Farmers Branch Church of Christ, Dallas,Tx.

November 2nd, 2002, 7:44 am #11

I am a concerned memeber. I am concerned not for the actions of churches who are effectively reaching their community, but I am concerned about the thoughts and opinions expressed in this page. The very idea that there are Christians who spend more time researching petty arguments than they do giving their witness to people who don't know about Jesus Christ saddens me a great deal.

Ask yourself two questions...

What am I doing in my daily life that is allowing people who don't know about the salvation offered through Jesus Christ to know what God is offering them?

What is my church doing that is EFFECTIVELY reaching the surrounding community for Christ?

The Apostle Paul tells us that people will know of our faith not because of our correct doctine, not because of all of our right answers, not becauzse of our arguments with other churches, but because of our love.

Wise up.
Sam,

You would do well to take your own advice.

God commanded us to:

1 Thes 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

1 John 4:1 "believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

Matthew 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

Matthew 24:4 "Take heed that no man deceive you."

Acts 17:11 "search the scriptures daily, whether those things were so"

Phil 1:10 "approve things that are excellent"

2 Tim 2:15-16 "rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings"

Jude 3 "earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints"

2 Tim 4:2-3 "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

We are:

Eph 5:10 "proving what is acceptable unto the Lord"

We know that:

1 Cor 2:15 "he that is spiritual judgeth all things"

People will not know Christ by us singing Barney songs ("I love you, you love me"), but by teaching the Word (which your post was evidently lacking).

So, Sam, wise up and start doing what God has commanded you to do.

Prayerfully Onward,

Kevin

PreacherMan
PreacherMan

November 5th, 2002, 5:35 pm #12

I am a concerned memeber. I am concerned not for the actions of churches who are effectively reaching their community, but I am concerned about the thoughts and opinions expressed in this page. The very idea that there are Christians who spend more time researching petty arguments than they do giving their witness to people who don't know about Jesus Christ saddens me a great deal.

What am I doing in my daily life that is allowing people who don't know about the salvation offered through Jesus Christ to know what God is offering them?

What is my church doing that is EFFECTIVELY reaching the surrounding community for Christ?

The Apostle Paul tells us that people will know of our faith not because of our correct doctine, not because of all of our right answers, not becauzse of our arguments with other churches, but because of our love.

Wise up.
Thanks you for your insightful, right-on-target post. This "Concerned Members" web site represents the last gasp of the ultra-conservatives in the Churches of Christ.

Thankfully, they will soon be an irrelevant part of our history.

Onward and Upward.

Kenneth Sublett
Kenneth Sublett

November 5th, 2002, 10:54 pm #13

No. Nothing could cause the PENDULUM to swing to the RIGHT extreme with greater force than the LIBERAL who believes that not lying about the Bible on things like pagan music is evil. The swing is going and we will have to await the firing of INFILTRATING AND DIVERTING musical "preachers" and the restoration of both RIGHT and LEFT to the middle which makes church A SCHOOL OF CHRIST and doesn't try to get into my mind or spirit and LEAD me into worship. Here is the way it is prophesied of those who PROMISE LIBERTY in exchange for an unlawful salary:

"The VILE person shall be no more called liberal, nor the churl (withholding) said to be bountiful (freedom). Isaiah 32:5

----"The vile person- nabal, the pampered, fattened, brainless fellow, who eats to live, and lives to eat; who will scarcely part with any thing, and that which he does give he gives with an evil eye and a grudging heart. Adam Clark

For the vile person will speak villany, and his heart will work iniquity, to practise hypocrisy, and to utter error against the Lord,
--to make empty the soul of the hungry,
-----and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail. Isaiah 32:6

Starving people with music is also the theme of Amos 5, 6, 8 and Isaiah 5.

--And the Lord said unto me, Take unto thee yet the instruments of a foolish (vile) shepherd. Zech 11:15

-----Instruments (h3627) instrument, jewel, psaltery, sack, stuff, thing, tool, vessel, ware, weapon, / whatsoever.

For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, which shall not visit those that be cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that that standeth still:
--but he shall eat the flesh of the fat, and tear their claws in pieces. Zech 11:16

He is taking a JOB where no job exists and using MUSIC to tear off the fat or TITHE of your hard earned money. Why gloat that one is being stripped of their fat and exult in being MIND CONTROLLED? Because the Vile person pretends to be a LIBERAL but he is just a CHURL and people love to have it so.

Woe to the idol shepherd that leaveth the flock the sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened. Zech 11:17

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. John 10:11

But he that is an hireling (wage worker), and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. John 10:12

The Vile person is empty like the familiar spirit or a harp:

Vile is: Nabal (h5036) naw-bawl'; from 5034; stupid; wicked (espec. impious): - fool (-ish, -ish man, -ish woman), vile person.

Nebel (h5035) neh'-bel; from 5034; a skin- bag for liquids (from collapsing when empty); hence a vase (as similar in shape when full); also a lyre (as having a body of like form): - bottle, pitcher, psaltery, vessel, viol

"they employed on their light, enervating unmeaning music, and if they were in earnest enough, justified their inventions by the example of David... The word can mean no other than devise. He introduced into the Temple-service the use of the stringed instruments, the kinnor, (the lyre) and the nebel (the harp) in addition to the cymbals.

Whence these, in contrast to the trumpets, are called the instruments of David." (Barnes, Albert, Amos, p. 308

-----Improvizing: "It is commonly used with abstract nouns as, devices, evil, vanity; but always in the meaning of 'devising,' 'inventing.'... It is used also of war-like machines." (Barnes, Albert, Amos, p. 308)\

The evidence is 100% that music is used by Satan to STEAL the Word of God and divert His worship to the team: it began in heaven, the garden of Eden and will be the MARK of the end time Babylon Whore who uses music and musicians (Rev. 18).

Don't let the preacher men steal your "fat" as Paul warned you and history repudiates them and spits them out of its mouth. You pro-musical "guys" are having a good effect on once instrumental groups.

VILE defines all SINGING and INSTRUMENTAL terms in the Bible. Singers and players were prostitutes or Sodomites in Jerusalem. The Levitical singers were performing the TYPE of mocking Jesus by the homosexual priesthood as they SLAUGHTERED Him: but the vile could never enter into the Holy Place or church of Christ.

So, don't blame the Annymouses for hiding in the closet. Liberal Christians are LIBERAL with MY property but they GIVE nothing. They MOCK the word liberal.

Ken Sublett

Kenneth Sublett
Kenneth Sublett

November 6th, 2002, 2:43 am #14

Wise up.
Sam: The Apostle Paul tells us that people will know of our faith not because of our correct doctine, not because of all of our right answers, not becauzse of our arguments with other churches, but because of our love.

Ken: No, Sam, that is a lie. You have been listening to preachers riding tandem on the back of widows too long. Wise up and SEND THEM OUT. A "located evangelists" is like a located traveling salesman. I don't remember ever learning ANYTHING from a preacher.

Jesus said that if you LOVE ME you will keep MY commandments. People who don't sing and clap LOVE MORE than anyone who would clap--meaning to drive a tent peg into a head--in the face of Lord Jesus Christ when HE is trying to be our ONE AND ONLY Teacher and Preacher through His Word.

John Calvin asked: "Why should the plouging oxen starve and the lazy asses be fed." Paul would say that it was a DIRECT COMMAND and his APPROVED PATTERN that "if he will not work neither let him eat."

Now, the method of Jesus was that you made converts by sending evangelists OUT. Church is not about evangelism: it like the synagogue is A SCHOOL OF THE BIBLE. Even the Lord's Supper is a preaching or showing forth of the death of Christ. If you sing and clap the watching world will think that you are queer.

The Levites were NOT musicians. They made a great, crashing NOISE while the TYPE of Lord Jesus Christ was being slaughtered and burned. No Jewish singer or musician and not even the vilest pagan temples were so vile that they allowed them into the holy places. The Holy Place was a type of the church of Christ: all singers and musicians who claim to lead you into the presence of God have blasphemed and if you clap you blaspheme.

The singers and players around the temple area were PROSTITUTES and SODOMITES. This is verified by the meaning of all SINGING AND PLAYING words which relate to the minstrel or prostitutes. Remember that Jesus put the musical minstrels out "more or less violently"?

Paul authorized NO local preachers: the elders have one direct command which is "to teach that WHICH HAS BEEN WRITTEN and refute those who oppose it." The deacons were younger TEACHERS able to go out from the local flock.

No, Sam, you fib about Paul who set the pattern of a suffering servant for evangelists and the people's minds which have been dissociated with music clap their little hands. No. Sam. We are waiting for your proof text which the clappers despise.

The WHITE PAPER was filled with BLACK LIES: every proof text for music as worship perverted the Scripture and it is credit to the discorders that YOU GUYS couldn't tell the difference. Why do you applaud so loudly for your lack of the Word and therefore the Spirit of Christ? Huh? I'll tell you what Paul did say of the Corinthians: "Fools love to be fooled." kno dat?

Ken Sublett

Kenneth Sublett
Kenneth Sublett

December 18th, 2002, 9:02 pm #15

It appears that Farmers Branch Church of Christ has been experimenting with "praise teams "and music in Worship for some two or more years now.

The below document from the Elders of Farmers Branch was distributed to the Churches members and subsequently a copy was sent to Kenneth Subblett for evaluation.

The document is a "white paper" giving the Elders scriptual basis for a new third Worship service on Saturday night featuring with what appears to be full music intrumentation.

Mr. Sublett's review appears below the document link.

As one follows the progression of Churches making the transition several things become obvious;

1. The "third worship service" is always just a ploy to bring the "new experience" into the regular worship service.

2. Once the "icecream" store is opened, it's just a matter of time before one flavor is not enough. Churches bringing in "Praise Teams" should be aware that the next move is a gradual shift toward full musical instrumentation. The Elders uniformly cover their words by saying, "our intent is not to have instruments".
Then, eventially they determine as in the document below that instruments are Ok.

3. Sriptual basis is always referenced to the NIV bible. The reason for this is simple. The NIV and other modern versions have been corrupted to allow these conclusions.
================
A Consideration Of Instrumental Accompaniment In Corporate Worship, from The Elders at Farmers Branch Church of Christ.
http://www.concernedmembers.com/links/instruments.htm

A Review Of This Document By Kenneth Sublett;
http://www.piney.com/Farmers-Branch-Music.html

Links Describing Corruption Of The NIV And Other Modern Versions, That Bring On Apostasy In The Church;
http://www.concernedmembers.com/library.htm#hit
Let me begin with telling you one of the names of Satan: it is SATURN. In the Chaldee his number is 666.

When Israel repudiated God's Covenant of Grace, just as He expected that they would, by rising up to play in musical idolatry it was the worship of the STARRY HOSTS including Saturn who is primarily Chiun in Amos' repudiation of music but is also Molech.

God gave them the LAW as punishment and TURNED THEM OVER to worship that which they LUSTED FOR. This was the worship of Saturn and other planets along with the SUN and moon. Their worship, government, temple and most rituals were BABYLONIAN or "like the nations" as God gave them kings to lead them into captivity and death.

The Sabbath was NEVER a day of worship but of REST. By restricting the activities of the Jews God used FORCE to keep a few away from sabbath WORSHIP which had it origin (like the tithe) in Babylon. Solomon actually built temples for them.

Christmas rituals and Candle Light Services are the direct worship of these pagan idols including Lucifer (ZOE) who is the "light giver" of the knowledge of good and evil even in the garden of Eden. That is what Paul meant when he absolutely restricted non-sedentary roles for women in worship. They or the effete counterpart will always (because they did always) turn the church to lights (fire worship) and music (given by Lucifer to steal worship from God.)

A horrified lady watched Cosmic Christmas and verified what I had been reporting about it. Along with Rubel Shelly's "baptizing Santa" and the S.U.N. god to think of the S.O.N. god, Max rebottles the ancient Gnostic views about Christ and Christmas taught by the Orphites (serpent worshipers) and Cainites (Judas worshipers).

I have posted the Shamash or S.U.N. worship of Cosmic Christmas here to show you where this stuff was hatched:

http://www.piney.com/Shamash.html

I have also posted the Madison's new worship leaders comments on CANDLE LIGHT MASS (Christ MASS) to show that this is all the worship of Molech whose "candle" was lit by infants along with the "fingers of unborn babies" which made VERY POWERFUL candles.

http://www.piney.com/MuCandles.html

John Mark Hicks a pal of Rubel Shelly and Max Lucado warn that their INCARNATION views may deny that Christ came fully in the flesh. We believe that Cosmic Christmas proves it. If so this would be identical to the meaning of Anti-Christ.

Any Christmas ritual worshiping an infant is identical to Babylonian MOTHER GODDESS WORSHIP. All Christmas or candle light (fire or serpent worship) is derived from Catholic MOTHER OF GOD worship which demands an "eternal child" which Catholics confess to having borrowed from paganism to ATTRACT the pagans.

Not so new or innovative, if you ask me. But it is the prophesied end-time Babylonian worship FULL BLOWN.

Kenneth Sublett

Scott
Scott

December 19th, 2002, 7:56 pm #16

You are way out there. Where do you come up with your jibbersih? That's all it is is jibberish! Why don't you say something that is worth reading.

Kenneth Sublett
Kenneth Sublett

December 21st, 2002, 8:21 pm #17

Let me begin with telling you one of the names of Satan: it is SATURN. In the Chaldee his number is 666.

When Israel repudiated God's Covenant of Grace, just as He expected that they would, by rising up to play in musical idolatry it was the worship of the STARRY HOSTS including Saturn who is primarily Chiun in Amos' repudiation of music but is also Molech.

God gave them the LAW as punishment and TURNED THEM OVER to worship that which they LUSTED FOR. This was the worship of Saturn and other planets along with the SUN and moon. Their worship, government, temple and most rituals were BABYLONIAN or "like the nations" as God gave them kings to lead them into captivity and death.

The Sabbath was NEVER a day of worship but of REST. By restricting the activities of the Jews God used FORCE to keep a few away from sabbath WORSHIP which had it origin (like the tithe) in Babylon. Solomon actually built temples for them.

Christmas rituals and Candle Light Services are the direct worship of these pagan idols including Lucifer (ZOE) who is the "light giver" of the knowledge of good and evil even in the garden of Eden. That is what Paul meant when he absolutely restricted non-sedentary roles for women in worship. They or the effete counterpart will always (because they did always) turn the church to lights (fire worship) and music (given by Lucifer to steal worship from God.)

A horrified lady watched Cosmic Christmas and verified what I had been reporting about it. Along with Rubel Shelly's "baptizing Santa" and the S.U.N. god to think of the S.O.N. god, Max rebottles the ancient Gnostic views about Christ and Christmas taught by the Orphites (serpent worshipers) and Cainites (Judas worshipers).

I have posted the Shamash or S.U.N. worship of Cosmic Christmas here to show you where this stuff was hatched:

http://www.piney.com/Shamash.html

I have also posted the Madison's new worship leaders comments on CANDLE LIGHT MASS (Christ MASS) to show that this is all the worship of Molech whose "candle" was lit by infants along with the "fingers of unborn babies" which made VERY POWERFUL candles.

http://www.piney.com/MuCandles.html

John Mark Hicks a pal of Rubel Shelly and Max Lucado warn that their INCARNATION views may deny that Christ came fully in the flesh. We believe that Cosmic Christmas proves it. If so this would be identical to the meaning of Anti-Christ.

Any Christmas ritual worshiping an infant is identical to Babylonian MOTHER GODDESS WORSHIP. All Christmas or candle light (fire or serpent worship) is derived from Catholic MOTHER OF GOD worship which demands an "eternal child" which Catholics confess to having borrowed from paganism to ATTRACT the pagans.

Not so new or innovative, if you ask me. But it is the prophesied end-time Babylonian worship FULL BLOWN.

Kenneth Sublett
I have tried to personally communicate with the music minister at Farmer's Branch and show that every PROOF TEXT for the use of instrumental music in Spiritual worship has been terribly perverted. I just don't know why.

I read his first report after the Sabbath (Saturn is 666) worship with music and honoring the First Born on the Seventh (Saturn) day with the Lord's Supper and PRESIDE OVER females. I get the feeling that he might have worried that God was going to do something bad. No! God uses all kinds to MARK OUT for the end time.

Remember that when His messenger THRUSTS IN THE SICKLE the image is that of SATURN (666) and sickle in Hebrew is one of those NAMES OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS because they were ONLY useful for STEALING ONE'S INHERITANCE or "PRUNING YOUR VINES."

Shouldn't trust in growth because it was prophesied that Jesus would not CALL AN ASSEMBLY and where masses are gathered the birds or demons will circle plucking up the seed. He will only meet you "outside the camp" and Maccabees shows that both CAMPS were devoted to ZEUS and DIONYSUS or BACCHUS whose "priests" piped trying to get Jesus to sing and dance.

I have noticed that the SEED PLUCKING movement has been slightly distanced from the church. You can keep updated here:

http://www.fbextreme.com/

I couldn't miss the SYMBOLISM of the S.U.N. glasses and the urge to "Come catch some S.O.N. this Saturday." Music, even in Jerusalem, was devoted to the S.U.N. or Astrial deities of which SATURN (666) was very important in "catching" children to be DEDICATED to Satan. You will CATCH some more of this in First Maccabees.

How better to HATCH new kiddies by using THAT WHICH HAS ALREADY DESTROYED SO MANY and then USE them as fodder to feed the hired hands on the Lord's Day.

It is called EXTREME WORSHIP EXPERIENCE. Let me remind you that like movie plots, there are very few TYPES of Abomination of Desolation. These types are fulfilled in the key LOSTNESS periods of Judaism and Christianity. The Book of Maccabees proves that the TEMPLE worship at Gerezim and Jerusalem was devoted to ZEUS and Dionysus or Bacchus (The "god" of the New Wineskin).

Untruthful handling of the WORD of God is the CAUSE but MUSIC is the MARK or sign of lostness beyond redemption.

When you see "music" used AS worship you know that the same agents are promoting NEW WINESKIN worship which is the worship of the S.U.N. God (Santa, Satan).

The NEW STYLE began with the GYMNASIUM and MUSICAL IDOLATRY where both male and female "musicians" (always the Harem of the Gods) came into the Holy Place as the type of the church of Christ.

I see some connection:

http://www.piney.com/2Macc.html

If you think that I am over reaching just read Revelation 18. And be advised that God will not stop you as you separate out the different MARKS but Saturn (Sabbath) has the number 666 and he is also Apollo the father of the Seeker-Center. He was the father of musical harmony, twanging bowstrings, thieves and liars. He is Abbadon or Apollyon and the signs include the MARK of music versus the MARK of the Word.

The Biblical and other evidence written long before Moses is that once you have fallen into the MUSIC trap you have fallen and you will never get up. However, God sends strong delusions to make you keep on singing, playing and clapping.

Rejecting God's Word or covenant of Grace at Mount Sinai caused them to rise up in MUSICAL PLAY or idolatry. The BOOK OF THE LAW was the MARK imposed because of their transgression. Don't be fooled because MUSICAL worship is LEGALISTIC worship trying to PROP UP the "failing" god.

Truth ALWAYS hurts when you are soul sick: I don't intend to offend you but you must feel that you have been trapped. Satan used it on Eve in the garden. He was not a snake: he was a MUSICAL ENCHANTER as all history knows.

Ken Sublett: This is the third time and more.

Patsy
Patsy

March 31st, 2003, 7:40 pm #18

It appears that Farmers Branch Church of Christ has been experimenting with "praise teams "and music in Worship for some two or more years now.

The below document from the Elders of Farmers Branch was distributed to the Churches members and subsequently a copy was sent to Kenneth Subblett for evaluation.

The document is a "white paper" giving the Elders scriptual basis for a new third Worship service on Saturday night featuring with what appears to be full music intrumentation.

Mr. Sublett's review appears below the document link.

As one follows the progression of Churches making the transition several things become obvious;

1. The "third worship service" is always just a ploy to bring the "new experience" into the regular worship service.

2. Once the "icecream" store is opened, it's just a matter of time before one flavor is not enough. Churches bringing in "Praise Teams" should be aware that the next move is a gradual shift toward full musical instrumentation. The Elders uniformly cover their words by saying, "our intent is not to have instruments".
Then, eventially they determine as in the document below that instruments are Ok.

3. Sriptual basis is always referenced to the NIV bible. The reason for this is simple. The NIV and other modern versions have been corrupted to allow these conclusions.
================
A Consideration Of Instrumental Accompaniment In Corporate Worship, from The Elders at Farmers Branch Church of Christ.
http://www.concernedmembers.com/links/instruments.htm

A Review Of This Document By Kenneth Sublett;
http://www.piney.com/Farmers-Branch-Music.html

Links Describing Corruption Of The NIV And Other Modern Versions, That Bring On Apostasy In The Church;
http://www.concernedmembers.com/library.htm#hit
Having just today read all the posts to this original message regarding Farmers Branch and to all the liberals out there and especially to those who made their posts, I have observed that you only make your snide remarks without any scriptural references to back up your thinking. If you cannot find clapping or the use of instruments in worship to God, praise teams, "all you need is love" thinking, etc., in scripture, you need to rethink the stand you have taken. You have become another denomination. How does it feel to be in the denominational world?

Sam Middlebrook
Sam Middlebrook

April 8th, 2003, 8:40 pm #19

I'm simply amazed at the level of spite on this website. It seems that there are people whose sole purpose is tear apart the church, not build it up.

And to Mr. Sublett (I apologize if I'm mispelling your name, sir)...

I don't understand how you can take God-breathed scripture and pervert is as you do. My earlier post was based on Scripture.

Sam Middlebrook
Sam Middlebrook

April 9th, 2003, 3:57 pm #20

Patsy,

Thanks for your well-thought and nicely worded response. I appreciate that though we disagree, that you keep your thoughts civil.

You did write something that troubled me. I will try to reciprocate your respectful post by doing the same (who knows, maybe we'll start a trend), and hopefully, some intelligent, relevant discussion can come out of this. I'm not looking to pick a fight, I just want to have some honest dialogue.

You said something to the effect of "all you need is love" not being a Biblically based philosphy. I agree that you need more than love, but if we are not operating out of love, then our actions are not worth anything. To act on love is the most Christ-like thing we can as believers in an unbelieveing world. I'm going to include some scriptures here to support what I'm saying...

Lev. 19:18
"You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD. "

Prov. 10:12
"Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions."

Matt. 5:44
"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

Matt. 19:19
"HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

John 13:34
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another."

John 15:17
"This I command you, that you love one another."

Romans 12:10
"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor"

Romans 13:8
"Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law."

1 Cor. 16:14
"Let all that you do be done in love."

Gal. 5:6
"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love."

Phil. 2:1-2
"Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose."

Col 3:14
"Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity."

1 Tim. 1:5
"But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith."

Heb. 13:1
"Let love of the brethren continue."

1 John 3:11
"For this is the message which you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another"

Patsy, you and I can disagree on clapping, praise teams, instruments, and other things, but the Kindgom can't afford to have believers disagreeing on the centrality of love to our faith and actions.

Love is the essence of our faith, and when it all comes down to it, all we need as the Church is love. Everything else springs out of this. True doctrine, evangelism, worship, teaching, they all flow out of this basic principle modeled to us by Christ.

I'd love to hear your thoughts so we can discuss it further.

Mr. Sublett, I have kept my thoughts quite concise and have not rambled. I have kept the source of my comments to NOTHING BUT scripture. If you choose to reply, please do the same. Your thoughts that come from Greek mythology and other websites have no bearing on any of these conversations, and quite frankly, make no sense.