Contemporary Musical Worship (see David Young: North Boulevard Hijacked)

August 15th, 2017, 5:27 pm #21

Even there is not command, example or remote inference of group singing with or without instrument and Scripture gives Jubal and lucifer as the source of using music, David Young uses an infant's response to music to prove that GOD built in music as a good thing.

However, even in adults complex music drags up the urge to FIGHT, FLIGHT or as a SEXUAL stimulus. An infant knows nothing about music but understands that meter and elevated voices prove that music probably derived from fright induced by a sable-toothed tiger: because the sound induced FRIGHT, evil men understood that a voice or the infention of Brass or "bell metal" made them able to spook the old and modern emotions intended to show pain or pleasure.

Look at even simple ELEVATED voices set to the heart beat or drum beat and understand why music means "to make the lambs dumb before the slaughter.

https://voices.nationalgeographic.org/2 ... -to-music/

August 17th, 2017, 1:12 am #22

I was listening to BBN (Bible Broadcasting Network) radio one day this past summer and heard Dr. Lowell Davey speak on the "Perspective" program. He spoke of the very popular and great hymn, "O Worship the King," and contrasted it with another song that reflects the contemporary music worship culture of the last few decades. He further commented, "I think it's going to be pretty relevant to where you may find yourself to be or where the church is basically headed today." He went on to recite the words to this song and pointed out that many of the contemporary music pieces are written and promoted by unsaved people and secular corporations basically producing the music for our church today. [If time permits later on, I would like to present a transcribed segment of this program.]

To have a better appreciation for the message that the song conveys, he suggested singing it to the tune of "O Worship the King." So, here's the hymn first. Would you please sing it meaningfully? And remember the tune! (I have researched online to find a copy of the other song that Dr. Davey alluded to above. Guess what I found? You'll see it later on. But, first, the hymn.)
O worship the King, all glorious above
And gratefully sing His wonderful love;
Our shield and Defender, the Ancient of Days,
Pavilioned in splendor and girded with praise.

Thy bountiful care, what tongue can recite?
It breathes in the air, it shines in the light:
It streams from the hills, it descends to the plain,
And sweetly distills in the dew and the rain.

Frail children of dust, and feeble as frail,
In Thee do we trust, nor find Thee to fail;
Thy mercies how tender! How firm to the end!
Our Maker, Defender, Redeemer, and Friend!
Now, here: http://www.bbnradio.org/bbn/bbs/read.as ... e=BBN_News

Author: Jeff Apthorp
Date:9/7/2004 4:33:09 PM
Have your hymn books been replaced?

Recently Dr. Lowell Davey shared the following thought provoking words on the Perspective program. They read best set to the tune of the Hymn "O Worship The King".

O worship the slides, projected above.
Theyre taking the place, of hymnbooks we love.
We cant read ahead, and we cant read the score,
We cant harmonize and sing parts anymore.

O tell of His love, but dont mention sin.
We cannot offend, or crowds wont come in.
Forgetting His wrath, and His anger dont sing.
Were gracious and kind, and non-threatening.

Our bountiful hymns, in which we delight,
Are stogey and old, the words they arent right.
We cant memorize them, dont know what they mean.
Their authors are dead, and their length is obscene.

Frail children of NOW, we sing what we can,
Our culture has givn, a short attention span,
Well sing and repeat the Ad infinitum,
While making their writers a neat tidy sum.

====================
[color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]Changed to the original, intended title: "Contemporary Musical Worship"[/color] [d.c.]
I have enhanced my Pindar quote but I can post all day and show why there is NO METRICAL text in the Bible; and the command is to SPEAK Psalms, hymns and spiritual songs ALL in the text of the Bible including the Book of Psalms. Therefore, people who claim that A SPIRIT told them to use any form in music in the assembly is probably APOLLYON the only personified spirit.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on August 17th, 2017, 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 17th, 2017, 6:20 pm #23

I was listening to BBN (Bible Broadcasting Network) radio one day this past summer and heard Dr. Lowell Davey speak on the "Perspective" program. He spoke of the very popular and great hymn, "O Worship the King," and contrasted it with another song that reflects the contemporary music worship culture of the last few decades. He further commented, "I think it's going to be pretty relevant to where you may find yourself to be or where the church is basically headed today." He went on to recite the words to this song and pointed out that many of the contemporary music pieces are written and promoted by unsaved people and secular corporations basically producing the music for our church today. [If time permits later on, I would like to present a transcribed segment of this program.]

To have a better appreciation for the message that the song conveys, he suggested singing it to the tune of "O Worship the King." So, here's the hymn first. Would you please sing it meaningfully? And remember the tune! (I have researched online to find a copy of the other song that Dr. Davey alluded to above. Guess what I found? You'll see it later on. But, first, the hymn.)

Recently Dr. Lowell Davey shared the following thought provoking words on the Perspective program. They read best set to the tune of the Hymn "O Worship The King".

====================
[color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]Changed to the original, intended title: "Contemporary Musical Worship"[/color] [d.c.]
THE ANCIENTS BEFORE THE POST-LITERATE ERA OF THEOLOGIANS KNEW THE MEANING OF MUSIC

http://www.piney.com/FathLactVI.html

(Lactantius, The Divine Institutes, Ante-Nicene Fathers, VII, p. 188

Chapter XXI.-Of the Pleasures of the Ears, and of Sacred Literature.

Pleasure of the ears is received from the sweetness of voices and strains, which indeed is as productive of vice as that delight of the eyes of which we have spoken.

For who would not deem him luxurious and worthless who should have scenic arts at his house?
.....But it makes no difference whether you practise luxury alone at home, or with the people in the theatre.
"But we have already spoken of spectacles: there remains one thing which is to be overcome by us,
.....that we be not captivated by those things which penetrate to the innermost perception. (emotions only)
.....For all those things which are unconnected with words, (just speaking in tongues)
.....that is, pleasant sounds of the air and of strings,
.....may be easily disregarded, because they do not adhere to us, and cannot be written...

1Corinthians 14:8 For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?
1Corinthians 14:9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood,
how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.

But a well-composed poem, and a speech be-guiling with its sweetness, captivate the minds of men, and impel them in what direction they please.
Hence, when learned men have applied themselves to the religion of God, unless they have been instructed176 by some skilful teacher, they do not believe.
.....For, being accustomed to sweet and polished speeches or poems,
.....they despise the simple and common language of the sacred writings as mean.

For they seek that which may soothe the senses. But whatever is pleasant to the ear effects persuasion, and while it delights fixes itself deeply within the breast.
Is God, therefore, the contriver both of the mind, and of the voice, and of the tongue,

.....unable to speak eloquently? Yea, rather, with the greatest foresight, He wished those things which are divine to be without adornment,
.....that all might understand the things which He Himself spoke to all.

Therefore he who is anxious for the truth,

.....who does not wish to deceive himself, must lay aside hurtful and injurious pleasures,
.....which would bind the mind to themselves, as pleasant food does the body: true things must be preferred to false, .....eternal things to those which are of short duration, useful things to those which are pleasant.

Let nothing be pleasing to the sight but that which you see to be done with piety and justice;

let nothing be agreeable to the hearing but that which nourishes the soul and makes you a better man. And especially this sense ought not to be distorted to vice, since it is given to us for this purpose, that we might gain the knowledge of God.

Therefore, if it be a pleasure to hear melodies and songs, let it be pleasant to sing and hear the praises of God. This is true pleasure, which is the attendant and companion of virtue. This is not frail and brief, as those which they desire, who, like cattle, are slaves to the body; but lasting, and affording delight without any intermission.

And if any one shall pass its limits, and shall seek nothing else from pleasure but pleasure itself, he designs for himself death; for as there is perpetual life in virtue, so there is death in pleasure. For he who shall choose temporal things will be without things eternal; he who shall prefer earthly things will not have heavenly things.

August 18th, 2017, 2:42 am #24

The Catholic Trinity gives end-time deceivers the claim to CAST VISION (a wicca term) and claim that NOW they hear a spirit person telling them that Lying to God and About God is now approved. Spirit is the BREATH of God and He breaths the Spirit without measure, METRON or musical meter.

Jesus Articulates and makes Visible God in his task as WORD, LOGOS or Regulative principle. That excludes rhetoric, singers and instrument players. Jesus calls them hypocrites as Scribes and Pharisees.

Claiming that Jesus IS God but now supplemented by A Holy Spirit Person or rejecting the Word is ANTICHRIST.

Rom. 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

No spirit people:

Rom. 1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
Rom. 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord,
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
which was made of the seed of David according to the FLESH;
Rom. 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power,
.....according to the spirit OF holiness, [not a people]
.....by the resurrection from the dead:
Rom. 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship,
..........for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
Rom. 1:6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

No spirit person

.........2John 8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought,
................but that we receive a full reward.
.........2John 9 Whosoever transgresseth,
................and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God.
.........He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ,
.................he hath both the Father and the Son.

Lord and Christ are not GOD WORDS.

.....No spirit people

...........2John 7 For many DECEIVERS are entered into the world,
................who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the FLESH.
................This is a DECEIVER and an ANTICHRIST.

THEY HATE YOU IF YOU DON'T "FELLERSHIP" WITH THEM!

2John 10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2John 11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

That includes MOST Churches of Christ who took the MARK of Antichristism only recently.

</font>

Rancor
Rancor

August 23rd, 2017, 8:56 am #25

August 23rd, 2017, 3:22 pm #26

====================
You do not have the power to forgive people whose PATTERN says that Amos was not condemning their WORSHIP but their attitude. Amos speaks of the MARZEAH which is a musical feast with and for dead ancestors. The Jews as pattern from Messianic Jews "had a covenant with death and hell." They fleece the widows to preach A Christian World View which is an oxymoron. The World or Kosmos or the ECUMENICAL is the kingdom of the Devil.

Amos 5:21 I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.
Amos 5:22 Though ye offer me burnt offerings and your meat offerings, I will not accept them: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts.
Amos 5:23 Take thou away from me the NOISE of thy songs; for I will not hear the MELODY of thy VIOLS.
Amos 5:24 BUT let judgment run down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream.
Amos 5:25 Have ye offered unto me sacrifices and offerings in the wilderness forty years, O house of Israel?
Amos 5:26 But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which YE MADE TO YOURSELVELS
Amos 5:27 THEREFORE will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus, saith the Lord [YHWH], whose name is The God [ELOHIM]of hosts.

THAT'S BECAUSE GOD DID NOT COMMAND ANY OF THE PATTERN IMITATED BY CHURCHES OF THIS WORLD ORDER.

<font face="arial" size="4">"In pagan traditions, musical instruments are invented by gods or demi-gods, such as titans. In the Bible, credit is assigned to antediluvian patriarchs, for example, the descendants of Cain in Genesis 4:21. There is no other biblical tradition about the invention of musical instruments." (Freedman, David Noel, Bible Review, Summer 1985, p. 51). (Proof Here).

"The marzeah had an extremely long history extending at least from the 14th century B.C. through the Roman period. In the 14th century B.C., it was prominently associated with the ancient Canaanite city of Ugarit (modern Ras Shamra), on the coast of Syria... The marzeah was a pagan ritual that took the form of a social and religious association... Some scholars regard the funerary marzeah as a feast for--and with--deceased ancestors (or Rephaim, a proper name in the Bible for the inhabitants of Sheol)." (King, Biblical Archaeological Review, Aug, 1988, p. 35, 35) ----

"These five elements are: (1) reclining or relaxing, (2) eating a meat meal, (3) singing with harp or other musical accompaniment, (4) drinking wine and (5) anointing oneself with oil." (King, p. 37).

"With the wine-drinking (which is the literal meaning of the Hebrew for feasting), went music and dancing." (Heaton, E. W., Everyday Life in Old Testament times, Scribners, p. 93)

"Worship was form more than substance; consequently, conduct in the marketplace was totally unaffected by worship in the holy place. Amos spoke from the conviction that social justice is an integral part of the Mosaic covenant, which regulates relations not only between God and people, but also among people." (King, p. 44).

The mark on Cain is his name which means "a musical note and a lance which strikes fast." The word HANDLE means IN A SEXUAL SENSE

http://www.piney.com/MuLamech.html

Conrad L'Heureux demonstrated that the marzeah, or symposium (feast, gathering, banquet, assembly) of El that is found in the Rephaim Texts of Ugarit "must be a reflex in the divine world of the symposium [don't get fluted down with wine] celebrated by the members of the EARTHLY marzeah of El...each guild apparently had a divine patron."42 The heavenly marzeah had participants called rp'm, which we also find in the earthly marzeah, e.g., "May Krt be greatly exalted among the rp'm of the earth...the rp'm constitute an aristocracy of which the Canaanite kings were a part."43 Moses, and the prophets following him were proclaimed as "Speakers for Yahweh," showing the people that "they are sent from the divine king, the suzerain of treaties, to reprove and to pronounce judgment upon Israel..."44

Note 42: Conrad L'Heureux, "The Ugaritic and Biblical Rephaim," Harvard Theological Review, 67(1974): 270-271.

Note 43. Conrad L'Heureux, Rephaim, 271. Cf. 272, footnote 25, the authority of El is ordinarily exercised through the younger generation of gods whom we could call the executive deities. It is also possible to understand the term rp'm as "the assembly of the gods." The entire premise of Jacobsen's article "Primitive Democracy," is that the groups and assemblies on earth reflected what the gods had done in heaven.

That was the original purpose for the Musical Worship Team Abomination "leading you into the presence of God" but they, says Paul in Ephesians 4 are LYING IN WAIT TO DECEIVE

This is PROVEN by the trinity and the claim that THE holy spirit is guiding you to slander godly people.

This was called "prophesying" by those who "made self a prophet." David made his warrior musicians into PROPHESIERS which means ot make war or make sorcery and never make spirituall Word. The Israelites had been abandoned ot Dionysus or Bacchus "worship of the starry host" because of musical idolatry at Mount Sinai. God heard that as a prayer and answered them. Therefore, when you lift prooftexts out of the Monarchy, king, temple and sacrificial system you are restoring the Abomination of Desolation which featured Zeus and Dionysus (new wineskin god) in the Temple. This ultimately, like the word PSALM and PSALMOS is Egyptian-Greek and not faithful Israelites:

Aristophanes' Lysistrata speaks to North Boulevard being controlled by the KAIROS CHURCH PLANTING PLOT where Kairos is te the DEMON son of Zeus among all pagans and KAIROS means "the right time and place to mount a attack. The Greek HALAL as the pattern for ALL musical idolatry refuting recorded history is the MARK which we mortals cannot forgive because their is no redemption.

Call upon Bacchus, AFIRE with his Maenades [mad women singers];
Call upon Zeus in the lightning arrayed;
Call on his queen, ever blessed, adorable;
Call on the holy, infallible Witnesses,
Call them to witness the peace and the harmony,
This which divine Aphrodite has made.

Allala! Lalla! Lallala! Lallala!
Whoop for victory, Lallalalae!
Evoi! Evoi! Lallala, Lallala!
Evae! Evae! Lallalalae.

The word lelein is fundamentally an onomatopoetic one, meaning, as Thayer's Lexicon puts it, to go 'la-la'. The Greeks shouted 'alala' both in worship and in war, and personified Alala as a deity (Pindar, Fr. 208 [78]; Plutarch 2.3496). It was this same repetitive and meaningless syllabification in pagan prayers which Jesus described: 'for they think they shall be heard for their much speaking' (Matthew 6:7)

David and the elders follow that REPEATING pattern which is the laded burden imposed by those with no role and not dole. They repeat this meaningless phrass over and over and say that the BEWITCHING is The Holy Spirit as a god person causing it. That is blasphemy because it despises all of recorded scripture.

New patterns of Christian worship appear to have been more difficult for women to adopt than men, as they had not known the dignified rite of Apollo or Zeus. For the most part, their religious expression had been accompanied by extravagances of every sort. We may quote Iamblichus again:

We affirm, accordingly, not only that the shoutings and choric songs are SACRED to the gods, each and all of them, as being peculiarly their own, but likewise that there is a kindred relationship between them in their proper order . . . and the peculiar usages of Sabazian [Jews] worship make ready for the Bacchic enthusiasm, the purifying of souls, and deliverances from old incriminations, their respective inspirations are, accordingly, different in every important particular.

Thou seemest to think that those who are enrapt by the Mother of the gods are males, for thou callest them, accordingly, 'Metrizontes' yet that is not true, for the 'Metrizontesae' are chiefly women (op cit., pp. 121-123

Such women must learn that they were purified not through shouting but through the blood of Christ and through the washing of the water of the Word.

"Long before Israel's existence, we find in Akkadian tablets the word halhallatu for 'double clarinet,' and we have many ancient representations of this instruments... Extremely popular for SECULAR purposes, the clarinet was played at WEDDINGS, BANQUETS, and FUNERAL. At funerals it served as accompaniment to the customary WAILING women; this is the meaning of Matt. 9:23. The chief characteristics of the clarinet were: popularity, juxtaposition with hand drum and lyre, expression of extreme emotionalism, and symbolic meaning of FERTILITY and RESURRECTION." (Int. Std. Bible Dict., p. 472).

Jesus cast out the Musical Worship team "more or less violently like one ejects dung" when they CLAIMED to be able to assist Jesus.
</font>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on August 23rd, 2017, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rancor
Rancor

August 23rd, 2017, 5:25 pm #27

Sad....so sad.

I have better things to do.

Rancor
Rancor

August 28th, 2017, 1:40 pm #28

Ken, you should make up with David.

August 28th, 2017, 2:42 pm #29

If you have better things to do the twisted view of Psalm 139 will say YOU DON'T HAVE ANY CHOICE!" They say that God saw the NEED for Rancor so He MADE YOU be ANTI-Logos.

Matt. 5:1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain:
and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
Matt. 5:2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
Matt. 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

The POOR IN SPIRIT does not build upon the foundation of personal experiences and SELF EXHIBITION. Jesus commanded us to GO because He doesn't visit HOUSES or religious OBSERVATIONS: these are the MARKS that God may have created you to be an angel of light?

DON'T GO THERE: THE KINGDOM OF GOD FOR THE POOR IN SPIRIT WILL SHOW UP AS EMPTY PEWS.

Matt. 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn:
for they shall be comforted.
Matt. 5:5 Blessed are the meek:
.....for they shall inherit the earth.
Matt. 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness:
.....for they shall be filled.
Matt. 5:7 Blessed are the merciful:
.....for they shall obtain mercy.
Matt. 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart:
.....for they shall see God.
Matt. 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers:
.....for they shall be called the children of God.
Matt. 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake:
.....for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matt. 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you,
.....and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Matt. 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad:
.....for great is your reward in heaven:
.....for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

The Spirit OF Christ defined the REST as the Assembly OF Christ both inclusively and exclusively in the prophets,

Jesus CERTIFIED the Prophets, Law and Psalms CONCERNING ME as "Scripture."
Peter said that is NOT to be private interpreted or FURTHER EXPOUNDING or SOLD which violates Isaiah 55.

God BLINDS and makes DEAF those who do not love the WORD (Logos, Regulative Principle). They do not "teach that which has been taught" because God has control of their brain and will not permit them to speak truth as a Poor and Meek and Suffering Slave.

More later: you will want to read all of the RACA statements in the CHANGE article.</font></font>

Rancor
Rancor

August 28th, 2017, 6:44 pm #30

Sad....so sad.

I have better things to do.