GCM Forum: Today Mere Nick and Norton

September 23rd, 2012, 7:58 pm #11

God HID Himself from the Wise or SOPHIST.
A Sophist is one who claims power through rhetoric, singing or playing musical instruments.

Jesus used parables to HIDE the truth from the Scribes and Pharisees (Matthew 13). He called them hypocrites and the Ezekiel 33 version names rhetoricians, singers and instrument players who claim some role for God.

"Unmerited Favor" is that Jesus gave His life to TEACH people NOT to be Scribes or hypocrites. If they continue to ENHANCE His work by the performing arts which are CONDEMNED then they have exhausted the INSTRUMENTAL MEANS of Grace.

Most if not ALL of the writers use the PAGAN RELIGIONISTS (in a church near you) as the WHAT NOT TO DO. Then they defined the ANTITHESIS: Preach the Word by Reading the Word.

1Timothy 4:13 Till I come, give attendance to [public] reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
1Timothy 4:14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy [teaching], with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
1Timothy 4:15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
1Timothy 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

September 23rd, 2012, 8:20 pm #12

Has Ken rejected God's Grace (defined as the unmerited or undeserving favor of God to those who are under condemnation) for the Greek & Roman Mythology Three sister goddesses, known in Greek mythology as Aglaia, Euphrosyne, and Thalia, who dispense charm and beauty?

Ken, which sister is CENTERED Grace?
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Racnor,

I'm thinking "Hope" -- I don't remember her last name.

Maybe, "Faith" -- I think her full name is "Faith Only."

Certainly not any of the mythological goddesses: "Aglaia, Euphrosyne, and Thalia."

Just a thought.

Donnie[/color]

September 23rd, 2012, 8:28 pm #13

Grace Centered Magazine Forum is devoted to trying to defeat efforts like Concerned Members and ALL of the tenets which makes The Church of Christ the Only known Apostolic Church: that which is defended by all of church history.

http://www.piney.com/GraceCenteredReview.html

.They are Post-Nicene Trinitarians (LU and tritheism)
.They are hostile to any Scripture quoted defending Baptism.
.They are hostile to any effort to prove that there can be NO instrumental MARKS in a church of Christ.
.They are hostile to what they call "legalism" when "grace" gives them permissive to be LEGALISTIC: seeking to aid God in what they call worship.
.They are hostile to any quotation of passages of Scripture IN CONTEXT.

Now, the discussion of the mansions in the House of God as being the various teachings of the Apostles. We will show that the mansions in a Church of Christ are REST STATIONS to get in out of the LADED BURDEN (music) imposed by the burden-laders known as PARASITES in their pattern from the not-commanded Sacrificial system.

We have noted that those who are assigned to call liars, Christ in prophecy, the commands of Jesus, the commands of Peter and Paul and most recored history use the umbrella of GRACE which is a CONFESSION that they know that they plan to sin but think that grace is going to save them. GRACE in the pagan sense was the Graces and Muses as the "worship team" of Apollo (Abaddon or Apollyon). The MARK: they don't have the slightest interest in LOOKING where Christ and the prophets and apostles POINT: they will hurt you if you just quote the Spirit OF Christ to OUTLAW what the Graces and Muses are FORCING them to do.

Saved has a lot of meanings: to a person saved by the remission of sins they are ALWAYS saved by GRACE and FAITH.

THE QUESTION IN EPHESIANS WHICH THEY DON'T WANT ANSWERED IS FROM WHAT AND WHOM DOES WALKING BY FAITH INSTEAD OF SIGHT SAVE THEM?

You might (probably not) want to look at PART ONE above.

Racnor (short timer)
Racnor (short timer)

September 23rd, 2012, 8:29 pm #14

God HID Himself from the Wise or SOPHIST.
A Sophist is one who claims power through rhetoric, singing or playing musical instruments.

Jesus used parables to HIDE the truth from the Scribes and Pharisees (Matthew 13). He called them hypocrites and the Ezekiel 33 version names rhetoricians, singers and instrument players who claim some role for God.

"Unmerited Favor" is that Jesus gave His life to TEACH people NOT to be Scribes or hypocrites. If they continue to ENHANCE His work by the performing arts which are CONDEMNED then they have exhausted the INSTRUMENTAL MEANS of Grace.

Most if not ALL of the writers use the PAGAN RELIGIONISTS (in a church near you) as the WHAT NOT TO DO. Then they defined the ANTITHESIS: Preach the Word by Reading the Word.

1Timothy 4:13 Till I come, give attendance to [public] reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
1Timothy 4:14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy [teaching], with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
1Timothy 4:15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
1Timothy 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

"and you shall receive the gift of A holy spirit"

Ken, which Bible translation says "A" holy spirit for Acts 2:38? I know it must be in one of them.

September 23rd, 2012, 8:39 pm #15

Certainly not any of the mythological goddesses: "Aglaia, Euphrosyne, and Thalia."

Just a thought.

Donnie[/color]
As I remember it, FAITH was also a goddess. Wow, it seems like all of the worshipful Faith Only, And Grace T. Faith were ALL wimmen.

Maybe someone knows whether Faith Only had a middle name.

September 23rd, 2012, 9:40 pm #16

Ken, which Bible translation says "A" holy spirit for Acts 2:38? I know it must be in one of them.
The "Spirit" rested ON Jesus and didn't fly into him. When "a spirit" enters INTO you it is called a DEMON which needs to be cast our or exorcised: call in the Levite Soothsayers.

"Spirit" never speaks of a PEOPLE: if you call God a PEOPLE then too bad for you. Our spirit is our mind or "mental disposition." As sinners we have AN UNholy spirit. When sins are washed away we have A holy spirit. That makes one capable of reading black text on brown paper: we are washed with water INTO THE WORD or into the School of Jesus.

People like LU who call in the lady calling for a baptism of FIRE their prayer will probably be answered: the prophecy and fulfillment was a baptism of WIND and FIRE. The Wind or Spirit to blow away the chaff so it can be burned.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on September 23rd, 2012, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 23rd, 2012, 9:44 pm #17

"'A' holy spirit" is fine. Non-Trinitarians will understand what that means. Trinitarians believe that the gift is the Holy Spirit according to the Nicene Creed known as the Catholic Trinity Doctrine, i.e., the "Spirit OF the Lord" being the third person in the Trinity Creed.

As it has already been explained numerous times, the word "spirit" is an improper noun and it is an entity or an attribute of God. The word "spirit" [which is not a proper noun] has been defined or identified throughout the OT and NT periods as meaning "wind, breath, power, force," etc. The word "spirit" of the Lord is modified often by an adjective "holy."

But the gift spoken of in this passage is that of having a spirit that is holy. It is the result of the conversion process of having sins forgiven or remitted in the blood of the Lamb.

Acts 2:38 specifically lists the following events.

1. Activity: Repent
2. Activity: Be baptized
3. Result: For the forgiveness of sins
4. Result: Shall receive the gift of a/the holy spirit.

The parallel passage in Acts 3:19 specifically lists the following events:

1. Activity: Repent
2. Activity: Be converted [there is no conversion without baptism]
3. Result: That your sins may be blotted out
4. Result: The times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

Receiving the gift of having a holy spirit [as opposed to one's spirit being unholy] is clearly receiving the gift of having a clear conscience = "refreshing" = all past sins have been remitted and being ready to begin newness of life.[/color]

September 23rd, 2012, 10:39 pm #18

For the remission of sins be remitted
is EXPLAINED as
"THAT your sins be remitted

Most modern theologians (not related to being a Bible student) agree with the Baptist who make a MAJOR INDUSTRY out of saying:

"BECAUSE your sins have been remitted." The BlogSimps lust to agree and spead hate on the heads of churches of Christ as if driven by Dogs of Hell.

That or PROS has the same meaning as EIS.

The Greek PROS 2. on the side of, towards, of origin or descent, from, on the side of, 3. with Verbs denoting motion towards a place,

Latin UT that, in order that, for the purpose of, so that, so as to
:

Remission of sins COMES FROM faith which obeys in baptism. Salvation when defined as "remission of sins" is ALWAYS the result of obeying the gospel pattern in baptism.

They say that demons cannot even blush.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on September 23rd, 2012, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 23rd, 2012, 11:48 pm #19

Just a thought.

Donnie[/color]
App. BC 1.2 Appian, the Civil Wars

[16] Under these circumstances the Senate assembled at the temple of Fides.1

1 The temple to the goddess of Public Faith was on the Capitoline hill

Livy 1.21.[3] There was a grove watered by a perennial spring which flowed through the midst of it, out of a dark cave. Thither [p. 75]Numa would often withdraw, without witnesses, as if to meet the goddess; so he dedicated the grove to the Camenae, alleging that they held counsel there with his wife Egeria. [4] He also established an annual worship of Faith, to whose chapel he ordered that the flamens should proceed in a two-horse hooded carriage, and should wrap up their arms as far as the fingers before sacrificing, as a sign that faith must be kept, and that even in men's clasped hands her seat is sacred.

Camena B. Meton., poetry, a poem, song: summ dicende Camen, Related to the Muses

From Niceta

8 These restraints on marriage are observed even among the heathen; and it is our condemnation if the true faith cannot do for Christ what false ones do for the devil, who has substituted for the saving chastity of the gospel a damning chastity of his own. The Athenian hierophant disowns his manhood and weakens his passions by a perpetual restraint. The holy office of the flamen is limited to those who have been once married, and the attendants of the flamens' wives must also have had but one husband Only monogamists are allowed to share in the sacred rites connected with the Egyptian bull I need say nothing of the vestal virgins and those of Apollo, the Achivan Juno, Diana, and Minerva MuNiceta.Moray.Allan.html

Hence the priests of Jupiter (who was originally just another form of Bacchus), were called Flamens, * -- that is Breathers, or bestowers of the Holy Ghost, by breathing upon their votaries.

Clement of Alexandrian notes why emasculated men could not be priests:

http://www.piney.com/AnteClHeresVolII.html#these

And do you not see Moses, the hierophant of the truth, enjoining that no eunuch, or emasculated man, or son of a harlot, should enter the congregation?

By the two first he alludes to the impious custom by which men were deprived both of divine energy and of their virility;

and by the third, to him who, in place of the only real God, assumes many gods falsely so called,-as the son of a harlot, in ignorance of his true father, may claim many putative fathers.

Paul warned about the Concision and Dogs.

http://www.piney.com/Galatians.5.Music.Witchcraft.html

September 24th, 2012, 2:00 am #20

John who wrote most of what we know about the Father - Son relationship defines as ANTIchrist those who deny this fact. We have proven that SPIRIT means WIND: no more and no less. It is used figuratively of the BREATH of God.

Denying the full humanity of Jesus who was empowered to be "the body prepared for me" refuses to give Him the glory for doing battle with Satan as Job had done battle as a prophetic type. Jesus was transfigured and received the promise or EVANGELISTIC COMMISSION as The Personal Holy [wholly] Spirit Comforter Who is still king of HIS kingdom and High Priest over His Temple and that leaves NO INPUT from people who CLAIM Spirit authority even for deliberately sowing discord and chasing the owners out while the "musical" group applauded.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly,
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified,
.....both Lord and Christ.

1Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved,
.....and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. [A holy spirit]
1Timothy 2:5 For there is ONE God,
.....and one mediator between God and men,
.....the man Christ Jesus;
1Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time

Rom. 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle,