GARDENDALE BAPTIST CHURCH, Corpus Christi, Texas

rachael
rachael

May 25th, 2005, 3:12 pm #21

This webpage shows the ungodly act at GARDENDALE BAPTIST CHURCH Corpus Christi, Texas on 7/18/2004. By the time you read this page more members will have followed the ousted Christians.

"Members of Gardendale Baptist Church voted Sunday to expel about 165 members from their congregation because they did not support the leadership of the church's pastor, according to a church spokesman and several ousted members."

http://home.stx.rr.com/gardendalecctx/gardendale.html
how dare you talk about a man of GOD the way you have. I'm a member of gardendale and my opinion is, it doesnt matter how you look, what the church sign says, and if they make changes to the church. AS LONG AS PEOPLE ARE WALKING THROUGH THAT FRONT DOOR AND GETTING SAVED AND JOINING A CHURCH THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS. YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SELVES.
HOW CHOULD YOU DISGRACE GARDENDALE AND IN THE PROCESS DISGRACE THE NAME OF GOD.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 25th, 2005, 8:08 pm #22

Rachel

this web page is evil andnot worth getting your self all riled up. It is a joke for these people to call themselves Gods chosen. They stick their noses in areas that are non of their business. Very immature and childish. So just concider the souce, try reading some of the other posting on this sight. It is actually good entertainment and it may send you searching and learning more about Gods plan for you.

Do not give these people the satisfaction of knowing how upset you are. There is no love here. Only judgement and hate.

They are placing themselves in a position of authority and trying to push that authority on others. God is my authority and someday my judge. They to will be judged for their words and actions. Just pray for mercy on their souls.

Joey
Joey

February 10th, 2006, 11:11 pm #23

This webpage shows the ungodly act at GARDENDALE BAPTIST CHURCH Corpus Christi, Texas on 7/18/2004. By the time you read this page more members will have followed the ousted Christians.

"Members of Gardendale Baptist Church voted Sunday to expel about 165 members from their congregation because they did not support the leadership of the church's pastor, according to a church spokesman and several ousted members."

Members who do not support their pastor need to leave or be asked to leave. If you think this is ridiculous, then you should probably rethink the position you have at your church.

Joey D.
Joey D.

February 13th, 2006, 2:26 am #24

how dare you talk about a man of GOD the way you have. I'm a member of gardendale and my opinion is, it doesnt matter how you look, what the church sign says, and if they make changes to the church. AS LONG AS PEOPLE ARE WALKING THROUGH THAT FRONT DOOR AND GETTING SAVED AND JOINING A CHURCH THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS. YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SELVES.
HOW CHOULD YOU DISGRACE GARDENDALE AND IN THE PROCESS DISGRACE THE NAME OF GOD.
To Rachael and Joey:

Let me remind you and everyone else that the purpose of the church is to honor God. It is that simple. It is not about gaining the most members or being the coolest church on the block.

In another context, the man who has brought about this disgrace to Gardendale Baptist is obviously Micah Davidson. The church has had a long clean slate long before this man ever arrived. This man had the audacity to develop a master plan to remove all the elders of the church with whom he disagreed. This led to the disgraceful act during the summer of 2004.

If your pastor ever called on you to remove the "liars, gossipers, and complainers"....I'm sure you would be willing to vote them out your self. But what if the pastor was lying? Did you not know that Micah Davidson was lying in that very letter he sent out to all the members of Gardendale with tithe money of those very same members he was accusing.

I have to admit, I used to be under Micah's spell and I thought he was an awesome pastor. However, he is a charlatan, a fake, and a liar. He is a pastor over the simple-minded. So, if any of you still go to Gardendale Baptist Church or the Real Life Fellowship as it is called now.......OPEN UP YOUR EYES and EARS....please don't be simple-minded and mind God's word to find out the truth for yourselves.

Oh and that other Joey.....are you going to support your pastor even if you know he is a liar? I think not. I think it's good to have some disagreements with a pastor. We don't want dictatorships in all our churches. Plus, the pastor should respect the elders of the church as it is noted in the scriptures.

One final note, I'm dissapointed to see another pastor such as Doug Jackson to be backing up Micah Davidson. However, I know them both and I wouldn't be suprised if Doug did back up Micah. After all, I have heard Pastor Doug raise his voice and shout a few curse words at one of his church members back in the day. I heard it on a recorded tape that that member played for me. This leads me to my final point.

I have lost a lot of faith in pastors recently and the Southern Baptist Convention, but I still have faith in God. I guess that is all that really matters. However, one day I would really like to regain faith in pastors and the SBC once again. I don't know what that will take, but in today's world, I'm sure it will be nothing short of a miracle.

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

February 13th, 2006, 10:17 pm #25

Just for back up information, the church Christ founded did not allow even for Apostles with supernatural powers to LORD it over other people. In defining the roles in the early church Paul in Ephesians 4 identified the elders as the PASTOR-TEACHERS of the flock. There can be no dominant or single pastor. Those who are qualified to preach are called EVANGELISTS and they have no role in a local congregatio once it has elders. In additon, the deacons are younger men who also have TEACHING as their role.

The elders are PINNED DOWN to "teach that which has been taught" and to "refute those who oppose" that written Word. The word RULE is based on the "contract" that the elder will NOT teach other material because Christ founded an ekklesia which like the synagogue is solely "a school of the Bible." The word OBEY means that you follow the elders WHERE he teaches the Bible and watch "the outcome of his life." Therefore, there is NO command authority given to anyone and none are under obligation when they are invaded.

The scam in many of the purpose driven churches including some churches of Christ is to FIRE the deacons and hire friends who are more COMPLIANT. The elders are demoted to a board or SHEPERDS over the PASTOR and not over the flock. This is the way that an evil professional gains power by psychological intimitation. Therefore, it is important to make it well known that he is a HIRELING and the congregation who pays is the FIRELINGS.

Neither the Bible nor church history gives a WAGED office for anyone because with the Bible the church, Paul said, is competent to teach and exhort one another. Paul DENIED that there was a LAW OF GIVING and you cannot promote the TITHE without denying the cross. The history of the church is filled with the denial of a PREACHING class which dominates and DENIAL that there is a COMMAND to give money to any institution.

Here is the motto and you need to spread it far and wide with perhaps an article or two in the local papers to do an end run against those POLLUTING the Word which means to RETAIL IT:

All for the DESTITUTE and not ONE PENNY for the INSTITUTE.

The Greek literature called all of the PERFORMING operatives PARASITES and so they are. You need to PEEL them off your backs.

Crystal
Crystal

March 24th, 2006, 10:00 pm #26

I find it very sad that almost 2 years after the fact people are still fighting over this. What is done is done get over it. I think that what we did as a church was right and if you don't ,move on and grow up. I don't get why we need to hear the same thing over and over.
crystal

Doug Jackson
Doug Jackson

April 24th, 2006, 3:59 am #27

To Rachael and Joey:

Let me remind you and everyone else that the purpose of the church is to honor God. It is that simple. It is not about gaining the most members or being the coolest church on the block.

In another context, the man who has brought about this disgrace to Gardendale Baptist is obviously Micah Davidson. The church has had a long clean slate long before this man ever arrived. This man had the audacity to develop a master plan to remove all the elders of the church with whom he disagreed. This led to the disgraceful act during the summer of 2004.

If your pastor ever called on you to remove the "liars, gossipers, and complainers"....I'm sure you would be willing to vote them out your self. But what if the pastor was lying? Did you not know that Micah Davidson was lying in that very letter he sent out to all the members of Gardendale with tithe money of those very same members he was accusing.

I have to admit, I used to be under Micah's spell and I thought he was an awesome pastor. However, he is a charlatan, a fake, and a liar. He is a pastor over the simple-minded. So, if any of you still go to Gardendale Baptist Church or the Real Life Fellowship as it is called now.......OPEN UP YOUR EYES and EARS....please don't be simple-minded and mind God's word to find out the truth for yourselves.

Oh and that other Joey.....are you going to support your pastor even if you know he is a liar? I think not. I think it's good to have some disagreements with a pastor. We don't want dictatorships in all our churches. Plus, the pastor should respect the elders of the church as it is noted in the scriptures.

One final note, I'm dissapointed to see another pastor such as Doug Jackson to be backing up Micah Davidson. However, I know them both and I wouldn't be suprised if Doug did back up Micah. After all, I have heard Pastor Doug raise his voice and shout a few curse words at one of his church members back in the day. I heard it on a recorded tape that that member played for me. This leads me to my final point.

I have lost a lot of faith in pastors recently and the Southern Baptist Convention, but I still have faith in God. I guess that is all that really matters. However, one day I would really like to regain faith in pastors and the SBC once again. I don't know what that will take, but in today's world, I'm sure it will be nothing short of a miracle.
I am unaware of ever having cursed at a member of my congregation. If you have evidence that I did so, your duty as my brother in Christ is to bring the matter to my attention so that I can repent and seek the forgiveness of that individual. If you do, indeed, possess such a tape, please contact me and let's set up a time when I can hear it. Otherwise, you need to seek my forgiveness for slandering me anonymously with a second-hand report posted in a public format.

Doug Jackson

Doug Jackson
Doug Jackson

April 24th, 2006, 4:05 am #28

I am ashamed that another Baptist Pastor would even defend such an action that Micah Davidson took towards his congregation. This is what Doug Jackson, pastor of Second Baptist Church of Corpus Christi wrote to the local news paper. By the way his church is changing too.
Self rule for Baptists
Ann Couser's letter (July 27) regarding the recent actions of Gardendale Baptist Church errs through a misunderstanding of Baptist church structure summed up in her phrase, "the Baptist Church."
Baptist polity holds that each congregation is autonomous. While we may choose to cooperate on various endeavors, there is no such thing as "the" Baptist Church in the same sense as "the" Catholic or Episcopal Church.
For instance, Gardendale can drop "Baptist" from its name, yet remain in fellowship with the Southern Baptist Convention. The practices of other faiths have no bearing on a Baptist church, which believes itself bound only by Scripture. Baptists do not lack provisions for removing members. Matthew 18.15-17 sets a precedent for removal.
Each congregation carries this out in its own way. It is not generically true that "a board of congregants oversees church business." Some Baptist churches have a pastor-led structure; some rely more on the deacon body, committees, or boards of elders. I do not know (nor is it my business) if Gardendale's actions are consistent with its own bylaws, but Gardendale cannot be criticized on the basis of the structure of any other church.

Doug Jackson

email: aslan@2bc.org

(Pastor, Second Baptist Church
of Corpus Christi)
I would like to clarify a factual matter. If you read my letter carefully, you will realize that I neither defended nor criticized Micah. I simply corrected some factual errors as to how Baptists have historically undrestood the New Testament on the subject of church government. I stated clearly that the actions of another autonomous local church were none of my business either way. Secondly, I am interested in what you mean by my church "changing". I wonder if you could tell me what these changes are and how you come to know about the inner workings of our church?

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 20th, 2006, 2:34 pm #29

But, this did affect me directly. We did ask him many times if these "homegroups" were eventually going to take the place of Sunday Night Service> And he lied to us with that "very nice smile" and said no. That same very nice guy treated the mostly elderly congrgation that assembled one Sunday night on their own (who with or without a pastor were going to meet and pray for one another and share testimonies of God's grace)with great disrespect and used the pulpit as a place from which to hurl anger and bitterness thinly disguised with scripture. Precious Holy Words were mixed with a long nasty story about his daughters excriment. We have seen those sweet blue eyes of his well up with haughtiness and declare "I Will Not Preach on Sunday Night!!" Apalling! That is some of what I have seen(not gossip!)of the very nice man who made some bad choices in caring for the beautiful loving flock God gave to him
And now Micah has traded in scripture for chicken Soup stories. God's messages of grace and peace for stings of jokes and personal stories. Ministries that once abounded for the care of the poor and humble that live all around Gardendale have been exchanged for what's flashy and hip. it's so sad. Perhaps like watching the prodigal squander his fathers blessing. Thankfully other pastors have been called into the area to provide what Gardendale use to provide to this area of town. a light in the darknesss.

john
john

June 5th, 2008, 2:41 am #30

the church many helped bild has been sold to a deveolper fpr 3million dollars.