B
B

September 10th, 2012, 3:33 am #21

Dave learned something about plurals and apostrophes for a change. After all, anyone like Dave who spells "epitome" as "epitamy" needs a review of basic spelling and grammar. And anyone like Dave who ignores the neither-add-to-nor-take-from command needs a review of New Testament principles.

September 10th, 2012, 4:01 am #22

My quick take on Lipscombs false teaching: you can have all of the double negatives you can find!

http://www.piney.com/Lipscomb.Universit ... treat.html

Links to the real Ignatius along with his theology which repudiates the FOUNDATION of Lipscombs theology and especially Spiritual Formation where they attempt to replace the Spirit OF Christ in His Word which He claims has the only transforming power.

http://www.piney.com/Divination.and.Lectio.Divina.html

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/seil/seil11.htm

FIRST EXERCISE First Prelude. find in your imagination (evil imagination is the reason for sending Jesus Christ) a Temple or Mountain where Jesus Christ or Our Lady is found,

John 4:19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
John 4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
John 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
John 4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

THIRD EXERCISE: The first Colloquy to Our Lady, that she may get me grace from Her Son and Lord for three things:

FIFTH EXERCISE: just when I want to go asleep, to think, for the space of a HAIL MARY, Second prelude: think about Purgatory

SECOND WEEK THIRD POINT: I make my oblation with Thy favor and help, in presence of Thy infinite Goodness and in presence of Thy glorious Mother and of all the Saints of the heavenly Court;

THIRD POINT: and likewise what the Angel and Our Lady are doing, namely, the Angel doing his duty as ambassador, and Our Lady humbling herself and giving thanks to the Divine Majesty

Etc, etc, etc

[color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]These are distractive and unnecessary thoughts and comments. Please....[/color]

September 11th, 2012, 2:54 am #23

My quick take on Lipscombs false teaching: you can have all of the double negatives you can find!

Links to the real Ignatius along with his theology which repudiates the FOUNDATION of Lipscombs theology and especially Spiritual Formation where they attempt to replace the Spirit OF Christ in His Word which He claims has the only transforming power.

FIRST EXERCISE First Prelude. find in your imagination (evil imagination is the reason for sending Jesus Christ) a Temple or Mountain where Jesus Christ or Our Lady is found,

John 4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
John 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

THIRD EXERCISE: The first Colloquy to Our Lady, that she may get me grace from Her Son and Lord for three things:

FIFTH EXERCISE: just when I want to go asleep, to think, for the space of a HAIL MARY, Second prelude: think about Purgatory

SECOND WEEK THIRD POINT: I make my oblation with Thy favor and help, in presence of Thy infinite Goodness and in presence of Thy glorious Mother and of all the Saints of the heavenly Court;

THIRD POINT: and likewise what the Angel and Our Lady are doing, namely, the Angel doing his duty as ambassador, and Our Lady humbling herself and giving thanks to the Divine Majesty

Etc, etc, etc

The Command of Christ the Rock in the wilderness had two inclusive components:

READ the Word: Exodus 18 made provision for small groups
REHEARSE or Meditate on that Word (onl)

That Pattern is repeated over and over:
SPEAK to yourselves in the Biblical Text.
Meditate (Mele not Melos) in the HEART.

The Campbells defined the Assembly as excluding all of the society functions and
READ and MUSE about the Word of God.

If you meditate out of your OWN heart then God says that your IMAGINATION is evil continueally. It's Simple, Simon: if man could have meditated truth then Jesus died in vain.

In the Epistle of Barabas c. ad 100

What, then, does he mean?

That we ought to join ourselves to those that fear the Lord,

<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
those who meditate in their heart on the commandment which they have received,
.....those who both utter the judgments of the Lord and observe them,
........those who know that meditation is a work of gladness,
........and who ruminate upon the word of the Lord.

Lightfoot's Translation: Barnabas 10:11 Again Moses saith; Ye shall everything that divideth the hoof and cheweth the cud. What meaneth he?

He that receiveth the food knoweth Him that giveth him the food, and being refreshed appeareth to rejoice in him.

Well said he, having regard to the commandment. What then meaneth he?

Cleave unto those that fear the Lord,

.....with those who meditate in their heart
.....on the distinction of the word which they have received,

with those who tell of the ordinances of the Lord and keep them,
with those who know that meditation is a work of gladness

.....and who chew the cud of the word of the Lord.

But why that which divideth the hoof?

.....Because the righteous man both walketh in this world,
.....and at the same time looketh for the holy world to come.
.....Ye see how wise a lawgiver Moses was.

And if you have any remembrance of what is good, be mindful of me, meditating on these things, in order that both my desire and watchfulness may result in some good. I beseech you, entreating this as a favour. While yet you are in this fair vessel, do not fail in any one of those things, but unceasingly seek after them, and fulfil every commandment; for these things are worthy. Wherefore I have been the more earnest to write to you, as my ability served, that I might cheer you. Farewell, ye children of love and peace.

The Lord of glory and of all grace be with YOUR spirit. Amen.
</font>

September 17th, 2012, 4:59 pm #24

Etc, etc, etc

Lectio (read a bit of the word to MAKE contact, then DIVINA meaning DIVINATION or witchcraft to prophesy or hear the gods directly.

The old wives were: Graodes (g1126) grah-o'-dace; from graus , (an old woman) and 1491; crone-like, i.e. silly: - old wives.

1133 gunaikarion: foolish woman: -- silly woman.
1136 Gog: Gog, a symbolic name for some future Anti-Christ.

"Paul called the teachings 'profane' and 'fit only for old women,' a strong indication that women were the teachers. There isn't any doubt Jesus identified Jezebel as a false prophetess and teacher who taught heresies mixed with sexual immorality (Rev. 3:20). From the available information it can be deduced she was a Gnostic teacher." (Trombley, Who Says Women Can't Teach, p. 165)

Graodes is the derogatory word used for 'old women' when they are being silly or mislead. So it is an idiom for anyone stupid enough to come under the influence of evil.}

The feminist movement, which began as a political, economic, and social struggle, is opening to a spiritual dimension. In the process, many women are discovering the old religion, reclaiming the word wl'tch and, with it, some of our lost culture.

Witchcraft, today, is a kaleidoscope of diverse traditions, rituals, theologies, and structures. But underneath the varying forms is a basic orientation common to all the craft.

The outer forms of religion-the particular words said, the signs made, the names used-are less important to us than the inner forms, which cannot be defined or described but must be felt and intuited.

The craft is earth religion, and our basic orientation is to the earth, to life, to nature. There is no dichotomy between spirit and flesh, no split between Godhead and the world. The Goddess is manifest in the world; she brings life into being, is nature, is flesh. Union is not sought outside the world in some heavenly sphere or through dissolution of the self into the void beyond the senses. Spiritual union is found in life, within nature, passion, sensuality-through being fully human, fully one's self. Our great symbol for the Goddess is the moon, whose three aspects reflect the three stages in women's lives and whose cycles of waxing and waning coincide with women's menstrual cycles.

As the new moon or crescent, she is the Maiden, the Virgin-not chaste, but belonging to herself alone, not bound to any man. She is the wild child, lady of the woods, the huntress, free and untamed-Artemis, Kore, Aradia, Nimue. White is her color. As the full moon, she is the mature woman, the sexual being, the mother and nurturer, giver of life, fertility, grain, offspring, potency, joy-Tana, Demeter, Diana, Ceres, Mari. Her colors are the red of blood and the green of growth.

As waning or dark moon, she is the old woman, past menopause,

the hag or crone that is ripe with wisdom, patroness of secrets, prophecy, divination, inspiration, power-Hecate, Ceridwen, Kati, Anna. Her color is the black of night. The Goddess is also earth-Mother Earth, who sustains all growing things, who is the body, our bones and cells.

She is air-the winds that move in the trees and over the waves, breath. She is the fire of the hearth, of the blazing bonfire and the fuming volcano; the power of transformation and change. And she is water-the sea, original source of life; the rivers, streams, lakes and wells; the blood that flows in the rivers of our veins. She is mare, cow, cat, owl, crane, flower, tree, apple, seed, lion, sow, stone, woman. She is found in the world around us, in the cycles and seasons of nature, and in mind, body, spirit, and emotions within each of us. Thou art Goddess.

I am Goddess. All that lives (and all that is, lives), all that serves life, is Goddess. Because witches are oriented to earth and to life, we value spiritual qualities that I feel are especially important to women, who have for so long been conditioned to be passive, submissive and weak. The craft values independence, personal strength, self-not petty selfishness but that deep core of strength within that makes us each a unique child of the Goddess.

The craft has no dogma to stifle thought, no set of doctrines that have to be believed. Where authority exists, within covens, it is always coupled with the freedom every covener has, to leave at any time.

When self is valued-in ourselves-we can see that self is everywhere. Passion and emotion-that give depth and color and meaning to human life-are also valued.

Witches strive to be in touch with feelings, even if they are sometimes painful, because the joy and pleasure and ecstasy available to a fully alive person make it worth occasional suffering.

So-called negative emotion-anger-is valued as well, as a sign that something is wrong and that action needs to be taken. Witches prefer to handle anger by taking action and making changes rather than by detaching ourselves from our feelings in order to reach some nebulous, "higher" state. Most of all, the craft values love.

The Goddess' only law is "Love unto all beings."

But the love we value is not the airy flower power of the hippies or the formless, abstracted agape of the early Christians.

It is passionate, sensual, personal love, eros, falling in love, mother-child love, the love of one unique human being for other individuals, with all their personal traits and idiosyncrasies.

Love is not something that can be radiated out in solitary meditation-it manifests itself in relationships and interractions with other people. It is often said "You cannot be a witch alone"-because to be a witch is to be a lover, a lover of the Goddess, and a lover of other human beings.

The coven is still the basic structure of the craft, and generally covens meet at the times of full moons and the major festivals,

September 19th, 2012, 6:21 pm #26

Etc, etc, etc

It is asserted that Adolph Hitler used Ignatius and the Jesuits Military wing as his pattern and Catholic authority for getting rid of the Jews (I haven't chased this dow). Naturally the Jesuits used as the FOUNDATION of Lectio Divina and Centering prayers claim that the Jesuits are godly because the rid the world of heretics. We know that people have used some pretty violent practices in order to infiltrate and divert churches into the Instrumental Sect justifying their actions by "using music to teach them to leave our movement.

The Lipscomb Reclaiming the Imagination:
The Exodus as Paradigmatic Narrative for Preaching

http://www.lipscomb.edu/preaching

This conference proposes that WE allow the worlds IMAGINED
..... in the ESSENTIAL biblical narratives
.....to dramatically shape our preaching and lives.

We believe that preaching REconstitutes biblical paradigms when it engages Scriptures VISIONS
.....by REpresenting what is ABSENT
.....and making present what is INACCESSIBLE
.....to the end that followers of God will live into a God-shaped reality.

Students are CONVINCED that the REVISIONING or REIMAGING of the Word of God is THE TRUTH

Notes from God about ungodly imagination.

http://www.piney.com/Lipscomb.Preaching ... MAGINATION

We identify biblical paradigms [Patterns] through the emphases Israel and the church gave them or by the claims made by the texts themselves.

What Paul calls of first importance and Jesus describes as weightier suggest a hierarchy of values--that some parts of Scripture have greater claim than others. These pivotal texts which echo through Scripture should craft the Christian experience as well.

False: Paul says that the FIRST in order of time is the PROTOS gospel as the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. Mark says that the MOST IMPORTANT, beginning or ARCHE gospel begins with baptism prophesied by Christ and fulfilled by John and Jesus.

With a VISION deeply rooted in biblical studies and a homiletic that seeks to live in the world Scripture envisions, this year we ask: What claims on our lives does the Exodus narrative imagine?

http://www.piney.com/Exodus.32.Rose.Up.To.Play.html

It would SUGGEST that using Imagination in a drama of musical idolatry was a "sin beyond redemption."

Scripture says that the Spirit OF Christ inspired the prophets (1 Peter 1:11; 2 Cor 3; Revelation 19:1).
The Prophets and Apostles are the ONLY teaching foundation upon which a Church of Christ is EDUCATED.

LIPSCOMB affirms: The title of Walter Brueggemanns book Hopeful Imagination is revealing. He sees the prophetic books of Jeremiah, Ezekiel and Isaiah as imaginative, poetic works which come out of a community that desperately needs hope because of the devastating political situation-- the Babylonian exile in 587 B.C. Authors used enormous prophetic imagination... The poets...wrought the new actions of God by the power of their imagination, their tongues, their words.

September 19th, 2012, 6:25 pm #27

Etc, etc, etc

It is asserted that Adolph Hitler used Ignatius and the Jesuits Military wing as his pattern and Catholic authority for getting rid of the Jews (I haven't chased this dow). Naturally the Jesuits used as the FOUNDATION of Lectio Divina and Centering prayers claim that the Jesuits are godly because the rid the world of heretics. We know that people have used some pretty violent practices in order to infiltrate and divert churches into the Instrumental Sect justifying their actions by "using music to teach them to leave our movement.

The Lipscomb Reclaiming the Imagination:
The Exodus as Paradigmatic Narrative for Preaching

http://www.lipscomb.edu/preaching

This conference proposes that WE allow the worlds IMAGINED
..... in the ESSENTIAL biblical narratives
.....to dramatically shape our preaching and lives.

We believe that preaching REconstitutes biblical paradigms when it engages Scriptures VISIONS
.....by REpresenting what is ABSENT
.....and making present what is INACCESSIBLE
.....to the end that followers of God will live into a God-shaped reality.

Students are CONVINCED that the REVISIONING or REIMAGING of the Word of God is THE TRUTH

Notes from God about ungodly imagination.

http://www.piney.com/Lipscomb.Preaching ... MAGINATION

We identify biblical paradigms [Patterns] through the emphases Israel and the church gave them or by the claims made by the texts themselves.

What Paul calls of first importance and Jesus describes as weightier suggest a hierarchy of values--that some parts of Scripture have greater claim than others. These pivotal texts which echo through Scripture should craft the Christian experience as well.

False: Paul says that the FIRST in order of time is the PROTOS gospel as the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. Mark says that the MOST IMPORTANT, beginning or ARCHE gospel begins with baptism prophesied by Christ and fulfilled by John and Jesus.

With a VISION deeply rooted in biblical studies and a homiletic that seeks to live in the world Scripture envisions, this year we ask: What claims on our lives does the Exodus narrative imagine?

http://www.piney.com/Exodus.32.html

It would SUGGEST that using Imagination in a drama of musical idolatry was a "sin beyond redemption."

Scripture says that the Spirit OF Christ inspired the prophets (1 Peter 1:11; 2 Cor 3; Revelation 19:1).
The Prophets and Apostles are the ONLY teaching foundation upon which a Church of Christ is EDUCATED.

LIPSCOMB affirms: The title of Walter Brueggemanns book Hopeful Imagination is revealing. He sees the prophetic books of Jeremiah, Ezekiel and Isaiah as imaginative, poetic works which come out of a community that desperately needs hope because of the devastating political situation-- the Babylonian exile in 587 B.C. Authors used enormous prophetic imagination... The poets...wrought the new actions of God by the power of their imagination, their tongues, their words.

The claim of being Post Modern insists that there is no intention of "teaching that which has been taught" or teaching "that which is written for our learning." Theology (making doctors of the Law) is the mark Jesus left of those who "take away the key to knowledge." A Church of Christ has no other role than to read, mediatate and teach the values of Scripture. Those few still faithful believe that the great EPICS (no Lyrics) of Scripture teach the Spirit once it is A holy spirit as a result of obedience at baptism.
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on September 19th, 2012, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 21st, 2012, 7:04 pm #28

http://www.piney.com/Lipscomb.University.2012.Ignatian.Retreat.html

Etc, etc, etc

Hope
Hope

February 25th, 2013, 2:01 am #29

Etc, etc, etc

"Exult, you just, in the Lord! Sing to Him a new song.

Give thanks to the Lord on the harp;
with the ten-stringed lyre chant His praises.
Sing to him a new song;
pluck the string skillfully, with shouts of gladness."

February 25th, 2013, 3:01 am #30

You WILL remember that it was because of INSTRUMENTAL IDOLATRY at Mount Sinai that God turned them over to WORSHIP THE STARRY HOST. Saturn was considered a sun god and his number is 666.

The Jacob-cursed and God abandoned Levites got their job because they EXECUTED 3000 of the "brethren" who engaged in this musical idolatry. Later they served under the KING and COMMANDERS of the Army. Their task included EXECUTING you if you came NEAR any of their claimed holy places.

Psalms 149:1 Praise ye Jehovah. Sing unto Jehovah a new song, And his praise in the assembly of the saints.
Psalms 149:2 Let Israel rejoice in him that made him: Let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.
Psalms 149:3 Let them praise his name in the dance: Let them sing praises unto him with timbrel and harp.
Psalms 149:4 For Jehovah taketh pleasure in his people: He will beautify the meek with salvation.
Psalms 149:5 Let the saints exult in glory: Let them sing for joy upon their beds.
Psalms 149:6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, And a two-edged sword in their hand;
Psalms 149:7 To execute vengeance upon the nations, And punishments upon the peoples;
Psalms 149:8 To bind their kings with chains, And their nobles with fetters of iron;
Psalms 149:9 To execute upon them the judgment written: This honor have all his saints.
Praise ye Jehovah.

Christ in Isaiah 30 shows that when God EXECUTES vengeance on HIS enemies they will be driven into HELL to the beat of wind, string and percussion instruments.

http://www.piney.com/Isa30LXX.html

You will hear these speakers, singers and instrument players making war in Revelation 18. John calls them sorcerers and this is a mark that the LAMPS of God's Spirit have been removed. Then, they will (are) cast alive into the Lake of Fire.

When the WARRIORS praised with the HALAL word it meant to "Make yourself vile": why not, since God had ABANDONED them to worship the STARRY HOST.