Hi everyone

Hi everyone

May 19th, 2010, 12:52 am #1

Long time no talk. I don't want to get into another verbal battle just now. Just want to say "Hi". I miss FaithSite, which is fairly crazy. Perhaps Dr. Bill Crump could offer some unpaid medical advice?

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

May 19th, 2010, 3:12 am #2

I have some pills

Heard from S.E.?

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

May 19th, 2010, 12:40 pm #3

Long time no talk. I don't want to get into another verbal battle just now. Just want to say "Hi". I miss FaithSite, which is fairly crazy. Perhaps Dr. Bill Crump could offer some unpaid medical advice?
I will reiterate what I said before: ex-FaithSiters will eventually "come back home" to CM. Maybe Brian would like to jump into the futile "discussion" that "Geadneym" (anagram for "Ganymede," Jupiter's largest MOON [hint, hint]) started about instrumental music. Of course, IM was debated for years on FaithSite and went nowhere. History is merely repeating itself here.

May 20th, 2010, 5:47 am #4

I had totally forgotten about this site until Jimmy reminded me of it. He mentioned that Max had started a new thread, but I have no interest in arguing about IM. What have you guys been up to lately?

May 20th, 2010, 5:50 am #5

I have some pills

Heard from S.E.?
LOL! I could use some of those pills! Yes, I talk to S.E. once in a while. The recent tornadoes missed them. He and his family are doing well.

Wayne Miller
Wayne Miller

May 21st, 2010, 11:08 am #6

I will reiterate what I said before: ex-FaithSiters will eventually "come back home" to CM. Maybe Brian would like to jump into the futile "discussion" that "Geadneym" (anagram for "Ganymede," Jupiter's largest MOON [hint, hint]) started about instrumental music. Of course, IM was debated for years on FaithSite and went nowhere. History is merely repeating itself here.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

May 21st, 2010, 12:27 pm #7

I believe Wayne has quoted those verses before in the thread that Ganymede started about IM. So history repeats itself again.

Rocnar
Rocnar

May 21st, 2010, 3:36 pm #8

Hey Dr.Bill, that's funny coming from you. At least Wayne does not copy and paste the same post on a daily basis!

The IM discussion will always be a hot topic here.

Concerned
Concerned

May 21st, 2010, 3:57 pm #9

In case Wayne has forgotten these passages:

[color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]
--- Heb. 13 [9] Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines....

--- 2 Tim. 4 [2-3] Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears....

--- Tit. 1 [9] Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

--- Tit. 2 [1] But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

--- 1 Tim. 4 [1,6,13,16] Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.... If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.... Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.... Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

--- 1 Tim. 1 [3,10] As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine ... For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine....

--- Rom. 16 [17] Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.[/color]

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

May 21st, 2010, 5:15 pm #10

Hey Dr.Bill, that's funny coming from you. At least Wayne does not copy and paste the same post on a daily basis!

The IM discussion will always be a hot topic here.
"Rocnar" (anagram for "rancor") must be referring to the essay titled "What Are Christ's Requirements for Salvation?" that I posted frequently at FaithSite. I've posted that essay here under the title "Christ's Requirements for Salvation." I've also posted it more than once on a Facebook discussion board under the title "Jesus' Requirements for Salvation." When a discussion board like Facebook contains over 5,000 threads, "Jesus' Requirements for Salvation" can get lost quickly. Therefore, important topics about salvation need to be posted frequently so that people will not forget what Jesus requires.

BTW, Christ's message of salvation was so important that He preached it over and over again to those who would listen. Had the Internet been available in Christ's day, I am sure that He would have used it to post His Gospel message of salvation many, many times.

Yes, IM will always be a "hot topic," but as I said before, the arguments from both sides are always the same, so the subject really goes nowhere. The same could be said for a number of topics, which go nowhere, because the arguments never change.