Donmoyer Church of Christ, South Bend, IN

Donmoyer Church of Christ, South Bend, IN

Jean
Jean

July 10th, 2013, 7:18 pm #1

Wow! I happened to stumble onto this blog. I am surprised and I shouldn't be....It was 1996 when a well established Lord's Church in South Bend, IN was infiltrated by a student of ACU. His father was a long standing elder/teacher. His son grew up in the church. Within two years a group of people involved were very sneaky, having quiet meetings with a few chosen members, (Notre Dame students) who would easily follow their lead. It didn't take long for the "changes" to take place. Within two years the elderly people were insulted due to singing their favorite hymns and pushed aside, songs changed and an a cappella band was form that included women on microphones, deacons were given plaques for their dedication and sent on their way. Those with "questions" were labeled as dividers, gossipers and raked over the coals at the pulpit. It was disgusting how horrible people were being treated. My young children had a hard time understanding what was happening. So did I. We realized we could not worship in spirit and in truth and left this congregation. Many other members scattered to other congregations and sadly there were many who stopped attending service's altogether. It didn't take long for the "leader of leaders" to convince his followers to change the church's name to "Living Stones". As for those who hurt many in the name of "progress", we have prayed for you. God's vengeance is His...