Church doesn't work because Preachers Work: There is NOT role for them.

July 14th, 2011, 9:34 pm #1

I try to be charitable but I just don't have it in me any more. I want to tell you something which I can prove:

There is no "job" called preaching in a congregations and therefore there is no role for a preacher.

Professional Clergy -- Hired Preachers

http://www.piney.com/ChMinistry.html

This is an Index to the important historic documents repudiating any clergy role.

Even if you could prove it, there is no DOLE for being an "evangelists" in a local sense. Even in a GOING sense Paul's examples means that a temple servant got a daily dole of food when he was on duty. A plowing oxen nibbled WHEN he was threshing your grain.

"Paul says that he 'robbed' other churches, he took from them what he should really not have taken, namely 'sustenance.' 'Wages' is too liable to be misunderstood as meaning regular pay,

which Paul never took from any church. This was a fixed principle with him."

"The noun has no article and means some sustenance.' It denotes a gift that was sent to him after had left those churches, which he could, therefore, not refuse. Yet even then he felt that he was robbing those churches,

letting them press something upon him which he would not let the Corinthians press upon him." (Lenski, 2 Cor. p. 1250).

"These men had funds and came to Paul's assistance.

This is sometimes taken to mean that they brought Paul a collection from Philippi or from Macedonia,

but the words contain no hint of a collection." (Lenski, 2 Cor. p. 1251).

"These so-called apostles are not in Paul's view genuine apostles at all, but only spurious counterfeits of whom his church should beware. Paul is therefore extremely scornful of those 'false' (2 Cor. 11:13) or, as he ironically describes them, 'superior' apostles (12:11),

who go beyond the boundaries of their commission
and give themselves a position in local churches to which they have no right.

Such men, he says, 'commend themselves' (10:12, 18), 'compare themselves with one another' (v. 12) and 'boast beyond the limits in other men's labours' (v. 15).

In order that the churches 'may make much of them' (Gal. 4:17) they 'put on airs', 'take advantage' of others, 'prey' upon them and, in effect, 'make slaves' of those they are to serve." (Banks, p. 174). (Banks, Robert, Paul's Idea of Community, Eerdmans, p. 174).

July 15th, 2011, 7:52 pm #2

Baruch Wrote:

http://www.piney.com/Baruch.html

Ba.3.23 Baruch

3:20- Young men have seen light, and dwelt upon the earth- but the way of knowledge have they not known,
21- Nor understood the paths thereof, nor laid hold of it- their children were far off from that way.
22- It hath not been heard of in Chanaan, neither hath it been seen in Theman.
23- The Agarenes [HAGARENES See also AGAR]. that seek wisdom upon earth,

the merchants of Meran and of Theman,
the authors of fables, and searchers out of understanding;
none of these have known the way of wisdom, or remember her paths.

24- O Israel, how great is the house of God! and how large is the place of his possession!
25- Great, and hath none end; high, and unmeasurable.
26- There were the giants famous from the beginning,
........that were of so great stature, and so expert in war.
27- Those did not the Lord choose,
........ neither gave he the way of knowledge unto them-

28- But they were destroyed, because they had no wisdom, and perished through their own foolishness.
29- Who hath gone up into heaven, and taken her (Wisdom, Sophia), and brought her down from the clouds?
30- Who hath gone over the sea, and found her, and will bring her for pure gold?
31- No man knoweth her way, nor thinketh of her path.

Mutholog-ikos , ê, on,
A. poetical, inventive, Pl.Phd. 61b.

Plato, Phaedo 61b] before making sure that I had done what I ought, by obeying the dream and composing verses. So first I composed a hymn to the god whose festival it was; and after the god, considering that a poet, if he is really to be a poet, must compose myths and not speeches, since I was not a maker of myths, I took the myths of Aesop, which I had at hand and knew, and turned into verse the first I came upon. So tell Evenus that, Cebes, and bid him farewell, and tell him, if he is wise, to come after me as quickly as he can.
ClassPlatoPhaedo.html

Mtholog-ia , hê,
A. romance, fiction, ib.394b, al.; hoi logoi kai hai m. Id.Hp.Ma.298a .
2. legend, Corn.ND8.
II. story-telling, Pl. Lg.752a, Plu.2.133e (pl.).

Plato, Hippias Major: [298a] For surely beautiful human beings, Hippias, and all decorations and paintings and works of sculpture which are beautiful, delight us when we see them; and beautiful sounds and music in general and speeches and stories do the same thing, so that if we were to reply to that impudent fellow, "My excellent man, the beautiful is that which is pleasing through hearing and sight," don't you think that we should put a stop to his impudence?

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on July 15th, 2011, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.