CENI Commands Examples Inferences Part A + B + C + D

May 3rd, 2014, 7:29 pm #31

Donnie, remember The Shawshank Redemption? Andy Dufresne asked Warden Norton, "How can you be so obtuse...is it deliberate?"

Now, Donnie, since you are something of a "warden" at CM, are you deliberately being obtuse? It looks like I'll have to spell things out for you. Sarge's plea for "Sola Scriptura (only)" was in response to Ken's usual pitch about mythology, fables, and fairy tales. It appeared that Sarge wanted Ken to ditch all that nonsense and concentrate ONLY on Scripture. Surely Ken can "teach" without his endless references to mythology and fables, which do occupy much space in his posts.
But then Kens gotta do what Kens gotta do
So Sarge is a private and Privates have to stew.

No one gets a stripe without being literate
In reading, writing and Arithmetic.

Here are a couple of words Private should know to pass reading 101aaa to understand that his ARMY is fighting against knowledge which sets US free from musical instruments which are defined as "machines for doing work mostly in making war."

^Sarge
^Sarge

May 3rd, 2014, 7:31 pm #32

The most powerful weapon of those Paul in Ephesians 4 said LIE IN WAIT TO DECEIVE is to mock the Regulative Principle or the CENI principle. They think that it is the biggest joke in history to say that Jesus Christ as the Son of God and our Savior does not get the right to COMMAND other than by legalism: "Thou SHALT" or "Thou SHALT NOT." Unfortunately they do not grasp that when God ASSERTS "thou shalt" He is not under obligation to the theologians to say "thou shalt NOT.

It makes the spirit freeze in place to hear people say that "it doesn't matter." That's true: if it doesn't matter to them then it doesn't matter once you have slipped into the pit.

The last great command of Jesus before He died to get the right to be the only mediator-intercessor excluding songs and sermons and childish and effeminate body worship was:

Some here attempt to blend pagan myths with the Word of God. I was raised to honor and respect the Word of God. I am just a mere Southern Baptist visitor at CM and it is your show to manage. By all means "carry on".

May 3rd, 2014, 7:46 pm #33

They've been dead-end issues for several centuries AND now lately on CM. They'll ALWAYS be dead-end issues, because people will never entirely agree about them. For that matter, all Scriptural issues could lead to dead ends, because, again, people almost never entirely agree about them. That's why the expression "an exercise in futility" accurately describes discussing any Scriptural issue.

BTW, here's another "road" we've traveled several times: "We're not to sing hymns; we're to speak them"---another DEAD END.
No you are taking the liberties of EXTENDING my remarks.

I said that there is no command to SING hymns as four part harmony. It doesn't matter because you don't know of and have never heard of anyone SINGING Psalms, hymns and spiritual songs which are in the BOOK of Psalms with or without instruments.

I noted for the readers that Paul commanded that we SPEAK psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Everyone you know or have heard about literally SEES on the page the command to SING psalms, hymns and spiritual songs."

I told you that Jesus and the apostles did not SING (sang) A hymn which was not to be repeated until the next appointed hour at Passover next year after which the PASSOVER would cease and we should teach the Death of Jesus by the Lord's Supper. ONLY by being Classics Literature do we know that a hymn was called a PRAYER. By reading the Latin we know that they DICTO or SPOKE A (singular) hymn and maybe established a pattern by GOING OUT. Since the command is to SPEAK the text if we understand that "worship service" meant giving heed or attention to GOD by giving attention to His Word and not to a not so talented and maybe fat praise singer who sucks up all of our GIVING HEED and she loves to have it so.

I told you that there is nothing from Genesis to Revelation which is metrical and can be SUNG in a tuneful sense. Because the command is to SPEAK that which is written for our learning it is a very good thing that God didn't contradict Himself by giving us MUSICAL TEXT.

I told you that there is no example of the Biblical church singing A psalm when they gathered MANY times during Paul's Journeys. Was Paul ignorant or what.

I told you that MELODY is still a series of single notes and a melody at that time might be one note. Melody is NOT harmony and harmony in the GREEK (there we go again) meant usually two voices singing the SAME (in harmony) note: that is why Martin Luther understood Romans 15 as UNISON.

I told you that SINGING which was still not "tuneful" was not imposed as an ACT of liturgy until the year ad 373 and THEN so the unwashed bishop could sing HIS OWN HYMNS.

So, when we speak of the Bible never be self centered and think that I think that it is speaking of anyone you know or have heard about. Just READ IT FOR LEARNING and don't feel so threatened by the text that you have to call names.

May 3rd, 2014, 8:10 pm #34

Some here attempt to blend pagan myths with the Word of God. I was raised to honor and respect the Word of God. I am just a mere Southern Baptist visitor at CM and it is your show to manage. By all means "carry on".
Syncretism is blending pagan myths and practices with the School (only) of the Word (only) of Christ (only) in the Prophets and Apostles for BUILDING on the foundation that which will not be burned up.

How would YOU know about Pagan Myths unless I (yes, I) tried to define Pagan Myths. It turns out that MYTHS includes the introductions, jokes, or making up self-reference stories to ENHANCE verse 3d used as the preacher's TEXT. Logos or WORD is what one SPEAKS and cannot be a people: Logos outlaws such self-speaking, poetry, singing, playing, acting or dancing as AIDS to the word Christ commanded to be PREACHED by being READ to prevent even inflections as commentary. Elders in the synagogue were literally OVER the reader of the Text (only) to make certain that the reader did not add any umms, oohs, comments or even inflections which are powerful commentary. After the Educational Only assembly everyone went about their own work. Rabbi were usually around the synagogues and available as private teachers by private pay. The poor box was for the poor and widows: there is no Bible or early history which teachers otherwise.

I am not in the assembly but in my Man Cave with all of my books, computers, antique radios from crystal sets onward to my Grandfather's first electric radio. So, I am free to do what I would not teach when charging for the free water of the Word. There are Classic's High Schools.

I told you that Pagans believed that MUSIC could CHARM the gods and therefore exercise CONTROL over them. That is why you need the contemporaneous literature to AFFIRM the Bible which defines ANYTHING you do to ENHANCE the Word of God as SORCERY or WITCHCRAFT. You can exercise witchcraft by "boiling frogs" to hypnotize them into believing lies. You cannot exercise witchcraft by boiling bats in a cauldron. However, if you are literature literate you understand that Sorcery is better performed by getting people "fluted down with wine" than any other drug.

The Praise Teams claim that they can Lead you into the presence of God: There is only ONE mediator between man and the ONE GOD THE FATHER, the MAN Jesus Christ. Therefore, rhetoricians, singers and instrument players are suddenly standing in the HOLY PLACES (of church architecture) CLAIMING that they are God's latter day Apostles or even Christs.

A student never ceases learning: I have my first book on Electrical Engineering (c 1954) and a 1920 algebra book in my bathroom where I read. So why DEPRIVE the lambs you claim to shepherd so that they starve for lack of the free water and bread of the Word? Missed Amos 5-8 and Isaiah 5?

Bill
Bill

May 3rd, 2014, 8:51 pm #35

I said that there is no command to SING hymns as four part harmony. It doesn't matter because you don't know of and have never heard of anyone SINGING Psalms, hymns and spiritual songs which are in the BOOK of Psalms with or without instruments.

I noted for the readers that Paul commanded that we SPEAK psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Everyone you know or have heard about literally SEES on the page the command to SING psalms, hymns and spiritual songs."

I told you that Jesus and the apostles did not SING (sang) A hymn which was not to be repeated until the next appointed hour at Passover next year after which the PASSOVER would cease and we should teach the Death of Jesus by the Lord's Supper. ONLY by being Classics Literature do we know that a hymn was called a PRAYER. By reading the Latin we know that they DICTO or SPOKE A (singular) hymn and maybe established a pattern by GOING OUT. Since the command is to SPEAK the text if we understand that "worship service" meant giving heed or attention to GOD by giving attention to His Word and not to a not so talented and maybe fat praise singer who sucks up all of our GIVING HEED and she loves to have it so.

I told you that there is nothing from Genesis to Revelation which is metrical and can be SUNG in a tuneful sense. Because the command is to SPEAK that which is written for our learning it is a very good thing that God didn't contradict Himself by giving us MUSICAL TEXT.

I told you that there is no example of the Biblical church singing A psalm when they gathered MANY times during Paul's Journeys. Was Paul ignorant or what.

I told you that MELODY is still a series of single notes and a melody at that time might be one note. Melody is NOT harmony and harmony in the GREEK (there we go again) meant usually two voices singing the SAME (in harmony) note: that is why Martin Luther understood Romans 15 as UNISON.

I told you that SINGING which was still not "tuneful" was not imposed as an ACT of liturgy until the year ad 373 and THEN so the unwashed bishop could sing HIS OWN HYMNS.

So, when we speak of the Bible never be self centered and think that I think that it is speaking of anyone you know or have heard about. Just READ IT FOR LEARNING and don't feel so threatened by the text that you have to call names.
Bill, this is not about me: please refrain from opinionating about me. I have a weak stomach!

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on May 4th, 2014, 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bill
Bill

May 3rd, 2014, 8:58 pm #36

Yes, Sarge, when it comes to religious discussions, this site will "carry on" the centuries-old tradition of going down dead-end roads time and time again.

May 3rd, 2014, 10:05 pm #37

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Yes, Sarge, Bill continues to deride, despise and detest the forum he can't leave and leave alone. Bill, have you tried the ex-churchofchrist discussion board? Why not expend your time and energy more wisely there?[/color]

^Sarge
^Sarge

May 3rd, 2014, 10:07 pm #38

I am a nice guy: so

what Sarge wants
Sarge can get
Until judgement day
he can just throw a fit

We shall have Spock bleed all English knowledge from his brain and we can guess that he wont be able to read a single word in Sola Scriptura Greek or Latin.

Sarge is unable to grasp that the Bible has its power but ONLY when it is PREACHED or made available to everyone to enlighten their own minds by READING the Word for Comfort and Doctrine. No one who obeys by the reading of the Prophets and Apostles will be able--even when hallucinating--to grasp that self-speaking (marks of the sons of the Devil says Jesus), or performance or clergy singing is not OUTLAWED (for those who define the words)

However, that leaves them with only ONE SIDE OF THE PLOT. From Genesis to Revelation the Bible presents the SPIRITUAL antithesis to the PAGAN liturgical "worship rituals." Most and close to all posting by The-O-Lites fall into a frenzy of abuse when you try to REINTRODUCE the Classics OFTEN used by Scripture as the PATTERN of what NOT TO DO.

However, we are just whistling in the cemetery because while they use tidbits of scripture to claim that we are Bible-based they confess that a Holy Spirit person speaks to them saying that Scripture has been obsoleted by our CHANGING CULTURE. "Conservative" professionals will not stoop to discussing the Word once they have some level of "tenure." That forces ALL OF US to return to the God-given plan that we are Baptized in water INTO THE WORD or into the School of Christ. Because we ALL have copies of that which is written for our LEARNING since Gutenberg, we should be READING the Scriptures all week. Preachers grasp that they are caught still manufacturing Buggy Whips that may be why they are now trained as rhetoricians, singers and instrument players hoping that those who feed them will be CHARMED as the musicians were always used to CHARM their gods: that's why all clergy musical terms and names of instruments are defined as "organs" of warfare or SORCERY.

LITURGY intended to deprive the common people of that which God commanded for OUR learning SO the world had to await the retrieval of the Classical Greek literature (used by me to lump all Greek literature) as well as Bibles printed for the "plowboys). Therefore the world was dark and ignorant.

The Humanists made classical learning available to the common people. Our historic scholars before the Neo-Dark Ages were language and literature literate. They prove that they had copies of the Classical literature read in the original languages as well as the 'church fathers' who never ceased defending what Calvin and the Campbells restored--momentarily.

Secular Institutions use large staff full time to keep God happy and keep contact in the new NAVELS or worship centerS. People may get offended (especially if they read Romans 1) but church literature, like temples, were female bodies and especially Irish churches had that lady with the large VULVA over the door which you stroked on entering.

The direct command, approved examples and necessary inferences--IF church is A School of the Word--is that people ASSembled themselves together once a week to mutually confess and LEARN OF JESUS by "using one mind and one mouth to speak that which is written for our learning" or "Scripture for our comfort."

Question: "What is sola scriptura?"

Answer: The phrase sola scriptura is from the Latin: sola having the idea of alone, ground, base, and the word scriptura meaning writings-referring to the Scriptures. Sola scriptura means that Scripture alone is authoritative for the faith and practice of the Christian. The Bible is complete, authoritative, and true. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).

Sola scriptura was the rallying cry of the Protestant Reformation. For centuries the Roman Catholic Church had made its traditions superior in authority to the Bible. This resulted in many practices that were in fact contradictory to the Bible. Some examples are prayer to saints and/or Mary, the immaculate conception, transubstantiation, infant baptism, indulgences, and papal authority. Martin Luther, the founder of the Lutheran Church and father of the Protestant Reformation, was publicly rebuking the Catholic Church for its unbiblical teachings. The Catholic Church threatened Martin Luther with excommunication (and death) if he did not recant. Martin Luther's reply was, Unless therefore I am convinced by the testimony of Scripture, or by the clearest reasoning, unless I am persuaded by means of the passages I have quoted, and unless they thus render my conscience bound by the Word of God, I cannot and will not retract, for it is unsafe for a Christian to speak against his conscience. Here I stand, I can do no other; may God help me! Amen!

The primary Catholic argument against sola scriptura is that the Bible does not explicitly teach sola scriptura. Catholics argue that the Bible nowhere states that it is the only authoritative guide for faith and practice. While this is true, they fail to recognize a crucially important issue. We know that the Bible is the Word of God. The Bible declares itself to be God-breathed, inerrant, and authoritative. We also know that God does not change His mind or contradict Himself. So, while the Bible itself may not explicitly argue for sola scriptura, it most definitely does not allow for traditions that contradict its message. Sola scriptura is not as much of an argument against tradition as it is an argument against unbiblical, extra-biblical and/or anti-biblical doctrines. The only way to know for sure what God expects of us is to stay true to what we know He has revealedthe Bible. We can know, beyond the shadow of any doubt, that Scripture is true, authoritative, and reliable. The same cannot be said of tradition.

The Word of God is the only authority for the Christian faith. Traditions are valid only when they are based on Scripture and are in full agreement with Scripture. Traditions that contradict the Bible are not of God and are not a valid aspect of the Christian faith. Sola scriptura is the only way to avoid subjectivity and keep personal opinion from taking priority over the teachings of the Bible. The essence of sola scriptura is basing your spiritual life on the Bible alone and rejecting any tradition or teaching that is not in full agreement with the Bible. Second Timothy 2:15 declares, Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

Sola scriptura does not nullify the concept of church traditions. Rather, sola scriptura gives us a solid foundation on which to base church traditions. There are many practices, in both Catholic and Protestant churches, that are the result of traditions, not the explicit teaching of Scripture. It is good, and even necessary, for the church to have traditions. Traditions play an important role in clarifying and organizing Christian practice. At the same time, in order for these traditions to be valid, they must not be in disagreement with Gods Word. They must be based on the solid foundation of the teaching of Scripture. The problem with the Roman Catholic Church, and many other churches, is that they base traditions on traditions which are based on traditions which are based on traditions, often with the initial tradition not being in full harmony with the Scriptures. That is why Christians must always go back to sola scriptura, the authoritative Word of God, as the only solid basis for faith and practice.

On a practical matter, a frequent objection to the concept of sola scriptura is the fact that the canon of the Bible was not officially agreed upon for at least 250 years after the church was founded. Further, the Scriptures were not available to the masses for over 1500 years after the church was founded. How, then, were early Christians to use sola scriptura, when they did not even have the full Scriptures? And how were Christians who lived before the invention of the printing press supposed to base their faith and practice on Scripture alone if there was no way for them to have a complete copy of the Scriptures? This issue is further compounded by the very high rates of illiteracy throughout history. How does the concept of sola scriptura handle these issues?

The problem with this argument is that it essentially says that Scriptures authority is based on its availability. This is not the case. Scriptures authority is universal; because it is Gods Word, it is His authority. The fact that Scripture was not readily available, or that people could not read it, does not change the fact that Scripture is Gods Word. Further, rather than this being an argument against sola scriptura, it is actually an argument for what the church should have done, instead of what it did. The early church should have made producing copies of the Scriptures a high priority. While it was unrealistic for every Christian to possess a complete copy of the Bible, it was possible that every church could have some, most, or all of the Scriptures available to it. Early church leaders should have made studying the Scriptures their highest priority so they could accurately teach it. Even if the Scriptures could not be made available to the masses, at least church leaders could be well-trained in the Word of God. Instead of building traditions upon traditions and passing them on from generation to generation, the church should have copied the Scriptures and taught the Scriptures (2 Timothy 4:2).

Again, traditions are not the problem. Unbiblical traditions are the problem. The availability of the Scriptures throughout the centuries is not the determining factor. The Scriptures themselves are the determining factor. We now have the Scriptures readily available to us. Through the careful study of Gods Word, it is clear that many church traditions which have developed over the centuries are in fact contradictory to the Word of God. This is where sola scriptura applies. Traditions that are based on, and in agreement with, Gods Word can be maintained. Traditions that are not based on, and/or disagree with, Gods Word must be rejected. Sola scriptura points us back to what God has revealed to us in His Word. Sola scriptura ultimately points us back to the God who always speaks the truth, never contradicts Himself, and always proves Himself to be dependable.

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/sola-script ... z30gzDygtD

Bill
Bill

May 3rd, 2014, 10:10 pm #39

Ken, it seems that either all or the vast majority of your posts revolve around musikators, music, the starry host, or variations of those themes, generously peppered with mythology, fables, and fairy tales. Do you believe that religious discussions have no merit unless they focus on those themes?

^Sarge
^Sarge

May 3rd, 2014, 10:29 pm #40

Syncretism is blending pagan myths and practices with the School (only) of the Word (only) of Christ (only) in the Prophets and Apostles for BUILDING on the foundation that which will not be burned up.

How would YOU know about Pagan Myths unless I (yes, I) tried to define Pagan Myths. It turns out that MYTHS includes the introductions, jokes, or making up self-reference stories to ENHANCE verse 3d used as the preacher's TEXT. Logos or WORD is what one SPEAKS and cannot be a people: Logos outlaws such self-speaking, poetry, singing, playing, acting or dancing as AIDS to the word Christ commanded to be PREACHED by being READ to prevent even inflections as commentary. Elders in the synagogue were literally OVER the reader of the Text (only) to make certain that the reader did not add any umms, oohs, comments or even inflections which are powerful commentary. After the Educational Only assembly everyone went about their own work. Rabbi were usually around the synagogues and available as private teachers by private pay. The poor box was for the poor and widows: there is no Bible or early history which teachers otherwise.

I am not in the assembly but in my Man Cave with all of my books, computers, antique radios from crystal sets onward to my Grandfather's first electric radio. So, I am free to do what I would not teach when charging for the free water of the Word. There are Classic's High Schools.

I told you that Pagans believed that MUSIC could CHARM the gods and therefore exercise CONTROL over them. That is why you need the contemporaneous literature to AFFIRM the Bible which defines ANYTHING you do to ENHANCE the Word of God as SORCERY or WITCHCRAFT. You can exercise witchcraft by "boiling frogs" to hypnotize them into believing lies. You cannot exercise witchcraft by boiling bats in a cauldron. However, if you are literature literate you understand that Sorcery is better performed by getting people "fluted down with wine" than any other drug.

The Praise Teams claim that they can Lead you into the presence of God: There is only ONE mediator between man and the ONE GOD THE FATHER, the MAN Jesus Christ. Therefore, rhetoricians, singers and instrument players are suddenly standing in the HOLY PLACES (of church architecture) CLAIMING that they are God's latter day Apostles or even Christs.

A student never ceases learning: I have my first book on Electrical Engineering (c 1954) and a 1920 algebra book in my bathroom where I read. So why DEPRIVE the lambs you claim to shepherd so that they starve for lack of the free water and bread of the Word? Missed Amos 5-8 and Isaiah 5?

A student never ceases learning: I have my first book on Electrical Engineering (c 1954) and a 1920 algebra book in my bathroom where I read.

I have a feeling you spend far too much time in the bathroom. A cheat sheet just for you that you can put in your pocket.