Divination and Lectio Divina of the Ignatian Retreat

B
B

September 8th, 2012, 4:39 am #11

B (William Crump), are you slandering/negating your very own alma mater (Lipscomb)?

As we have seen, you wear many hats.....now we add.....Traitor.
The word "traitor" also describes a member of the church of Christ who becomes a change agent and adopts and supports the practices of the denominations. Now let's see...Dave supports the use of instrumental music in worship, which the denominations condone but the true church of Christ does not, so that makes ole Dave a TRAITOR to the true church of Christ. So what other denominational practices would Dave like to see implemented in the church of Christ? Prayer books with scripted prayers? Pizza and soft drinks for the Lord's Supper? Infant baptism? Women pastors? Statues of the Virgin Mary? To which long-dead Roman Catholic "saints" does Dave offer prayers to "meet his felt needs"? Maybe Dave should adopt Jude as his "patron saint," because Jude is supposed to be the patron saint of lost causes, according to the Catholics. We've known that ole Dave has certainly been a lost cause for a very long time.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 8th, 2012, 2:31 pm #12

My quick take on Lipscombs false teaching: you can have all of the double negatives you can find!

http://www.piney.com/Lipscomb.Universit ... treat.html

Links to the real Ignatius along with his theology which repudiates the FOUNDATION of Lipscombs theology and especially Spiritual Formation where they attempt to replace the Spirit OF Christ in His Word which He claims has the only transforming power.

http://www.piney.com/Divination.and.Lectio.Divina.html

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/seil/seil11.htm

FIRST EXERCISE First Prelude. find in your imagination (evil imagination is the reason for sending Jesus Christ) a Temple or Mountain where Jesus Christ or Our Lady is found,

John 4:19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
John 4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
John 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
John 4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

THIRD EXERCISE: The first Colloquy to Our Lady, that she may get me grace from Her Son and Lord for three things:

FIFTH EXERCISE: just when I want to go asleep, to think, for the space of a HAIL MARY, Second prelude: think about Purgatory

SECOND WEEK THIRD POINT: I make my oblation with Thy favor and help, in presence of Thy infinite Goodness and in presence of Thy glorious Mother and of all the Saints of the heavenly Court;

THIRD POINT: and likewise what the Angel and Our Lady are doing, namely, the Angel doing his duty as ambassador, and Our Lady humbling herself and giving thanks to the Divine Majesty

Etc, etc, etc

I think I made someone mad.......just shake it off William Crump (B).

Don't worry about it and don't let it get to you. I was just messing with ya.

September 9th, 2012, 1:27 am #13

My quick take on Lipscombs false teaching: you can have all of the double negatives you can find!

Links to the real Ignatius along with his theology which repudiates the FOUNDATION of Lipscombs theology and especially Spiritual Formation where they attempt to replace the Spirit OF Christ in His Word which He claims has the only transforming power.

FIRST EXERCISE First Prelude. find in your imagination (evil imagination is the reason for sending Jesus Christ) a Temple or Mountain where Jesus Christ or Our Lady is found,

John 4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
John 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

THIRD EXERCISE: The first Colloquy to Our Lady, that she may get me grace from Her Son and Lord for three things:

FIFTH EXERCISE: just when I want to go asleep, to think, for the space of a HAIL MARY, Second prelude: think about Purgatory

SECOND WEEK THIRD POINT: I make my oblation with Thy favor and help, in presence of Thy infinite Goodness and in presence of Thy glorious Mother and of all the Saints of the heavenly Court;

THIRD POINT: and likewise what the Angel and Our Lady are doing, namely, the Angel doing his duty as ambassador, and Our Lady humbling herself and giving thanks to the Divine Majesty

Etc, etc, etc

From a couple of e-mails too bad to post in polite society we have this statement:

Mr. Sublett, why do you assign yourself this task? Is this your legacy to the church? To expose error? Does a student retreat at Lipscomb surrounding an early church father so inflame your ire that you must write all this?

First, the Lipscomb Staff having run out of "that which is written for our learning", apparently thinks that they can pray to the Holy Mother and she will get us some grace, are not early church fathers.

Second, "Finding God in All Things, A Companion To The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, by William Barry, SJ, is recommended (not required) reading before this retreat" is not a church father.

Of the society of Jesus: The Society of Jesus (Latin: Societas Iesu, S.J., SJ or SI) is a Christian male religious order that follows the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. the first formula of its Institute ("Regimini militantis ecclesia", 27 Sept., 1540)

The name "Societas Jesus" had been born by a military order approved and recommended by Pius II in 1450, the purpose of which was to fight against the Turks and aid in spreading the Christian faith. The early Jesuits were sent by Ignatius first to pagan lands or to Catholic countries; to Protestant countries only at the special request of the pope and to Germany, the cradle-land of the Reformation, at the urgent solicitation of the imperial ambassador.
-----As the object of the society was the propagation and strengthening of the Catholic faith everywhere, the Jesuits naturally endeavored to counteract the spread of Protestantism.

They were the Execution Squad for the Pope and still work to destabilize other religions.

Third, Ignatius was NOT an early Church Father.

The "exercises" do not sound like anything a mature male would fall into.

I am reading "Toland's Adolph Hitler" for the third time since he seems to have been reincarnated. Here is some documentary about the JESUIT MARK with lots of photo's. Since the Jesuits were organized as a MILITANT wing against the enemies of THE CHURCH, it cannot be disputed.

Jesuit Inquisition."<b>

http://www.spirituallysmart.com/nazi.html

So, we ask, is there a PLANT?

</b>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on September 9th, 2012, 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

B
B

September 9th, 2012, 1:54 am #14

I think I made someone mad.......just shake it off William Crump (B).

Don't worry about it and don't let it get to you. I was just messing with ya.
Dave backed off a little. He knows he can't legitimately call B a "traitor," because B reminded Dave that Dave has been a traitor to the church of Christ for supporting instrumental music.

September 9th, 2012, 2:37 am #15

From a couple of e-mails too bad to post in polite society we have this statement:

Mr. Sublett, why do you assign yourself this task? Is this your legacy to the church? To expose error? Does a student retreat at Lipscomb surrounding an early church father so inflame your ire that you must write all this?

First, the Lipscomb Staff having run out of "that which is written for our learning", apparently thinks that they can pray to the Holy Mother and she will get us some grace, are not early church fathers.

Second, "Finding God in All Things, A Companion To The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, by William Barry, SJ, is recommended (not required) reading before this retreat" is not a church father.

Of the society of Jesus: The Society of Jesus (Latin: Societas Iesu, S.J., SJ or SI) is a Christian male religious order that follows the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. the first formula of its Institute ("Regimini militantis ecclesia", 27 Sept., 1540)

The name "Societas Jesus" had been born by a military order approved and recommended by Pius II in 1450, the purpose of which was to fight against the Turks and aid in spreading the Christian faith. The early Jesuits were sent by Ignatius first to pagan lands or to Catholic countries; to Protestant countries only at the special request of the pope and to Germany, the cradle-land of the Reformation, at the urgent solicitation of the imperial ambassador.
-----As the object of the society was the propagation and strengthening of the Catholic faith everywhere, the Jesuits naturally endeavored to counteract the spread of Protestantism.

They were the Execution Squad for the Pope and still work to destabilize other religions.

Third, Ignatius was NOT an early Church Father.

The "exercises" do not sound like anything a mature male would fall into.

I am reading "Toland's Adolph Hitler" for the third time since he seems to have been reincarnated. Here is some documentary about the JESUIT MARK with lots of photo's. Since the Jesuits were organized as a MILITANT wing against the enemies of THE CHURCH, it cannot be disputed.

Jesuit Inquisition."<b>

http://www.spirituallysmart.com/nazi.html

So, we ask, is there a PLANT?

</b>
Preparation

Centering Silence: get into a relaxed position, settle your spirit and focus your mind/heart by prayerfully repeating a phrase or line from Scripture.

Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul (Psalm 143:8).

Prayer Path:

1. Recognize that you are in the presence of God and pray for illumination: Lord, I believe that at this moment I am in your loving presence. Please help me understand myself today and see you in my life.

2. Review the day with gratitude: God, I thank you for your many gifts. Help me appreciate your blessings.

Be concrete and specific. Where have you experienced the goodness of the Lord today? Review the day to see where God has been present throughout the day. Failings will emerge in your review as well.

3. Pay attention to the feelings that surfaced in your review of the day.

Reflect on the feelings, both positive and negative, you have experienced today. Acknowledge the range of feelings that emerge out of the various circumstances of the day. Feelings fill our day and illuminate our hearts.

4. Choose one of those feelings and pray from it: God, having examined my day, I give thanks for your gifts and ask your forgiveness for my failings. I have felt ____ today and give me grace to see you in this feeling and what it means.

Is there one emotion or feeling that stands out to you? Explore this emotionwhat was its origin, meaning and effect? How did it affect your day? Express spontaneously the prayer that emerges as you attend to this feeling as it appeared during the day.

5. Offer a prayer of reconciliation and resolve: Lord, as I look forward to tomorrow, I renew my commitment to follow you. Show me how to become the person you want me to be.

As you review the day to come, what feeling emerges as you look at the coming tasks. Fear? Doubt? Joy? Regret? Whatever it is, turn it into a prayer for help, healing or thanksgiving.

6. Conclude: The Lords Prayer.

Psalms 143:5 I remember the days of old; I meditate on all THY works; I muse on the work of THY hands.
Psalms 143:9 Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me.
Psalms 143:10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
Psalms 143:11 Quicken me, O LORD, for thy names sake: for thy righteousness sake bring my soul out of trouble.
Psalms 143:12 And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that afflict my soul: for I am thy servant

O, say can you not see
That's its all about ME?
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on September 9th, 2012, 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

B
B

September 9th, 2012, 2:53 am #16

Hmmm...repetitious prayers based on feelings about self. I guess that's what the change agents mean when they urge people to pray to have their "felt needs" met.

September 9th, 2012, 3:59 pm #17

One of my brutal critics is led to believe that Ignatius the SPIRITUAL TERRORIST and pattern for Hitler is Ignatius the church father who repudiates the pseudo scholarship of most postmodern universities.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 9th, 2012, 6:31 pm #18

Dave backed off a little. He knows he can't legitimately call B a "traitor," because B reminded Dave that Dave has been a traitor to the church of Christ for supporting instrumental music.
B, the SBC is well aware of your flip-flop's from agent to double agent. We have our "best" agent on the job to monitor you at all times. Just a reminder......

B
B

September 9th, 2012, 9:29 pm #19

At least I repented and got out of the SBC. So the SBC has "spies" now. They must be paranoid. BTW, don't you know that plurals are not made by adding apostrophes?

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 10th, 2012, 1:39 am #20

Etc, etc, etc

William Crump (B) said "BTW, don't you know that plurals are not made by adding apostrophes?:

The english cop......that's my boy! You can take the name from the B, but you can't take away his nature.