Edmond Church of Christ, DID GOD COMMAND MUSICAL WORSHIP?

October 9th, 2017, 9:24 pm #1

I am posting this here because the "other churches" page gets little traffic.

Edmond Church of Christ, Edmond Oklahoma
October 9 2017 at 10:00 AM
Anonymous (no login)
from IP address 68.97.134.235

How can it be beneficial and scriptural to portray non-Biblical ideas in the context of a Bible lesson?
From the mouth of an Elder came the statement "VBS is a big part of what we do here." In 2017 VBS included a multi-night "drama" of the life of Jesus from betrothal of Mary (suspect liberties taken to frame the story in a modern narrative) through the baptism of Jesus (to their credit a full immersion), the raising of Lazarus and other miracles ('artistic' license engaged to facilitate flow) but stopped short of any representation of the crucifixion and only had the apostles reference the resurrection as the "drama" ended. Ostensibly for the children the "drama" also included dialog and reference for adults, sarcasm, and inappropriate euphemisms such as "holy smoke". I question: Was this worship? What 'training' was it for the children? Is there any wisdom in presenting three kings baring gifts which is a popular myth and not a Biblical fact? (The Bible is silent, so why propagate and endorse the myth?); Why inject the story with 21st century humor; was it needed, necessary, or useful? Why include a song (fortunately no instrumental music) of a pop tune with lyrics that provide a mixed message--one song sung to the tune of another--what 'message' do we hear when the two messages are diametrically opposed?

The Edmond church of Christ seems to be racing rapidly to embrace the movement of popular secular views of religion and worship with 'modern' labels of leadership positions and leadership structure. Teachings are 'feel-good' and soft with no connection to Biblical consequence. Focus is on "acceptance" before obedience. Their is a lack of Biblical discipline of members when discipline is clearly appropriate.

They are now embracing the Discovery Bible Study methodology of the North Boulevard Murfreesboro organization. What's next--instrumental music, women 'worship leaders'?

The true Church should not be concerned about numbers but only about teaching Bible truth. Programs and methods have been the origin of false teaching and false doctrines for every--they are man's thinking. Be it 'damnation preaching' only, JOY bus, prayer-partners and self declared evangelists (Crossroads/Boston movement), 'puppet ministry programs, stage 'drama' presentation, Discovery Bible Study or any other teaching/coaching/leadership fad they are all deleterious when they subvert and supplant the pure and direct teaching of the Scriptures.

When will we ever learn?
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on October 12th, 2017, 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 9th, 2017, 10:29 pm #2

The Word or LOGOS is God's Regulative Principle: it OUTLALWS personal opinions, personal experiences, rhetoric, performance singing, playing instruments or ACTING. That is because Jesus called the Scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites. In Ezekiel 33 the Spirit OF Christ defined speakers for HIRE, singers or instrument players. That is because people like Abraham who read clay tablets knew that evil men will do anything to DIVERT you from God and His Word so that they can pick your pocket.

It will be difficult to find any men more foolish and arrogant to think that they can improve on Jesus Christ Who allows only SPEAK or READ the Holy Scriptures. This was God's way to MARK the gender-straight from SOPHIA where Sophists SELL their speaking or music.

We would love to think that they are ignorant but Jesus Christ inspired Paul to say of any PERFORMER that THEY ARE LYING IN WAIT TO DECEIVE.. Isaiah 4.

Furthermore they are Purpose Driven to OFFEND hundreds of little ones who at aged 2 or three can begin to understand anyone SPEAKING or READING:

John 11:41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
John 11:42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
John 11:43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
John 11:44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

You can even define the words. If they do not grasp THE TRUTH when spoken very shortly they will otherwise they will always understand resurrection as an act and rise up and hate you.

Discovery Bible Study

https://northboulevard.com/teaching/dis ... ible-study

Discovery Bible Study, or DBS, (developed by Final Command Ministries) is a simple and effective process to study Scripture with a small group, a discipling partner, or even by yourself.

https://finalcommand.com/

Under Final Command Resources:

http://www.finalcommand.com/resources

Is the Joshua Project:

https://joshuaproject.net/

Beliefs

Joshua Project subscribes to the following statements of faith:

Discovery is part of an EXTREME DISCIPLING folly and every aspect is built on HUMAN EFFORT AND MONEY claiming an end-time NEW DAY. It repudiates every aspect of the historic Church of Christ and is part of a WORLD RELIGION. It claims to be Ecumenical with a "Christian World View" without grasping that the World or Kosmos is the ecumenical or the kingdom of the devil.

It is built upon:

Westminster Confession of Faith
http://www.reformed.org/documents/wcf_with_proofs/

World Evangelical Alliance Statement of Faith
http://www.worldevangelicals.org/aboutw ... ffaith.htm

The Lausanne Covenant Statement of Faith
http://www.lausanne.org/lausanne-1974/l ... enant.html

The World or Kosmos is the ecumenical or the kingdom of the Devil. To that end, North Boulevard is influenced by the KAIROS CHURCH PLANTING PLOT. Hermes, Mercury or Kairos is the demon son of Zeus and it means THE RIGHT TIME AND PLACE to launch an assault especially upon the church.

APT elders are commanded to TEACH THAT WHICH HAS BEEN TAUGHT and eject those who go beyond THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN FOR OUR LEARNING. Elders turned WOLVES will do anything to prepare little children from being eaten.

They claim A NEW DAY intending to restore the Cane Ridge Awakening which was more witchcraft than revival.

North Boulevard prepared the change with THE PURPOSE DRIVEN CHURCH. No wonders that the preacher believes that he is predestined.

<font size="6">When God is miraculously moving to transform the world with generation after generation of disciple-makers, the best thing we can do is join Him and hang on for the ride."

</font>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on October 10th, 2017, 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 12th, 2017, 4:24 am #3

I don't know, You don't know and you don't know any preacher who does not build on the PATTERN that God commanded the Jewish Monarchy with "congregational" worship with vocal and instrumental music.

Therefore, I don't know and you do not know a preacher or Scholar with a Phd who;

1. Has ever read any of the Bible Purpose-Driven to let God and His spokesmen explain a whole paragraph or story line.
2. Or, as Jesus Christ now as Holy Spirit had Paul tell us that THEY ARE LYING IN WAIT TO DECEIVE.

From Genesis 49 onward Jacob cursed the LEVITES and warned the people not to attend their ASSEMBLIES or enter into COVENANT with the tribe of Levi.

I am certain that I don't know and you don't know anyone who has read----

1Sam. 8:4 Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah,
1Sam. 8:5 And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.
1Sam. 8:6 But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the Lord.
1Sam. 8:7 And the Lord said unto Samuel,
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee:
.....for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.
.....even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee.
1Sam. 8:9 Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them,
.....and shew them the manner of the king that shall reign over them.
1Sam. 8:10 And Samuel told all the words of the Lord unto the people that asked of him a king.
1Sam. 8:11 And he said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you:
.....He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots,
.....and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots.
1Sam. 8:12 And he will appoint him captains over thousands, and captains over fifties;
.....and will set them to ear his ground, and to reap his harvest, and to make his instruments of war,
.....and instruments [musical 2.Chr. 34:15; Am. 6:5; Psa 71:22, instruments of indignation]
.....of his chariots.

There is no FUNDING. There is no Tithing in Jesus' Kingdom. There is no Law of Laying by in Store. ONLY evangelists are worthy of their living (food) when they GO into the World.

1Sam. 8:13 And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks, and to be bakers.
1Sam. 8:14 And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards,
.....even the best of them, and give them to his servants. [staff]
1Sam. 8:15 And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards,
.....and give to his officers, and to his servants.
1Sam. 8:16 And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants,
.....and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put them to his work.
1Sam. 8:17 He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants.
1Sam. 8:18 And ye shall cry out in that day
.....because of your king which ye shall have chosen you;
.....and the Lord will NOT hear you in that day.
1Sam. 8:19 Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel;
.....and they said, Nay; but we will have a king over us;
1Sam. 8:20 That we also may be like all the nations; [World, kosmos, ecumenical is the kingdom of the Devil]
.....and that our king may judge us, and go out before us, and fight our battles.

.....Ezek. 20:32 And that which cometh into your mind shall not be at all, that ye say,
.....We will be as the heathen, as the families of the countries,
.....to serve wood and stone. [houses built by human hands]

1Sam. 8:21 And Samuel heard all the words of the people, and he rehearsed them in the ears of the Lord.
1Sam. 8:22 And the Lord said to Samuel,
.....Hearken unto their voice, and make them a king.
.....And Samuel said unto the men of Israel, Go ye every man unto his city.
</font>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on October 12th, 2017, 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.