Don't get BURNED in the Morning: Come Praise God!

May 4th, 2016, 4:03 am #51

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Sarge,

I was baptized at age 14 (a junior in H.S.) in the NAME "of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit."

I did not associate that name at the time with the pagan-influenced, Catholic-invented Trinity, although I was taught (brainwashed) that doctrine later on and believed it for a long, long time.

The more I seek the truth, the more the Scripture reveals to me that it is a man-made concept that the Bible does not teach.

Proof: God's followers in the O.T. dispensation knew NOTHING [Ignorance is bliss] about the Catholic-invented, Protestant-inherited Trinity dogma.

Proof: The New Testament does not teach the THREE-GODS-IN-ONE doctrine.[/color]

May 4th, 2016, 4:03 am #52

(This original post submitted on April 24 2016, 6:40 AM)

The name Jesus used was "the Holy Spirit". Your argument is with Jesus.

Matthew 28:16-20 (NIV)
The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
A Church of Christ is built upon or EDUCATED by the Prophets and Apostles: the Spirit OF Christ defined the future REST both inclusively and exclusively.

Jesus of Nazareth made these prophecies more certain or certified by signs and wonders.
The eye- and ear-witnesses left us a MEMORY of that Certified Gospel which excludes private interpretation or further expounding. This would blaspheme Jesus Who spoke by the Spirit (breath) of God.

Jesus defined the CENI as what He commanded to be Taught.
APT elders are commanded to TEACH that which has been taught.
And Paul in Ephesians 4 REMOVES the the cunning craftsmen or SOPHISTS: speakers, singers or instrument players because these are the MARKS to escape those LYING IN WAIT TO DECEIVE.

Then Peter defines the MARKS of false teachers who "go beyond that which is written." The assembly of Christ is a SCHOOL OF THE WORD: it does not need and CANNOT have people hired to keep you busy all week and fleece your child's health care money.

Jesus commanded as CENI that worship be IN SPIRIT as a place in contrast to houses built by human hands.
Paul had a VIRUS PROGRAM which eliminated the concision and dogs [they only bite their friends] by Worshiping IN THE SPIRIT rather than IN THE FLESH. Singing, playing, clapping, waving arms, shouting, hugging and kissing are IN THE FLESH and is the MARK to be avoided.

The Lord is in His Holy Temple (me) let all be SILENT before Him. You have nothing in a legalistic sense to offer God to make him pat you on the back. Worship is GOD SPEAKS and YOU LISTEN.

Here is part of the REST of your passage.

May 4th, 2016, 4:16 am #53

2 Peter 2:1
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Sarge, thanks for the passage.

I gather that in "there shall be false teachers among you," there were already false teachers in the early centuries. Research the [pagan] origin of the Trinity, the Nicene Council, the role of Constantine [1st Catholic pope?], and subsequent Councils of the Roman Catholic Church.[/color]

May 4th, 2016, 4:39 am #54

A Church of Christ is built upon or EDUCATED by the Prophets and Apostles: the Spirit OF Christ defined the future REST both inclusively and exclusively.

Jesus of Nazareth made these prophecies more certain or certified by signs and wonders.
The eye- and ear-witnesses left us a MEMORY of that Certified Gospel which excludes private interpretation or further expounding. This would blaspheme Jesus Who spoke by the Spirit (breath) of God.

Jesus defined the CENI as what He commanded to be Taught.
APT elders are commanded to TEACH that which has been taught.
And Paul in Ephesians 4 REMOVES the the cunning craftsmen or SOPHISTS: speakers, singers or instrument players because these are the MARKS to escape those LYING IN WAIT TO DECEIVE.

Then Peter defines the MARKS of false teachers who "go beyond that which is written." The assembly of Christ is a SCHOOL OF THE WORD: it does not need and CANNOT have people hired to keep you busy all week and fleece your child's health care money.

Jesus commanded as CENI that worship be IN SPIRIT as a place in contrast to houses built by human hands.
Paul had a VIRUS PROGRAM which eliminated the concision and dogs [they only bite their friends] by Worshiping IN THE SPIRIT rather than IN THE FLESH. Singing, playing, clapping, waving arms, shouting, hugging and kissing are IN THE FLESH and is the MARK to be avoided.

The Lord is in His Holy Temple (me) let all be SILENT before Him. You have nothing in a legalistic sense to offer God to make him pat you on the back. Worship is GOD SPEAKS and YOU LISTEN.

Here is part of the REST of your passage.

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Ken,

You said earlier: "Donnie and I both attended Prepositions 101a."

Do you think Bill should take the course again, considering his expertise in grammar? The reason I'm asking is that he doesn't seem to grasp the significance of the preposition "OF" in real, scriptural situations. These passages [and there are probably more passages that] clearly state that Jesus Christ has a God and a Father:[/color]
  • [color=#FF0000" size="4" face="times]The God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.[/color] (II Cor. 11:31)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="4" face="times]Blessed be the God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:[/color] (Eph. 1:3)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="4" face="times]One God and Father OF all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.[/color] (Eph. 4:6)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="4" face="times]Blessed be the God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead[/color] (I Peter 1:3)</li>

May 4th, 2016, 4:53 am #55

It kinda sounds like Donnie's taking the long, circuitous route again to tell us that we should NOT baptize "in the name of [ie, by the authority of] the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," as Jesus commanded in Matt. 28:19. Donnie's anti-Trinitarian thinking has biased him against Jesus' own words.

Verses in Acts tell us to baptize in the name of Jesus, which is simply another way to conduct baptism. There's nothing wrong with that (although I personally prefer Jesus' own words, because they are more "complete"). However, the problem arises when people say that we should be baptized only in the name of Jesus, NOT in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. That's what Donnie seems to advocate. So Donnie puts Jesus' own words aside and implies that they are not what we should follow? There's a term for a person like that: heretic.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]The following is in response to Bill's earlier post:
[/color]
It kinda sounds like Donnie's taking the long, circuitous route again to tell us that we should NOT baptize "in the name of [ie, by the authority of] the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," [...]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]FYI, I was baptized in the name [by the authority] of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It was scriptural. And I'm not complaining.

By the way, you're good at "story-telling." There's another word for "story-telling." Could it be prevaricating? Deviating from the main argument regarding the Trinity?

Don't tell me that you're no longer using Matt. 28 to promote the pagan Trinity dogma. But then "Trinity is always on Bill's mind" [that sounds like a song].[/color]

====================

[color=#FF0000" size="2" face="times]Sorry about this displaced post. This occurs when approving a post is delayed while other posts are approved first.[/color]
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on May 4th, 2016, 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 4th, 2016, 2:55 pm #56

Do you think Bill should take the course again, considering his expertise in grammar? The reason I'm asking is that he doesn't seem to grasp the significance of the preposition "OF" in real, scriptural situations. These passages [and there are probably more passages that] clearly state that Jesus Christ has a God and a Father:[/color]
  • [color=#FF0000" size="4" face="times]The God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.[/color] (II Cor. 11:31)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="4" face="times]Blessed be the God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:[/color] (Eph. 1:3)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="4" face="times]One God and Father OF all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.[/color] (Eph. 4:6)

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="4" face="times]Blessed be the God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead[/color] (I Peter 1:3)</li>
Discord of Biblical proportions have been cause by ignorance or ignoring prepositions. How much money and jobs for angels of light have been facilitated by the word EIS as in "For or unto the remission of sins."

I have no doubt that "strong delusions" as a GIFT from God lets them ignore:

Rom. 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Rom. 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
Rom. 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Yes, we know that we are saved by

BELIEF without obedience is a MARK:

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this WORLD, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of DISOBEDIENCE
Kosmos , ho, natgural, II. ornament, decoration, esp. of women; “hieros k.”metaph., of ornaments of speech, such as epithetsto sing sweet songs of praise,

One of my Religious Investment Advisers actually has organized A School of The Christian WORLD View.
Giggle! Jesus said that he didn't pray for the WORLD because His lost lambs are not OF the World and His evangelists are not OF the WORLD and therfore are MARKED by being despised and hungry.

THIS IS WHAT SATAN HAD THE RIGHT TO OFFER JESUS

Hēdumeles , A. sweet-singing, “khelidoi” Anacr.67, cf. Sapph.122(Comp.), Pi.N.2.25; sweet-sounding, “xoana” S.Fr.238, etc.: poet. fem., “hēdumeleia surigx” Nonn.D.29.287.

Surigx , iggos, hē, A. shepherd's pipe, Panspipe, 2. cat-call, whistle, hiss, as in theatres, Id.Lg.700c; cf. “surizō” 11.2, surigmos:—the last part of the nomos [LAWS=LEGALISM] Puthikos was called surigges, prob. because it imitated the dying hisses of the serpent Pytho, Str.9.3.10. 3. mouthpiece of the aulos,

Give me the jocund tambours and the goatskins! but leave for another the double-sounding pipe with its melodious sweetness, or I may offend MY OWN Apollon; for he rejects the sound of breathing reeds, ever since he put to shame Marsyas and his god-defiant pipes, and bared every limb of the skin-stript shepherd, and hung his skin on a tree to belly in the breezes.

Apollon is the only Personified Spirit: He is the LEADER of the Graces-Muses or "Locusts" as his musical worship team. Apollon gives his priests a sharp knife and all of the lambs they can fleece and consume.

But, they IMPOSE that from which we are supposed to be MADE SAFE.

May 5th, 2016, 7:02 am #57

</li>

</li>

</li>
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill,

This post is for you. My earlier post was addressed to Ken, and Ken has already responded.

Ken said earlier: "Donnie and I both attended Prepositions 101a."

Do you think you should take the course again, considering your expertise in grammar? The reason I'm asking is that you don't seem to grasp the significance of the preposition "OF" in real, scriptural situations. These passages [and there are probably more passages that] clearly state that Jesus Christ has a God and a Father:[/color]

</li>

</li>

</li>

May 5th, 2016, 2:08 pm #58

FATHER has various meanings: literally a SON is younger than their FATHER and the father teaches the son. This would refute the John Mark Hicks and LU dogma that Godhead means "three centers of consciousness." Meaning three separated and self-thinking and self-willing PEOPLE.

Father orpater can mean the "father" of the Israelite nation. Or a title of respect or
IV. metaph., father, author, “aoidan p . . . euainētos orpheus” Pi.P.4.176 ;
V. title of a grade in the mysteries of Mithras,

Pind. P. 4 Leda bore to Zeus son of Cronus; and two high-haired men, sons of the earth-shaker, obeying their innate valor, one from Pylos and the other from the headland of Taenarus; you both achieved [175] noble fame, Euphemus and wide-ruling Periclymenus. And from Apollo the lyre-player came, the father of songs, much-praised Orpheus.

Orpheus is the same Jubal recorded in Genesis:

Gen. 4:21 And his brother’s name was Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ.

21] et nomen fratris eius Iubal ipse fuit pater canentium cithara et organo

Jesus was Dead: Jesus was not God.
God our FATHER raised up Jesus.

Acts 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
Rom. 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Gal. 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, AND God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Donnie may need to learn us about AND!

Bill
Bill

May 5th, 2016, 2:38 pm #59

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill,

This post is for you. My earlier post was addressed to Ken, and Ken has already responded.

Ken said earlier: "Donnie and I both attended Prepositions 101a."

Do you think you should take the course again, considering your expertise in grammar? The reason I'm asking is that you don't seem to grasp the significance of the preposition "OF" in real, scriptural situations. These passages [and there are probably more passages that] clearly state that Jesus Christ has a God and a Father:[/color]

</li>

</li>

</li>
Donnie,

This post is for you. The issue is not the preposition "OF." The issue is baptism in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, according to Matt. 28:19. It's fine to advocate baptism in the name of Jesus only, if that's your preference; after all, such baptism is biblical. But don't allow your rejection of the Trinity to bias you against baptism in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; after all, such baptism using Jesus' own words is also biblical.

BTW, you said earlier that you were baptized using Jesus' same words. Since you've had a change of heart, so to speak, about that wording, then you evidently believe that your baptism was "tainted." So, have you been rebaptized in the name of Jesus only to "clear" yourself? If you say that you don't need rebaptism because your earlier baptism with Jesus' words is still valid, then your argument against baptism using Jesus' words is completely ridiculous, unfounded, and heretical.

Sarge
Sarge

May 5th, 2016, 7:38 pm #60

FATHER has various meanings: literally a SON is younger than their FATHER and the father teaches the son. This would refute the John Mark Hicks and LU dogma that Godhead means "three centers of consciousness." Meaning three separated and self-thinking and self-willing PEOPLE.

Father orpater can mean the "father" of the Israelite nation. Or a title of respect or
IV. metaph., father, author, “aoidan p . . . euainētos orpheus” Pi.P.4.176 ;
V. title of a grade in the mysteries of Mithras,

Pind. P. 4 Leda bore to Zeus son of Cronus; and two high-haired men, sons of the earth-shaker, obeying their innate valor, one from Pylos and the other from the headland of Taenarus; you both achieved [175] noble fame, Euphemus and wide-ruling Periclymenus. And from Apollo the lyre-player came, the father of songs, much-praised Orpheus.

Orpheus is the same Jubal recorded in Genesis:

Gen. 4:21 And his brother’s name was Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ.

21] et nomen fratris eius Iubal ipse fuit pater canentium cithara et organo

Jesus was Dead: Jesus was not God.
God our FATHER raised up Jesus.

Acts 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
Rom. 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Gal. 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, AND God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Donnie may need to learn us about AND!
Donnie, the KJV Bible will shelter you while you weather the storm. I mean where else can you go. I feel good about you getting back on track.

Sarge