Happy Easter Sunday 2013 at Madison

March 31st, 2013, 9:23 pm #1

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]For a number of years after the church upheaval in 2001, it was either an "Easter drama worship" or an "interactive Easter worship." (I think the drama has run out of dramatic themes or scenes to portray the resurrection of Christ every year.)

In 2013, it was something else -- at the moment I have no word or words to describe all the events that occurred at the Madison "worship center." No, it wasn't about the children and the Easter bunny or Easter rabbit or the Easter eggs. Rather, adults were involved in the Easter flowering of several crosses in the auditorium -- and this was done during the Lord's Supper while the shepherds' [employed] "Worship Leader" and his co-worship leading team of two men and two WOMEN were on stage performing.

[I'm offering the opportunity for Scripture or anyone who's willing to describe in more detail what took place today at "the worship center." Perhaps, Scripture can document for us what took place from the start of the Communion when the quartet went on stage to deliver the rehearsed, programmed worship, the "poem/narrative" reading, etc.?]

There's so much confusion surrounding the "Easter" observance. At least from the standpoint of what the Bible teaches about the suffering and death of Christ about which we commemorate "in remembrance of me." The New Testament refers to: "this is my body" and "this cup is the new testament in my blood." That's about the Lord's Supper. That is not about the resurrection.

I believe that the "progressive" messengers in "progressive" churches are sending the wrong message. The "Easter Sunday" celebration at Madison and other "progressive" congregations of the church of Christ is so programmed, in the first place, designed for a TV production. "God's [semi-professional] elite singers" are ON STAGE to perform during this [pagan-originated-in-the-name-of-religion] Easter celebration. And that's supposed to be concerning the "resurrection" of Christ.

The placement of "the Lord's Supper" [to remember the Lord's death] in the midst this Happy Easter "celebration" is not necessarily what the New Testament instructs the church to do.

Here's the dilemma that the church should be concerned about. We observe the Lord's suffering and death on the cross on the first day of the week -- this is scriptural. But shouldn't the Happy Easter proponents be willing to prepare to skillfully program EVERY FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK the Easter celebration with the Lord's Supper as part of it?[/color]

Scripture
Scripture

March 31st, 2013, 10:44 pm #2

Everyone was a surprised as the little girl was, who on gathering her Easter eggs in her basket, saw none since the girl next to her was getting her eggs, one by one, and putting them in her own basket. The little girls had to do a double-take when on collecting her last egg she discovered there were no eggs left in her basket. This was the scene recently on a "candid camera" type show.

Well, "Palm Sunday" attendees as they were called last week, were instructed to bring a flower to "Easter Sunday." Little did they know, the extent to which, the elders were willing to surrender their leadership [or did they plan it themselves?] to the new "worship leaders." Increasingly, if it difficult to determine from where these plans come. But the attendees were as shocked as the little girl with her empty Easter basket.

The "praise team" was supplemented by five on stage, three men and two women, who sang song after song during the Lord's Supper while the attendees were asked to get up from their seats during the Supper and carry their flower to constructed crosses in the balcony and in the lower auditorium, where they deposited them to form a "flower cross" so that all could truly appreciate his occasion. The bread and the fruit of the vine was gathered by the crowd, as they went down, and a "shepherd" was sure to be there, and attendees were instructed to hug and share verbally the marvelous gift of the Christ. Actually, I didn't see any hugging or verbal interchange. It's not sure how those unable to walk easily were to get to the table, but I suppose someone could take them the bread and the cup.

Not only were some emotionally projected upward by this occasion, but it is an absolute certainty that some may have been shocked by how they were manipulated by this surprise use of their flower. Some remarked that in all of history, they had never been instructed by "worship leaders" or "elders" to bring any flowers on Easter Sunday. Generally the old pioneers left the development of the church to the grass-roots level, for each Christian to read his or her Bible, and demonstrate their Christianity from knowledge and teaching, not from deceit and manipulation [could we say?].

At the end, we were left not with crosses of the imagination, as Paul refers to in the early chapters of 1 Corinthians, but with virtual crosses of flowers. It appears doubtful that Paul had in mind the building of any figure such as these in the worship of Christ and God. The cross in 1 Corinthians is described more as a mental motivation for the mercy of God, rather than a real, concrete, crafted image rather than a crafted [graven] tangible object. The Vatican would be quite impressed with the concretization of the church this Sunday. The ten commandments instructed that "no graven image" be created by Israel, and the New Testament shows that the new covenant is not to be "engrave in stone" but is to be instilled in the heart.

Our crosses, should stay in the heart, but this may not be understandable by a generation who to be spiritual, have to have a concrete [perhaps idolatrous] expression on the first Sunday after the Jewish Passover. These crosses were not in the heart, but in the auditorium. The Lutherans and the Catholics could not ask for more.

March 31st, 2013, 11:19 pm #3

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]For a number of years after the church upheaval in 2001, it was either an "Easter drama worship" or an "interactive Easter worship." (I think the drama has run out of dramatic themes or scenes to portray the resurrection of Christ every year.)

In 2013, it was something else -- at the moment I have no word or words to describe all the events that occurred at the Madison "worship center." No, it wasn't about the children and the Easter bunny or Easter rabbit or the Easter eggs. Rather, adults were involved in the Easter flowering of several crosses in the auditorium -- and this was done during the Lord's Supper while the shepherds' [employed] "Worship Leader" and his co-worship leading team of two men and two WOMEN were on stage performing.

[I'm offering the opportunity for Scripture or anyone who's willing to describe in more detail what took place today at "the worship center." Perhaps, Scripture can document for us what took place from the start of the Communion when the quartet went on stage to deliver the rehearsed, programmed worship, the "poem/narrative" reading, etc.?]

There's so much confusion surrounding the "Easter" observance. At least from the standpoint of what the Bible teaches about the suffering and death of Christ about which we commemorate "in remembrance of me." The New Testament refers to: "this is my body" and "this cup is the new testament in my blood." That's about the Lord's Supper. That is not about the resurrection.

I believe that the "progressive" messengers in "progressive" churches are sending the wrong message. The "Easter Sunday" celebration at Madison and other "progressive" congregations of the church of Christ is so programmed, in the first place, designed for a TV production. "God's [semi-professional] elite singers" are ON STAGE to perform during this [pagan-originated-in-the-name-of-religion] Easter celebration. And that's supposed to be concerning the "resurrection" of Christ.

The placement of "the Lord's Supper" [to remember the Lord's death] in the midst this Happy Easter "celebration" is not necessarily what the New Testament instructs the church to do.

Here's the dilemma that the church should be concerned about. We observe the Lord's suffering and death on the cross on the first day of the week -- this is scriptural. But shouldn't the Happy Easter proponents be willing to prepare to skillfully program EVERY FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK the Easter celebration with the Lord's Supper as part of it?[/color]
You have been invaded by the prophesied SOUL SNATCHERS: some good manly deacons should grab them and eject them. My view is that on the first day of the week we REMEMBER and show forth or PREACH the Death of Jesus. That will PREVENT anyone from thinking they can make a SPECTACLE of Christ things and have the right to LEAD THE WORSHIPERS INTO THE PRESENCE OF GOD. That little girl is a METAPHOR.

I believe that two things are taking place in the progressive churches: BACK TO BABYLON

First, this may be subconscious or UNconscious panic trying to defend themselves from the MARKS of being a believer. Many believed but did not obey for fear of being cast out of the synagogue. People will sell their souls if they can escape persecution in their time: Hezekiah held that theory.

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own:
.....but because ye are not of the world,
.....but I have chosen you out of the world,
.....therefore the world hateth you.

That is an absolute MARK of those who belong to the Lord.
The BEAST in Hebrew and Latin do not warn about four-legged animals but two-legged BEASTS.
Theiron speaks of a Satyric drama (the Ishtar Mark) as well as A New Style of Music or Drama.
Those MARKED by music are hard-wired and in the Bible there is no redemption.,

Second, in literature such as The Book of Enoch, those who have FALLEN and cannot get up are absolutely certain that they are NOT attracting disciples but attracting warm bodies to comfort them until judgment. Knowing that they have driven out half of the owners and are DISCORDING probably half of those left they are quite happy to AFFLICT and persecute anyone who would dare try to remove the mark.

John 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you,
.....The servant is not greater than his lord.
.....If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you;
.....if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

Plato defined this fall and you have to believe that Paul was a disciple.

Plato Gorg. [513a] and so therefore now,
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
whether it is your duty to make yourself as like as possible to the Athenian people,
.....if you intend to win its affection and have great influence in the city:
see if this is to your advantage and mine,
.....so that we may not suffer, my distinguished friend,
.....the fate that they say befalls the creatures
.....who would draw down the moonthe hags of Thessaly;1
.....that our choice of this power in the city may not cost us all that we hold most dear.
.....But if you suppose that anyone in the world
.....can transmit to you such an art as will cause you

[513b] to have great power in this state without conforming to its government either for better or for worse, in my opinion you are ill-advised, Callicles; for you must be no mere imitator, but essentially like them, if you mean to achieve any genuine sort of friendship with Demus the Athenian people, ay, and I dare swear, with Demus son of Pyrilampes1 as well. So whoever can render you most like them is the person to make you a statesman in the way that you desire to be a statesman, and a rhetorician;

Rejoice and be glad: there could be no greater proof that the trumpets have sounded. Maybe you can slip in some Testesterone in the WINE VAT of God's wrath (meaning orgy). Paul promised that God would send strong delusions making these people MAD.</font>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on March 31st, 2013, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lovin' Madison Member
Lovin' Madison Member

April 1st, 2013, 4:25 am #4

Everyone was a surprised as the little girl was, who on gathering her Easter eggs in her basket, saw none since the girl next to her was getting her eggs, one by one, and putting them in her own basket. The little girls had to do a double-take when on collecting her last egg she discovered there were no eggs left in her basket. This was the scene recently on a "candid camera" type show.

Well, "Palm Sunday" attendees as they were called last week, were instructed to bring a flower to "Easter Sunday." Little did they know, the extent to which, the elders were willing to surrender their leadership [or did they plan it themselves?] to the new "worship leaders." Increasingly, if it difficult to determine from where these plans come. But the attendees were as shocked as the little girl with her empty Easter basket.

The "praise team" was supplemented by five on stage, three men and two women, who sang song after song during the Lord's Supper while the attendees were asked to get up from their seats during the Supper and carry their flower to constructed crosses in the balcony and in the lower auditorium, where they deposited them to form a "flower cross" so that all could truly appreciate his occasion. The bread and the fruit of the vine was gathered by the crowd, as they went down, and a "shepherd" was sure to be there, and attendees were instructed to hug and share verbally the marvelous gift of the Christ. Actually, I didn't see any hugging or verbal interchange. It's not sure how those unable to walk easily were to get to the table, but I suppose someone could take them the bread and the cup.

Not only were some emotionally projected upward by this occasion, but it is an absolute certainty that some may have been shocked by how they were manipulated by this surprise use of their flower. Some remarked that in all of history, they had never been instructed by "worship leaders" or "elders" to bring any flowers on Easter Sunday. Generally the old pioneers left the development of the church to the grass-roots level, for each Christian to read his or her Bible, and demonstrate their Christianity from knowledge and teaching, not from deceit and manipulation [could we say?].

At the end, we were left not with crosses of the imagination, as Paul refers to in the early chapters of 1 Corinthians, but with virtual crosses of flowers. It appears doubtful that Paul had in mind the building of any figure such as these in the worship of Christ and God. The cross in 1 Corinthians is described more as a mental motivation for the mercy of God, rather than a real, concrete, crafted image rather than a crafted [graven] tangible object. The Vatican would be quite impressed with the concretization of the church this Sunday. The ten commandments instructed that "no graven image" be created by Israel, and the New Testament shows that the new covenant is not to be "engrave in stone" but is to be instilled in the heart.

Our crosses, should stay in the heart, but this may not be understandable by a generation who to be spiritual, have to have a concrete [perhaps idolatrous] expression on the first Sunday after the Jewish Passover. These crosses were not in the heart, but in the auditorium. The Lutherans and the Catholics could not ask for more.
You guys make me laugh! You observations could not be more skewed. As a long time member. ALL I saw was verbal exchange, hugging and an outpouring of love during communion. This was a great day for our church family. Please stop "reporting" things that simply aren't true. No one feels manipulated or appalled. Get over it and move on. Madison has!! Our Shepherds, Jason, Chris and our other leaders are leading us to see and be Christ to this community.

April 1st, 2013, 4:29 am #5

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Scripture, thanks so much for the very well-written documentation of today's made-for-TV, programmed "Easter Sunday services" at the Madison Church's "[entertainment] worship center." I wonder if it was in competition with the other neighboring Community Church, the Cornerstone Church? One difference is that the latter had its parking lot still full by 2:30 p.m.

[Give up the competition, Madison. "Other" Community Churches already have what the Madison "elders" [going by the kinder and gentler designation of "shepherds"] are just now discovering and implementing to keep the youth -- PLUS much more!!! Know that such a particular youth group doesn't care much for the half-baked entertainment that a confused, struggling church of Christ congregation offers.]

I wasn't in attendance during the "pre-Palm Sunday" announcement for the congregants to bring a flower. What a "sight and sound" today that extended way beyond the "Lord's Supper" activity!!! It made me wonder how the congregants really thought and felt during the "solemn" occasion of REMEMBERING THE DEATH of our Savior.

I believe that the elders now have no control whatsoever over what goes on in the assembly. In the first place, the purpose for the gathering of saints has been lost. The leaders [i.e., elders], of all people, have already made the transition: (1) from the assembly being that of students of God's truth (2) to the assembly of music lovers. "Worship" is now music for the most part [alright, find that in your New Testament] and studying God's truth is the least part.

There seemed to be no end to the singing performances on stage while the congregants were in motion to the table for the "Lord's Supper" and to the constructed cross "near you" for the flower. The participants were only half of the congregation it used to be. Can you imagine if the original 3,000 members, plus hundreds of visitors, participated in this seemingly chaotic event? By the way, I think the elders' wives were also requested or available to assist their husbands with the Communion task.

And who was that lady on stage that sang that long song with the others in the background? She sure sounded like a hired professional. She might as well have been the "Worship Leader." And why not ... based on what's going on at Madison these days?

What's going on seems to be odder by the week. If it's not clapping [which according to your observation, as well as mine, is minimal but still distracting], it is "hugging" or "verbal interchange." And no one does it? These leaders do not even seem to recognize the difference between "spontaneity" and "programmed/rehearsed."

It now appears that we should be prepared for the regularity of the appearances of "The Final Four" ["quartet"] on stage with the "Worship Leader" [oh, that one who leads us to God's holy presence]. They [the two women with the two men] were at first appearing (on stage) only during the last song. Hmm, "boiling the frog" in action and is almost over.

I think "boiling the frog" may be here for a while in regard to instrumental music. This may require the passing of a generation first.[/color]

April 1st, 2013, 5:05 am #6

You guys make me laugh! You observations could not be more skewed. As a long time member. ALL I saw was verbal exchange, hugging and an outpouring of love during communion. This was a great day for our church family. Please stop "reporting" things that simply aren't true. No one feels manipulated or appalled. Get over it and move on. Madison has!! Our Shepherds, Jason, Chris and our other leaders are leading us to see and be Christ to this community.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Lovin' Madison:

I was there more than a decade ago when the eldership made the announcement to the congregation: "Get over it; we must move on." That was at the time when the elders themselves were divided over a number of issues.

Well, several elders resigned or left or went somewhere else. Hundreds of members decided to get over it, moved on and sought fellowship somewhere else.

The New Testament clearly specifies the qualifications for the office of an elder. In regard to the "other leaders," being a "worship leader" is not an office.[/color]

anonymous
anonymous

April 1st, 2013, 5:03 pm #7

2 Corinthians 12:20
For I am afraid that when I come I may not find you as I want you to be, and you may not find me as you want me to be. I fear that there may be discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder.

HEY!!!--Si Robertson

April 2nd, 2013, 6:52 am #8

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Hello, Duck Commander (Dave Fields),

The performances on stage and the activities in the auditorium during the Lord's Supper were real -- NOT gossip. You should have been there, Dave.

The Madison elders and their employed "Worship Leader" with his women co-worship leaders performing on stage just made ex-Pope Benedict and Pope Francis and the entire Vatican community SMILE. One significant thing missing, though, was the statue of the Virgin Mary, "Mother of God."

Next action to take is to donate the crosses of flowers to the Roman Catholic Church in Rome.

I'm afraid, Dave, that the entire Lord's Supper "reality" show was a turn-off to many of the congregants.[/color]

JimmyJoe
JimmyJoe

April 2nd, 2013, 7:46 pm #9

Donnie I was there also. Tell me the basis of your conjecture that the Lord's Supper was a turn off to many of the congregates? Next question. If one continues to attend a gathering dominated by pagan worship, what does that make them? Please don't use the excuse of warning other congregations as that has become a synonym of the story of the boy who cried wolf. Have you ever considered attending maybe St. Josephs or Cornerstone and starting a website to show them how utterly wrong they are?

At one time you almost had me convinced that there were only three people alive today that had a real chance on making it to heaven. Then when B didn't agree completely with the other two I guess that just left two. I guess the rest of us should be glad that it is up to God to do the judging and not a 21st century website.

AM
AM

April 3rd, 2013, 10:15 pm #10

What seems to be the biggest turn off to good people is that church leadership and the worship leaders are really lost at what to do with the declining numbers attending church. I do not see anywhere in any of the staged presentations, a message of what Easter means or represents. All you hear is something about easter eggs and the Lord was raised on the third day. Many church members went to Church of Christ universities and have not a clue what the resurrection means. Maybe the script writers for these events would benefit from a little bit of study rather than adjusting the lights, microphones and videos.

As for me the worship leader is nothing. I have never spoken to him, will not acknowledge him and explained to my kids he is the reason the people in the mission fields do with out essentials.