Dave
Dave

December 3rd, 2016, 11:12 pm #41

Dianna,
You were the one who was speaking of being offended by those who eat in the church instead of houses. Donnie and Ken nor you offend me because I know a lot of it isn't the truth. The truth mingled with heresay and man-made commentary isn't the truth, no matter how you put it. The Truth doesn't offend those of us who love it. As far as me going somewhere else? Are you a moderator?
If Ken and Donnie, who own this site, wish to ban me, then they most assuredly will. I told them that they should have banned me years ago and in that way they wouldn't have me to show them where they have abused, repeatedly, the Word of God. I will not allow them to speak evil of the Lord's church. If you can stomach that, then you are welcome to live with it. I cannot.

You don't give me permission for anything and I don't think you are looking for me to grant you such also. For once, you are right. God does that. Your choice to follow their teachings is YOUR choice. I have seen enough of what you behold to be the truth to understand why you would follow them instead of what God wants you to do. No permission is needed for that either. God gives all free choice.
I have proven many times that Ken and Donnie have taught error. They slander the Lord's church, and they have shown to be very liberal with the Word of God.
This here is the good one too, Dianne. They preach on how the NIV is evil, so I proved them to be in error with the KJV. What did they do for this? They then cried that the KJV translators are also wrong. They say that where GOD is captialized....it shouldn't be. Instead of John 1 stating that the "...Word was God," they claim the original text ACTUALLY MEANS that 'the Word was 'a god,' therefore trying to devalue the Deity of Jesus.

So you follow them, if you so desire. I will follow God....ALWAYS!

Again, you are right when you mentioned that some would be offended by the Truth. Anyone can change that by FOLLOWING the Truth? Right?

Nancy
Nancy

December 4th, 2016, 6:52 pm #42

The Church of Christ (the Rock) defined the only assembly of all of the people. They were gathered in small groups led by non-mercinary men over groups as small as ten families. This was the COMMAND after the fall into idolatry at Mount Sinai and God abandoned the "ritual" people to worship the starry host on their way to captivity and death. Both Amos and Stephen define this so that no one can be accidentially ignorant.

The holy convocation was held on the first and eighth days of festivals and later was observed each REST day which is always attached to 6 days shalt thou labor during planting and harvest season.

In prophecy and fulfillment the Ekklesia assembled or synagogued without change except the day and had one adddition. The Lord's Supper as Eucharist is built on 2,000 years of deliberately NOT reading the Text:

John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
John 6:52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
John 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
John 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Well! If we eat the FLESH of Jesus then He dwells in Us. But, the WE dwell in Him. Get the idea that Jesus is speaking of WE being in a BOX and the BOX being in US. Those OF Truth would never think about literally EATING the flesh and drinking His Blood: that is something out of Paganism where they ate and drank their gods. That "history" the scholars use to mock Bible Disciples is the source of EATING the gods.

“And can any man persuade himself that the gods become mild as they are exhilarated by pleasures, that they long for sensual enjoyment, and, like some base creatures, are affected by agreeable sensations, and charmed and tickled for the moment by a pleasantness which soon passes away... Moreover, every pleasure is, as it were, a kind of flattery of the body, and is addressed to the five well-known senses; but if the gods above feel it, they must partake of those bodies through which there is a way to the senses, and a door by which to receive pleasures.
“We have to examine the argument which we hear continually coming from the lips of the common people, and find embedded in popular conviction, that sacrifices are offered to the gods of heaven for this purpose, that they may lay aside their anger and passion, and they be restored to a calm and placid tranquility, the indignation of their fiery spirits being assuaged.”(Arnobius Against the Heathen, Ante-Nicene, VI, p. 519).

This was the parable to HIDE the truth from what became the CLERGY after Jesus died to remove the laded burden and burden laders. They were OF the World and not lost spirits the Father sent the Son to seek and find and EDUCATE.

This offended the disciples because they would not know the meaning until Jesus revealed it to them outside of the group:

John 6:61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
John 6:62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
John 6:63 It is the SPIRIT that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the WORDS that I speak unto you, they are SPIRIT, and they are LIFE.
John 6:64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

The flesh did not come down from the father: the WORD which trinitarians defined as the meaning of SON came down and was UTTERED by Jesus when the Father breathed (not a person) or inspired Him.

The people who speak of the ACT as Holy Communion or Holy Eucharist as the REAL PRESENCE of Jesus teach what they have learned from HISTORY. Churches are mocked as being history-LESS because they do not adopt the decisions of church councils such as those often held at once-Christian Bible Colleges trying to set the RULES for everyone who wants to BUY or SELL at the workshops of evil (Ezekiel's thought)

However, Eucharist simply means a thanksgiving.

The Lord's Supper shows forth or preaches the DEATH of Jesus as the SECOND piece to the church pattern. If you confess that Jesus died for your sins and that He came to deliver the SON or WORD of God then you have nothing of value to do or say or PAY.

Our service this morning was wonderful until the closing song of Hark The Herald Angels Sing. Singing glory to the newborn King in December when Jesus was not born in December is misdirected worship that is not in truth. Why can't people acknowledge this error and cease violating the New Testament? What's next putting Merry Christmas on the church sign? Oh and we had our monthly fellowship meal today but myself and a few others did not stay because we know this violates 1 Corinthians 11:17-34 and we are waiting to see if the elders say anything about it. We are not trying to cause trouble but we know what the bible says. It seems that this Church of Christ website is our last best chance to warn people of existing division and distortion of the pure gospel.

Dave
Dave

December 4th, 2016, 10:55 pm #43

It (Nancy) is either a pseudo impersonator with appropriate IP address, set up by Ken or Donnie or just someone being funny. Ok, I got it....haha.

December 5th, 2016, 12:00 am #44

Our service this morning was wonderful until the closing song of Hark The Herald Angels Sing. Singing glory to the newborn King in December when Jesus was not born in December is misdirected worship that is not in truth. Why can't people acknowledge this error and cease violating the New Testament? What's next putting Merry Christmas on the church sign? Oh and we had our monthly fellowship meal today but myself and a few others did not stay because we know this violates 1 Corinthians 11:17-34 and we are waiting to see if the elders say anything about it. We are not trying to cause trouble but we know what the bible says. It seems that this Church of Christ website is our last best chance to warn people of existing division and distortion of the pure gospel.
Nancy, most religionism as with much history is built on MYTHS. George washington did not say that he never lied and he didn't throw a silver dollar accross a river.

IT IS A LIE: THE ANGELS DID NOT SING: THEY SPOKE. THEY PRAISED JESUS AND WE KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY SPOKE.

The Direct command from the Church in the wilderness is to PREACH the Word (only) by READING the Word. The Spirit OF Christ said of those who do not speak that which is written THERE IS NO LIGHT IN THEM

In Isaiah 58 the command was NOT to seek your own pleasure or SPEAK your own words: Paul affirmed this in Romans 15 where self-pleasure outlaws all of the performing arts which DIVERT from "using one mind and one mouth to speak that which is written. Falling into despising the Word (blasphemy) is so serious that Scripture commands the word SPEAK or READ.

The Greeks did not permit poets or song writers to spread their "history" because by definition and nature they ten to lie about what SHOULD have been. They did not appear this class to be heralds such as kerusso (preacher) or Presbyter (elders).

While mockers hare condemned to mock, saying that the ANGELS SANG is a LIE. Why would people want to plant FALSE ideas beginning in infancy when telling the truth would be just as easy.

An angel is an "evangelists" and they always BRING news to those who do not already know the news.

Luke 2:10 And the angel SAID unto them, Fear not: for,
behold, I BRING you good tidings [Evangel] of great joy, which shall be to all people.

SAID is eipon so to say, limiting a general statement, tell or proclaim so of on

Luke 2:11 For unto you is BORN this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
Luke 2:13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host PRAISING God, and SAYING,
Luke 2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

When you PRAISE your boss you don't sing a song and lie.

laudo , āvi, ātum, 1, v. a. laus, I. to praise, laud, commend, extol, eulogize, approve praises him as happy, extols his happiness, pronounced him happy, compliment, extolled, praiseworthy, esteemed, excellent:

Aineo tell, speak of praise, approve, approve, advise, recommend, reports of you as honest

Saying is Latin: Dico dicio, to say, tell, mention, relate, affirm, declare, state; to mean, intend,
to pronounce, deliver, rehearse, speak
Greek: Lego say something, i. e. to speak to the point or purpose to recite what is written, labe to biblion kai lege

THE ONLY THING THEY SAID:

Luke 2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

That is THE message in this passage. They SAID or SPOKE their EVANGEL: they did NOT sing their own message.

The problem with letting yourself get PROGRAMMED is that people will fight you for denying that the ANGELS SING. Singing is not a PRAISE SERVICE.
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on December 5th, 2016, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
Dave

December 5th, 2016, 1:16 am #45

Angels we have heard on high
Sweetly singing o'er the plains
And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains
Sweetly, sweetly through the night
Echoing their brief delight
Gloria, in excelsis Deo
Gloria, in excelsis Deo
Shepherds, why this jubilee?
Why your joyous strains prolong?
What the gladsome tidings be
Which inspire your heavenly song?
Gloria, in excelsis Deo
Gloria, in excelsis Deo
Come to Bethlehem and see
Him whose birth the angels sing,
Come, adore on bended knee,
Christ the…

That 'excelsis Deo' Latin is AWESOME. Glory to God in the Highest. We sang it TODAY. SANG....as in JESUS SANG, and PAUL SANG. Can you dig it?? Nancy??? Or Donnie or Ken as Nancy???

And the mountains in reply.....like Luke 19:40 King James Version (KJV)
40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

That is RICH!

Would it had been better if it would have been an opening song? I wonder wonder why.....tell me why....

Bill
Bill

December 5th, 2016, 1:25 am #46

It (Nancy) is either a pseudo impersonator with appropriate IP address, set up by Ken or Donnie or just someone being funny. Ok, I got it....haha.
Hey, the mindset that refuses to sing "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" (or similar seasonal songs) in December and that refuses to participate in a fellowship meal apart from the formal worship service is the same mindset that can cook up some pseudo-biblical excuse not to sing "There Is Sunshine in My Soul Today" on days when it's pouring rain outside.

December 5th, 2016, 1:38 am #47

Sweetly singing o'er the plains
Echoing their joyous strains
Sweetly, sweetly through the night
Echoing their brief delight
Gloria, in excelsis Deo
Gloria, in excelsis Deo
Shepherds, why this jubilee?
Why your joyous strains prolong?
What the gladsome tidings be
Which inspire your heavenly song?
Gloria, in excelsis Deo
Gloria, in excelsis Deo
Come to Bethlehem and see
Him whose birth the angels sing,
Come, adore on bended knee,
Christ the…

That 'excelsis Deo' Latin is AWESOME. Glory to God in the Highest. We sang it TODAY. SANG....as in JESUS SANG, and PAUL SANG. Can you dig it?? Nancy??? Or Donnie or Ken as Nancy???

And the mountains in reply.....like Luke 19:40 King James Version (KJV)
40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

That is RICH!

Would it had been better if it would have been an opening song? I wonder wonder why.....tell me why....
There is no problem if the MASSES lie about the Word of God.

g2896. krazo, krad´-zo; a primary verb; properly, to “croak” (as a raven) or scream, i.e. (genitive case) to call aloud (shriek, exclaim, intreat): — cry (out).

Sounds like the Stumbling Stones were doing the CROAKING?

As foreordained, you couldn't leave the text alone?

Luke 19:38 SAYING, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.

The word PEACE has the same meaning as quietness or silence.

Jesus called the Pharisees, hypocrites: In Ezekiel 33 the Spirit OF Christ named popular preachers for HIRE, singers or instrument players.

Stan
Stan

December 5th, 2016, 1:50 am #48

Looks as though Nancy is almost as unscriptural as Ken and Donnie. That is hard to do so be careful Nancy. You do not have a problem with singing, but just singing certain songs. Donnie will deceive you into believing you should not go to any local church and Ken will convince you not to go to church nor to ever sing to God. (It's the slippery slope and boiling frog parable you are probably familiar with.)

Galatians 4:16
Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

December 5th, 2016, 3:51 am #49

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Oops ... just an observation.

Stan has been sounding like Dave and Bill and Rancor (to a certain extent).

By all means ... assemble with the saints, I say.

The "boiling the frog" principle is the process or methodology that change agents operating in the brotherhood use to convert or transition a congregation of the church of Christ to the Community Church. The process involves progression, deceit, subtlety, perversion of the truth, division and acquisition.

How strange for certain folks to think and believe that conservatives in the church are unscriptural and that the progressives/liberals are scriptural.

Really? It should be the other way around.

Just like in the political world, it is the conservatives who abide by and respect the Constitution.

It is the progressives/liberals who do not abide by or respect the Constitution. They're led by Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, et al.

It's difficult to accept what's happening in the church today: that "Musical Worship" -- a form of idolatry in itself -- has dominated the thinking, beliefs and practices of the progressives and liberals in the church of Jesus Christ.

But it's happening.[/color]

December 5th, 2016, 4:24 am #50

Yes, Stan IS David: I'll bet he has 50 driver's licences. He shuffles the deck--if he has a full deck--to decide who he wants to be for the day.

Since I have proven that neither the Bible nor literate church history agrees that there is a law to fleece the widows so you can preach out of your head and never GO as commanded, he may have his tail in his mouth trying to decide how he is going to set up a repayment plan before he tries to carry a mouth full of widow's flesh into heaven.