Farewell with an Apology

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

October 16th, 2011, 3:43 pm #1

It's time for me to push on. I have a satirical sense of humor that many do not understand and may find offensive. For that, I do apologize. Despite this site's good intentions, its message boards fuel considerable hostility among posters of differing views. IMO, it would have been much better had the creators of this site simply confined themselves to publishing articles about the Change Movement and the change agents and let it go at that. Maybe one day they will do just that.

Adieu.

Dave
Dave

October 17th, 2011, 10:50 pm #2

Bill, as you have seen....I have started ridding myself of this site. It is not healthy and should be avoided. I realize that you and I have not agreed on much of anything, but we all have acted unkind towards one another. We could have done this better. I will, however, not back down to anyone who begins to call another brother a sinner just because he doesn't agree on an interpretation. It comes down this.....we all our privileged to be saved by Jesus Christ. Instead of accusations against another brother because he doesn't worship exactly as you do.....the energy should be used to save the lost. PERIOD.

Ken and Donnie, your heart speaks for itself. You can call yourselves ones who follows Christ and being knowledgeable of the Word of God, but unless you can convey LOVE to others and have the ability to use the Word to SAVE OTHERS, then you can know everything, but it is for naught.
1 Corinthians 13
1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

William
William

October 28th, 2011, 5:22 pm #3

True that if you have all correctness and have not love you are making no melody, but are a "clanging cymbal." But if you have love and are otherwise pagan you are a Siren luring to a crash on the rocks. Christianity is not a one or the other religion. We have a responsibility to worship in the spirit, particularly, perhaps, a spirit of love. But also with understanding, including an understanding that paganism is creeping into our assemblies.

December 8th, 2011, 9:07 am #4

It's time for me to push on. I have a satirical sense of humor that many do not understand and may find offensive. For that, I do apologize. Despite this site's good intentions, its message boards fuel considerable hostility among posters of differing views. IMO, it would have been much better had the creators of this site simply confined themselves to publishing articles about the Change Movement and the change agents and let it go at that. Maybe one day they will do just that.

Adieu.
The following post is being moved from the "Grace Centered Magazine" thread.
Anonymous
(no login)
Re: Article on Liberal Snobism: Grace Centered Magazine
December 7 2011, 11:12 PM

Just think of the scores of threads that have been posted on this formerly active site. Now this site is "lucky" if one or two threads have any posts at all to come trickling in. And what does come trickling in usually consists of catfights between Dave and Donnie or Dave's ragging Ken. So there's nothing really new here. Now in case Donnie decides to post [...], it's still an idiotic way to respond. It's far better not to respond at all. Yet Anonymous keeps sending these little sideline messages to remind Donnie that this site is still slouching toward oblivion.