Happy Good Friday Greetings!

March 26th, 2016, 3:11 am #1

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I hear that "Good Friday is observed as a day of prayers, penance and fasting to commemorate the crucifixion of Jesus Christ on Calvary Hills." Penance is defined as "voluntary self-punishment inflicted as an outward expression of repentance ... a Christian sacrament in which a member of the Church confesses sins to a priest and is given absolution."

[/color]

Scripture
Scripture

March 26th, 2016, 4:00 am #2

Didn't Paul somewhere say something like "some elevate one day above another, others treat every day alike.

Let every man be persuaded in his own mind."

March 26th, 2016, 4:31 am #3

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]The "Roman" (as well as American) Catholics have excelled in this area. They call it "tradition." Of course, we know that they elevate traditions and reject "Sola Scriptura": at least papal (accordingly: "apostolic") traditions are as important as those traditions by the real apostles found in the New Testament. So, "Christianity" observes so many holidays and festivals: Christmas, Easter, even Halloween.

Is there something wrong with this picture?[/color]

William Hall
William Hall

March 26th, 2016, 6:41 am #4

Didn't Paul somewhere say something like "some elevate one day above another, others treat every day alike.

The first controversy of the Church was over the proper day to celebrate "Easter." I once welcomed folks on Easter Sunday from the pulpit, using the term in its most ordinary sense, and people got up and walked out on me. Not all are persuaded alike.

Bill
Bill

March 26th, 2016, 2:27 pm #5

"Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind" (Rom. 14:5b).

Paul followed that with, "He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it" (Rom. 14:6a).

Paul is saying, To each his own; Live and let live. So, some regard Good Friday and Easter to the Lord and others do not. Fair enough.

Happy egg-hunting!

Bill
Bill

March 26th, 2016, 3:57 pm #6

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I hear that "Good Friday is observed as a day of prayers, penance and fasting to commemorate the crucifixion of Jesus Christ on Calvary Hills." Penance is defined as "voluntary self-punishment inflicted as an outward expression of repentance ... a Christian sacrament in which a member of the Church confesses sins to a priest and is given absolution."

[/color]
I've heard Good Friday explained like this:

"I hate the term 'Good Friday.'"

"Why?"

"My Lord was hanged on a tree that day."

"If you were going to be hanged on that day, and He volunteered to take your place, how would you feel?"

"Good."

"Have a nice day!"

March 26th, 2016, 7:20 pm #7

I know that I couldn't let my son die for my sins. Which, makes the sacrifice of our Lord even more poignant. Whether, this is the day that the event actually occurred, shouldn't we as Christians remember His sacrifice every waking moment?

March 27th, 2016, 5:58 am #8

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Good point: "Whether this is the day that the event actually occurred...."

Hmm. "Easter Sunday" is a "festival and holiday celebrated by millions of people around the world who honor the resurrection of Jesus from the dead ... also the day that children excitedly wait for the Easter bunny to arrive and deliver their treats of chocolate eggs."

Oh, we just don't worry about where this movable feast began and what are the origins of the traditions and customs celebrated on this "important day" around the world? Easter was originally a pagan festival ... has pagan roots?

What does the resurrection prove? And why does "Christianity" (as well as paganism) celebrate this "resurrection" once a year?

Or, shouldn't we instead "do this in my memory" of the sacrifice and death of Christ our Savior on the first day of every week?[/color]

March 27th, 2016, 8:28 pm #9

The first controversy of the Church was over the proper day to celebrate "Easter." I once welcomed folks on Easter Sunday from the pulpit, using the term in its most ordinary sense, and people got up and walked out on me. Not all are persuaded alike.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]William,

Are you referring to "the Church" here as "The Christian Church" (Christianity or Christendom) in general ... or to "the church of Christ" (Restoration Movement)?

Until a few decades ago, churches of Christ (congregations) were somewhat "careful" about using the term "Easter Sunday" in relation to how the Catholic and Protestant Churches observed the event. Preachers would use the opportunity to deliver sermons about the resurrection without emphasizing the significance of the occasion as a religious festivity that dominated the thinking of the denominational world.

I haven't done much research on what churches of Christ now do or not do to "promote" the denominational concept of this religious observation. The same can be said about the Christmas celebration. Both of which have "pagan" roots.[/color]

March 27th, 2016, 10:35 pm #10

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Good point: "Whether this is the day that the event actually occurred...."

Hmm. "Easter Sunday" is a "festival and holiday celebrated by millions of people around the world who honor the resurrection of Jesus from the dead ... also the day that children excitedly wait for the Easter bunny to arrive and deliver their treats of chocolate eggs."

Oh, we just don't worry about where this movable feast began and what are the origins of the traditions and customs celebrated on this "important day" around the world? Easter was originally a pagan festival ... has pagan roots?

What does the resurrection prove? And why does "Christianity" (as well as paganism) celebrate this "resurrection" once a year?

Or, shouldn't we instead "do this in my memory" of the sacrifice and death of Christ our Savior on the first day of every week?[/color]
Easter derives from Ishtar. In Ezekiel the women lamented for Tammuz upon the flute to cause him to RESURRECT and come smell incense and play the Lapis Lazuli flute with them. In early feminist or matriarchal theology she is TRUMPED by Jesus Christ being declared as the SON of the FATHER. She (Eve, Inanna, Zoe etal) is the Mother of Harlots in Revelation 17 and she uses singers and musicians to TRUMP the Living and written word. John in Rev 18 called them SORCERERS who had deceived the whole world. All of the MUSICAL examples is an invitation for God to shut up and sit down. Ezekiel will also speak of the women prophesiers (musicians) who steal words to steal souls.

Ezek 8:13 He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.

Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the Lords house which was toward the north;
and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz. Ezek 8:14

plaudo drum your breasts, wailig, to clap, strike, beat to clap, strike, 1. To clap the hands in token of approbation, to applaud,

Ezek 8:15 Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man?
turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these.
Ezek 8:16 And he brought me into the inner court of the Lords house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the Lord, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men,
with their backs toward the temple of the Lord,
and their faces toward the east;
and they worshipped the SUN toward the east.

This is very similar to Rubel Shelly's four Asherah Poles which were used at Jubilee and spread to other churches. They are really Phallic symbols even when devoted to the goddessess (only goddesses were worshiped with music). Don't be surprised, God abandoned Israel to Sun or Astrial deity worship BECAUSE of musical idolatry at Mount Sinai.
Sun Pillars In Jerusalem

Deut. 18:9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
Deut. 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

Observer of times:
H6049 ‛ânan aw-nan' A primitive root; to cover; used only as denominative from H6051 , to cloud over; figuratively to act covertly, that is, practise magic, enchanter, Meonemin, observe (-r of) times, soothsayer, sorcerer.

David had these on his staff because he was abandoned to worship the starry host. "We even have a mention at a later date of a similar custom in connection with the cult in Jerusalem, where certain Levites, called me'oreim, 'AROUSERS,' sang (every morning?) this verse from "Ps 44:23: "Awake, O Lord! Why do you sleep? Rouse yourself! Do not reject us forever." The Talmud tells us that John Hyrcanus suppressed the practice because it recalled too readily a pagan custom." (Roland de Vaux, p. 247).

Deut. 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer

H5175 nâchâsh naw-khawsh' From H5172 ; a snake (from its hiss):--serpent.

A Charmer is an Abomination
incantātor , ōris, m. incanto, I. an enchanter, wizard (post-class.), Tert. Idol. 9; Isid. 8, 9, 15; Mos. et Rom. Leg. Coll. 15, 1, 2.

Cantus A. Prophetic or oracular song: “veridicos Parcae coeperunt edere cantus,” Cat. 64, 306; cf. Tib. 1, 8, 4.—
B. An incantation, charm, magic song, etc.: cantusque artesque magorum.
“cantus e curru Lunam deducere tentat,”
2. With instruments, a playing, music: “in nervorum vocumque cantibus,” Cic. Tusc. 1, 2, 4; id. Rosc. Am. 46, 134: “citharae,” Hor. C. 3, 1, 20: “horribili stridebat tibia cantu,” Cat. 64, 264: “querulae tibiae,”

Those who engage in Vision Casting with their new SPECTACLES (Shelly) and all repeat the 20/20 Vision from Purpose Driven and Kairos Church Planting Plot. Rejoice, his-their time KAIROS is very short.

hărĭŏlus soothsayer, prophet, prophetess
somnĭo , to dream; to dream of or see in a dream, to dream, i. e. to think idly or vainly, to talk foolishly:
psaltrĭa , ae, f., = psaltria, . a female player on the cithara, a lutist, “ineptias,” Col. 1, 8, 2: “ah stulte! tu de Psaltriā me somnias Agere,” Ter. Ad. 4, 7, 6; Plaut. Pers. 2, 3, 5.—Absol.: “vigilans somniat
“portenta non disserentium philosophorum sed somniantium,” Cic. N. D. 1, 8, 18.

Deut. 18:12 For ALL that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

The REAL task of the Jacob-Cursed and God-abandoned levites (your worship tribe) is to make the lambs dumb before the slaughter and EXECUTE any musical abominator who is TASKED or DEDICATED (Anathema) to adorn the word of the Chief denier of the LOGOS or the REGULATIVE PRINCIPLE. It is time to get out unless you want to watch the "towers."

So the PROGRESSIVES love to tell you that A SPIRIT TOLD THEM TO BE AN ABOMINATION IN THEIR "HOLY" PLACE. Never doubt that A spirit guided them: his/her name is Strong Delusions.

Jesus was sent for a LITTLE FLOCK and lambs do not dance with the goats unless one loves a Judas Goat or Cappella.

God sent men to MARK those mourn for what is going on around the abandoned "worship center"and slay those who did not PROTEST. God sent men to write this as a PATTERN.