Edward Fudge Faith Only and Baptism: New Wine Skins Magazine

john watson smith
john watson smith

June 22nd, 2012, 9:48 pm #21

I am reminded of the supreme importance of a critical review of everything you hear and see - as measured and drawn by the scriptures. See the Spirits comment in Acts 17 about receiving and using the word to evaluate teachings. Further see the repeated statements in Psalms 1 and 119 using the term "meditate" on precepts, statutes, word and testimonies contained therein. Further it is said to be an activity to be done "day and night" . The writer of Psalms said "oh how Love I thy law - it is my meditation all the day". Where do we find the evidence of this attitude and behavior today? On these post modern websites?

Consider that the effectiveness of these sites and the emergence of associated ideas is due to the superficial knowledge of the scriptures and the timidity, fearfulness and narrowness of many in the pulpit. To many Bible concepts have been avoided because someone might be offended! TImidity and fearfulness on the part of those who know better is in my opinion a major complicit factor in the present apostasy led by these websites.

Another factor is the selfishness of many christians in living life. Undue attention given to careers and to much time given to things that are seen rather than the unseen. And no-one called our hand on it! Our leaders were busy protecting our image with the misguided and ignorant!

These websites give false credit to error. In Mark 12 Jesus is asked a question and his response was that we are to love God with all of our being - one of the attributes of that directive is that we will pay first and foremost attention to the desires and reality that God has set before us. We pay far to much attention to what detractors say! Christianity is not a beauty contest for teachers of false doctrine and scoffers, critics and sinners!

Finally these websites show by observation that this is a deliberate organized effort to fundamentally change what we believe and practice without every really discussing it openly. In Acts 26 a method of teaching "this was not done in a corner" is cited by Paul. But the current apostasy indicates to me some planning and promotion "under the table". Indicators are like vocabulary, similar reasoning concerning existing doctrines, how Bible students in the pew are treated, the "bob and weave" teaching/preaching method and Bible version "emotions". Many persons have spouted these post modern ideas on these web sites and much of what they say is remarkably similar.

Let us all remember the command - Be thou faithful unto death and I will give thee a crown of life - Rev 2

Comments Welcome

June 23rd, 2012, 3:01 am #22

I am reminded of the supreme importance of a critical review of everything you hear and see - as measured and drawn by the scriptures. See the Spirits comment in Acts 17 about receiving and using the word to evaluate teachings. Further see the repeated statements in Psalms 1 and 119 using the term "meditate" on precepts, statutes, word and testimonies contained therein. Further it is said to be an activity to be done "day and night" . The writer of Psalms said "oh how Love I thy law - it is my meditation all the day". Where do we find the evidence of this attitude and behavior today? On these post modern websites?

They really tell you as for instance, Lipscomb and other once-Christian colleges) that they are POST MODERN. That means that evolution and the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle means that there is no objective truth. They believe in narrative theology and that you are free to take the few, rare "fragments" in the Bible and write themselves in as a greater-than Moses or a Greater-than Jesus for THEIR changed culture. That is why quoting Scripture to them is judgmental and evil. Because they have been pushed into the "strong delusional" state by Christ Himself, the MARKS of "lying wonders" are the religious "observation" marked by all of the performing arts and crafts. That also marks them as effete and not fit for the kingdom of God.

Consider that the effectiveness of these sites and the emergence of associated ideas is due to the superficial knowledge of the scriptures and the timidity, fearfulness and narrowness of many in the pulpit. To many Bible concepts have been avoided because someone might be offended! TImidity and fearfulness on the part of those who know better is in my opinion a major complicit factor in the present apostasy led by these websites.

I remember a "scholar" preacher spawned by LU who boasted that he had convinced preachers to NEVER preach against instruments again. He knew that if he did he would be black-listed and would never sell that book or CD. This intimidation or psychological violence is still used: Al Maxey has all of the RACA words to try to strong arm his disciples to never question any one's imposing instruments. The brothers of Jesus tempted Him to go up to the opening rituals of the FOT and surely he could work some tricks and take the prize.

Another factor is the selfishness of many christians in living life. Undue attention given to careers and to much time given to things that are seen rather than the unseen. And no-one called our hand on it! Our leaders were busy protecting our image with the misguided and ignorant!

Because their mentors "trained your children to leave our movement" (Ritchley), the younger preachers lean how to walk like a quack in the hopes that they can get rich and famous. You just have to go into the lion's (liars) den and never let them bluff you. They are school yard bullies but if you call their hand they will--by previous agreement--never respond. It is a fact that a faithful preacher of the Word will never, can never, get rich and famous. Jesus left that as our way of escape from the parasites who will DO ANYTHING to keep their fame and fortune.

These websites give false credit to error. In Mark 12 Jesus is asked a question and his response was that we are to love God with all of our being - one of the attributes of that directive is that we will pay first and foremost attention to the desires and reality that God has set before us. We pay far to much attention to what detractors say! Christianity is not a beauty contest for teachers of false doctrine and scoffers, critics and sinners!

They will do anything to violate the command to do all in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ: they have convinced their prey that when they speak it is the Spirit teaching them beyond the sacred pages. If you tell people that you ARE the Messiah enough will believe you to keep you out of the mission field.

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is,
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Mark 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
Mark 12:32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth:
.....for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

Finally these websites show by observation that this is a deliberate organized effort to fundamentally change what we believe and practice without every really discussing it openly. In Acts 26 a method of teaching "this was not done in a corner" is cited by Paul. But the current apostasy indicates to me some planning and promotion "under the table". Indicators are like vocabulary, similar reasoning concerning existing doctrines, how Bible students in the pew are treated, the "bob and weave" teaching/preaching method and Bible version "emotions". Many persons have spouted these post modern ideas on these web sites and much of what they say is remarkably similar.

That's why they were and are called parasites:

Jeremiah 23:20 The anger of the LORD shall not return, until he have executed,
.....and till he have performed the thoughts of his heart:
.....in the latter days ye shall consider it perfectly.
Jeremiah 23:21 I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran:
.....I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.
Jeremiah 23:22 But if they had stood in my counsel,
.....and had caused my people to hear my words,
.....then they should have turned them from their evil way,
.....and from the evil of their doings.
Jeremiah 23:23 Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?
Jeremiah 23:24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD.
.....Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.
Jeremiah 23:25 I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name,
.....saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed.
Jeremiah 23:26 How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies?
.....yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart;
Jeremiah 23:27 Which think to cause my people to forget my name
.....by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour,
.....as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal.

They deliberately violate the direct warning and try to "ascend" to God or call Christ down and forget that the word is near them, in His Word. That's fine: it's all laid out for us so we don't play in their own droolings.

Scripture tells us to REBUKE which is to ridicule them and tell the world that the kings / queens have no clothes.
</font>

June 23rd, 2012, 7:50 pm #23

Thanks for the comments

Your comment regarding psychological violence is a keyword to a practice by many who seek to change and destroy the Lords church today. I have personally witnessed or faced a number of verbal attacks, threats and attempted intimidations because I would not cow to the latest fad or opinion. I got a phone call one day from a church member who ranted and raved about the consequences of divorce via my "King James mindset" (that is either death or adultery and no other reason). This particular individual was observed going around to other members and trying to intimidate them also. He was not the chief change agent however but was used by the change agents to do their dirty work. They were quire adept in that congregation at using the short tempered and those without firm roots to create strife and discord. The strife and discord is then blamed on those who oppose their agenda. I think this has been a tactic of satan for decades. Those that use it serve satan not Christ.

These episodes helped me greatly to understand the words of Christ in Matt 23 when he reamed out the religious leaders of the day. Outward the appearance is sparkling clean while on the inside which God sees plainly they are full of dead bones and hypocrisy. Not everyone is such but those who are in it for control, money and fame are prime candidates for this categorization. What a display of the sword of the spirit revealing the truth about mens true character!

Comments Welcome

June 23rd, 2012, 8:35 pm #24

Divorce is always tragic but it happens. In attacking those who just quote the text, they make a strong effort to actually encourage people who are not happy to get a devorced.

I remember a sermon telling a young singing artist that she deserved to be happy: jiffy quick she announced to her husband that she didn't love him any more and she married another famous artist. They have to accept their part in endorsing the world's view of marriage and the breakdown of family life for which they now hire A Family Life Minister. Isn't that precious?

The anxiety or madness seems to attach to all turns of a millennium: I have collected (somewhere) some good notes that the stress becomes too great and people actually begin preaching and practicing the "sacredness of sin." There is a deliberate flaunting of morality and the Bible as some kind of "group mentality" (in the words of Shelly).

June 25th, 2012, 8:22 pm #25

Further thoughts on current crop of websites

Gods promises are certain - not nebulous or indefinite. Gods judgement of sin is certain and not indefinite. What kind of religion is it that does not raise awareness of the worlds influence and appeal of sin? Where is the warning of sin?
Where is the consistent and steady treatment of the truth verses the promotion of the latest program or idea from men?
See James 1, Matt 5 and II Pet 3.

According to Matt 25 and John 5 we know not the hour of the end of time. Does not that make teaching the truth urgent, essential and priority one? Were is this in the current crop of websites?

Consider the statements in Prov 22 and 27 about the simple. Yet the Lord makes us wise Psalm 19! If we only have the meandering of mens opinions and traditions where do we stand?

Consider the warning in II Pet 2 that false leaders will speak evil of the true way

Comments Welcome

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 30th, 2012, 8:06 am #26

Al Maxey does not know that it is Jesus Christ to inducts us into His Church or His body or His invisible kingdom. The Spirit OF Christ is not another person.

6.21.12 Al Maxey Immersed by one Spirit

http://www.piney.com/Al.Maxey.Immersed. ... pirit.html

Jesus Christ the Righteous is the NAME of the Holy Spirit in His post glorification form. It is Jesus Christ who inducts us into His Church and adds us to His spiritual kingdom after we are saved by being baptized as a direct command of Jesus. Do people really think that Jesus and Paul lied? It is Jesus Christ The Righteous who bestows gifts to select men specificially to prevent the massive sowing of discord by the invasion of the performing artists.
He has a case of PreacherGesis: he just makes up definitions of words and never looks at the definition of words or the connection with Revelation 15 with the "Song of Moses."

Kinda like someone else we know, eh, Ken? You make stuff up all the time. Unlike you, however, Al knows when to admit he is mistaken.

June 30th, 2012, 4:50 pm #27

I noted that this was the SONG OF MOSES: God had Moses place the song--which he RECITED--into the Ark or side of the Ark: When they SANG this Song it would be a supernatural sign that JUDGMENT DAY is very close. They have already made the SIGN proving that they have DISSOLVED the Ekklesia marked as A school (only) of Christ (only): even the most foolish will have no impulse to make noise when Jesus promises to speak through the elders when they "teach that which has been taught." The MARK of the Wolves among elders are when they make a place in the mainstream for boy lovers.

I warned you about the Babylon Mother of harlots has Abaddon or Apollyon UNLEASH the LOCUSTS from the Smokey pit (Wine colored). Paul attended synagogue rather than a "theater for holy entertainment" to enthuse with the "holy bartender" also including the "holy whore (sounds of grinders)". The priests (preachers) of the holy harlot would be "lusted after fruits" names as crafty craftsmen, singers and instrument players." John and all of history identified religious musicians as SORCERERS who manufacture the drug of endorphins to make you think your pleasure parts is a "spirit" knowing you sexually (Vineyard, wineskins).

When the SOUNDS LIKE or literal instruments a heard "up in the air" (not a spiritual place) is is a sign that Jesus has been there and gone and excised that group from His protection and REMOVED the Lamps or seven spirits of Divine knowledge (Isaiah 11). Judgment is CERTAIN: the other angel to the LIVING is "preach the gospel." God and Show and don't Stay and PAY in the Madison published patternism.

Revelation is there as A WAY OF ESCAPE when you SING that song with a real or pseudo-instrumental sound: you know, the "Vocal Band" first sounded at Madison and half of the members FLED Babylon to escape the falling towers.

Rev 15:2 And I saw AS IT WERE a sea of glass mingled with fire:
and them that had gotten the victory over the beast,
and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name,
stand on the sea of glass, HOLDING the harps of God.

This means--to those with A holy spirit or A co-perception that they are APPREHENDING the Word of God. Only the lost cannot apprehend the Word even without word definitions.

July 2nd, 2012, 1:40 am #28

I am reminded of the words of Amos 5 where the prophet speaks to the house of Israel. God says he knows the many transgressions of which one is ......... taking bribes. Has not the instrumental advocate taken the bribe of personal fame and human approval to pervert the simple and pure worship of God?

Comments Welcome

July 2nd, 2012, 2:43 am #29

If you understand the meaning of BELIEVETH when connected by Jesus to BAPTISM and when you understand that believeth not is Apistos which says "I will not Comply." The word identifies betrayal or treason. That would mark those lost spirits for whom Jesus was sent to SEEK AND SAVE and separate from the world and the wise.

<font face="arial" size="4">The prophets and the New Testament has many parallel statements to prove that those who try to defeat the pattern of Jesus are NOT those whom Jesus is seeking: he blinds and makes them deaf.

Edward Fudge just quotes part of a verse and concludes that we are saved by FAITH ONLY. However, he misses the point that none of these "faith only" passages fail to connect faith to calling on the name of the Lord. The New Wine Skins Magazine is his pulpit:

http://www.piney.com/Edward.Fudge.Faith ... Skins.html

Al Maxey in Holding the Harps of God claims that they were PLAYING the harps of God.

http://www.piney.com/Al.Maxey.Holding.T ... f.God.html

He has a case of PreacherGesis: he just makes up definitions of words and never looks at the definition of words or the connection with Revelation 15 with the "Song of Moses."

Holding means APPREHENDING or understanding the Harp OF God: not David.

</font>

July 2nd, 2012, 2:54 am #30

THUS hath the Lord God shewed unto me: and behold a basket of summer fruit. Amos 8:1

Keluwb (h3619) kel-oob'; from the same as 3611; a bird-trap (as furnished with a clap-stick or treadle to spring it); hence a basket (as resembling a wicker cage): - basket, cage.

As a cage is full of birds, so are their houses full of deceit: therefore they are become great, and waxen rich. Je.5:27

Keleb (h3611) keh'leb; from an unused root mean. to yelp, or else to attack; a dog; hence (by euphemism) a male prostitute: - dog.

For dogs have compassed me: the assembly [multitude, swarm] of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. Ps.22:16

Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter. Is.56:11

And I will appoint over them four kinds, saith the Lord: the sword to slay, and the dogs to tear, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the earth, to devour and destroy. Je.15:3

And he said, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A basket of summer fruit.
.....Then said the Lord unto me, The end is come upon my people of Israel;
.....I will not again pass by them any more. Amos 8:2

Aristophanes Archarnians
DICAEOPOLIS
Peace, profane men! Let the basket-bearer come forward, and thou Xanthias, hold the phallus well upright.

The maiden who carried the basket filled with fruits at the Dionysia in honour of Bacchus.
kanêphoros [pherô] carrying a basket:-- Kanêphoroi, hai, Basket-bearers, at Athens, maidens who carried on their heads baskets containing the sacred things used at the feasts of Demeter, Bacchus and Athena, Ar.
The emblem of the fecundity of nature; it consisted of a representation, generally grotesquely exaggerated, of the male genital organs; the phallophori crowned with violets and ivy and their faces shaded with green foliage, sang improvised airs, call `Phallics,' full of obscenity and suggestive `double entendres.'

Amos 8:3 And the songs of the temple shall be howlings in that day,
.....saith the Lord GOD: there shall be many dead bodies in every place;
.....they shall cast them forth with silence.

Amos 8:4 Hear this, O ye that swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land to fail,

Amos 8:5 Saying, When will the new moon be gone, that we may sell corn?
.....and the sabbath, that we may set forth wheat, making the ephah small, and the shekel great,
.....and falsifying the balances by deceit?

Amos 8:6 That we may buy the poor for silver,
.....and the needy for a pair of shoes; yea, and sell the refuse of the wheat?

Amos 8:7 The LORD hath sworn by the excellency of Jacob,
.....Surely I will never forget any of their works.

Amos 8:8 Shall not the land tremble for this, and every one mourn that dwelleth therein?
.....and it shall rise up wholly as a flood;
.....and it shall be cast out and drowned, as by the flood of Egypt.

Amos 8:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD,
.....that I will cause the sun to go down at noon,
.....and I will darken the earth in the clear day:

Amos 8:10 And I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation;
.....and I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head;
..... and I will make it as the mourning of an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day.
Amos 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD,
.....that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water,
.....but of hearing the words of the LORD:

Amos 8:12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east,
.....they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

From workshop to workshop: in the words of Ezekiel as "prophets" they attend the workshops to "steal words one from another." He is especially worried about female "prophesiers" meaning "singing and playing instruments before the watching word." The Levites performed as SOOTHSAYERS with instruments.

Amos 8:13 In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst.

Amos 8:14 They that swear by the sin of Samaria, and say,
.....Thy god, O Dan, liveth; and, The manner of Beersheba liveth;
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on July 2nd, 2012, 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.