January 24th, 2017, 12:21 am #21

Acts 20
28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Bad translation? Slip up?

OR, without a shadow of a doubt.....the INSPIRED Word of GOD!!!

HALELLUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever heard the saying 'what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine?'
Jealousy is a terrible thing to bear!

<font face="arial" size="4">Why had you rather watch some limpy wimpy burger pontificationg and musicating than to learn what Silly Sally would know from attending Greek theater.
</font>

Scripture
Scripture

January 24th, 2017, 12:47 am #22

The etymology of "church" is "the Lord's house" . So it may be redundant to speak of the church of Christ since Christ is lord. Assembly is a better word. Of course we just equate church with ecclesia, Gk. Word that captures it all,"the called". Gk roots lead us to a deeper meaning.

Dave
Dave

January 24th, 2017, 2:27 pm #23

Ken,
Do you even look at the subject before you post? Most of the time, since it is totally irrelevant to present discussion and theme, I just thought you might not even look at the subject. Just wondering.

January 24th, 2017, 4:34 pm #24

Acts 20
28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Bad translation? Slip up?

OR, without a shadow of a doubt.....the INSPIRED Word of GOD!!!

HALELLUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever heard the saying 'what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine?'
The title of the thread is a hack attack against Christ Who said that He would build or EDUCATED His Church. Without going any further we might pass righteous judgment upon those who refuse to let Jesus Die to be the only Teacher of Feeder of His flock.

Part of our pursuit of minimal minimins (a good word for classical readers whom mocked people using music as a parasitic and rejected profession) MIGHT occur to the beginner as to define CHURCH which is not speaking where the Bible speaks. If you will read again we are defining Ekklesia and Synagogue used by Jesus and the Bible writers.

If you can't stomach defining Church you are most likely to fall into the MOTHER'S arms.

Matthew 16:[18] et ego dico tibi quia tu es Petrus et super hanc petram aedificabo ecclesiam meam et portae inferi non praevalebunt adversum eam

Matthew 16:18 kagō de soi legō hoti su ei Petros, kai epi tautē tē petra oikodomēsō mou tēn ekklēsian, kai pulai hadou ou katiskhusousin autēs:

1Tim. 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of THE TRUTH
1Tim. 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from THE FAITH, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

THE FAITH is THE LOGOS or Regulative Principle. If you build YOUR house upon rhetoric, money, singing, playing instruments or anything beyond THE WORD then you are not a Church OF Christ but the Synagogue of Satan who "speaks on his own."

Ekklesiaon is to "hold a debate" having thus deliberated, summon considerations before one's mind, Hold Sunagogen

Numbers 10:7Lev. 8:3 And gather thou all the congregation together unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation
But when the congregation is to be gathered together, H6950 ye shall blow, but ye shall not sound an alarm.

The Alarm was musically attacking Jesus hoping to turn Him into a Coward:

<font face="arial" size="5">That is the LAW imposed even in the wilderness for the Church in the Wilderness. Many passages including Acts 7 explains for those who honor the LOGOS as God's Regulative Principle which EXCLUDES "persons" who go beyond the command to Rest, Read and Rehearse the Word of God called the Holy Convocation.

Amos and Stephen loudly declare that it because of Vocal and Instrumental Idolatry that the Church was QUARANTINED the Godly Jews from the Jacob-Cursed and God-Abandoned Levites. The Civil-Military-Clergy as the PATTERN for progressive churches were turned over to worship the Starry Host including Apollon-Abaddon as a Sun God and SENT into captivity and death.

<font face="arial" size="5">That was THE PATTERN which then and now identified An Ekklesia or Synagogue as a School (only) of the Word (only). Jesus added the Lord's supper which shows forth or preaches HIS DEATH which among Disciples silences everyone but men like Jesus who STOOD UP to read and then decently and in order sat down.

Acts 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that PREACH him, being READ in the synagogues every SABBATH day.

READ and SPEAK are the only operative words for an EKKLESIA or SYNAGOGUE which were called READING ASSEMBLIES. God's REST is the PATTERN as the only way to HOBBLE and MARK anyone who calls you to a CULT operated full time claiming to be Christian. Neither civil or religious ekklesia or synagogue had any CALL on the time or money after they assembled to mutually READ and CONFESS God and His Word to govern them in the rest of the week.

</font></font>

Dave
Dave

January 24th, 2017, 5:56 pm #25

Ken said "The Alarm was musically attacking Jesus hoping to turn Him into a Coward:..."

I rest my case.

Scripture
Scripture

January 24th, 2017, 8:03 pm #26

The big question is concerning the nature of the assembly.

One is that it is an institution that is separate and above the individual members, That is, it is an intermediary between God and man, with the offices of the church having authority through the Word but having more authority than its members. This is the sense that the church was purchased long ago, and it is the active saving agent, an intermediary through the saving Christ and the saved one. One problem with this view is that the church begins to assert authority beyond that authority delegated to Christ. Matthew 28:18.

A more individual explanation is that the "purchase of the church through his own blood" refers not to the purchase of an institution, but of the purchase of individuals one at a time through his own blood. In this sense the blood of Jesus continues to purchase the church through the redemption of converts. This view accentuate the relationship between the saved individual and the redeeming Christ.

Paul does seem to edge toward the institutional view, but he is never very far from the purchasing nature of the Christ, working in our salvation.

Bill
Bill

January 24th, 2017, 9:56 pm #27

Ken said "The Alarm was musically attacking Jesus hoping to turn Him into a Coward:..."

I rest my case.
I think regular visitors to this site well know by now that just about all of Ken's posts focus on two themes, regardless of the topics being discussed: mythology and trashing all forms of music in the worship assembly.

January 24th, 2017, 11:25 pm #28

And polytheists antichrists!

Bill
Bill

January 25th, 2017, 12:05 am #29

In addition to fixating on mythology and trashing all music, Ken's posts include a few recurring phrases...

"liars and antichrists"

"lying in wait to deceive"

"the lake of fire"

Now if you're able to wade through Ken's convoluted verbiage, you'll note that he uses these phrases to convey the following sentiment: All those who do not embrace Ken's personal theology are liars and antichrists who are lying in wait to deceive. They will surely be damned to hell and will burn in the lake of fire.

That's about the size of it.

January 25th, 2017, 12:31 am #30

Bill and his LU crowd says that GOD CAME IN THE FLESH

1John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father AND the Son.

The word AND proves that the SON is not the FATHER.

1John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus [not a God Word] Christ [not a God Word]is come in the flesh
is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2John 7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.