Careful thought

Careful thought

Joe Christian
Joe Christian

January 10th, 2003, 3:52 pm #1

Wow. It really seems that the worst catastrophe in all of this is the fact that brethren who are bound by the spilled blood of the Son of God have chosen the most public media in the history of the world (the internet) to air out their differences. Please, instead of replying to this with a hasty rebuttal, perhaps this is something that many should contemplate.

Even if the accused churches/elderships are heading in the wrong direction or are even in blatant error, the internet is not the place to discuss it. If there are any principles at work at all in 1 Corinthians 6:1-6, one of those principles simply has to be this: do not drag Christian matters that are in dispute out in front of a whole unbelieving world. Don’t you know that Christianity becomes a mockery to unbelievers due to these very things? This is all being towed into the court of public opinion, yet it is not a public matter! It is a Christian matter! Nevertheless, here we are on the internet, of all things, seemingly bashing those in our own family...Maybe erring family members, but family members nonetheless.

It’s interesting to me that in the critique of the NIV (link from this website) one of the things that is mentioned over and over, perhaps very justifiably, is what certain translations of certain passages might lead a searching unbeliever to believe. Now I have to ask you...and I know you can’t hear the gentleness in my voice, but I do ask this with gentleness, sincerity, and deep concern... What would this public discussion forum lead an unbeliever to believe? I even saw a church petition concerning an eldership...ON THE INTERNET (linked to this site). This is a CHRISTIAN matter...an INTERNAL CHURCH MATTER that should not be paraded before non-Christians. Is this in any way walking in wisdom toward those who are without? (Col. 4:5)

Should Christians actually be assisting other Christians in creating public forum websites for the discussion of conflict in the church? Think about it, church. This is not the place for it! Perhaps there is indeed something awry in the aforementioned congregations. But, I beg of you, simply as a fellow Christian who is concerned for a lost world, use the wisdom that God has given you and do not discuss these things here. Are you not even concerned for the new or weak Christians and how all of this public conflict might impact them? Can this really strengthen them in any way? Could the exercise of your liberty of speech actually become a stumbling block to the weak? Are weak brethren, for whom Christ has died, perishing due to your knowledge? May God forbid such a thing.

I beg of you, please give this some careful thought.

In Christian love,
A pilgrim on Earth

Catherine
Catherine

January 1st, 2004, 8:38 pm #2

Is this forum really a public forum? It seems to me to be more like a conversation at a restaurant table. The only difference is that the conversation here is printed, and can be copied and saved onto anyone's artificial memory bank (computer).

I'm no authority; I just visited here for the first time today.

Catherine

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 28th, 2014, 9:48 pm #3

July 30th, 2014, 3:36 am #4

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Please review the main thread: "HILLCREST CHURCH OF CHRIST,ABILENE,TX.,USA" ... and let us know much about Hillcrest today and Hillcrest in 2002.[/color]

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 2nd, 2014, 11:40 am #5

Donnie Cruz, are you willing to endorse any local churches of Christ? Think much about it and report your list of local churches.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 4th, 2014, 11:59 pm #6

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Please review the main thread: "HILLCREST CHURCH OF CHRIST,ABILENE,TX.,USA" ... and let us know much about Hillcrest today and Hillcrest in 2002.[/color]

=======================

[color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]Picture (with NO message) from Annie not posted. [/color]
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on September 5th, 2014, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 15th, 2014, 7:12 pm #7

Donnie Cruz, are you willing to endorse any local churches of Christ? Think much about it and report your list of local churches.
Donnie, you may be interested in the discussions at GCM. Of course it won't be your show at GCM but you may learn something. I think the fat lady is ready to sing at Concerned Members. Just a thought.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 24th, 2014, 7:46 pm #8

Donnie Cruz, have you found a local Church you can agree with? Tick...Tick...Tick...Time is moving on!

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 27th, 2014, 7:01 pm #9

I notice after nearly a month, not once church listed. WOW

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 28th, 2014, 2:42 pm #10

Donny's silence is deafening