CAUTION: THIS WEB SITE IS NOT PART OF OR APPROVED BY THE MADISON CHURCH OF CHRIST

September 7th, 2013, 4:48 am #11

"CAUTION: THIS WEB SITE IS NOT PART OF OR APPROVED BY THE MADISON CHURCH OF CHRIST"

You have to ask yourself, would this web site be approved by any church of Christ?

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Of course, no doubt!!!

Wait ... with the exception of those liberal, progressive churches now affiliated with the Community Church Movement.

This website may be too conservative for those "... tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive" Ephesians 4:14[/color]

Simple Servant
Simple Servant

September 11th, 2013, 2:55 pm #12

Wow, it has been several years since i last stopped by. After spending some time here (wasted i might add) i began praying for it to dissolve into obscurity. Very few postings, except by the same few, threads i started years ago still appear on the first page of threads. WOW God is Good, all the time God is good! Just a few more days! peace
philip, a simple servant who serves the great change agent who calls us all to be agents of change.

September 11th, 2013, 4:47 pm #13

Warning: this site is hacked by the National Security people. If they see "WOW" two times in one short post expect the gender police to knock on your door.

Bill
Bill

September 11th, 2013, 5:15 pm #14

Wow, it has been several years since i last stopped by. After spending some time here (wasted i might add) i began praying for it to dissolve into obscurity. Very few postings, except by the same few, threads i started years ago still appear on the first page of threads. WOW God is Good, all the time God is good! Just a few more days! peace
philip, a simple servant who serves the great change agent who calls us all to be agents of change.
Many will read, but few will post. BTW, did Simple Servant get anything out of the threads about the Holy Spirit? That's the current focus.

September 12th, 2013, 1:02 am #15

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Welcome back, Philip.

Very few postings here would be more than those at Faithslight/IBelieve.

Did you include the exchurchofchrist.com in your prayer to dissolve? If not, I may know the reason.

Would you be in the same category as the liberal, progressive change agents in the political world? You know, they want to dissolve the Constitution and change to whatever....

Oh, speaking of "change," I'm really reminded of "the" President (the Messiah). Haven't we heard from conservative voices for those in power to "KEEP THE CHANGE"?

So, where's the BCV for the call to transform Christ's church and modify His truth?

Would you be able to give testimony to your successful changes? Just wondering.[/color]

Coach
Coach

October 11th, 2013, 6:47 pm #16

==================================================
.......Madison Church Of Christ ConcernedMembers Forum.......

This forum has been established to give members of the Madison Church Of Christ a means to openly discuss matters concerning their views on the format of worship services. This web site is not part of or approved by the Madison Church of Christ.

By definition, a forum is “a medium of open discussion or expression of ideas” or “a program involving discussion of a problem.” In the worldwide web technology, forums of various types and formats have been established. For example, there may be “freedom” forums dedicated to free press or free speech. There may be “religious” forums that deal with controversial doctrinal, spiritual, moral and ethical issues.

In the last decade or two, we have been hearing references to the purpose-driven church or to the church growth movement alongside hostile takeovers, subversions and division being experienced by thousands of churches. In regard to worship and other church activities, we hear about the “holy entertainment,” contemporary worship style, “unity” in diversity, secret oaths and covenants; the roles of the music leader, worship leader, praise leader, praise teams, special servants, deaconesses, leaderettes, etc. We hear about the Community Church Movement and the Charismatic Movement. We hear about the Saddleback Community Church and the Willow Creek Community Church as “church growth” models because of their memberships being in the thousands.

The church of Christ in Madison, Tennessee, has gone through some gradual metamorphic process in more than a decade in order to combat the decline in membership. But in the process, there have been major issues and differences unsettled and unresolved. The church’s mission has been growth with the community service appeal. But it has incorporated beliefs and practices, which are strikingly different from those of the earlier generations, youth-oriented, with popular acceptance, with secular inclinations, and lacking in scriptural justification. Hundreds of its members have left to seek fellowship somewhere else. What has really been happening at Madison that should serve as a warning to other congregations in the brotherhood?

The ConcernedMembers Forum has much to offer to both sides of the aisle. It makes a serious attempt to present the truth as revealed in the Holy Scripture. It strives to preserve scriptural beliefs and practices and principles that the churches of Christ have maintained for so long. It has great respect for the Restoration Movement and its leaders. In spite of all that, this forum is open for anyone to present both facts and debatable issues. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the reader to discern for himself or herself what is factual and what is not factual.

The ConcernedMembers Forum is simply an open forum. The reader must be warned that the messages on this site come from its own contributors, as well as from those that respond to discuss, rebut and refute doctrinal issues and practices. ConcernedMembers is NOT THE WEBSITE OF THE MADISON CHURCH OF CHRIST, nor does it represent this church’s views. Therefore, as a forum, it is open to challenge. The reader is encouraged to rectify any unintended misrepresentations of facts, figures, scriptural references and other information that is common or public knowledge, by RESPONDING to the message as provided.
Donnie, how did Madison COC view your beliefs 15 years ago? I am talking about no singing (speak only) worship service, The Holy Spirit denial, and the non-eternal Jesus stand? Did the Church know about these issues?

October 11th, 2013, 7:39 pm #17

Donnie never said "no singing." He just lets the Scripture lie there unchanged.

It was me that said that the COMMAND to SPEAK psalms, hymns and spiritual songs probably doesn't mean SANG Twiler Paris and Fanny Crosby. Then, I may have missed out on reading.

Donnie believes in the Holy Spirit: it is called the Holy Spirit OF Christ or the Holy Spirit OF God.

Madison believes "a" spirit guided them into massive discord used to DRIVE OUT the godly.

Did you forget the lessons on prepositions so soon?
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on October 11th, 2013, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scripture
Scripture

October 11th, 2013, 8:20 pm #18

Madison only recently adopted a "What We Believe" in their new site, so as far as I know Donnie would be okay 15 years ago (at least as far as the Madison Creed is concerned). This does declare F-S-HS as inseparable yet separated, and is a almost identical statement of The City Church, Seattle, Washington--and so I would assume was copied from them. Even same scripture references are used.

The Philippian jailor wanted to be baptized, and Phillip replied that you can if you believe with all the heart that Jesus is the Son of God then you can be baptized. Acts 8:37--KJV but not in all the early texts. No such question was asked about the Holy Spirit.

October 12th, 2013, 12:07 am #19

Northwest Church of Christ was my best work and happiest time (1962-1980). A few years later, Milton Jones, decided to lie, cheat, steal and use a lawyer to change the bylaws merged with a Christian Church which was willing to abandon instruments but Milton with his banjo, his wife and her professional piano playing and a couple of sons took it instrumenta.

Federal Way church was populated by a number of close friends and they have gone instrumental. The Christian Church has a college in Seattle and they did a job on these two at least.

When We went to Seattle in 1962 the preacher represented probably the majority view at the time and understood that the Spirit OF Christ is not another PEOPLE and the SON is not the FATHER.

October 12th, 2013, 1:10 am #20

Madison only recently adopted a "What We Believe" in their new site, so as far as I know Donnie would be okay 15 years ago (at least as far as the Madison Creed is concerned). This does declare F-S-HS as inseparable yet separated, and is a almost identical statement of The City Church, Seattle, Washington--and so I would assume was copied from them. Even same scripture references are used.

The Philippian jailor wanted to be baptized, and Phillip replied that you can if you believe with all the heart that Jesus is the Son of God then you can be baptized. Acts 8:37--KJV but not in all the early texts. No such question was asked about the Holy Spirit.

They are saying that the second service (contemporary) will be instrumental!