Seder.

Hallel

The Hallel through the generations, on specific occasions: Pesachim 117a
Hallel requires a full stomach and a satisfied spirit: Taanis 25b-26a
The READING is beloved to the people, and so they LISTEN closely: Megillah 21b
The Hallel as an Institution of the Prophets, to use to pray for salvation from danger: Pesachim 117a
[2x]
Which occurrences mandate singing praise to God: Megillah 14a
RECITING Hallel for a miracle which occurred outside of Israel: Megillah 14a
SAYING the Hallel daily is blasphemous: Shabbos 118b
<blockquote><blockquote>

HERE IS THE "HALAL" OR PRAISE singing: a women's worship of the Devil

</blockquote></blockquote>
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on February 19th, 2012, 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
Dave

December 20th, 2011, 5:50 pm #27

Historically a cappella churches with instrumental services returned to national directory

This should remove any appearance of a HQ exclusion from "Churches of Christ in the United States", published by 21st Century Christian.

Good, unifying move, 21st Century Christian. It is a pity this website promotes division rather than unity.
Just like you Donnie, we are speaking of Ken and others (including you) believeing that Jesus didn't SING at all, and you bring up the yellow bus.

KEEP ON SUBJECT!

By the way, where does Christ or any of the authors list instrumental music as sinful?
Galatians 5
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Look hard, Donnie, but it aint there.

The sin comes in where you try to add a sin to the Word that isn't there.

December 20th, 2011, 5:59 pm #28

Like I told you over and over WITCHCRAFT was never a supernatural gift. You work witchcraft in all pagan religious by the use of music or drugs such as wine. Music ENHANCES the wine and makes it easier for you to be fleeced out of your pants. More later.

The Levites were SOOTHSAYERS with instruments: they burned lambs or infants.
The "Fruits" in Revelation: singers, players, teknokrats were SORCERERS by the use of music to deceive the whole world.

Now, 'Dare to be a witch, son" but I tell you that for ten thousand witches there is only ONE warlock. Go ahead, go nude and make yourself VILE with the camp follower girls.

Dave
Dave

December 20th, 2011, 7:00 pm #29

Ken, therein lies the problem....you can tell me over and over again, but wrong yesterday is still wrong today.

More later....

AM
AM

December 20th, 2011, 8:04 pm #30

Just like you Donnie, we are speaking of Ken and others (including you) believeing that Jesus didn't SING at all, and you bring up the yellow bus.

KEEP ON SUBJECT!

By the way, where does Christ or any of the authors list instrumental music as sinful?
Galatians 5
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Look hard, Donnie, but it aint there.

The sin comes in where you try to add a sin to the Word that isn't there.

It does not mention abortion either. It does not mention Instrumental music. It does not mention paying a preacher like Judas was paid. So do you just lump all these in the good column?
"The sin comes in where you try to add a sin to the Word that isn't there", really are you that shallow? Do you refuse to see the spiritual aspects to anything?