Doctrine and division

December 27th, 2014, 6:22 pm #11

Full Definition of HYMN

a : a song of praise to God
b : a metrical composition adapted for singing in a religious service
: a song of praise or joy
: something resembling a hymn : paean

When have you ever heard a hymn be SAID?
If you had been with Jesus and the Apostles celebrating Passover FOR THE LAST TIME you would have heard a hymn hymned. The latin is DICTO: they spoke or recited a hymn. When you have all men assembled they will rarely break out in singing.

The MASSES (Ecumenical) People see the command to SPEAK the poetic but NEVER metrical learning material. They joyfully sow massive discord saying that if the Spirit OF Christ had been as smart as "we" Paul really MEANT to SING that which is not written for our learning.

Speak means SING and Psallo (a warfare or gender confused word root) and make melody UPON a guitar, flute, drum and banjo.

5603. oide, o-day´; from 103; a CHANT or “ode” (the general term for any words sung; while 5215 denotes especially a religious metrical composition, and 5568 still more specially, a Hebrew cantillation):

An ODE (prayer) or PSALMOS (prayer) cannot be Phariseed into a professional Musical Worship Team infiltrating the SCHOOL OF CHRIST where LOGOS or regulative principle OUTLAWS rhetoric, singers, instrument players, actors or dancers.

Paul commanded that we SPEAK the psalmos which Paul PICKED OUT of the possible uses of psalmos which are not definitions. If you sing a psalm you will note that the psalms added a MELODY to the SPEAK. An instrument is NEVER included unless it is SPECIFIED.

When people use

5568. psalmos, psal-mos´; from 5567; a set piece of music, i.e. a sacred ode (accompanied with the VOICE, harp or other instrument; a “psalm”); collectively, the book of the Psalms: — psalm. Compare 5603.

Paul commanded SPEAK the Psalmos.
Paul commanded SPEAK the ODES.
ODE is the opposite of LEXIS a SPEAK Word. ODE is like a PSALMOS. There is no tunefulness in any of the psalms and we don't know of a group which INTENDS to obey the command to SPEAK the PSALMS (in the book) other than some Reformed Presbyterians.

The Hymn or Prayer is different from a praise but BOTH are spoken or cantillated FOR OUR LEARNING and never FOR OUR EARNING.

5215. humnos, hoom´-nos; apparently from a simpler (obsolete) form of hudeo (to celebrate; probably akin to 103; compare H5667); a “hymn” or religious ode (one of the Psalms): — hymn.

The Greek calls a HYMN a PRAYER. No one sang TUNEFULLY since melody as tunefullness belongs to the 19th century. There was no (ZERO) congregation singing until well after the Reformation. Churches of Christ can hardly be sectarian, hypocrites, legalists, fire bombers just because they refused to be FORCED to do what Christ outlawed in the wilderness.

The ONLY "staff" in the synagogue which Paul used for when we GATHER was a senior male who was the Pray-er or cantillator who READ the text without additions. A schoolboy might be allowed to READ the text with the elder OVERSEEING or looking over his shoulders to make sure he did not speak about himself or break into a song which would have gotten him hurt.

CANTOR: [Lat.,=singer], a singer or chanter, especially one who performs the solo chants of a church service. The office of cantor, at first an honorary one, originated in the Jewish synagogues, in which from early times it was the custom to appoint a lay member to represent the congregation in PRAYER.

<font color="#FF0000">The notation of the chants was forbidden.

In the 6th cent. poetic PRAYER forms were developed, and with them more complicated modes, or music, thus necessitating PROFESSIONAL cantors.

If a dozen of you want to gather in a private house to eat something and wish to sing A song and play A harp and pledge NOT to do it for another year you have my blessing. It's ok to use your own money to play a harpist to do the gig that's also proper. However, don't FLEECE the widow and honest workers to pay the singers and harpist 365 days a year.

</font>

December 27th, 2014, 6:34 pm #12

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Just, just ask me (Donnie).

No, I haven't given up on a very good translation of not one but two verses from the Douay-Rheims Bible (Catholic):[/color]
[color=#FF0000" size="4" face="times]"And a hymn being said, they went out unto mount Olivet." (Matthew 26:30)

"And when they had said an hymn, they went forth to the mount of Olives." (Mark 14:26)[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]CONSISTENT.

UNINFLUENCED BY any preconceived idea.

Note: An accurate translation of specific verses from a Catholic Bible does not make me a Catholic convert. [/color]

Recorded history is absolute. When MEN slip from SPEAK or SAY to SING or rhetoric they are OUTED.

I love that guy in a stunning outfit prancing around debating thee empty chairs.

http://dionysia.org/greek/dionysos/thom ... nysos.html

The NEW WINESKIN GOD "Dionysus certainly roves more than the other gods; the traditional picture of him is not one of him sitting sedately on Olympus sipping nectar and listening to the Muses (9 females) sing. Rather it is one of him roaming through the wilderness, thrysus (a reed bound with ivy and topped with a pine cone) in hand, followed by bands of ecstatic women, his Bacchants, and spreading the art of cultivation of vines and of wine-making. Other gods may leave Olympus, but it is not habitual with them as it is with dionysus.

"dionysus often seems to stand somewhere between male and female, between god and man, between death and life. He is a male god, but he is always surrounded by women, his chief worshipers.

"His worship involved transvestism and the blurring of sex roles. Men and women both dressed in long robes covered by fawnskins, and women, as bacchants, left their normal sphere of activity, the home, and danced madly on mountainsides. dionysus even looks somewhat ambiguous sexually; Pentheus in the Bacchae comments on the god's effeminacy: his long curls, his pale complexion.

December 28th, 2014, 1:07 am #13

Douay-Rheims Bible vs Other Protestant Bibles

Well one of the biggest things would be that the DR has the apocryphal books in it that protestant bibles don't have. So its more complete.

No thanks, I will pass on the DRB.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Just,

The apocryphal books did not affect the translation of those two verses.

It is advisable to examine various translations in order to determine if a preconceived/acquired notion influences a translation or translator.

Here's another example of the need for careful examination of translated passages. As much as I love the King James Version (my favorite), the KJV contains what's been considered "spurious" as the KJV, the American KJV, Jubilee Bible 2000, etc., differ from other prominent translations as you will see below:

I John 5:7-8 -- [/color]
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]For there are three that testify: the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. [NIV][/color]

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]So we have these three witnesses--the Spirit, the water, and the blood--and all three agree. [NLT] [/color]

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]For there are three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree. [ESV] [/color]

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]For there are three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. [NASB] [/color]

</li>
  • [color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. [KJV] [/color]

New International Version (NIV)
    New Living Translation (NLT)
    English Standard Version (ESV)
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    King James Bible (KJV)</li>
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Uh-oh. The KJV (1611) and the Trinity Creed (4th century).[/color]

December 28th, 2014, 1:54 am #14

The original description of churches of Christ dividing over Bible classes and one cup is a good example of

HATE LITERATURE.

It is contemptuous in that it overlooks the broad and positive influence of Churches of Christ in our culture.
The "progressives" are music focused while they just plan to USE women. So whatever the assault you can boil it down to we gonna play instruments.

The one cup theme is used to assualt those who have history on their side while the little shot glasses came in because G.C.Brewer had a new product for sale--as I remember it.

Whether you use one or many cups does not EXCLUDE me from attending as long as I don't intentionally sow discord. However, if you have a whiny praise team or make instrumental noise never ready for prime time you KNOW that you will sow discord and EXCLUDE the masses since only a tiny fraction of the billions show up on Sunday.

One cup does not stand in the way of Using One Mind and One mouth to teach that which is written for our learning. Pity those who say that God just flat failed to define His assembly.

The Sunday School issue, I believe, flowed out of Standard Publishing which intended to "take Tennessee within 5 years." The goal was to set up a sunday school board using Standard Material but not under the control of the elders. When the women especially in Nashville failed to take control they got nasty.

The women quickly gained dominance in ALL Bible Class systems which replaces the CORE purpose of the assembly. Male children are under their skirts now including Campus Ministers and Youth ministers. No wonder the society is emasculated. My daughter refused to teach a class about the Old Testament where a PIG was the main character. The Youth Minister refused to use their "cut out and past up" stuff for the 12th grade.

The Sunday School system has most kids tuning out at about grade 6 never to return. They MOCK the pattern of all assemblies commanded to READ the text in context and explain where you need explaining.

Churches of Christ have historically been known for Bible Teaching and only hate mongers claim that we are hated for not using instruments. No one has ever said that they did not enjoy congregational singing but false preachers of my knowledge tells everyone that we are archaic and laughable. But then my recent study proving that God always sticks it to them:

The Church of Christ is a SECT called the WAY.
Ecumenical is OF the world which is Satan's kingdom and he is kosmokrator.

So, be glad to be a SECTARIAN or the LITTLE FLOCK which words mean ALMOST ZERO. Lets write a song:

Oh! I'm gla de to be uh sec tar i a n
Sep a ra ted, pro tected and freeee
No wimpy burger singy praisy clappy fella
Ma king u girl out uv me

William Hall
William Hall

December 28th, 2014, 8:00 am #15

Full Definition of HYMN

a : a song of praise to God
b : a metrical composition adapted for singing in a religious service
: a song of praise or joy
: something resembling a hymn : paean

When have you ever heard a hymn be SAID?
DCA,

The problem with your post is that you are using a later definition for an older term. The monitors of this site are correct in that if you go back and determine what the words meant, and what they were, speaking a "hymn" was quite in order. Our verb "to sing" is strictly Germanic in origin, and cognates are not necessarily found in all languages. You might enjoy this site:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sing

However, a verb representing singing is pretty universal. That include ancient Greek and/or Homeric Greek. But it is not the same as what we do today. In spite of what Donnie says, you can make a pretty good case for there being some melodiousness by N.T. times.

If you look at the various translations of Heb. 2:12 you will see that several do not render the verb as "sing", bur rather "proclaim" or something similar. Most translations take that verse to mean "sing" and thus propagate it, but not all. It seems that when David(?) wrote the psalm quoted in Heb. 2:12 that he used a verb definitively related to singing. It is definite that everyone understood the difference in singing and speaking, going way back, but it is not always exactly clear as it got passed along.

Just
Just

December 28th, 2014, 1:04 pm #16

The "progressives" are music focused while they just plan to USE women. So whatever the assault you can boil it down to we gonna play instruments.

The one cup theme is used to assualt those who have history on their side while the little shot glasses came in because G.C.Brewer had a new product for sale--as I remember it.

Whether you use one or many cups does not EXCLUDE me from attending as long as I don't intentionally sow discord. However, if you have a whiny praise team or make instrumental noise never ready for prime time you KNOW that you will sow discord and EXCLUDE the masses since only a tiny fraction of the billions show up on Sunday.

One cup does not stand in the way of Using One Mind and One mouth to teach that which is written for our learning. Pity those who say that God just flat failed to define His assembly.

The Sunday School issue, I believe, flowed out of Standard Publishing which intended to "take Tennessee within 5 years." The goal was to set up a sunday school board using Standard Material but not under the control of the elders. When the women especially in Nashville failed to take control they got nasty.

The women quickly gained dominance in ALL Bible Class systems which replaces the CORE purpose of the assembly. Male children are under their skirts now including Campus Ministers and Youth ministers. No wonder the society is emasculated. My daughter refused to teach a class about the Old Testament where a PIG was the main character. The Youth Minister refused to use their "cut out and past up" stuff for the 12th grade.

The Sunday School system has most kids tuning out at about grade 6 never to return. They MOCK the pattern of all assemblies commanded to READ the text in context and explain where you need explaining.

Churches of Christ have historically been known for Bible Teaching and only hate mongers claim that we are hated for not using instruments. No one has ever said that they did not enjoy congregational singing but false preachers of my knowledge tells everyone that we are archaic and laughable. But then my recent study proving that God always sticks it to them:

So, be glad to be a SECTARIAN or the LITTLE FLOCK which words mean ALMOST ZERO. Lets write a song:

Ma king u girl out uv me

1 Corinthians 15:33-34 New International Version (NIV)

33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”[a] 34 Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God—I say this to your shame.

Just
Just

December 28th, 2014, 3:21 pm #17

Ma king u girl out uv me

It is interesting that Satan and his demons, fallen angels, are never said to sing. That is the effect of sin. Sin takes away our joy and leaves no desire to sing.

God sings: Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.” (NKJV)

We sing, the angels sing, and God sings. God loves singing. Did you notice that the songs recorded in Revelation 5:8-10 and Rev. 15:2-4 are all songs of adoration to God. They are directed to God and not to ourselves. When we sing our words, thoughts and emotions should be directed to Him. Praise to Him!

December 28th, 2014, 8:41 pm #18

It is interesting that Satan and his demons, fallen angels, are never said to sing. That is the effect of sin. Sin takes away our joy and leaves no desire to sing.

No one hates singing: the tiny number of Disciples of Christ just don't want YOU to pick and grin when they assemble to READ and DISCUSS and mutually-confess the value of SCRIPTURE when Christ in Isaiah 8 says THERE IS NO LIGHT IN YOU if you don't speak that which is written for our learning. Members of churches of Christ CAN sing: most members of a "theater for holy entertainment" cannot sing.

God SPEAKS PRAISE and does not SANG AND PLUCK and mark Himself as a MOTHER.

There is not a single instance of God calling people out of their REST for group singing with or without instruments.

There is NO Biblical or traditional history which does not say that the DEVIL is the imposer of music in a religious sense because He and his fallen angels of blight know that they can impose music to SHUT THE MOUTH of God, Jesus, the Apostles and recorded history prior to 1878 and the Disciples.

The Serpent in the garden of Eden was a musical enchanter(ess): Christ calls him/her "the singing and harp playing prostitute in the garden of Eden."

The Jews fell into musical idolatry at Mount Sinai: they worshipped the same ABADDON or APOLLYON. This was the worship of the Devil then and now.

Is. 28:15 Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with DEATH, and with HELL are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:
Is. 28:18 And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

The LOCUSTS or MUSES are unleashed from HELL and they are the prophesied "worship team" where Apollon is the LEADER of the Muses. Apollo or Apollon introduced homosexuality into his worship and so the emasculated priests of the Babylon Mother of Harlots (Rev 17) are called "lusted after fruits." These are the same FRUITS in Amos 8 whose music in a holy place (Samaria) deprived people of the Word and they went into captivity. In Revelation 18 the craftsmen, singers and instrument players are called SORCERERS: the word applied to the original Babylon Mother of harlots. Ezekiel 8 defines the Jew's worship of daughter Inanna or Ishtar in Jerusalem and Rome and Paul silences these sects in Romans 14.

http://www.piney.com/MuTammuz.html

Rev. 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia Serpent Worship. Remember that Jesus and Peter warned about the VIPER race or Crooked Race.

"Traces of this superstition are thought by certain critics to be discoverable in the religion of Israel. Stade mentions that W. R. Smith supposed the serpent to be the totem of the house of David (Geschichte, I, 465). H. P. Smith says: "We know of a Serpent's Stone near Jerusalem, which was the site of a sanctuary (1 Kings 1:9), and this sanctuary was dedicated to Yahweh" (Hist of Old Testament, 239, 240). Special reliance is placed on the narrative of the brazen serpent, which Hezekiah is recorded to have destroyed as leading to idolatry, (2 Kings 18:4). "In that case," says H. P. Smith, "we must treat the Nehushtan as a veritable idol of the house of Israel, which had been worshipped in the temple from the time of its erection. Serpent worship is so widespread that we should be surprised not to find traces of it in Israel" (ut supra). In the same line, see G. B. Gray, Nu, 275-76. The fancifulness of these deductions is obvious. See NEHUSHTAN. James Orr

Speaking of the music condemned by Amos in chapters 5, 6 and 8. We note that:
---- "The marzeah had an extremely long history extending at least from the 14th century B.C. through the Roman period. In the 14th century B.C., it was prominently associated with the ancient Canaanite city of Ugarit (modern Ras Shamra), on the coast of Syria... The marzeah was a pagan ritual that took the form of a social and religious association... Some scholars regard the funerary marzeah as a feast for--and with--deceased ancestors (or Rephaim, a proper name in the Bible for the inhabitants of Sheol)." (King, Biblical Archaeological Review, Aug, 1988, p. 35, 35)
----"These five elements are:
(1) reclining or relaxing,
(2) eating a meat meal,
(3) singing with harp or other musical accompaniment,
(4) drinking wine and (5) anointing oneself with oil." (King, p. 37).
----"With the wine-drinking (which is the literal meaning of the Hebrew for feasting), went music and dancing." (Heaton, E. W., Everyday Life in Old Testament times, Scribners, p. 93)
----"Worship was form more than substance; consequently, conduct in the marketplace was totally unaffected by worship in the holy place. Amos spoke from the conviction that social justice is an integral part of the Mosaic covenant, which regulates relations not only between God and people, but also among people." (King, p. 44).
----"In pagan traditions, musical instruments are invented by gods or demi-gods, such as titans. In the Bible, credit is assigned to antediluvian patriarchs, for example, the descendants of Cain in Genesis 4:21. There is no other biblical tradition about the invention of musical instruments." (Freedman, David Noel, Bible Review, Summer 1985, p. 51).

When Jubal HANDLED musical instruments the word means WITHOUT AUTHORITY in a sexual sense. Cain and Jubal are the GENETIC father of all who HANDLE musical instruments.

DCA
DCA

December 28th, 2014, 8:48 pm #19

DCA,

The problem with your post is that you are using a later definition for an older term. The monitors of this site are correct in that if you go back and determine what the words meant, and what they were, speaking a "hymn" was quite in order. Our verb "to sing" is strictly Germanic in origin, and cognates are not necessarily found in all languages. You might enjoy this site:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sing

However, a verb representing singing is pretty universal. That include ancient Greek and/or Homeric Greek. But it is not the same as what we do today. In spite of what Donnie says, you can make a pretty good case for there being some melodiousness by N.T. times.

If you look at the various translations of Heb. 2:12 you will see that several do not render the verb as "sing", bur rather "proclaim" or something similar. Most translations take that verse to mean "sing" and thus propagate it, but not all. It seems that when David(?) wrote the psalm quoted in Heb. 2:12 that he used a verb definitively related to singing. It is definite that everyone understood the difference in singing and speaking, going way back, but it is not always exactly clear as it got passed along.
I disagree with you William. The basic deterrent to your analogy would be when Paul and Silas were PRAYING and SINGING.
If the songs then were not metrical, then there would be no use for both PRAYING and SINGING. The prayer being spoken, the song being metrical. SINGING and PRAYING was said and meant to differentiate between SPEAKING a prayer, and SINGING a hymn or song. Through this verse we see that if it were ONLY speaking, then only one (prayer or singing) would have been sufficient.

Just
Just

December 28th, 2014, 11:19 pm #20

No one hates singing: the tiny number of Disciples of Christ just don't want YOU to pick and grin when they assemble to READ and DISCUSS and mutually-confess the value of SCRIPTURE when Christ in Isaiah 8 says THERE IS NO LIGHT IN YOU if you don't speak that which is written for our learning. Members of churches of Christ CAN sing: most members of a "theater for holy entertainment" cannot sing.

God SPEAKS PRAISE and does not SANG AND PLUCK and mark Himself as a MOTHER.

There is not a single instance of God calling people out of their REST for group singing with or without instruments.

There is NO Biblical or traditional history which does not say that the DEVIL is the imposer of music in a religious sense because He and his fallen angels of blight know that they can impose music to SHUT THE MOUTH of God, Jesus, the Apostles and recorded history prior to 1878 and the Disciples.

The Serpent in the garden of Eden was a musical enchanter(ess): Christ calls him/her "the singing and harp playing prostitute in the garden of Eden."

The Jews fell into musical idolatry at Mount Sinai: they worshipped the same ABADDON or APOLLYON. This was the worship of the Devil then and now.

Is. 28:15 Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with DEATH, and with HELL are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:
Is. 28:18 And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

The LOCUSTS or MUSES are unleashed from HELL and they are the prophesied "worship team" where Apollon is the LEADER of the Muses. Apollo or Apollon introduced homosexuality into his worship and so the emasculated priests of the Babylon Mother of Harlots (Rev 17) are called "lusted after fruits." These are the same FRUITS in Amos 8 whose music in a holy place (Samaria) deprived people of the Word and they went into captivity. In Revelation 18 the craftsmen, singers and instrument players are called SORCERERS: the word applied to the original Babylon Mother of harlots. Ezekiel 8 defines the Jew's worship of daughter Inanna or Ishtar in Jerusalem and Rome and Paul silences these sects in Romans 14.

http://www.piney.com/MuTammuz.html

Rev. 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia Serpent Worship. Remember that Jesus and Peter warned about the VIPER race or Crooked Race.

"Traces of this superstition are thought by certain critics to be discoverable in the religion of Israel. Stade mentions that W. R. Smith supposed the serpent to be the totem of the house of David (Geschichte, I, 465). H. P. Smith says: "We know of a Serpent's Stone near Jerusalem, which was the site of a sanctuary (1 Kings 1:9), and this sanctuary was dedicated to Yahweh" (Hist of Old Testament, 239, 240). Special reliance is placed on the narrative of the brazen serpent, which Hezekiah is recorded to have destroyed as leading to idolatry, (2 Kings 18:4). "In that case," says H. P. Smith, "we must treat the Nehushtan as a veritable idol of the house of Israel, which had been worshipped in the temple from the time of its erection. Serpent worship is so widespread that we should be surprised not to find traces of it in Israel" (ut supra). In the same line, see G. B. Gray, Nu, 275-76. The fancifulness of these deductions is obvious. See NEHUSHTAN. James Orr

Speaking of the music condemned by Amos in chapters 5, 6 and 8. We note that:
---- "The marzeah had an extremely long history extending at least from the 14th century B.C. through the Roman period. In the 14th century B.C., it was prominently associated with the ancient Canaanite city of Ugarit (modern Ras Shamra), on the coast of Syria... The marzeah was a pagan ritual that took the form of a social and religious association... Some scholars regard the funerary marzeah as a feast for--and with--deceased ancestors (or Rephaim, a proper name in the Bible for the inhabitants of Sheol)." (King, Biblical Archaeological Review, Aug, 1988, p. 35, 35)
----"These five elements are:
(1) reclining or relaxing,
(2) eating a meat meal,
(3) singing with harp or other musical accompaniment,
(4) drinking wine and (5) anointing oneself with oil." (King, p. 37).
----"With the wine-drinking (which is the literal meaning of the Hebrew for feasting), went music and dancing." (Heaton, E. W., Everyday Life in Old Testament times, Scribners, p. 93)
----"Worship was form more than substance; consequently, conduct in the marketplace was totally unaffected by worship in the holy place. Amos spoke from the conviction that social justice is an integral part of the Mosaic covenant, which regulates relations not only between God and people, but also among people." (King, p. 44).
----"In pagan traditions, musical instruments are invented by gods or demi-gods, such as titans. In the Bible, credit is assigned to antediluvian patriarchs, for example, the descendants of Cain in Genesis 4:21. There is no other biblical tradition about the invention of musical instruments." (Freedman, David Noel, Bible Review, Summer 1985, p. 51).

When Jubal HANDLED musical instruments the word means WITHOUT AUTHORITY in a sexual sense. Cain and Jubal are the GENETIC father of all who HANDLE musical instruments.
Thanks Ken. We have the Church singing again. Have a good night!