Farragut Church of Christ in Farragut, Tenn.

Farragut Church of Christ in Farragut, Tenn.

Mellon Fry M.D.
Mellon Fry M.D.

December 15th, 2002, 12:05 pm #1

I attended th Farragut Churchof Christ in Farragut, Tenn. until about 2 years ago. About 70 of us left because of the elders attitude and also a preacher from Texas. Now I understand that an additional 30 members are very unhappy. They seem to what to join the community church concepts. They are learning from the change agents in Nashville. I dont see any hope unless they are draged from the church building . Pray for th Lords Church. I was a deacon and finance chairman.

Update:
This church started over three years to run off its native members. Over one hundred people have left including elders and deacons. The remaining elders are dictators. People continue to leave.
Last edited by ConcernedMembers on December 16th, 2002, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 17th, 2002, 3:33 am #2

When will you get it??? People aren't being run off, they are leaving of their own FREE will. And DICTATORS is a rather STRONG word don't you think??

People like you are ruining the CofC. Get a little FREEDOM man!!!
Last edited by ConcernedMembers on December 17th, 2002, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anon
Anon

December 18th, 2002, 4:50 am #3

Mr. Moderator (I think we all know who you are)

Why do you edit messages? You take an awful lot of "editorial license" in your editing process. I think it is a-kin to lying when you take out part of posts at YOUR discression.

Just a thought...Probably won't get anywhere. It is the modus operandi for this site.

==========================
Message From The Moderator

Dearest Anon;

Your assumptions are in error! That sometimes happens when we assume.

The moderators of this web site have no reason to edit the post here. The truth always speaks clearly against lies.
We welcome the "Change Agents". If it were not for them we would not have a mission.

Edits are usually to bogus names that are to long. In those cases we just change the name to "anonymous"

We normally let anyone have their say, at least once. If a poster is a prolific anonymous attacker, and their post are just more of the same, then it is the option of the moderator to delete the post, or move it to the VipersDen.

The moderators try to speak with one voice, the truth, and their identity is not any more important than yours. We welcome anonymous post.

I will keep my assumptions about you private.

Thank You
Last edited by ConcernedMembers on December 18th, 2002, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christopher Ragland
Christopher Ragland

March 10th, 2003, 3:44 am #4

I attended th Farragut Churchof Christ in Farragut, Tenn. until about 2 years ago. About 70 of us left because of the elders attitude and also a preacher from Texas. Now I understand that an additional 30 members are very unhappy. They seem to what to join the community church concepts. They are learning from the change agents in Nashville. I dont see any hope unless they are draged from the church building . Pray for th Lords Church. I was a deacon and finance chairman.

Update:
This church started over three years to run off its native members. Over one hundred people have left including elders and deacons. The remaining elders are dictators. People continue to leave.
Although it is not good anytime when members leave a church, what Mrs. Fry did not mention about the situation is that the church has also lost at least as many "new" members (that is what I will call people who have not been at the church for at least 20 years!) if not more because of the stifling and oppressive atmosphere displayed often by the "old" members. The real problem at this church is not "dictatorial" elders or even the preacher (who eventually left due to negativity and back biting). The real problem is that too many people want to do their will rather than God's will and can't accept that maybe, just maybe, everything they learned fifty years ago is not completely correct. I, and the rest of the "change agent" members, only hope and pray that our fellow brothers and sisters (if they will still acknowledge us as so) will see that everything that is being done is to try to "reach and save the lost" so that "none should be left behind", not to covertly and underhandedly take over "their" church.

PS: Jesus was the greatest change agent of all time...I think we're in pretty good company!

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 14th, 2003, 11:14 am #5

Why did 2 0f your elders resign in the past year.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 14th, 2003, 11:26 am #6

When will you get it??? People aren't being run off, they are leaving of their own FREE will. And DICTATORS is a rather STRONG word don't you think??

People like you are ruining the CofC. Get a little FREEDOM man!!!
Are you afaid to give your name

Christopher Ragland
Christopher Ragland

March 16th, 2003, 8:29 am #7

Why did 2 0f your elders resign in the past year.
Obviously, you know the church so why not give your name. As for why the elders resigned, there was differentiation among the eldership as to the direction of the church as far as I know. The real problem is that there is dissension among the eldership as well as in the church and without a cohesive group of shepherds, how can the church be a cohesive unit? I don't believe, as Mr. Fry said, that they were "driven away" and also don't feel that they deserve to carry more weight just because they have been there longer. The church is not "owned" by a group of people and should try to teach and admonish all its members in the best and most effective way possible according to how we interpret the bible...which, in some cases, is now different from traditional thought.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 9th, 2003, 10:08 am #8

Update:
Mr. Fry has been gone from the Farragut church of Christ for several years. If information is stated concerning that church, it should come from someone who knows what they is talking about. His opinions are very one-sided...and outdated.

Church of christ Member
Church of christ Member

January 7th, 2006, 3:31 am #9

Update:
Dear Mr Major Disgruntle,
It's too bad you feel to need to lash out against other Christian Churches for your own ego problems. It is people like you that I do not want to model myself after. Thank you so much for leaving the Wonderfully, overflowing progressive and outreaching Farragut Church of Christ!
Tehy are really a major asset to that community! It is full of very good people.
Have a nice time at your new location and I pray for the people there. I will visit the Farragut Church of Christ next time I visit Tennessee!

Susan Borella
Susan Borella

January 7th, 2006, 3:49 am #10

Update:
I am appauled by your attitude towards a church that you apparently were a member of for so long. I have visited this church on many occasions and I am very encouraged by what I seee going on there. They are all reaching out and drawing people in. You really are showing a great deal of ignorance by this statement. And oh what a way to get your self remembered! I see so much growth and love there. I guess maybe you are right, it was not the place for you!
Keep it up Farragut you are on the right road!
Susan