Faithsite / Jabez HIJACKED by ANTI Church of Christ PLANTS?

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

August 15th, 2006, 4:32 pm #1

Faithsite seems to have been hijacked by a terrorist in Cyprus. I think he has a SECRET PLANT working inside of Jabez who EXCLUDES any defense of those BASHING churches of Christ.

This may be a HIGH CRIME and certainly NOT Christian.

Jimmy Wren
Jimmy Wren

August 16th, 2006, 2:52 am #2

There was a lot of concern as posters attempted to find out what was going on!

Threads began with titles such as "MODERATOR - WHY IS YOUR IP ADDRESS IN CYPRESS??; POLL- Who Is One Of The New Moderators?;Has this forum been HIJACKED?"

Moderators failed to remove much of the "trash talk." One poster writes: What are you arguing about you MORON! If you want to argue or debate something, then let's get it on."
An alleged preacher's wife writes: "It isn't working for God that stinks, it's working for the people who think you are their employee, or worse, their slave, that stinks. People want to control the preacher, the preacher's wife, the preacher's kids. They don't want them to serve God...It's a stinkin' job for stinkin' support. That isn't why "we" (it is a FAMILY thing) do it. We do it because this is how we believe we can best serve God. He has called us, and we have answered"

A lot could be added to this, for example there is a big play on the three letter word for donkey.

Some of those posting this kind of stuff were people who have been ban from this site! Dr. Crump wrote several kind post warning them that this kind of reviling should not be allowed. I guess they will never learn

But hopefully the moderators will get it all sorted out. I can certainly undersand the need for a moderator to read and approve a post before posting it for the public to read.

In Christ,
Jimmy

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

August 18th, 2006, 12:57 am #3

When the new moderators took over, I had emailed them a couple of times to alert them about people making personal attacks. Their "cure" was to eliminate the entire threads wherein the attacks took place. After three days, however, people have continually poured on the attacks with a vengeance despite the new rules, yet the moderators now remain silent, and things have gone back to the way they were before. Unless they act swiftly, there might as well be no rules. Maybe the moderators have come to realize that it's just too big a job for them to handle. There are just too many posts to screen, since the moderators don't moderate 24/7.

Jimmy Wren
Jimmy Wren

August 18th, 2006, 2:55 pm #4

I had never seen a post like this before on any message board. The post was from one who claims to be a preacher's wife. She post to this board on a regular basis and she is always promoting such doctrine as woman leading prayer in the assembly; IM is okay; taking the Lord's supper anytime you feel like, take it even when you are alone.

One woman wrote a post about painting a porch on a Thursday and then eating supper, including the Lord's supper, with the painter! This preacher's wife really chided the posters who wrote in support of the Lord's supper being "ONLY" for the first day of the week.

She also sees nothing wrong with IM. She complains to all that do. But here come the post that I don't understand. She says that she does some things on the faithsites board for her protection.

What has one to fear from Faithsites? This preacher's wife is bold enought to get personal and call other posters "jerks and other names" and then professes the need to "protect herself?"

Here is one of her post: "Copying to one's personal computer for personal use is one thing. Sometimes we do that for our own protection, as Y has done."

Is faithsites a safe place? Does one need protection there?"

As for me I decided to get out of Dodge. No more faithsites for me!

In Christ,
Jimmy

Tom Brite
Tom Brite

August 18th, 2006, 3:16 pm #5

When the new moderators took over, I had emailed them a couple of times to alert them about people making personal attacks. Their "cure" was to eliminate the entire threads wherein the attacks took place. After three days, however, people have continually poured on the attacks with a vengeance despite the new rules, yet the moderators now remain silent, and things have gone back to the way they were before. Unless they act swiftly, there might as well be no rules. Maybe the moderators have come to realize that it's just too big a job for them to handle. There are just too many posts to screen, since the moderators don't moderate 24/7.
Dr., since you are the biggest offender at that site when it comes to personal attacks and unChristlike behaviour, I would suspect that you would want a personal exemption from the new Moderators. Perhaps you know the Moderators and have already obtained this exemption since you are still able to post on the site.

You have proven yourself on a site that is comprised mostly of non-Church of Christ people to be an embarrassment to Churches of Christ.

"alleged" preacher's wife
"alleged" preacher's wife

August 18th, 2006, 4:00 pm #6

Crump - Thought you should know that I have an appt. w/an attorney Monday.

I wasn't kidding. Remove all the posts on this site from iB/FS.

Jimmy Wren
Jimmy Wren

August 18th, 2006, 9:48 pm #7

APW (alleged preacher's wife) writes:"members drive mercedes and lexus and live in $500,00 homes, and you're struggling to keep food on the table, and can't go to the doctor and have expensive tests and medicines when you're very ill, something is wrong.

It isn't working for God that stinks, it's working for the people who think you are their employee, or worse, their slave, that stinks. People want to control the preacher, the preacher's wife, the preacher's kids. They don't want them to serve God. We don't leave the work because of this. It just makes it all that much harder to do. It means we take on extra jobs, and are stretched way too thinly."

Jimmy replies: You cannot afford to go to the doctor but you can afford to go to a lawyer for domething like this!!!

In Christ,
Jimmy

Observer
Observer

August 18th, 2006, 10:19 pm #8

Quoting her:
[The stripes that I have have left open, gaping wounds on my heart and spirit. I would take a physical beating any day over the emotional, mental, and spiritual abuse I have suffered at the hands of "elders". Physical scars heal. Elders are not supposed to be the enemy.

Do not make light. Just don't do it.]

Her past experiences may explain her present resentments and hostilities toward authority and sound doctrine. It's unfortunate.

Jimmy Wren
Jimmy Wren

August 19th, 2006, 12:12 am #9

You could be right. I will not argue the point. I must add that I personally gave her the opportunity to name where all of these bad churches with bad elders and bad people are but she would, or could, not name a one. She refused to name one but continued to write how bad they were!

Read this post (an approved cut and paste job - I have checked on this matter): "Preachers - and their families - can and are abused mentally, emotionally and spiritually by churches, leaders, and members alike. **** owes you no explanation, no details, absolutely nothing. You don't believe him, or me, too bad for you. A preacher works for God, not for a congregation...He may be supported by a church, but he is not an "employee" of the church." end of quote.

She seems to like getting the SUPPORT (MONEY) from a congregation but she does not like having to acknowledge being employed by the congregation.

In another post of her's she wrote, "The stripes that I have have left open, gaping wounds on my heart and spirit. I would take a physical beating any day over the emotional, mental, and spiritual abuse I have suffered at the hands of "elders". Physical scars heal. Elders are not supposed to be the enemy. end of quote.

She openly condemns churches and elders without bring forth another witness to these acusations. AND THESE ARE VERY SERIOUS ACCUSATIONS TO PUBLICLY MAKE ABOUT THE CHURCH, THE ELDERS, AND GOD'S PEOPLE! VERY SERIOUS. One should not receive such accusations except in the mouth of two or three witnesses.

In Christ,
Jimmy

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

August 19th, 2006, 1:06 am #10

On August 18, 2006, "Alleged" preacher's wife (her designation) stated: "Crump - Thought you should know that I have an appt. w/an attorney Monday.

I wasn't kidding. Remove all the posts on this site from iB/FS."

Response by Dr. Bill Crump: "Alleged" preacher's wife (her designation) demands that I delete all messages that were extracted from "iB/FS" and posted here at ConcernedMembers. Since I am not a moderator of ConcernedMembers and never have been, I have neither the power, capability, nor authority to delete any messages or threads on this site. Only the moderators of this site can do that. Furthermore, I have neither extracted any messages from "iB/FS" at any time, nor have I posted those said messages here to ConcernedMembers at any time.

Statement made by Dr. Bill Crump
August 18, 2006