church of Christ or church of God

church of Christ or church of God

Dave
Dave

January 18th, 2017, 5:01 pm #1

Acts 20
28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Bad translation? Slip up?

OR, without a shadow of a doubt.....the INSPIRED Word of GOD!!!

HALELLUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever heard the saying 'what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine?'

January 18th, 2017, 6:34 pm #2

Desperately Seeking TRADS labor night and day to disqualify Jesus Christ. It is God's Kingdom but Jesus is the King and head of The Church of Christ for those of us not according to C. Leonard Allen's God "Ecstatic" or outside of THEMSELVES.

Dave the elder: Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Dave the elder says that the Church as body or kingdom or assembly OF CHRIST should be named Church of God based on this "stretchy" verse.

Dave and the rarely APT elders missed the PUNCH LINE in the next verse:

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Acts 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

We have told elder Dave many times that
God IS Spirit
A Spirit Hath not flesh and blood
Of Himself Jesus said
Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Matt. 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona:
for flesh and blood hath NOT revealed it unto thee,
but my Father which is in heaven.

The ONE GOD THE FATHER IS SPIRIT and does not have FLESH OR BLOOD.

Heb. 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Heb. 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his OWN blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
Heb. 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
Heb. 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

It was not GOD'S OWN BLOOD but the blood of His own

We REQUEST A holy spirit to replace our UNholy spirit only at baptism. (Acts 2:38)
We REQUEST that purged conscience or consciousness so we can have clear vision of the LOGOS only by NOT blaspheming and saying that BAPTISM SAVES YOU is a LIE 1 Peter 3:21.

Only men who accepted the shed blood and dipped in the very deep laver were permitted to enter into the holy place. Any singer or instrument player who stumbled into the Holy Place was to be executed by his brethren

Nextly, we will see that the subject of the verse and many of the versions understand that to be the Blood of Jesus which is the MEANING OF IS in Acts 20 which implicates that well-mocked gender mark. Wasn't the a cappella (or steal word ACappella) emasculated to be able to be "praise singers"?

Scripture
Scripture

January 18th, 2017, 10:54 pm #3

Jesus purchased the assembly for his father. So they are co-owners

January 18th, 2017, 11:23 pm #4

That's True: Everything Jesus did or said was as LORD or Ruler over God's Kingdom. It is always The Kingdom OF GOD.

Eph. 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

The New Testament most often uses Church of God which may not matter if you understand the one-piece pattern of the ekklesia.

"The Church of Christ" is often used in all periods of church history because He is the heir, I am not certain of all of the implications. Isaiah 5 speaks of the spoiled Vineyard which was spoiled because God removed the hedge or His protection.

Is. 5:2 And he fenced it, and gathered out the stones thereof, and planted it with the choicest vine, and built a tower in the midst of it, and also made a winepress therein: and he looked that it should bring forth grapes, and it brought forth wild grapes.
Is. 5:3 And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem, and men of Judah, judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my vineyard.

In fulfillment of the prophetic type:

Luke 20:12 And again he sent a third: and they wounded him also, and cast him out.
Luke 20:13 Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him.
Luke 20:14 But when the husbandmen saw him, they reasoned among themselves, saying, This is the heir: come, let us kill him, that the inheritance may be ours.
Luke 20:15 So they cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him. What therefore shall the lord of the vineyard do unto them?
Luke 20:16 He shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid.
Luke 20:17 And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?

When "Church of God" is used it is often in Connection with Christ as assigned ruler.

Dave
Dave

January 19th, 2017, 2:49 am #5

Desperately Seeking TRADS labor night and day to disqualify Jesus Christ. It is God's Kingdom but Jesus is the King and head of The Church of Christ for those of us not according to C. Leonard Allen's God "Ecstatic" or outside of THEMSELVES.

Dave the elder: Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Dave the elder says that the Church as body or kingdom or assembly OF CHRIST should be named Church of God based on this "stretchy" verse.

Dave and the rarely APT elders missed the PUNCH LINE in the next verse:

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Acts 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

We have told elder Dave many times that
God IS Spirit
A Spirit Hath not flesh and blood
Of Himself Jesus said
Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Matt. 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona:
for flesh and blood hath NOT revealed it unto thee,
but my Father which is in heaven.

The ONE GOD THE FATHER IS SPIRIT and does not have FLESH OR BLOOD.

Heb. 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Heb. 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his OWN blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
Heb. 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
Heb. 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

It was not GOD'S OWN BLOOD but the blood of His own

We REQUEST A holy spirit to replace our UNholy spirit only at baptism. (Acts 2:38)
We REQUEST that purged conscience or consciousness so we can have clear vision of the LOGOS only by NOT blaspheming and saying that BAPTISM SAVES YOU is a LIE 1 Peter 3:21.

Only men who accepted the shed blood and dipped in the very deep laver were permitted to enter into the holy place. Any singer or instrument player who stumbled into the Holy Place was to be executed by his brethren

Nextly, we will see that the subject of the verse and many of the versions understand that to be the Blood of Jesus which is the MEANING OF IS in Acts 20 which implicates that well-mocked gender mark. Wasn't the a cappella (or steal word ACappella) emasculated to be able to be "praise singers"?

Ken said "We have told elder Dave many times that God IS Spirit A Spirit Hath not flesh and blood"

Jesus was once A SPIRIT (Word, Logos) before He became the Son of Man, so do you not believe in Jesus, since you deny that a SPIRIT hath not flesh and blood?

John 1:14 states that it DID happen with Jesus.

Painting yourself in a corner isn't clever.

January 19th, 2017, 3:16 am #6

using the <> insert font color=red or font color=blue The forum will convert to Hex code.

AS alerts the student to a parable or figurative language.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,
(and we beheld his glory, the glory
AS OF
the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

g3439. monogenes, mon-og-en-ace´; from 3441 and 1096; only-born, i.e. sole: — only (begotten, child).

g1096. ginomai, ghin´-om-ahee; to cause to be (“generate), i.e. (reflexively) to become (come into being), used with great latitude (literal, figurative, intensive, etc.): — arise, be assembled, be(-come,
Used of only sons or daughters viewed in relation to their parents

Alexander Campbell understood that to mean that Jesus was NOT a son until He was Born. Because Jesus was in the "loins" of Abraham as seed or SPERM it might be extreme to call sperm a son or daughter as Catholics do even though girls at birth may have a million eggs ready to be brought into being--even sparked.

Luke 2:7 And SHE brought forth HER firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

He was not acknowledged as a SON of God until after He obeyed and was baptized. Now, wasn't Luke stupid for not saying that She broth forth GOD? Why would God be so crude when He could have just jumped into the closest carpenter's body?

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on January 19th, 2017, 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 19th, 2017, 7:32 pm #7

Acts 20
28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on January 19th, 2017, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scripture
Scripture

January 20th, 2017, 4:03 am #8

Did Jesus purchase individuals or "the church" with his own blood?
How did the holy Spirit make the elders into overseers? Was this a miraculous transformation or an educational action?

January 20th, 2017, 6:21 am #9

It's off to bed for me but my view is that if you remove the "the" the elders are qualified by their own spirit which is pure or holy.

William
William

January 20th, 2017, 7:11 am #10

Acts 20

How curious that we would seek controversy over this. Synonymous in the NT, obviously, as would be Assembly of God or Assembly of Christ. In fact, early Christians were also known as Nazarenes, as in the sect of the Nazarenes with no protest. In the Arabic lands the general term for Christian is the near equivalent to Nazarene.
However, there are realities of a different sort here in the USA. Those realities are legalities. We have no patent or trademark on the eponym "Church of Christ", however "Church of God" may be trademarked, and perhaps also "Assembly of God", "Church of the Nazarene". There was a legal battle between the Church of God (Cleveland, TN) and the divergent group that became the "Church of God of Prophecy", for instance.