Catholicky Post on OHC: The Flesh and Blood of God

Catholicky Post on OHC: The Flesh and Blood of God

December 27th, 2017, 2:50 am #1

Source: http://oakhills.org/advent-and-communion/

Posted: 21 Dec 2016

[color=#000000" size="6" face="times]ADVENT & COMMUNION: AN INTERSECTION OF MYSTERIES[/color]
[color=#000000" size="4" face="times]posted in: Uncategorized | 0
By Manuel Luz, Creative Arts Pastor

Throughout the Advent season this year, we have been celebrating the Lord's Supper each of the four weeks. This is very different than the first-Sunday-of-the-month, which is our customary tradition. More specifically, we have been very purposeful in telling God's Grand Story by tying the custom of lighting the Advent wreath candle to the celebration of the Lord's table. Essentially, the Lord's Supper allows us to bridge the manger to the cross.

The act of celebrating Communion has always been unspeakably, mysteriously meaningful to me, even as a young boy receiving the Eucharist in the Catholic mass. Kneeling on the cold marble floor of the church sanctuary, the taste of the round white wafer melting on my tongue, listening to the monsignor's words, "the body of Christ." These were indelible moments for me, simple actions where I came face to face with the mystery of our faith. We enter into a sacramental action that has been repeated millions of times over thousands of years, all the way back to that ancient moment when Jesus sat at the table to share the bread and cup with his closest friends. It was a highly intimate act, an amazing act of self-disclosure, as Jesus reveals his death in light of the most sacred of Jewish celebrations, the Passover meal. As he served the bread, "this is my body," and the wine, "this is my blood, given up for you," he revealed that he was the final sacrifice, the Perfect Lamb, whose blood would guard the doorposts of our homes, whose life would carry the sins of all mankind.

And this is why it struck me so deeply again during this Advent season. I've often thought that the act of incarnation—the act of God the Son eternal entering into the limited dimensions of our universe and clothing himself in fragile flesh—had to be more of a shock to Jesus than even dying on the cross. Think about that. He goes from infinite to finite, from Almighty God to helpless swaddling newborn, from timelessness to the ever-fleeting now, from the embrace of the perfect community of the Trinity to the utter aloneness of human being. No creature can fathom what that must have been like.

These were my thoughts as we celebrated the Lord's Supper, and we repeated Jesus' declaration, "This is my body," and "this is my blood." For the act of incarnation, the act of becoming this baby in a manger, was God's ultimate act of self-disclosure. For we can truly know the nature and heart of God only through Jesus, who was God in the flesh, Emmanuel, God with us. When Jesus was born, it was as if God were saying, "This is my body, and this is my blood, given up for you." It is only through the humanity of Jesus that we can fully know the nature of the Divine.

So the table represents a bridge between the birth, God's revelation through incarnation, and the cross, God's revelation through resurrection. The bread and the cup point backwards to the promise of Abraham and his descendants who were saved from Pharaoh. And they also point forward to the cross and the empty tomb and ultimately to our life in Christ now and into eternity.

Beautiful, metaphorical, artistic, the Lord's Supper is an intersection of mysteries—Christmas and Easter, incarnation and resurrection, the Promise and the Fulfillment.[/color]

December 27th, 2017, 3:11 am #2

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]It is a serious dogmatic fallacy when the finite mind deduces that "God became flesh" -- nowhere found in the entire Bible -- when the finite mind equates "was manifest in the" with "became." There is a colossal difference between these two terms.

There is also a colossal difference between: (1) "The Word was made flesh" [scriptural] and (2) God the Father was made flesh [man-concocted].

What's that term "they" use -- transubstantiation?[/color]

December 27th, 2017, 3:59 am #3

God will not even let the Pope read BLACK text on BROWN paper. Max Lucado changed my mind about the justice of casting the sorcerers as speakers, singers and instrument ALIVE INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE.

Bullinger "The mass was gone. The preaching of the gospel and the celebration of the Lord's Supper by the whole congregation, in connection with a kind of Agape, took its place.

The first celebration of the communion after the Reformed usage was held in the Holy Week of April, 1525, in the Great Minster. The whole service was a commemoration of Christ

THE MYSTERY HIDDEN IN PLAIN WORDS:

John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life;
and I will raise him up at the last day.

SMILE: THEY CANNOT READ:

John 6:63 It is the SPIRIT that quickeneth; the FLESH profiteth nothing: the WORDS that I SPEAK unto you, they are SPIRIT, and they are LIFE

Matt. 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not LIVE by bread alone,
but by every WORD that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

When "the fruit of the body" was thus offered, it was "for the sin of the soul." And it was a principle of the Mosaic law, a principle no doubt derived from the patriarchal faith, that the priest must partake of whatever was offered as a sin-offering (Num 18:9,10).

Hence, the priests of Nimrod or Baal were necessarily required to eat of the human sacrifices; and thus it has come to pass that "Cahna-Bal," * the "Priest of Baal," is the established word in our own tongue for a devourer of human flesh. </i>

* The word Cahna is the emphatic form of Cahn. Cahn is "a priest," Cahna is "the priest."

<i>
From the historian Castor (in Armenian translation of EUSEBIUS) we learn that it was under Bel, or Belus, that is Baal, that the Cyclops lived; and the Scholiast on Aeschylus states that these Cyclops were the brethren of Kronos [Grandfather of KAIROS of the Church Planting Plot], who was also Bel or Bal, as we have elsewhere seen.

The Cyclops, then, had been representatives of that God--in other words, priests, and priests of Bel or Bal. Now, we find that the Cyclops were well-known as cannibals, Referre ritus Cyclopum, "to bring back the rites of the Cyclops," meaning to revive the practice of eating human flesh. (OVID, Metam.)

The reserved REMNANT of Jews Jesus KNEW BEFORE will be conformed to the image of Christ.

Rom. 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 27th, 2017, 5:40 am #4

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]The Roman Catholic Church strongly denies or rejects the idea of cannibalism in the Communion.

There is that question: Are Catholics Cannibals? It is readily answered as follows:

In the Eucharist, after the priest consecrates the bread and wine and they are, in fact, transubstantiated into the body, blood, soul and divinity of our Lord, our Lord is then entirely present. Neither bread nor wine remains. However, the accidents of bread and wine (size, weight, taste, texture) do remain. Hence, the essential reason why Catholics are not guilty of cannibalism is the fact that we do not receive our Lord in a cannibalistic form. We receive him in the form of bread and wine. The two are qualitatively different.

The RCC is convinced it can explain it away. See more of the Catholic explanation of "neither bread nor wine remains" at the Catholic Answers website: https://www.catholic.com/magazine/onlin ... -cannibals [/color]

December 27th, 2017, 4:43 pm #5

John Mark Hicks, LU etal.

Several features characterize the fellowship meals of Israel. First, it is a moment of communion between God and his people. God EATS with his people as the FAT [and little infants] is BURNED to him.

God is present at this meal. It is eaten before the Lord as if God SITS at the table with the worshipper. "a time for sharing, prayer and conversation about what God has done for us... (p. 188). He calls it a "Jubilee festival" (p. 63).

He would have it observed with "resounding jubilation or enthusiastic outbursts" (p. 97). The feast is always characterized by joy and gratitude. Without exception, the fellowship offering is a celebratory, festive occasion. It is a time of thanksgiving, dedication and renewal.

At first the "gods" were sacrificed and consumed in the form of the King. The king got smart and decided to sacrifice a goat to FEED the gods by his agent or senior pastor-priest. And on the rest of the story The Spirit OF Christ in Isaiah 1 and Jeremiah 7

Psa. 50:9 I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he goats out of thy folds.
Psa. 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.
Psa. 50:11 I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.
Psa. 50:12 If I were hungry, I would NOT tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.
Psa. 50:13 Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?

INSTEAD:

Psa. 50:14 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:
Psa. 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me

You cannot SUPPLY God anything even the COMMANDED RESOURCE:

Is. 57:19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the Lord; and I will heal him

peace! silence! enough. orator sine pac

December 29th, 2017, 3:56 am #6

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Ken,

The silence of/from the Trinity followers is deafening.

I fully understand. They simply cannot explain their doctrine that God became Jesus, that God died and that God was raised from the dead.[/color]