Children perform with instrument track at Madison

October 18th, 2012, 7:43 pm #31

The lack of primary analysis, loss of reasoning from basic fundamentals, is the danger of the Churches of Christ falling into "community church" delirium.

We lose our credibility, our counter to a corrupt national system, our support for and defense of "differentness".

The appalling lack of knowledge of Restoration, Reformation, Early Church, and Medieval history is destructive and practically deadly.

These shortcomings hurt our understanding of the New Testament.

The tie-in of scriptures with the knowledge of Antiquity hinders our understanding of the Old Testament.
we should never assume that the masses of religionists are just biblically, historically and ethically ignorant. Jesus said that the Devil speaks on his own and his sons don't have much option. All of the space and supernatural movies have made it dangerous to really believe that there are evil forces at work in the universe.

Quoting Rick Atchley etal it is clear that they have DELIBERATELY twisted Scripture and seduced the youth to want and need music even in church time "to teach the youth to leave our movement." Anyone who can read Scripture and history knows that they have to be terminally ignorant or terminally evil. Jesus warned us not to go out there.

Jesus also warned us that they will not hear the truth.

November 12th, 2012, 4:58 am #32

Tonight Madison canceled Wednesday bible classes to show the movie "Horton Hears a Who" in the auditorium at something called Hollywood Comes to Madison. If you haven't heard of this, they play movie clips on the screens while Phil Barnes jumps in and tells moral lessons he sees in the clips.

Before the movie started, they called all the children to the stage. An instrumental music track started playing a contemporary Christian song and two women started leading the kids in singing and dancing to the song.

Maybe some adults would say this was entertainment and not a church service. But I doubt most of the children on stage knew the difference and I'm pretty sure they will no longer learn it at Madison.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]In today's sermon (11/11/12) titled "Ignition: Flame Retardant," Barnes quoted from Daniel 3:1,4-5. (Note that I have frequently used this passage to prove the evil use of musical instruments that certain of God's "followers" have "borrowed" from the pagans.)[/color]
Daniel 3:1-10 (KJV)
  • [1] Nebuchadnezzar the king made an image of gold, whose height was threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof six cubits: he set it up in the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon.
    </li>
  • [2] Then Nebuchadnezzar the king sent to gather together the princes, the governors, and the captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellers, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, to come to the dedication of the image which Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up.
    </li>
  • [3] Then the princes, the governors, and captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellers, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, were gathered together unto the dedication of the image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up; and they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up.
    </li>
  • [4] Then an herald cried aloud, To you it is commanded, O people, nations, and languages,
    </li>
  • [5] That at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king hath set up:
    </li>
  • [6] And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth shall the same hour be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.
    </li>
  • [7] Therefore at that time, when all the people heard the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and all kinds of musick, all the people, the nations, and the languages, fell down and worshipped the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up.
    </li>
  • [8] Wherefore at that time certain Chaldeans came near, and accused the Jews.
    </li>
  • [9] They spake and said to the king Nebuchadnezzar, O king, live for ever.
    </li>
  • [10] Thou, O king, hast made a decree, that every man that shall hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, shall fall down and worship the golden image:</li>
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]How could Barnes miss to associate the use of musical machines as a form of musical idolatry with the idolatrous worship of the golden image?

Or, was Phil Barnes reminding the congregants that instrumental music is soon coming to the Worship Entertainment Center NEAR you?
[/color]

Scripture
Scripture

November 12th, 2012, 5:13 am #33

I noticed also that it was right in his face.

Hey, I've got a good idea--bring back the Northfield preacher, and although the congregation there has grown by about 25 percent each year, and let him have Madison.

He would even take the time to notice the "musical instruments" and say that this was not a correlated factor.

Then they can expect to grow 25 percent.

Right?

November 12th, 2012, 5:31 pm #34

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]In today's sermon (11/11/12) titled "Ignition: Flame Retardant," Barnes quoted from Daniel 3:1,4-5. (Note that I have frequently used this passage to prove the evil use of musical instruments that certain of God's "followers" have "borrowed" from the pagans.)[/color]
Daniel 3:1-10 (KJV)
  • [1] Nebuchadnezzar the king made an image of gold, whose height was threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof six cubits: he set it up in the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon.
    </li>
  • [2] Then Nebuchadnezzar the king sent to gather together the princes, the governors, and the captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellers, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, to come to the dedication of the image which Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up.
    </li>
  • [3] Then the princes, the governors, and captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellers, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, were gathered together unto the dedication of the image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up; and they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up.
    </li>
  • [4] Then an herald cried aloud, To you it is commanded, O people, nations, and languages,
    </li>
  • [5] That at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king hath set up:
    </li>
  • [6] And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth shall the same hour be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.
    </li>
  • [7] Therefore at that time, when all the people heard the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and all kinds of musick, all the people, the nations, and the languages, fell down and worshipped the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up.
    </li>
  • [8] Wherefore at that time certain Chaldeans came near, and accused the Jews.
    </li>
  • [9] They spake and said to the king Nebuchadnezzar, O king, live for ever.
    </li>
  • [10] Thou, O king, hast made a decree, that every man that shall hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, shall fall down and worship the golden image:</li>
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]How could Barnes miss to associate the use of musical machines as a form of musical idolatry with the idolatrous worship of the golden image?

Or, was Phil Barnes reminding the congregants that instrumental music is soon coming to the Worship Entertainment Center NEAR you?
[/color]
Donnie you have two options:
First, is it possible that Phil is trying to warn the pseudo-elders a Biblical elder gets no opinions: the command is to teach that which has been taught.

Second, if my thesis holds fast, the people KNOW that they are driving the people into idolatry and in their perverted minds use the Daniel bowing to "Lucifer" as AUTHORITY to go and do likewise.

Remember that God abandoned the Jacob-cursed Levites to worship the same starry host as in Babylon.

If being abandoned is not enough, the Spirit of Christ in the prophets says that God DID NOT command the king (serpent-elder), kingdom, temple, animal sacrifices or 'instrumental worship.' God commanded the Levite "praise team" to stand in military ranks and KILL any godly Jew who came near or into any of their "holy places."

And Rick Atchley etal said that "a" spirit told them that GOD commanded instrumental praise for this church and WE will not be disobedient.

The result is that they are strongly deluded and the PROOF is "lying wonders" meaning performance operations CLAIMING that they are from God. In fact, they are not making any decisions: at the same time Christ returns to remove the slick preachers, singers and instrument players (sorcerers) out of the church He also visits for the last time and removes the lamps or "seven spirits of God" all spirits OF Divine truth.

The "praise" word is THE MARK that they are bowing to the Sun God in response to the sound of the instruments.

JimmyJoe
JimmyJoe

November 12th, 2012, 11:31 pm #35

I noticed also that it was right in his face.

Hey, I've got a good idea--bring back the Northfield preacher, and although the congregation there has grown by about 25 percent each year, and let him have Madison.

He would even take the time to notice the "musical instruments" and say that this was not a correlated factor.

Then they can expect to grow 25 percent.

Right?
Donnie and Scripture, I have an even better idea. Why don't both of you preach at both services on a given Sunday and set this congregation on the straight and narrow. That way you can reach most of the members, as everyone is not always there, but it would be more beneficial than just using this web site. Although I still check in occasionally, most of the members that I speak to about this site respond with "say what". It is amazing when one is so absorbed with one subject you can only hear one thing in an entire sermon and still take it out of context. Donnie, I guess since the service was offically over and it was during the announcements that the Veterans were recognized on Veterans Day that it was acceptable.

By the way, the next time you are so bored with the service that you have to count how many times a certain word is used in a prayer or sermon try counting the word the. That should keep you busy for a while.

I keep telling myself not to respond to these post but sometimes I just can't help myself. I hope you understand as I'm retired, winter is coming on, it gets dark early and sometimes I'm just plain bored. And as entertaining as it is most of the time and no matter how bored I get, I still skip over Ken's post.

November 13th, 2012, 2:15 am #36

Doesn't sound boring to me Jimmy Joe: If I could just be able to attend I bet I would get aroused by the gyrating girls. I don't think the screechy falsetto boys could do much for me.

I would have to ask the elders to do what one pastor wants to do: Just slip LSD into the communion juice and dispose of all of the LEGALISTIC HARD WORK learning, rehearsing, paying the make-up man and the hair dresser and then performing. Afterward, to fill in the week off to Dunkin Donuts to have a confession and flogging session over why Timmy Tinkle mussed up the polyrythmic hand clapping. Did I tell you that the clapping word is also used for vomiting? Hand clapping was ALWAYS to rebuke the loosers.

That's why your Master Elder Fella is so mad at being corrected that he will INSIST on increasing the PAIN and lying that the feeling is a spirit person messing with their private parts.

Besides, Jimmy Joy, I don't write with you in mind: I don't want to be charged with snapse collapse

Scripture
Scripture

November 13th, 2012, 4:01 am #37

Donnie and Scripture, I have an even better idea. Why don't both of you preach at both services on a given Sunday and set this congregation on the straight and narrow. That way you can reach most of the members, as everyone is not always there, but it would be more beneficial than just using this web site. Although I still check in occasionally, most of the members that I speak to about this site respond with "say what". It is amazing when one is so absorbed with one subject you can only hear one thing in an entire sermon and still take it out of context. Donnie, I guess since the service was offically over and it was during the announcements that the Veterans were recognized on Veterans Day that it was acceptable.

By the way, the next time you are so bored with the service that you have to count how many times a certain word is used in a prayer or sermon try counting the word the. That should keep you busy for a while.

I keep telling myself not to respond to these post but sometimes I just can't help myself. I hope you understand as I'm retired, winter is coming on, it gets dark early and sometimes I'm just plain bored. And as entertaining as it is most of the time and no matter how bored I get, I still skip over Ken's post.
The really bizarre event and tragic is that the Armistice was declared to occur on that day in 1918, and all knew that it was coming. The armistice was to take place at 11:00 a.m.

Killing continued right up to that minute.

Even with all knowing that peace was at 11:00 a.m., there continued to be attacks. Generals ordered their troops to take additional ground. And for what reason?

Our prayer go out for our Veterans. We wish them the best. But Armistice is desirable.

JimmyJoe
JimmyJoe

November 14th, 2012, 6:18 pm #38

Doesn't sound boring to me Jimmy Joe: If I could just be able to attend I bet I would get aroused by the gyrating girls. I don't think the screechy falsetto boys could do much for me.

I would have to ask the elders to do what one pastor wants to do: Just slip LSD into the communion juice and dispose of all of the LEGALISTIC HARD WORK learning, rehearsing, paying the make-up man and the hair dresser and then performing. Afterward, to fill in the week off to Dunkin Donuts to have a confession and flogging session over why Timmy Tinkle mussed up the polyrythmic hand clapping. Did I tell you that the clapping word is also used for vomiting? Hand clapping was ALWAYS to rebuke the loosers.

That's why your Master Elder Fella is so mad at being corrected that he will INSIST on increasing the PAIN and lying that the feeling is a spirit person messing with their private parts.

Besides, Jimmy Joy, I don't write with you in mind: I don't want to be charged with snapse collapse
Mr. Sublett,
Your attempt at humor addressing my intelligence was pretty sad. Although you got the name right at the beginning of your post either your eyesight or typing got progressively worse at the end. I guess it could just be advancing senility. As far as attending Madison and getting aroused, I feel that the only thing that would get you aroused is your own ego. You may respond if you so desire but this is my last post concerning you. I appologize for getting personal but my defense mechanism kicked in. I have wasted enough time today and now have better things to do.

November 21st, 2012, 10:20 pm #39

Donnie you have two options:
First, is it possible that Phil is trying to warn the pseudo-elders a Biblical elder gets no opinions: the command is to teach that which has been taught.

Second, if my thesis holds fast, the people KNOW that they are driving the people into idolatry and in their perverted minds use the Daniel bowing to "Lucifer" as AUTHORITY to go and do likewise.

Remember that God abandoned the Jacob-cursed Levites to worship the same starry host as in Babylon.

If being abandoned is not enough, the Spirit of Christ in the prophets says that God DID NOT command the king (serpent-elder), kingdom, temple, animal sacrifices or 'instrumental worship.' God commanded the Levite "praise team" to stand in military ranks and KILL any godly Jew who came near or into any of their "holy places."

And Rick Atchley etal said that "a" spirit told them that GOD commanded instrumental praise for this church and WE will not be disobedient.

The result is that they are strongly deluded and the PROOF is "lying wonders" meaning performance operations CLAIMING that they are from God. In fact, they are not making any decisions: at the same time Christ returns to remove the slick preachers, singers and instrument players (sorcerers) out of the church He also visits for the last time and removes the lamps or "seven spirits of God" all spirits OF Divine truth.

The "praise" word is THE MARK that they are bowing to the Sun God in response to the sound of the instruments.

You will remember that Christ defined the Synagogue or Church in the wilderness:
HE voted to stop the flute and harp-girls
So, as decent people, they could hold conversation.

Paul commanded the same thing which ANY DECENT society would do unless they wanted to make the lambs dumb before the slaughter. Don't be mistaken, this can NOT just be a case of ignorance.

Plato Protagoras
[347c] But if he does not mind, let us talk no more of poems and verses, but consider the points on which I questioned you at first, Protagoras, and on which I should be glad to reach, with your help, a conclusion. For it seems to me that arguing about poetry is comparable to the wine-parties of common market-folk. These people, owing to their inability to carry on a familiar conversation over their wine by means of their own voices and discussions--

James A. Towle, Commentary on Plato: Protagoras

Sumposiois: this custom is followed in Xen. Symp. 2. 1 erchetai tis autois epi kômon (revel) Surakosios anthrôpos, echôn te aulêtrida agathên kai orchêstrida (dancing-girl) tôn ta thaumata dunamenôn poiein kai paida panu ge hôraion kai panu kalôs kitharizonta kai orchoumenon. These show their skill during the whole banquet. Plato, however, has the same view as the one here, when he says Symp. 176 e eisêgoumai tên men arti eiselthousan aulêtrida chairein ean, aulousan heautêi, ê an boulêtai tais gunaixi tais endon, hêmas de dia logôn allêlois suneinai to têmeron

[347d] such is their lack of education--put a premium on flute-girls by hiring the extraneous voice of the flute at a high price, and carry on their intercourse by means of its utterance. But where the party consists of thorough gentlemen who have had a proper education, you will see neither flute-girls nor dancing-girls nor harp-girls, but only the company contenting themselves with their own conversation, and none of these fooleries and frolics--each speaking and listening decently in his turn,

suneimi: To be joined with, Intercourse is II. to have intercourse with a person, live with hêdonê, desires after pleasure, pleasant lusts, voluptuosus,

You will notice here and ALMOST all recorded history: no STRAIGHT male could ever be found dead singing, clapping or playing an instrument and gyrating around the state. History notes that such pathetic males were "drunk, perverted or just having fun mocking." In decent society

Plato in Republic Book III did not envision (nor did the Bible so translate) that such piping and strumming have any "abiding value" but as the Septuagint translates Amos, music was just "fleeting pleasure." In no sense did Plato permit the parasites of Lucian to take the place of the god:

Always Denounced: "If a man, then, it seems, [398a] who was capable by his cunning of assuming (pantomimic art) every kind of shape and imitating all things should arrive in our city, bringing with himself

the poems which he wished to exhibit, we should fall down and worship him as a holy and wondrous and delightful creature,

but (we) should say to him that there is no man of that kind among us in our city,
nor is it lawful for such a man to arise among us,

and we should send him away to another city,
after pouring myrrh down over his head and
crowning him with fillets of wool (taring and feathering him)

Always Approved: but we ourselves, for our souls' good, should continue to employ the more austere and less delightful poet and tale-teller,

who would imitate the diction of the good man and would tell his tale
in the patterns which we prescribed in the beginning,
when we set out to educate our soldiers."

We are not saying that this is the problem in all of the fractured churches of Christ: we are just saying that Bible and history knows of no exception.

Jesus OUTLAWED this as the laded burden and Paul outlawed it as SELF-pleasure as opposed to edification or education.

November 26th, 2012, 6:49 pm #40

Tonight Madison canceled Wednesday bible classes to show the movie "Horton Hears a Who" in the auditorium at something called Hollywood Comes to Madison. If you haven't heard of this, they play movie clips on the screens while Phil Barnes jumps in and tells moral lessons he sees in the clips.

Before the movie started, they called all the children to the stage. An instrumental music track started playing a contemporary Christian song and two women started leading the kids in singing and dancing to the song.

Maybe some adults would say this was entertainment and not a church service. But I doubt most of the children on stage knew the difference and I'm pretty sure they will no longer learn it at Madison.
Arniobus and all of the church scholars understood that institutions pretending to be Christian always fail because the performers are neutered by the Mother Goddess.

http://www.piney.com/FathArnoHeres1.html