September 24th, 2016, 5:54 pm #11

Well, looks like Bill stirred up Ken a bit. Bill interprets certain Scriptures differently than Ken does, so Ken goes into his usual I'm-right-you're-wrong, shout-em-down mode with his typical "lake of fire" rant. BTW, the latter (highlighted in red) is appearing more frequently in his posts. That's par for Ken, and we should expect nothing different.

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I'm wondering about anyone who complains or brings up "I'm-right-you're-wrong." Doesn't he feel and think the reverse is true?

Complain to the Scripture about "lake of fire." The Scripture mentions it. So, quoting it is just fine.[/color]

September 24th, 2016, 6:02 pm #12

Donnie, You have mentioned that you don't do personal attacks here on this forum. That isn't true. If you need help remembering, please let me know.
Dave said: "Donnie, You have mentioned that you don't do personal attacks here on this forum. That isn't true. If you need help remembering, please let me know."

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave,

An example of a personal attack is: "You have sinned. Repent."

So, there's nothing for me to remember in that regard.[/color]

Bill
Bill

September 24th, 2016, 7:46 pm #13

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I'm wondering about anyone who complains or brings up "I'm-right-you're-wrong." Doesn't he feel and think the reverse is true?

Complain to the Scripture about "lake of fire." The Scripture mentions it. So, quoting it is just fine.[/color]
I'm certainly willing to agree to disagree on theological matters; unfortunately, Donnie is not.

Both of us, as do all people, have the right to our interpretations of Scripture. Yes, everyone, even Donnie, has his own interpretation. The only difference is that Donnie goes to great lengths, even "shouting" (using all caps in his posts), to imply that his interpretation is the only correct one, that all other views are wrong, not right, incorrect. Unfortunately, Donnie's I'm-right-you're-wrong attitude does not allow him to agree to disagree.

Now to Ken and the "lake of fire." It's fine for Ken to quote Scripture, but when he perpetually fixates about the "lake of fire" in his posts, especially regarding matters with which he takes issue or toward those who disagree with him, one can't help but wonder if Ken actually believes that all who disagree with him will go to hell, which the Scriptures describe as the "lake of fire." Instead of bluntly saying, "You're going to hell if you don't believe as I do," Ken can just be coy and keep fixating about the "lake of fire" to those who disagree with him. That's subtle enough and lets us know where his mind is.

September 24th, 2016, 10:51 pm #14

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill's own "I'm-right-you're-wrong" remark!!! Truly remarkable!!! Plus the "lake of fire" when it's quoted from Scripture.

Wow!!! The 2 paragraphs above.

He'll be repeating the same "arguments" over and over. Just watch it and take note. No one should expect that from a mature, educated individual. But he considers them as valid "arguments" in discussing doctrinal issues.[/color]

Bill
Bill

September 24th, 2016, 10:54 pm #15

I'm willing to agree to disagree, even if Donnie is not.

September 24th, 2016, 11:51 pm #16

Dave said: "Donnie, You have mentioned that you don't do personal attacks here on this forum. That isn't true. If you need help remembering, please let me know."

I believe that it was Bill and William Shakespeare 'The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose. An evil soul producing holy witness Is like a villain with a smiling cheek."

That's ok Bill: you they probably LEARNED you that at LU? Producing holy witnesses is called Exegesis 101A. Maybe you can get a refund on tuition?

September 25th, 2016, 1:06 am #17

I'm willing to agree to disagree, even if Donnie is not.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]So am I, Bill. (But I'm sure you will make that statement again ... about such "willingness.")

The difference between you and me is that I believe that the discussion can still continue. I continue by providing even more passages based on more study and further research. You end it with: "let's just agree to disagree" or with some kind of psychological analysis [make that "analyses"].[/color]

Bill
Bill

September 25th, 2016, 1:57 am #18

It's natural for Donnie to keep the discussions churning, because he feels compelled to "prove" to everyone that he is right, that everyone else is wrong. When people express different views and will not agree with Donnie after a time, he becomes upset and resorts to histrionic tactics like "shouting," underlining, boldface text, exaggerated font sizes, multiple font colors, and so forth, as so-called "emphasis." Those tactics are Donnie's way of proclaiming, "Look, Donnie's interpretation of Scripture has been, is, and always will be correct. Read it! Accept it! Nobody knows as much about Scripture as Donnie does! Why don't you agree with Donnie? You must agree with Donnie!!!" And if that doesn't work, Donnie just might throw in some sarcasm as well.

Donnie agree to disagree? I think not. Donnie won't admit it, of course, but disagreeing with him is an affront to his ego, to his imaginary Scriptural prowess, which demands that his interpretation of Scripture prevail over all others.

Dave
Dave

September 25th, 2016, 2:42 am #19

You wanted proof Donnie, ya got it.

Following are quotes by you.

Bill complains about "putting Scriptures in exaggerated font sizes." I was wrong: I thought Bill needed reading glasses in order for him to read and REALLY SERIOUSLY study the scriptures.
Bill calls quoting scriptures "unconventional theology."

Bill would probably love to receive a Christmas card from Francis [the current Roman Catholic Church's "God on earth"]. The message? "Hail Mary ... Holy Mary, Mother of God."

Overly sensitive, Bill?

OK, let's simplify the senile/not-senile illustration further

Donnie, you are pitiful. You joked about someone needing reading glasses, being senile and stating someone wanting to received a faux Christmas card that had a malicious lie from you about him supporting the catholic church.

You and Ken are not responsible enough to speak about the Truth.

September 25th, 2016, 4:44 am #20

It's natural for Donnie to keep the discussions churning, because he feels compelled to "prove" to everyone that he is right, that everyone else is wrong. When people express different views and will not agree with Donnie after a time, he becomes upset and resorts to histrionic tactics like "shouting," underlining, boldface text, exaggerated font sizes, multiple font colors, and so forth, as so-called "emphasis." Those tactics are Donnie's way of proclaiming, "Look, Donnie's interpretation of Scripture has been, is, and always will be correct. Read it! Accept it! Nobody knows as much about Scripture as Donnie does! Why don't you agree with Donnie? You must agree with Donnie!!!" And if that doesn't work, Donnie just might throw in some sarcasm as well.

Donnie agree to disagree? I think not. Donnie won't admit it, of course, but disagreeing with him is an affront to his ego, to his imaginary Scriptural prowess, which demands that his interpretation of Scripture prevail over all others.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill,

You just proved my point.

I've heard these remarks numerous times before. Only from you!!! Font size[/color], bolding, italicizing, underlining, etc. Unfortunately, you're using these statements as your arguments when you ignore scores of questions that you have extreme difficulty answering. It doesn't work.