Children perform with instrument track at Madison

July 19th, 2012, 3:53 am #1

Tonight Madison canceled Wednesday bible classes to show the movie "Horton Hears a Who" in the auditorium at something called Hollywood Comes to Madison. If you haven't heard of this, they play movie clips on the screens while Phil Barnes jumps in and tells moral lessons he sees in the clips.

Before the movie started, they called all the children to the stage. An instrumental music track started playing a contemporary Christian song and two women started leading the kids in singing and dancing to the song.

Maybe some adults would say this was entertainment and not a church service. But I doubt most of the children on stage knew the difference and I'm pretty sure they will no longer learn it at Madison.

July 23rd, 2012, 8:30 pm #2

Consider that God has said that his word is truth - that we are to teach and preach it without ceasing.

That which is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our way should not be covered up by the shallowness and
ambiguous ideas of men.

It is not within man to direct his own steps....

For His thoughts are higher than our thoughts as the heavens are higher than the earth...

The use of some vague moral lessons from a mans mind is in no way an acceptable replacement for Bible study.

Comments Welcome

B
B

July 26th, 2012, 12:09 pm #3

Speaking of "Hollywood comes to churches," I've heard of churches showing episodes of The Andy Griffith Show as "teaching" tools. I guess those churches think Andy is a better teacher than the Bible. And now that Andy has passed on, churches may "honor" him by showing a bunch of his reruns.

Madison Rules
Madison Rules

July 26th, 2012, 12:50 pm #4

Tonight Madison canceled Wednesday bible classes to show the movie "Horton Hears a Who" in the auditorium at something called Hollywood Comes to Madison. If you haven't heard of this, they play movie clips on the screens while Phil Barnes jumps in and tells moral lessons he sees in the clips.

Before the movie started, they called all the children to the stage. An instrumental music track started playing a contemporary Christian song and two women started leading the kids in singing and dancing to the song.

Maybe some adults would say this was entertainment and not a church service. But I doubt most of the children on stage knew the difference and I'm pretty sure they will no longer learn it at Madison.
John Smith,
Did you hear the moral lesson? If so, please comment on how it was vague?
When you, John Smith, preach the Word of God to anyone, are you not preaching a moral lesson?

Definition of moral....
of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes.

John Smith, what/who are the basic principles of morality founded on? That's right....GOD!!!

I really don't understand those who claim to be followers of Christ yet time after time all you hear from them is negative comments. Look to Christ for the answers...now HE was positive.

July 27th, 2012, 3:44 am #5

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]David Fields,

May I suggest you choose a different ID -- something that identifies you more appropriately (like "Clemson Rules"). What about "Hollywood Rules"? Then, feel free to discuss issues concerning Madison or other churches that choose to trick than to teach the unadulterated gospel of Christ to both the young and the old.[/color]

B
B

July 27th, 2012, 4:03 am #6

John Smith,
When you, John Smith, preach the Word of God to anyone, are you not preaching a moral lesson?

Definition of moral....
of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes.

John Smith, what/who are the basic principles of morality founded on? That's right....GOD!!!

I really don't understand those who claim to be followers of Christ yet time after time all you hear from them is negative comments. Look to Christ for the answers...now HE was positive.
Actually, a person can be "moral" and not believe in God at all. Plenty of atheists are "moral," law-abiding citizens who do the "right thing" as far as their interaction with society, yet they deny the existence of God.

Being "moral" does not guarantee that a person is a Christian; s/he could be Muslim, Hindu, or what have you. Yet a true Christian is also a moral person.

B
B

July 27th, 2012, 1:21 pm #7

John Smith,

Definition of moral....

When Bible believers call the change agents to task for their unscriptural doctrines, the change agents holler, "All you can do is make negative comments about us! Why can't you ever be positive?"

There can never be positive comments for people who claim to be Christians but who add to, take from, change, or alter the teachings of Jesus and His apostles in the New Testament. Jesus certainly had no positive comments for them. In Matt. 7:21-27, Jesus tells us that not everyone who calls Him Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only those who do the will of the Father. In those verses the parable of the two houses, one built on the rock and one built on the sand, illustrates that those who heed Jesus' teachings are wise and will stand, whereas those who do not heed Him are foolish and will fall. Luke 6:46 and the verses that follow say the same thing: "And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" You cannot be a follower of Jesus unless you are willing to accept and heed His teachings AS WRITTEN in the New Testament.

October 15th, 2012, 10:09 pm #8

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]There's probably "no turning back" to the basic, fundamental truth. Interpret that to mean that the devil wins when permitted and when the sword of the Spirit is rejected and denied its use.

OK, the Praise Team has now/finally invaded the declining "traditional" group -- the remaining "conservative" group after members had left Madison in droves by the end of 2001. Yet, the leadership must be convinced that Madison is destined to be all-contemporary, as soon as the senior saints become a "past" generation.

That is unfortunate! That may even explain the most recent, seeming decline in the overall weekly attendance. (It's been over a decade since the last display of "worship" attendance records from both 8:00 and 10:30 assemblies. At that time, it was a matter of a choice of time between the early bird and the late bird. Remember?????????)

Also, unfortunately, is the "work in progress" evident in the "contemporary worship." Let me explain:

On Sunday, 10/14/12, after the "Shepherd's Prayer," there was the last "praise music" titled "Days of Elijah." I wish I had the time to display the sheet with the musical notes and the lyrics where "There's no God like Jehovah" is unbelievably repeated 15 times, each time in crescendo with clapping. OK, visually, here it is in the chorus[? I think]:[/color]
... ... ...
There's no God like Jehovah,
There's no God like Jehovah!
... ... ...
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Get the visualization? I am not opposed to repetition of a line. But I wish you could actually listen to how it was sung.

Besides, the performers (worship leaders) were on stage:
[/color]<ol>[*][color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]The long-haired, hippie-looking [sorry, no offense here, personally] "worship leader" with his personal microphone.[/color]
</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]The lady in pants [probably a member of the "Praise Team"] with her handclapping and body-of-a-performer gyrations and her hand-held personal microphone.[/color]
</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]The one who led the "Shepherd's Prayer" [performance left to your imagination] with his own hand-held microphone.[/color]</li>[/list]
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Although this was the final song [wished you could have witnessed it all], this is what's happening at Madison's "contemporary" gathering. A scriptural message turned into a CONCERT PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!

Execute that same performance at the now-traditional assembly.[/color]

Anonymous (Dave)
Anonymous (Dave)

October 15th, 2012, 10:29 pm #9

Donnie said..."The long-haired, hippie-looking [sorry, no offense here, personally] "worship leader" with his personal microphone."

I would care to suggest that he wouldn't take it personally......considering the source. That was beyond pathetic.

No telling what you would have said if you saw Jesus with long-hair and sandals.

Oh yea, and strike three from this anonymous poster....you cannot know for certain who the poster is if they don't divulge their names......like B.

Good riddance.

=====================================

"Anonymous" is Dave Fields.
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on October 15th, 2012, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 15th, 2012, 11:02 pm #10

The "lady" is tasked to bring you into a sexual-like experience with a "spirit."

When you see the WOMAN leading the Lusted After Fruits you are ALMOST THERE. Rejoice and be glad.

Revelation 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

The Woman RIDES the Beast and Theiron specificially points to two-legged people of the ANIMAL kingdom. It means "A New Style of music or drama." and the PERFORMERS led by the Woman are making the sounds of God driving them into hell: the lake of fire because they are SORCERERS.

Revelation 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
Revelation 18:22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
Revelation 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

The SORCERERS led by the fallen Mother Goddess along with the DOGS and LIARS are on their way to the Lake of Fire: beginning to be consumed by their breath of their mouths.

Paul OUTLAWED "preside over women" (even with a tune) and left this is a WAY OF ESCAPE: to Mark and Avoid. John knew what everyone knew: the BINDING of performance religion and sexuality

"Where there is no music, the spirit will not come." This West African proverb daily greets the divinity students in the Introduction to Preaching course taught by Brad R. Braxton, Assistant Professor of Homiletics and Biblical Studies at Wake Forest University. Explained Braxton,

"fundamentally, in African American worship, music serves the role of conjuring God's spirit...

When Black folks get together, they don't necessarily assume that God is there or that the conditions are ripe for God's presence to be manifest But rather, the conditions have to be made ready through fervent prayer and soul-stirring music. So, music creates the conditions for a meaningful encounter with God." Trevón D. Gross, Vice President for Programs and Partnerships of the American Bible Society (New York), says it another way,

"it is through music that we ascend and God descends."
"Agreeing with the sentiment expressed by Gross, Cunningham asserts that churches exclusively using a hymnal can have a rousing worship experience

facilitated by traditional gospel music. "You can take Because He Lives from the hymnal and make a person shed a lot of tears." How true. Lisa R. Foeman

http://www.piney.com/DocEuripBacc.html

"And Euripides does likewise, in his Bacchae, citing the Lydian usages at the same time with those of Phrygia, because of their similarity:
<font color="#FFFFFF">......
But ye who left Mt. Tmolus (Sardis was on this mt.), fortress of Lydia,
......revel-band of mine, women whom I brought from the land of barbarians as my assistants and travelling companions,
......uplift the tambourines native to Phrygian cities, inventions of mine and mother Rhea. (ZOE)

And again, happy he who, blest man, initiated in the mystic rites, is pure in his life, . . .
......who, preserving the righteous orgies of the great mother Cybele,
......and brandishing the thyrsus on high, and wreathed with ivy, doth worship Dionysus.
Come, ye Bacchae, COME, ye Bacchae, bringing down (double entendre) Bromius, (boisterous one)
......god the child of god, out of the Phrygian mountains into the broad highways of Greece.

I have noted that they are not engaging in sin for which there is no redemption: They are sinning as a way to MARK themselves as evil spirits OF THE WORLD Gary Holloway is now waged to promote.
</font>