CENI Commands Examples Inferences Part A + B + C + D

May 3rd, 2014, 4:41 am #21

If only this forum had a feature that Facebook does: posters' ability to block witless, vulgar people masquerading as religous fanatics.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Posters have that feature or capability ... without that Facebook. Why not put it to use?[/color]

Bill
Bill

May 3rd, 2014, 12:59 pm #22

Bill,
I convulse as I agree with you, but I must convulse and agree. Even when you show them book, chapter, and verse....they don't believe. We have been down this road before and they still don't get it. Pearls before swine, but unlike swine they have souls, and you can only hope.....but how long do you keep it up until you shake the dust from your feet? Maybe now.....
As I recall, we've been down several "roads" a time or two on this site:

"Jesus Is Not the Word" road---dead end

"Jesus Is Not Eternal" road---dead end

"The Holy Spirit Is Not a Separate Being" road---dead end

"The Trinity Doesn't Exist"---dead end

"Differing with the Powers That Be Here Makes You a Blasphemer and an Antichrist" road---dead end

"Musikators and the Starry Host" road---dead end

You've heard the expression "All roads lead to Rome." On Concerned Members, just about all the "roads" here lately lead to one place: a dead end.

Bill
Bill

May 3rd, 2014, 1:08 pm #23

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill,

Were you directing your question to Servant/Dave? Let's let him respond. [/color]
It really doesn't matter to whom I directed my question. Anyone could answer. As it turned out, Servant responded, and quite well, too.

Bill
Bill

May 3rd, 2014, 1:18 pm #24

Please, Sola Scriptura (only).
It kinda looks like Sarge is asking for more Scriptural references and fewer or no references to mythology, fairy tales, and fables.

May 3rd, 2014, 6:03 pm #25

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]If you were that observant and attentive, you would know that there are scriptural references. The images depict what biblical references have already recorded. The images have been there all along historically (and not created by CM). Please read first those numerous scriptural references that you've been skipping or ignoring; if they're not enough, then, ask for more and they'll be provided.[/color]

May 3rd, 2014, 6:15 pm #26

As I recall, we've been down several "roads" a time or two on this site:

"Jesus Is Not the Word" road---dead end

"Jesus Is Not Eternal" road---dead end

"The Holy Spirit Is Not a Separate Being" road---dead end

"The Trinity Doesn't Exist"---dead end

"Differing with the Powers That Be Here Makes You a Blasphemer and an Antichrist" road---dead end

"Musikators and the Starry Host" road---dead end

You've heard the expression "All roads lead to Rome." On Concerned Members, just about all the "roads" here lately lead to one place: a dead end.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dead end to you.

They've been discussed and argued about for several centuries.

Expect the arguments to be around for a while. I don't believe they'll end because Bill has concluded: "dead end."

Just look at your list -- you've just resurrected your "recollected" dead ends. [/color]

May 3rd, 2014, 6:22 pm #27

It really doesn't matter to whom I directed my question. Anyone could answer. As it turned out, Servant responded, and quite well, too.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I was only pointing out that Dave (Anonymous) authored the post you were asking about -- in case you didn't know that.

No, Dave (at this point) has not responded to your question.[/color]

Bill
Bill

May 3rd, 2014, 6:34 pm #28

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dead end to you.

They've been discussed and argued about for several centuries.

Expect the arguments to be around for a while. I don't believe they'll end because Bill has concluded: "dead end."

Just look at your list -- you've just resurrected your "recollected" dead ends. [/color]
They've been dead-end issues for several centuries AND now lately on CM. They'll ALWAYS be dead-end issues, because people will never entirely agree about them. For that matter, all Scriptural issues could lead to dead ends, because, again, people almost never entirely agree about them. That's why the expression "an exercise in futility" accurately describes discussing any Scriptural issue.

BTW, here's another "road" we've traveled several times: "We're not to sing hymns; we're to speak them"---another DEAD END.

Bill
Bill

May 3rd, 2014, 6:52 pm #29

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]If you were that observant and attentive, you would know that there are scriptural references. The images depict what biblical references have already recorded. The images have been there all along historically (and not created by CM). Please read first those numerous scriptural references that you've been skipping or ignoring; if they're not enough, then, ask for more and they'll be provided.[/color]
Donnie, remember The Shawshank Redemption? Andy Dufresne asked Warden Norton, "How can you be so obtuse...is it deliberate?"

Now, Donnie, since you are something of a "warden" at CM, are you deliberately being obtuse? It looks like I'll have to spell things out for you. Sarge's plea for "Sola Scriptura (only)" was in response to Ken's usual pitch about mythology, fables, and fairy tales. It appeared that Sarge wanted Ken to ditch all that nonsense and concentrate ONLY on Scripture. Surely Ken can "teach" without his endless references to mythology and fables, which do occupy much space in his posts.

May 3rd, 2014, 7:11 pm #30

It kinda looks like Sarge is asking for more Scriptural references and fewer or no references to mythology, fairy tales, and fables.
I am a nice guy: so

what Sarge wants
Sarge can get
Until judgement day
he can just throw a fit

We shall have Spock bleed all English knowledge from his brain and we can guess that he wont be able to read a single word in Sola Scriptura Greek or Latin.

Sarge is unable to grasp that the Bible has its power but ONLY when it is PREACHED or made available to everyone to enlighten their own minds by READING the Word for Comfort and Doctrine. No one who obeys by the reading of the Prophets and Apostles will be able--even when hallucinating--to grasp that self-speaking (marks of the sons of the Devil says Jesus), or performance or clergy singing is not OUTLAWED (for those who define the words)

However, that leaves them with only ONE SIDE OF THE PLOT. From Genesis to Revelation the Bible presents the SPIRITUAL antithesis to the PAGAN liturgical "worship rituals." Most and close to all posting by The-O-Lites fall into a frenzy of abuse when you try to REINTRODUCE the Classics OFTEN used by Scripture as the PATTERN of what NOT TO DO.

However, we are just whistling in the cemetery because while they use tidbits of scripture to claim that we are Bible-based they confess that a Holy Spirit person speaks to them saying that Scripture has been obsoleted by our CHANGING CULTURE. "Conservative" professionals will not stoop to discussing the Word once they have some level of "tenure." That forces ALL OF US to return to the God-given plan that we are Baptized in water INTO THE WORD or into the School of Christ. Because we ALL have copies of that which is written for our LEARNING since Gutenberg, we should be READING the Scriptures all week. Preachers grasp that they are caught still manufacturing Buggy Whips that may be why they are now trained as rhetoricians, singers and instrument players hoping that those who feed them will be CHARMED as the musicians were always used to CHARM their gods: that's why all clergy musical terms and names of instruments are defined as "organs" of warfare or SORCERY.

LITURGY intended to deprive the common people of that which God commanded for OUR learning SO the world had to await the retrieval of the Classical Greek literature (used by me to lump all Greek literature) as well as Bibles printed for the "plowboys). Therefore the world was dark and ignorant.

The Humanists made classical learning available to the common people. Our historic scholars before the Neo-Dark Ages were language and literature literate. They prove that they had copies of the Classical literature read in the original languages as well as the 'church fathers' who never ceased defending what Calvin and the Campbells restored--momentarily.

Secular Institutions use large staff full time to keep God happy and keep contact in the new NAVELS or worship centerS. People may get offended (especially if they read Romans 1) but church literature, like temples, were female bodies and especially Irish churches had that lady with the large VULVA over the door which you stroked on entering.

The direct command, approved examples and necessary inferences--IF church is A School of the Word--is that people ASSembled themselves together once a week to mutually confess and LEARN OF JESUS by "using one mind and one mouth to speak that which is written for our learning" or "Scripture for our comfort."