Central Pointe Church of Christ, Duncanville Tx.

Reasoner
Reasoner

September 5th, 2005, 6:35 am #11

Central Pointe is on its way to being a denominational church. I guess the bigger the better is there philosophy. Whatever happen to saving souls? "Pastor" Dulin must have been re-baptized because we don't have pastors in the church of christ. I feel sorry for this church. They need much prayer. But, I din't know if that will even help.
Marie,

I drove seven hours just to attend the weekend of Praise and Thanksgiving at Central Pointe on July 2 and 3. I along with my singing group attended both services as did many people who traveled to Texas that weekend. Brother Dulin told all in attendance at the second worship service why he got rebaptized and gave scripture for his actions. Why does that bother you? Do you know that a couple of Apostles in the new testament also were rebaptized? Does that portion of the Bible offend you?

Before Central Pointe moved into their new building the fire marshall visted them on numerous occasions for being in violation. There were too many people in the building at one time. Even when they moved to having two morning services still, they were visited by the fire marshall because of over crowding. They went to a larger building. Why does that bother you?

You wrote "What about saving souls"? The mere fact that they outgrew their old building is an indication that they are bringing souls to Christ. God's word is being preached and the fruit bearing is evident. God is adding the increase and that seems to trouble you.
Why does Central Pointes' growth bother you?

As many others do, the congregation at central Pointe believes in praising God. Why do you feel sorry for them? God recieving the glory is something to shout about and rejoice over but you are troubled. Why??

You said that "they" need prayer but you doubt that prayer would help them. I am sorry that your prayer life is so fluid. I will pray for you.

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

September 6th, 2005, 1:51 am #12

Evon and Tee,

Would you please give me scripture for having a song leader? Would you also show me where the Bible says that the singing in the worship hour must be lead by one man?

Would you please give me scripture for who should pass the basket, or communion trays? Will I be condemned if my congregation has communion before the sermon and your congregation has it after the sermon?

Would you please give me scripture for having Ushers in the church and also that Ushers must be men?

I understand your opinion and I even understand your need to call your opinion THE TRUTH, but can we let the Bible have the last word on these issues? Can you use the Bible to answer my questions?

• <font color=red>Reasoner: Would you please give me scripture for having a song leader? Would you also show me where the Bible says that the singing in the worship hour must be lead by one man?</font>
Well, it stands to reason that the LOGIC of MANY LEADERS REPLACING ONE LEADER doesn't fit. If the practices have been to use ONE song leader and you decide to add a CHOIR then you intend to deliberately sow discord for the "idolatry of talent." You intend to DEMOTE men who also have talent but perhaps not the right "gender sound" so that you UTTERLY DESTROY the body life. The OWNERS are the slaves and the "ministers" become the masters. Once this begins the goal is to silence Bible preaching and the PREACHER might have to wear a tutu.

All of this is FUELED by the false teaching that churches of Christ just follow our TRADITIONALISM. You should know that A Capella was named "after the pipe organ" to fit the Sistine Chapel where it was not permitted to use instruments in the face of the Pope where OFFICIAL MASS was held. A capella means the Popes CASTRATED French 'Musical worship team' he brought from France.

All known literature marks religious musicians as perverse and perverting. I am not accusing but much of the congregation sees the MARK and that is why up to half flee leaving their "invest-uh-ments with Guuudddeee-uh in the HANDS of them what stole the church house of widows. There is no musical term or name of instrument in the Bible which is not a POINTER to innocent FEMALE children, Satan, people slaughtering types of Jesus Christ always OUTSIDE of the type of the church of Christ, warriors (David), prostitutes or Sodomites. No exception.

The fact is that ONE LEADER was called "the first heresy largely pervading the church." The APPROVED EXAMPLE of Jesus was that they simply repeated or cantillated a BIBLICAL psalm. If you obey the command of Jesus everyone will KNOW the Biblical text and you will not need a hand waver. Most gender-secure song leaders think of themselves as song STARTERS and not the performers.

The DIRECT COMMAND of Paul was that we not PLEASURE which word directly relates to arousal singing which was always perverted and perverting. THEN we can speak using ONE MIND and ONE MOUTH and glorify God by speaking THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN. EVERYONE knows that a non-charismatic (non perverted or non-theatrical) song leader is NOT going to induce charismatic ecstasy. EVERYONE Knows that the close harmony of a TRAINED choir deliberately induces ECSTASY which is called MADNESS. People intend to PLEASURE the paying audience and that violated the DIRECT COMMAND of Paul who defined the SYNAGOGUE in Romans 15 as a way to prevent the DISCORD when everyone follows their PREFERENCES.

Therefore, based on the INTENT of the TEAM and the RESULT of the team singing, you violate a DIRECT COMMAND of Paul in at least four ways:
  • 1. You INTEND to pleasure the people to lift them up or AROUSE them where SINGING was the best way to induce ecstasy. The word is related to HERESY. Paul said that Jesus would not do it: therefore, it is anti-Christian. Those who used the performing arts to arouse were doing heresy and they were called DEMAGOGUES. Bad foundation to build deliberate discord so you can be seen and admired.

2. You INTEND to ignore the approved example of Jesus in "hymning" or "grieving out" a Psalm, the direct commands of Paul to use ONE MIND and ONE VOICE and use THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN.

3. You INTEND to glorify the "idolatry of talent" and use that which the singy-clappy guys have composed to TRUMP the songs of Christ the Spirit.

4. You INTEND to deliberately sow discord because the SYNAGOGUE Jesus built and Paul defined would CREATE UNITY which is the meaning of UNISON SINGING.
The fact is that Paul defines singing which is the ODE which is the synagogue form of SPEAKING. The word ODE further defines PSALMOS as "in the form of cantillation." That was not truly music. How do I know? Because we know that "melody as tunefulness belongs to the 19th century." The end-time singers or MUSES are the LOCUSTS John warned us about: they have scorpion stingers in their tails and the PLEASURING is really PUNISHING THE SPIRIT.

The PURPOSE was to teach ONE ANOTHER the inspired Bible text: no one saw SINGING or the use of anything but the BIBLICAL TEXT which Paul commanded for over 350 years.

The more PERFORMERS of Twila Paris you have, the FURTHER REMOVED you are into violating the approved example and direct command of Paul and the UNIVERSALLY UNDERSTOOD view of the early church.

At least the traditional, 2,000 year old practice outside of the Catholic Presenter does not DELIBERATELY SOW DISCORD. To use "THERE IS NO LAW AGAINST IT" is by definition LEGALISTIC and for the purpose of SOWING DISCORD which IS defined as a terminal sin.
  • <font color=red>Reasoner: Would you please give me scripture for who should pass the basket, or communion trays? Will I be condemned if my congregation has communion before the sermon and your congregation has it after the sermon?</font>
They didn't PASS the basket, remember. Paul said that giving was free will and NOT a law. If they treacherous elders did not use THE LAW OF TITHING or THE LAW OF GIVING they could not USE women because they would LOOSE their enablers. That means that YOU cannot have the widow's food money or the children's health care money to PAY you to perform and lie that it is WORSHIP. That is the LUCIFER PRINCIPLE (or Zoe) which is called TRAFFICKING.

Paul COMMANDED that the women be silent, do not speak, do not teach. That also includes being SEDENTARY. To the literate that is a LAW AGAINST women passing the baskets or acting as ATTENDANTS or BUSTLING about.

The AUTHORITY word Paul used is AUTHENTIA. That means both erotic and murderous. If you USE women in a PERFORMANCE or non-sedentary role you KNOW BEFORE hand that you will SOW DISCORD and go against most of church history. You know that to EXPOSE your wives and daughters is to INVITE men to GIVE HEED to their beauty or ugliness or body parts so that YOU KNOW that it will be IMPOSSIBLE to give heed to Jesus Christ. The idea of being COVERED in the church would demand that a MALE husband or father would shield them from the staring eyes. Common LUSTING especially male-maie, female-male and male-female seems NORMAL but it is perverted.

Having non-sedentary, preside over women DOES violate a direct command of PAUL and a universal LAW OF LUST known by anyone with a IQ as long as their shoe lace.
  • <font color=red>Reasoner: Would you please give me scripture for having Ushers in the church and also that Ushers must be men? </font>
See above: a DIRECT COMMAND that the women be sedentary and silent. If ushers DELIBERATELY SOWED DISCORD then maybe we should attract "attendees" bright enough to seat themselves. You CANNOT DO synagogue of Christ where He teaches the "twos and threes" if you NEED an usher.
  • <font color=blue>Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 1 Tim 2:11

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 1Ti.2:12

Esuchia (g2271) hay-soo-khee'-ah; fem. of 2272; (as noun) STILLNESS, i.e. desistance from BUSTLE or language: - quietness, silence.

Bustle is: poipnuo, bustle about, of ATTENDANTS, make haste and sweep the house, labouring for the sake of me

Esuchios (g2272) hay-soo'-khee-os; a prol. form of a comp. prob. of a der. of the base of 1476 and perh. 2192; prop. keeping one's SEAT (sedentary), i.e. (by impl.) still (undisturbed, undisturbing): - peaceable, quiet.

Hedraios (g1476) hed-rah'-yos; from a der. of hezomai , (to sit); sedentary, i.e. (by impl.) immovable: - settled, stedfast</font>
    • Yes, wimpy burger, she can breath and sing but NOT clap because that means to VOMIT.
    <font color=blue>3. with Verbs, hêsuchian agein to keep quiet, be at rest, keep silent, Hdt., attic:--so hêsuchian echein Hdt., attic

Euripides, Alcestis uses it: What means this stillness before the palace? Why is the house of Admetus wrapped in silence?

Sigaô, keep silence, used by Hom. only in imper. siga, hush! BE STILL!</font>
If women are highly VISIBLE they are violating the direct commandments of Paul, the common sense of all of church history and the minimal consideration for the USED women and for the males who WILL BY DEFINITION be attracted to the females and NOT to be grieving with Jesus. And don't try to fool us: they speak about USING women because they KNOW that they will suck in the cash.

The concept of a PRAISE RITUAL with music is one of the most ancient, tribalistic, superstitious, ignorant and legalistic acts known to human history. The prophesier or musical agent was the OLDEST profession because it combined doing musical and literal sexuality with the gods whose agents were very often other males. The PERSONA has never changed.

Those who USE women are using the old Changeling-Hireling GRADUALISM called "navigating the winds of change." Once the people get adjusted or the OWNERS run for their lives the MISLEADERS have every intention of PROMOTING women to be deaconesses, elders and "ministry leaders" after the vocational deacons are fired. It's all prophesied.

The people BELIEVE that they can lead the "worshipers" into the presence of the gods, appease, threaten, feed and most often perform sexuality with the "gods" through the god's agents. Singers were ALWAYS known as the "harem of the gods." The word PSALLO from which the Ph.Duhs get their authority is UNIVERSALLY pointing in the literature to disturbed males trying to groom young boys who were the "ministers or priests of the Goddess" such as Zoe.

veronica
veronica

September 6th, 2005, 9:50 pm #13

I rejoice that I am no longer in bondage. That I have a new and better convenant with Christ Jesus. Also that I do have some freedom in Christ. The very same topics that have taken place on this web-site are the very reasons we have lost focus on bringing souls to Christ. We spend more time and effort on un-scriptual, unsupporting legalistic hold- backs such as song leaders and clapping and if a female can walk someone to their seat or not. If the Preacher can be called Minister, Preacher or Paster. Sounds like we are still on milk instead of meat. Still going over these issues when we should be past this and teaching others. This is a sad commentary for the Body of Christ. I can not beleive that you had the nerve to try and USE scriptures, which were all taken out of context, to try and support that foolish teaching. While your defining and breaking down words, look up the word praise, rejoice and gladdness of heart. From your studies have you really came up with the conclusion that God wants your worship with no emotion at all? We know that we will be judge according to the word of God, notby emotion that is a given. Where in the world did you get, that good singing will make such negative condemnation to the soul. In your worship are you constanly watching to make sure no one makes a wronge move? Don't you know you have been made free from such a worship.

To my sisters that came so far to visit the Central Point Church of Christ, did you share these concerns with the body there at Centeral Point? Did you say anything to your brother Dulin concerning worship ?
If you felt they were in error did you try to help anyone ? Of course you didn't. Its been said, silence is consent. Or did you run back to your home congregations telling what you saw. Then proceed to type your opinions onto this web-site. Examine yourselfs, I beleive this has placed you in a sinful state.

For the Mark of Zoe brother, If we, the Body of Christ were to follow your methodicial way of teaching, which is not the Lords. The women would be sitting in the back of the buildings during worship completly covered from head to foot. Condemn for saying "Amen" or making any other sounds during worship. Men like this is why the Church Of Christ has now become the smallest growing body, but the largest comdeming, but claiming to be spirtual one. That would try and have us to beleive we have no freedom in Christ Jesus. Still bound by custom and tradition, be ever so careful before you say Central Point Church Of Christ is in error. After using all the big words and trying to define all the text it seems you really have not studied at all. I will continue to pray for you.

Reasoner
Reasoner

September 8th, 2005, 3:25 am #14

• <font color=red>Reasoner: Would you please give me scripture for having a song leader? Would you also show me where the Bible says that the singing in the worship hour must be lead by one man?</font>
Well, it stands to reason that the LOGIC of MANY LEADERS REPLACING ONE LEADER doesn't fit. If the practices have been to use ONE song leader and you decide to add a CHOIR then you intend to deliberately sow discord for the "idolatry of talent." You intend to DEMOTE men who also have talent but perhaps not the right "gender sound" so that you UTTERLY DESTROY the body life. The OWNERS are the slaves and the "ministers" become the masters. Once this begins the goal is to silence Bible preaching and the PREACHER might have to wear a tutu.

All of this is FUELED by the false teaching that churches of Christ just follow our TRADITIONALISM. You should know that A Capella was named "after the pipe organ" to fit the Sistine Chapel where it was not permitted to use instruments in the face of the Pope where OFFICIAL MASS was held. A capella means the Popes CASTRATED French 'Musical worship team' he brought from France.

All known literature marks religious musicians as perverse and perverting. I am not accusing but much of the congregation sees the MARK and that is why up to half flee leaving their "invest-uh-ments with Guuudddeee-uh in the HANDS of them what stole the church house of widows. There is no musical term or name of instrument in the Bible which is not a POINTER to innocent FEMALE children, Satan, people slaughtering types of Jesus Christ always OUTSIDE of the type of the church of Christ, warriors (David), prostitutes or Sodomites. No exception.

The fact is that ONE LEADER was called "the first heresy largely pervading the church." The APPROVED EXAMPLE of Jesus was that they simply repeated or cantillated a BIBLICAL psalm. If you obey the command of Jesus everyone will KNOW the Biblical text and you will not need a hand waver. Most gender-secure song leaders think of themselves as song STARTERS and not the performers.

The DIRECT COMMAND of Paul was that we not PLEASURE which word directly relates to arousal singing which was always perverted and perverting. THEN we can speak using ONE MIND and ONE MOUTH and glorify God by speaking THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN. EVERYONE knows that a non-charismatic (non perverted or non-theatrical) song leader is NOT going to induce charismatic ecstasy. EVERYONE Knows that the close harmony of a TRAINED choir deliberately induces ECSTASY which is called MADNESS. People intend to PLEASURE the paying audience and that violated the DIRECT COMMAND of Paul who defined the SYNAGOGUE in Romans 15 as a way to prevent the DISCORD when everyone follows their PREFERENCES.

Therefore, based on the INTENT of the TEAM and the RESULT of the team singing, you violate a DIRECT COMMAND of Paul in at least four ways:
  • 1. You INTEND to pleasure the people to lift them up or AROUSE them where SINGING was the best way to induce ecstasy. The word is related to HERESY. Paul said that Jesus would not do it: therefore, it is anti-Christian. Those who used the performing arts to arouse were doing heresy and they were called DEMAGOGUES. Bad foundation to build deliberate discord so you can be seen and admired.

2. You INTEND to ignore the approved example of Jesus in "hymning" or "grieving out" a Psalm, the direct commands of Paul to use ONE MIND and ONE VOICE and use THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN.

3. You INTEND to glorify the "idolatry of talent" and use that which the singy-clappy guys have composed to TRUMP the songs of Christ the Spirit.

4. You INTEND to deliberately sow discord because the SYNAGOGUE Jesus built and Paul defined would CREATE UNITY which is the meaning of UNISON SINGING.
The fact is that Paul defines singing which is the ODE which is the synagogue form of SPEAKING. The word ODE further defines PSALMOS as "in the form of cantillation." That was not truly music. How do I know? Because we know that "melody as tunefulness belongs to the 19th century." The end-time singers or MUSES are the LOCUSTS John warned us about: they have scorpion stingers in their tails and the PLEASURING is really PUNISHING THE SPIRIT.

The PURPOSE was to teach ONE ANOTHER the inspired Bible text: no one saw SINGING or the use of anything but the BIBLICAL TEXT which Paul commanded for over 350 years.

The more PERFORMERS of Twila Paris you have, the FURTHER REMOVED you are into violating the approved example and direct command of Paul and the UNIVERSALLY UNDERSTOOD view of the early church.

At least the traditional, 2,000 year old practice outside of the Catholic Presenter does not DELIBERATELY SOW DISCORD. To use "THERE IS NO LAW AGAINST IT" is by definition LEGALISTIC and for the purpose of SOWING DISCORD which IS defined as a terminal sin.
  • <font color=red>Reasoner: Would you please give me scripture for who should pass the basket, or communion trays? Will I be condemned if my congregation has communion before the sermon and your congregation has it after the sermon?</font>
They didn't PASS the basket, remember. Paul said that giving was free will and NOT a law. If they treacherous elders did not use THE LAW OF TITHING or THE LAW OF GIVING they could not USE women because they would LOOSE their enablers. That means that YOU cannot have the widow's food money or the children's health care money to PAY you to perform and lie that it is WORSHIP. That is the LUCIFER PRINCIPLE (or Zoe) which is called TRAFFICKING.

Paul COMMANDED that the women be silent, do not speak, do not teach. That also includes being SEDENTARY. To the literate that is a LAW AGAINST women passing the baskets or acting as ATTENDANTS or BUSTLING about.

The AUTHORITY word Paul used is AUTHENTIA. That means both erotic and murderous. If you USE women in a PERFORMANCE or non-sedentary role you KNOW BEFORE hand that you will SOW DISCORD and go against most of church history. You know that to EXPOSE your wives and daughters is to INVITE men to GIVE HEED to their beauty or ugliness or body parts so that YOU KNOW that it will be IMPOSSIBLE to give heed to Jesus Christ. The idea of being COVERED in the church would demand that a MALE husband or father would shield them from the staring eyes. Common LUSTING especially male-maie, female-male and male-female seems NORMAL but it is perverted.

Having non-sedentary, preside over women DOES violate a direct command of PAUL and a universal LAW OF LUST known by anyone with a IQ as long as their shoe lace.
  • <font color=red>Reasoner: Would you please give me scripture for having Ushers in the church and also that Ushers must be men? </font>
See above: a DIRECT COMMAND that the women be sedentary and silent. If ushers DELIBERATELY SOWED DISCORD then maybe we should attract "attendees" bright enough to seat themselves. You CANNOT DO synagogue of Christ where He teaches the "twos and threes" if you NEED an usher.
  • <font color=blue>Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 1 Tim 2:11

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 1Ti.2:12

Esuchia (g2271) hay-soo-khee'-ah; fem. of 2272; (as noun) STILLNESS, i.e. desistance from BUSTLE or language: - quietness, silence.

Bustle is: poipnuo, bustle about, of ATTENDANTS, make haste and sweep the house, labouring for the sake of me

Esuchios (g2272) hay-soo'-khee-os; a prol. form of a comp. prob. of a der. of the base of 1476 and perh. 2192; prop. keeping one's SEAT (sedentary), i.e. (by impl.) still (undisturbed, undisturbing): - peaceable, quiet.

Hedraios (g1476) hed-rah'-yos; from a der. of hezomai , (to sit); sedentary, i.e. (by impl.) immovable: - settled, stedfast</font>
    • Yes, wimpy burger, she can breath and sing but NOT clap because that means to VOMIT.
    <font color=blue>3. with Verbs, hêsuchian agein to keep quiet, be at rest, keep silent, Hdt., attic:--so hêsuchian echein Hdt., attic

Euripides, Alcestis uses it: What means this stillness before the palace? Why is the house of Admetus wrapped in silence?

Sigaô, keep silence, used by Hom. only in imper. siga, hush! BE STILL!</font>
If women are highly VISIBLE they are violating the direct commandments of Paul, the common sense of all of church history and the minimal consideration for the USED women and for the males who WILL BY DEFINITION be attracted to the females and NOT to be grieving with Jesus. And don't try to fool us: they speak about USING women because they KNOW that they will suck in the cash.

The concept of a PRAISE RITUAL with music is one of the most ancient, tribalistic, superstitious, ignorant and legalistic acts known to human history. The prophesier or musical agent was the OLDEST profession because it combined doing musical and literal sexuality with the gods whose agents were very often other males. The PERSONA has never changed.

Those who USE women are using the old Changeling-Hireling GRADUALISM called "navigating the winds of change." Once the people get adjusted or the OWNERS run for their lives the MISLEADERS have every intention of PROMOTING women to be deaconesses, elders and "ministry leaders" after the vocational deacons are fired. It's all prophesied.

The people BELIEVE that they can lead the "worshipers" into the presence of the gods, appease, threaten, feed and most often perform sexuality with the "gods" through the god's agents. Singers were ALWAYS known as the "harem of the gods." The word PSALLO from which the Ph.Duhs get their authority is UNIVERSALLY pointing in the literature to disturbed males trying to groom young boys who were the "ministers or priests of the Goddess" such as Zoe.
Ken,

After reading your lengthy response, you still failed to answer any of my questions using God's Word.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 9th, 2005, 3:37 am #15

Reasoner

I agree with you about Ken.

CPCC Member
CPCC Member

September 9th, 2005, 1:56 pm #16

I visited the Central Pointe "church of Christ" this past weekend for their building dedication, and I saw some things that I thought were contrary to how God says we ought to worship him. Some of the things I noticed were:

1.) Women (whom the preacher refers to as his "Angels") ushering, and serving on the collection.

2.) Praise Teams ("Praise Leaders")

3.) The preacher was said to have been "re-baptized", once they got their new church building.

I know this is not right in the Church of Christ. Has anyone else observed these things???
I attend the Central Pointe Church of Christ and have since it's inception. Yes, we do have women ushers, yes, we do praise the Lord as we are commanded to do, however, I have never seen women taking up the collection. If you are going to state something with the implication that it is factual, you should make sure that what you're stating is true. In your study of scripture, do you not clearly read where lying is contrary to the word of God and where liers will go?

It is so unfortunate that we can't take the scripture and look at it as it was written and not try to impose our traditions and personal beliefs on to others to make them binding.

Instead of you saying that you don't think prayer will help our congregation, you need to turn those thoughts to yourself and pray for your understanding and discernment of scripture.

We will pray for you.

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

September 9th, 2005, 4:27 pm #17

Ken,

After reading your lengthy response, you still failed to answer any of my questions using God's Word.
What part of SILENT and SEDENTARY do you not understand?

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

September 9th, 2005, 11:19 pm #18

I attend the Central Pointe Church of Christ and have since it's inception. Yes, we do have women ushers, yes, we do praise the Lord as we are commanded to do, however, I have never seen women taking up the collection. If you are going to state something with the implication that it is factual, you should make sure that what you're stating is true. In your study of scripture, do you not clearly read where lying is contrary to the word of God and where liers will go?

It is so unfortunate that we can't take the scripture and look at it as it was written and not try to impose our traditions and personal beliefs on to others to make them binding.

Instead of you saying that you don't think prayer will help our congregation, you need to turn those thoughts to yourself and pray for your understanding and discernment of scripture.

We will pray for you.
Let's pretend that I am Biblically illiterate--a common assumption.

Now, you want me to attend your church and I have never heard that the Lord wants me to engage in a PRAISE RITUAL. You also want me to pay for the experience.

How would you convince me that you are speaking of the assembly of Christ?

Stop it!
Stop it!

September 10th, 2005, 4:58 pm #19

Ken,
From the aforementioned writings it's obvious that you are either a bible professor or one who is learned in biblical history, and probably the reason this website exists. Whatever the case may be Ken, speaking the truth in love is not your strong point. You words are vile and demeaning. The Christ I serve was direct, but never intending to denigrate anyone's character, but to bring them into the knowledge of what He wanted his followers to know about his mission and to share that with entire world (great commission). So what are the personal attacks about? Obviously you posses a demon. I would be afraid to ask you to share Jesus with anyone. I think you would give them one of your good old "tongue lashings" about what they believe and would never convince them that you love the Lord. Try some kindness when you speak, some people aren't as mature in the Lord, as maybe you are. Remember, there are others who are seeking truth, not dogma, not nasty words and inuendos and trying to belittle the reader or seeker.
I went to the Central Pointe' church on Sunday. I'm from Atlanta. I've never seen such a wonderful body of believers. My friend shared this website with me and I asked them would it be alright if I responded. The great commission said to go into all the world and guess what they are doing it like the book says. They even had 17 baptisms. Isn't that what we are supposed to be doing? It seems so stupid to me to be fighting about "ushers" and "praise leaders" and other things that bring unity to the body. But this website doesn't. We don't have any churches of Christ in Atlanta getting out there doing the will of God in this venue. Hungup on hangups, we're sill fighting about marriage and divorce and I'm 56 now. How long will we stumble over that?
And they (Central Pointe') fed about 150 persons after worship (some Hurricane survivors)and they are teaching the word my brother.
So let's STOP IT! Get on with saving souls as directed by scripture. And that incredible remark about the women keeping silent. Which church do you know operates without women? NONE that's right Ken you have the magic number.
I heard they started with 30 Ken. How many souls have you led to Christ and who do you preach for right now?

Stay faithful to Christ every reader and continue to do what's right Central Pointe' no matter which DEVIL comes at you cause I see they are everywhere. Seeking whom they may devour. Right Ken?

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

September 11th, 2005, 3:00 am #20

Let's pretend?

Let's pretend that I am Biblically illiterate--a common assumption.

Now, you want me to attend your church and I have never heard that the Lord wants me to engage in a PRAISE RITUAL. You also want to chase out the OWNERS so you can turn the SCHOOL OF CHRIST into a THEATER FOR "HOLY" ENTERTAINMENT. You don't know that the superstitious PRAISE word of David means to MAKE YOURSELF VILE. The prophets of Jezebel and of Asherah did PRAISE SERVICES.

How would you convince me that you are speaking of the assembly of Christ?

Jews, Muslims and atheists took care of people. People who don't use SUPERSTITIOUS PRAISE singing feed the poor. The church is a school of the Bible to feed the POOR IN SPIRIT because the enemy is not physical hunger: all of the failures in the Bible resulted from spiritual ignorance. The kingdom of Christ does not consist of FOOD AND DRINK: that is what you DID NOT DO during Wuurshup-uh time, right?

If you don't have the LORD AND HIS WORD with you then attack the person. You justification for deliberately sowing discord want hold water.

All kinds of ritualizing or musicating is CEREMONIAL LEGALISM: it didn't feed a single person.