Dave Miller Reviews Richland Hills Instrumental Music.

Dave Miller Reviews Richland Hills Instrumental Music.

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

February 14th, 2008, 5:30 am #1

Richland Hills. Instrumental music: A Plea to Reconsider by Dave Miller

http://www.piney.com/Miller.Atchley.1.html

While this is a "traditionalists" rebuttal of Rick Atchley's totally false teaching, it abandons the high ground. At the same time it may explain why the usual "proof text" have never worked among those wishing that "school of the Bible" be all "recess."

The error is in AGREEING with Rick Atchley and his NACC friends who make the false claim that:

God commanded and approved worship with musical instruments as an ACT.

Then the task of theology and not speaking where the Bible speaks is to PROVE that God ceased enjoying the burning of flesh and instrumental NOISE never called music.

Because, they say, Jesus did not COMMAND the ACT of instrumental worship, we cannot do so. This embraces the Law of silence which only the instrumentalists have ever used with effect.

This review will prove to any reader that God DID NOT command instrumental music. Rather, it was BECAUSE of musical idolatry that God IMPOSED rather than commanded the Monarchy and the Sacrificial system.

Alvin Jennings
Alvin Jennings

August 1st, 2010, 7:01 pm #2

Dave, a brother asked me today at church for information about instrumental music, and specifically asked about A PLEA TO RECONSIDER.

Please send me information. Also, another brother has seen a rebuttal of Rick, but he wants to see the text of Rick's sermons to make an evaluation himself. I think he leans to the left on these issues. Are Rick's sermons on this matter available either in print or on CD?

It may interest you to know I wrote the 25 THESES that were 'nailed to the door' of the Richland Hills church building. Many others who agreed signed it with me. I was glad to see it on your website. They have veered further from the truth since that time.

Your reply will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Alvin Jennings

August 2nd, 2010, 6:46 pm #3

Yes, I remember the thesis: I have a copy and will make an updated post. You may want to make retrospective comments.

The owner of the CM forum died and Donnie Cruz has gained access and we will be co-moderators.
I will be able to respond much sooner.

I have read much of your material. I suspect that most accept the prevailing view that God, according to Rick, "commanded instrumental praise" but Jesus changed the Law? Dave Miller also missed the point that it was because of musical idolatry at Mount Sinai that God "turned them over to worship the starry host." (Acts 7 and a dozen other proofs.)

Christ ordained the Church in the Wilderness as the Qahal or synagogue: this quarantined the godly people FROM the Sacrificial system. Christ in the prohets denies that God commanded sacrifices when He brought them out of Egypt. Jesus came to make the prophets more certain and they identify the Civil-Military-Clergy complex as robbers and parasites. If God ABANDONED them to worship the starry host then how can anyone think that God commanded instruments but has "changed the law"? Until that is grasped the battle is lost to the liars.

http://www.rhchurch.org/pages/the-both-and-church/

You have to buy the dvd now !5.00

http://store.rhchurch.org/SearchResults ... and+church

Dave Miller on a plea hard copy or download pdf

http://www.richlandhillsandinstrumentalmusic.com/

http://www.piney.com/DeaconessElders.html

Rick's original Agenda which most people couldn't grasp:

http://www.piney.com/Rick-Atchley-Old.html

http://www.piney.com/Rick-Atchley-Music.html

Alan Highers also missed the SPLIT in the Road at Mount Sinai. Too bad, since Jacob warned us never to attend the assemblies of Levi and Stephen repudiated the Temple and the sacrificial system in Acts 7.

I won't hold my breath waiting for the "conservatives" to grasp that, as in all national records, the rituals of the Temple State and the Qahal or synagogue which existed from the wilderness onward--always say the Jews.

The Campbells agreeing with all recorded evidence defined

Church as a School of Christ
Worship as Reading and Musing the Word.

Acts 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city
them that preach him,
being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

If you would like to give us an update I would appreciate it.

If you would like to begin a new thread under your name just suggest a new topic and name it. make any comments you wish. You can make it a "rebuttal free zone" against me if you wish.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on August 2nd, 2010, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 3rd, 2010, 5:11 pm #4

As long as those who call themselves "conservative" but who are wildly liberal preach that God's OLD PATTERNISM approved instrumental music in congregational worship they simply HAVE NOTHING OF VALUE TO SAY. I fact, they give aid and comfort to the musical idolaters. Is this accidential?

DAVE MILLER: The first two reasons assert that under the Old Testament, God did not just allow instrumental music, He commanded and blessed it. Rick offered the following passages for these contentions: 2 Chronicles 5:13-14; 7:6; 1 Chronicle 29:25-26; Psalm 33:1- 3; Psalm 150:1-6.

Dave Miller: Response: Rick is absolutely correct in these assertions. It is true that some among the anti-instrument viewpoint (as Rick styles it) have claimed that God never approved, but only tolerated, the instrument in Old Testament worship. Rick ridiculed this viewpoint with the rhetorical question: s that standing under the word of God or over the word of God? The fact is the majority of those within churches of Christ have long acknowledged the divinely approved use of instruments in Old Testament Jewish worship. But this realization is completely beside the point and side-steps the issue. Why?

Dave Miller: Likewise, the Old Testament firmly asserts that God was pleased with animal sacrifices and other offerings: Then You shall be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering; then they shall offer bullson Your altar (Psalm 51:19, emp. added).

Here is a second part of our review of Dave Miller reviewing Rick Atchley and in truth giving him aid and comfort UNLESS you can find a LAW stopping what all false teachers claim God commanded.

http://www.piney.com/Miller.Atchley.2.html

It appears that there is no institute prepared to teach prospective preachers the story line in the fall from grace BECAUSE of musical idolatry at Mount Sinai.

http://www.piney.com/Synagogue1.html

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 11th, 2013, 4:21 am #5

Make melody - you can't make anything with your throat. You "make" with your hands. Sing (voice) make (hands).

Biblical ignorance is so sad

April 13th, 2013, 1:07 am #6

Psalms 98:4 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.

http://www.piney.com/Psallo.html

The PSALLO word used to justify making melody WITH a HARP all point to making war and making gender-confused love. Since the BEAST is defined by Jeremiah and Revelation as "a new style of music or drama" the MARK of that is the PSALLO word. It has the same meaning as to smite, to abrade the same as SOP as the mark for Satan to enter Judas.

Of "vocal bands"

Isaiah 17:12 Woe to the multitude of many people, which make a noise like the noise of the seas; and to the rushing of nations, that make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters!

Isaiah 17:13 The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind.

Zechariah 9:15 The LORD of hosts shall defend them; and they shall devour, and subdue with sling stones; and they shall drink, and make a noise as through wine; and they shall be filled like bowls, and as the corners of the altar.

Eucl. (excitedly) It means something-- that raven cawing on my left just now! And all the time a-clawing the ground, croaking away, croaking away! The minute I heard him my heart began to dance a jig and jumped up into a throat. But I must run, run! (Exit into temple)

The man who was dying blessed me; I made the widow's heart sing. Jb.29:13

So my heart laments for Moab like a flute;
it laments like a flute for the men of Kir Hareseth. The wealth they acquired is gone. Je.48:36

And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.Lu.1:47

Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Ac.2:26

In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight. Lu.10:21

Plautus, Curculio CAPPADOX My spleen is killing me, my reins are in torment, my lungs are being torn asunder, my liver is being tortured, my heart-strings are giving way, all my intestines are in pain.

Hecuba Alas! a dreadful trial is near, it seems, [230] full of mourning, rich in tears. Yes, I too escaped death where death had been my due, and Zeus did not destroy me but is still preserving my life, that I may witness in my misery fresh sorrows surpassing all before. But if the bond may ask the free of things that do not GRIEVE them or WRENCH their heart-strings, you ought to speak in answer to my questions and I ought to hear what you have to say.

SPEAK (opposite of poetry or music) to Teach and Admonish
Sing AND make melody IN the Heart

both sing and psallo speak of mental arousal called enchantment or WITCHCRAFT. Therefore, keep both SILENT. SPEAK means SPEAK and can never mean SING.

When you hear these SOUNDS--LIKE in Revelation 14 another angel speaks to the LIVING warning them that these are JUDGMENTAL sounds and commands that they PREACH THE GOSPEL. Time is short: I hope. All of the marks in SIGHT and SOUND have been carried out with LITTLE effect on literate members of the Church of Christ.

Arlo
Arlo

May 12th, 2013, 1:01 pm #7

1. If you sang like in biblical times there would be no harmony - no nice 1 to 5 chord resolutions-
Wake up - psalm means to play an instrument - sing means produce melodic and harmonic sounds-
God does not like those who take his words and use them to judge - who are you to-----

If you think singing songs of today without instruments- is better than with instruments- you did not read the Bible- you most likely could not tell what a B major augmented 11th chord is - so basically your telling the carpenter building a house how to pound a nail- when you won't even climb the ladder
Wake up and praise God and rejoice your alive and stop making instruments of The Lord the bad guys - when it's your own ignorance
Thanks be to God

May 13th, 2013, 4:09 pm #8

Arlo, all of the preachers studying theology missed Bible 101aaa. The only Christians are Disciples of Christ. MISSED: a Disciple is a STUDENT and students go to BIBLE CLASS and not to PRAISE SERVICES legalistically thinking that they can exercise some control over the "gods." Of course, we know that music is mind control to keep the unlawful collection plates runneth over.

Disciples of Christ have a direct command which began with The Church of Christ in the Wilderness.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

THE PATTERN CHRIST ORDAINED AND NEVER CHANGED WAS:

Acts 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that PREACH him, being READ in the synagogues every sabbath [REST] day.

Paul commanded Timothy how to conduct Ekklesia or Synagogue which was NOT a worship service in the pagan sense: Worship means to "give attendance to CHRIST by teaching what He commanded to be taught."

1Timothy 4:13 Till I come, give attendance to [PUBLIC]reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
1Timothy 4:14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy [teaching], with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
1Timothy 4:15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
1Timothy 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

The command is to SPEAK Psalms, hymns, spiritual songs or "use one mind and one mouth" to speak "that which is written for our learning" which Paul defined as Scripture." Romans 15. The SELF-pleasure in Greek and latin OUTLAW all of the "pleasure" arts and crafts: rhetoric, singing, playing, acting, dancing." You cannot SING psalms, hymns and spiritual songs (all inspired) without MISREADING the active words to SPEAK.

The SPEAK words connected to the LOGOS (The Incarnate WORDS of God) is always EXCLUSIVE of rhetoric, self-referenced preacher tales, singing, playing, acting or dancing. So, you see, the WORDS in the text FORBID anything which interferes with SPEAKING the Words which Jesus died to deliver for edification which means EDUCATION.

Praise singing is archaic and legalistic: it intends to keep the "gods" (Jehovah won't be there) from failing AGAIN. The world's OLDEST profession was a praise singer or "prophesier." By definition only radically abnormal people sold their bodies as AUTHENTIC SPEAKERS for the gods: Jesus Christ speaks for the ONE JEHOVAH. The SELF-pleasure Paul outlawed in Romans 15 which includes the performers "creating mental excitement" which intends to carry you away (heresy) to their OWN teaching. If you will recollect the sermon you heard Sunday you will probably remember that it was about the preacher who intended to "silence the voice of the victim." If it is posted (and he fleeced you) for what Jesus died to give you free, give me a link.

knthsublett@gmail.com

May 13th, 2013, 10:30 pm #9

While this is a "traditionalists" rebuttal of Rick Atchley's totally false teaching, it abandons the high ground. At the same time it may explain why the usual "proof text" have never worked among those wishing that "school of the Bible" be all "recess."

The error is in AGREEING with Rick Atchley and his NACC friends who make the false claim that:

Then the task of theology and not speaking where the Bible speaks is to PROVE that God ceased enjoying the burning of flesh and instrumental NOISE never called music.

Because, they say, Jesus did not COMMAND the ACT of instrumental worship, we cannot do so. This embraces the Law of silence which only the instrumentalists have ever used with effect.

This review will prove to any reader that God DID NOT command instrumental music. Rather, it was BECAUSE of musical idolatry that God IMPOSED rather than commanded the Monarchy and the Sacrificial system.
In the Book of Enoch referenced by Jude those for whom God will come in horrible judgement are specificially those who CAN BE seduced by mixed-sex choirs, musical instruments, drama, 'wearing of apparel' as seductive clergy garb (worn by the Levites). The holy Sethites who ignored the teaching fell into this musical idolatry, changed their minds but could never get back up. Knowing they were doomed they sought comfort by seducing as many other people as possible. From Hitler and beyond the MARK of success is how many people you can entice to accompany them in BOWING while the PIPERS pipe: Jesus called them "children" which was a dirty word.

The prophecy in Revelation is that again Satan will be loosed and knowing that he has a short time will work really hard to seduce as many as possible before Lake of Fire time. IF POSSIBLE the ELECT (those added by Christ to His church) will be deceived: those who ARE deceived are simply not recognized by Jesus.

MOST of the mildy-musical religions are said to have fallen into a "rock and roll" style which is that Black influence of the "F" word. Among recognized groups a few Churches of Christ have not already fallen into INSTRUMENTAL "worship" or its VIRTUAL-INSTRUMENTAL with a cappella which in its origin are the castrated praise singers working for the MOTHER church.

2 Thessalonians those who are warned not to be moved are tempted by:

1. Purpose Driven or deliberate deceivers.
2. Something unknown: a piece of ignorance. Epithet for those who are predestinated who HAD deceived the whole world.
3. Members is defined as "A Member of the Church of Christ."
4. The METHOD of deception is musical melody.

I didn't make this up! That is why they are in the Davidic MAKING WAR mode and will not or cannot hear what you say. That's fine: seems the WORLD and the WISE (Sophists speakers, singers, instrument players) are marked as NOT supposing to hear (Matthew 23). Since the BEAST is clearly defined as "A new style of singing or drama" the MARK will be anyone who can be seduced. It's all in the book.

May 25th, 2013, 1:12 am #10

The "progressives" claim that a "spirit" told them to impose Instrumental Praise: lifeless instruments cannot praise and the praise word is the source for the LUCIFER principle and it means that someone has forced you into the HALAL praise or making self vile to steal other people's inheritance.