Divination and Lectio Divina of the Ignatian Retreat

Divination and Lectio Divina of the Ignatian Retreat

September 7th, 2012, 8:06 pm #1

My quick take on Lipscombs false teaching: you can have all of the double negatives you can find!

http://www.piney.com/Lipscomb.Universit ... treat.html

Links to the real Ignatius along with his theology which repudiates the FOUNDATION of Lipscombs theology and especially Spiritual Formation where they attempt to replace the Spirit OF Christ in His Word which He claims has the only transforming power.

http://www.piney.com/Divination.and.Lectio.Divina.html

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/seil/seil11.htm

FIRST EXERCISE First Prelude. find in your imagination (evil imagination is the reason for sending Jesus Christ) a Temple or Mountain where Jesus Christ or Our Lady is found,

John 4:19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
John 4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
John 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
John 4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

THIRD EXERCISE: The first Colloquy to Our Lady, that she may get me grace from Her Son and Lord for three things:

FIFTH EXERCISE: just when I want to go asleep, to think, for the space of a HAIL MARY, Second prelude: think about Purgatory

SECOND WEEK THIRD POINT: I make my oblation with Thy favor and help, in presence of Thy infinite Goodness and in presence of Thy glorious Mother and of all the Saints of the heavenly Court;

THIRD POINT: and likewise what the Angel and Our Lady are doing, namely, the Angel doing his duty as ambassador, and Our Lady humbling herself and giving thanks to the Divine Majesty

Etc, etc, etc

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on September 18th, 2012, 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Racnor
Racnor

September 7th, 2012, 9:50 pm #2

"you can have all of the double negatives you can find!"

Ken, don't sweat no double negatives. Tom Petty sang "don't come around here no more". Pink Floyd sang "we don't need no education". Ken, didn't you not lock the grammar thread?

When I give you one of these I mean it.

September 7th, 2012, 11:29 pm #3

Grammar was my mother's mother: I had two.

B
B

September 8th, 2012, 12:32 am #4

My quick take on Lipscombs false teaching: you can have all of the double negatives you can find!

Links to the real Ignatius along with his theology which repudiates the FOUNDATION of Lipscombs theology and especially Spiritual Formation where they attempt to replace the Spirit OF Christ in His Word which He claims has the only transforming power.

FIRST EXERCISE First Prelude. find in your imagination (evil imagination is the reason for sending Jesus Christ) a Temple or Mountain where Jesus Christ or Our Lady is found,

John 4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
John 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

THIRD EXERCISE: The first Colloquy to Our Lady, that she may get me grace from Her Son and Lord for three things:

FIFTH EXERCISE: just when I want to go asleep, to think, for the space of a HAIL MARY, Second prelude: think about Purgatory

SECOND WEEK THIRD POINT: I make my oblation with Thy favor and help, in presence of Thy infinite Goodness and in presence of Thy glorious Mother and of all the Saints of the heavenly Court;

THIRD POINT: and likewise what the Angel and Our Lady are doing, namely, the Angel doing his duty as ambassador, and Our Lady humbling herself and giving thanks to the Divine Majesty

Etc, etc, etc

Is Lipscomb going Catholic?

September 8th, 2012, 1:11 am #5

They seem to be going monkish
There has been a pretty solid feminization of the Church of Christ. History notes that when people move from SAY and SPEAK to Rhetoric and performance music that it is both a CAUSE and MARK of the effeminate.

You can see from a quick look that they have some closely bonded "brothers" and don't seem to care that it repudiates Churches of Christ or the Bible. This Ignatian Retreat sounds like it was written by a Monkish type.

When I returned to Middle Tennessee in 1980 I was informed by an old time INSIDER that the Church was highly afflicted with a gender disease. Experience has not been pretty

September 8th, 2012, 1:17 am #6

Is Lipscomb going Catholic?
Of the ACappella (a steal word)from "after the chapel":

A deeper-reaching attempt to explain the significance of the castrato age has been made by Moses (1960) in an interesting paper on the psychology of the castrato voice. He interprets the emergence of this vocal fashion as the fulfillment of an age-old dream wish of bisexual hermaphroditism. Even if one does not follow Moses in some of his somewhat overdrawn conclusions, there is left enough of a solid basis for his theory. Hermaphroditic mythology plays an important part in cultural history. In collections of primitive art one sometimes see sculptures of idols each with female breasts and a penis

Voices mirror not only individual characters but the spirit of a period as well. In this sense the voice of the castrato personifies the bisexual ideal with its unity of a female voice in a man's body. In the mythological atmosphere of the baroque opera the castrato portrayed gods and mythological persons who presented male and female characteristics in a vocal hermaphroditic combination.

In an unfinished book that Paul Moses left at his death he predicted, over ten years ago, quite correctly the approach of another age of crossover of the sexes. The young generation of today favors fashions that obliterate the differences between the sexes. Girls wear pants, and young men sport girlish long hair and wear necklaces and bracelets. The classical love song of the nineteenth century, the love-centered operettas, and the popular songs of the "June-moon" variety of the first half of this century have given way to the harsh rhythms of rock and roll of the unisex generation. And the phoniatrist sees among his patients an increasing number of young adult males who do not use the deep masculine voice that the pubertal growth of the larynx offers but continue to speak in an artificial high pitch of almost female sound. Friedrich S. Brodnitz, M.D.

CONSISTENT WITH RESTORING HEBREW ROOTS

Delitzsch on Psalms: Moreover, we must take into consideration the facts that the compass of the tenor extends even into the soprano, that the singers were of different ages down to twenty years of age, and that Oriental, and more particularly even Jewish, song is fond of falsetto singing. We therefore adopt Perret- Gentil's rendering, chant avec voix de femmes, and still more readily Armand de Mestral's, en soprano; whereas Melissus' rendering, "upon musical instruments called Alamoth (the Germans would say, upon the virginal)," has nothing to commend it.

"Hebrew music... was used in the luxurious times of the later monarchy the effeminate gallants of israel, reeking with perfumes, and stretched upon their couches of ivory, were wont at their banquets to accompany the song with the tinkling of the psaltery or guitar (Am. v1. 4-6), and amused themselves with devising musical instruments while their nation was perishing... music was the legitimate expression of mirth and gladness, and the indication of peace and prosperity." (Smith's Bible Dictionary, Music, p. 590).

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 8th, 2012, 1:32 am #7

Etc, etc, etc

B (William Crump), are you slandering/negating your very own alma mater (Lipscomb)?

As we have seen, you wear many hats.....now we add.....Traitor.

September 8th, 2012, 1:37 am #8

Of the ACappella (a steal word)from "after the chapel":

A deeper-reaching attempt to explain the significance of the castrato age has been made by Moses (1960) in an interesting paper on the psychology of the castrato voice. He interprets the emergence of this vocal fashion as the fulfillment of an age-old dream wish of bisexual hermaphroditism. Even if one does not follow Moses in some of his somewhat overdrawn conclusions, there is left enough of a solid basis for his theory. Hermaphroditic mythology plays an important part in cultural history. In collections of primitive art one sometimes see sculptures of idols each with female breasts and a penis

Voices mirror not only individual characters but the spirit of a period as well. In this sense the voice of the castrato personifies the bisexual ideal with its unity of a female voice in a man's body. In the mythological atmosphere of the baroque opera the castrato portrayed gods and mythological persons who presented male and female characteristics in a vocal hermaphroditic combination.

In an unfinished book that Paul Moses left at his death he predicted, over ten years ago, quite correctly the approach of another age of crossover of the sexes. The young generation of today favors fashions that obliterate the differences between the sexes. Girls wear pants, and young men sport girlish long hair and wear necklaces and bracelets. The classical love song of the nineteenth century, the love-centered operettas, and the popular songs of the "June-moon" variety of the first half of this century have given way to the harsh rhythms of rock and roll of the unisex generation. And the phoniatrist sees among his patients an increasing number of young adult males who do not use the deep masculine voice that the pubertal growth of the larynx offers but continue to speak in an artificial high pitch of almost female sound. Friedrich S. Brodnitz, M.D.

CONSISTENT WITH RESTORING HEBREW ROOTS

Delitzsch on Psalms: Moreover, we must take into consideration the facts that the compass of the tenor extends even into the soprano, that the singers were of different ages down to twenty years of age, and that Oriental, and more particularly even Jewish, song is fond of falsetto singing. We therefore adopt Perret- Gentil's rendering, chant avec voix de femmes, and still more readily Armand de Mestral's, en soprano; whereas Melissus' rendering, "upon musical instruments called Alamoth (the Germans would say, upon the virginal)," has nothing to commend it.

"Hebrew music... was used in the luxurious times of the later monarchy the effeminate gallants of israel, reeking with perfumes, and stretched upon their couches of ivory, were wont at their banquets to accompany the song with the tinkling of the psaltery or guitar (Am. v1. 4-6), and amused themselves with devising musical instruments while their nation was perishing... music was the legitimate expression of mirth and gladness, and the indication of peace and prosperity." (Smith's Bible Dictionary, Music, p. 590).
This is more confusion and ambiguity based on the post modern model of truth. I cannot fathom how much damage this "thrust" is doing to the young people by influence. We should all be underscoring the basis and fundamentals found in the Bible and be emphatic about it. We need to require our own sex ed classes for parents who then should be instructing their children. We need our own business and social ethics classes for out young based on the new testament. Things were liberal enough in the sixties when I was at LU - I cant imagine how difficult it is to sort through all this garbage to find the truth now.

Comments Welcome

September 8th, 2012, 2:26 am #9

Etc, etc, etc

Apparently the students do not grasp that Ignatius of Loyala the Spiritual Terrorist is NOT the Ignatius as Church Father who repudiates the false dogma of most POST MODERN pseudo-scholars.

Of Lipscomb's Ignatian Retreat: Lipscomb Ignatian Retreat: Finding God in All Things, A Companion To The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, by William Barry, SJ, is recommended (not required) reading before this retreat.
Resting on over 200 wooded and landscaped acres with a magnificent bluff view, St. Mary's Sewanee provides a sacred space in which guests may meet, bring their own group programs, engage in a personal retreat, or participate in program offerings by St. Mary's Sewanee.. There is a LABYRINTH on which to trace a sacred path.

Clement of Alexandria

http://www.piney.com/MuClement.html

Do not play the tyrant, O man, over beauty, nor offer foul insult to youth in its bloom. Keep beauty pure, that it may be truly fair. Be king over beauty, not its tyrant. Remain free, and then I shall acknowledge thy beauty, because thou hast kept its image pure: then will I worship that true beauty which is the archetype of all who are beautiful.

Now the grave of the debauched boy is the temple and town of Antinous. For just as temples are held in reverence, so also are sepulchres, and pyramids, and mausoleums, and labyrinths, which are temples of the dead, as the others are sepulchres of the gods. As teacher on this point, I shall produce to you the Sibyl prophetess:-

"Not the oracular lie of Phoebus, [Apollo, Abaddon, Apollyon]
Whom silly men called God, and falsely termed Prophet;
But the oracles of the great God, who was not made by men's hands,
Like dumb idols of Sculptured stone. (Vulg., Sibyllini, p. 253.)

The Labyrinth Offers Ancient Meditation For Todays Hurried Souls:

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com ... rticle.pdf

The prayer labyrinth offers a feast to fill that hunger. Meeting God in the middle [: In the Occult ...the center is the Androgenous deity/both male & female ... it goes by different names ... depending on sect or tradition.] The labyrinth is a maze-like path [Contrived path or arrangement, its witchcraft term is actually known as PATHWORKING: i.e.. any of the archetypal guided journeys undertaken in innerplane travel.] similar to those designed into the floors of European cathedrals during the Middle Ages. [What is not mentioned is that it was also known as the dark ages for the common person did not have access to the Word of God thus there was no spiritual light or discernment ] Christians of that time would walk the labyrinth to aid their contemplative prayer and reflection. The labyrinths fell into disuse, and most were eventually forgotten or destroyed. [At the time of the Reformation as people began to have access to the Word of God and were able to be discerning of the spirits, the experiential, empirical, and occult practices fell into disuse or were abandoned as people became obedient to the mandates of Scripture]

As we began the inward journey-toward the center of the canvas, a gentle female voice with a British accent [notice the female voice which is automatically acclimating the participant to hearing the voice of the Divine Feminine/goddess in a spiritual context] reads a portion of John 1. She told us not to rush but to slow down, breathe deeply, and fully focus on God. [In witchcraft this is known as CONCENTRATION, which is focusing the mind on one object or idea so that nothing else exists during the period of concentration.]

Women and children or BOYS (effeminate) should NOT rule over you.
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on September 9th, 2012, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B
B

September 8th, 2012, 4:16 am #10

B (William Crump), are you slandering/negating your very own alma mater (Lipscomb)?

As we have seen, you wear many hats.....now we add.....Traitor.
The word "traitor" is best applied to any church of Christ institution that adopts and supports the practices of the denominations.