C Leonard Allen Roy Lanier Trinity Folly

C Leonard Allen Roy Lanier Trinity Folly

March 3rd, 2010, 4:59 am #1

http://www.piney.com/Leonard.Allen.Davi ... Bible.html

Leonard Allen is Dean of Bible at David Lipscomb. It was H Leo Boles of DLC who in 1948 for the first time in history defined the GODHEAD (Divine nature if you please) as containing three persons each with their own particular skill and ranke 1, 2 and 3.
Allen thinks that the Spirit OF God or God's BREATH is a god person who has "his" own mission in the world which is equal to the Mission commanded by Jesus Christ.

C. Leonard Allen Lipscomb Trinity as Antichrist

http://www.piney.com/C.Leonard.Allen.An ... inity.html

C.Leonard.Allen.Trinity.and AntiChrist.html

prophesied and fulfilled in Revelation 17-18

Discovering our Roots

http://www.piney.com/Restoration-Roots.html

1Pet. 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

C. Leonard Allen on the Trinity.

http://www.piney.com/Trinity.Leonard.Allen.html

1Cor. 8:6 But to us there is but one God [Theos], the Father,
           of whom are all things, and we in him;
           and one Lord [Kurios] Jesus Christ,
           by whom are all things, and we by him.

God made Jesus of Nazareth TO BE Lord and Christ.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly,
           that God hath made that same Jesus,
           whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

John says that if you deny that Father God and Son Lord you are ANTI-Christ

God the Father breaths (spirit) into Jesus without metron (meter) and Jesus SPEAKS only what He hears from the Father.

Commands Examples and Inferences

http://www.piney.com/Commands.Examples. ... ences.html

Scripture and recorded history defends God's right to speak ONCE FOR ALL TIMES and will not tolerate a latter day creature to claim the role of creator FOR THEIR CULTURE.  Christ said of those who do not SPEAK the Word THERE IS NO LIGHT IN THEM.

Spirit of Divination at Lipscomb

http://www.piney.com/Spirit.of.Divination.html

Ephesians 4 Unity in Diversity NOT

http://www.piney.com/Ephesians.4.Unity. ... rsity.html

WE HAVE A NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR ??
Gary Holloway wants Churches of Christ to join the WORLD'S religion Jesus died to put down.

http://www.piney.com/Gary.Holloway.Worl ... hrist.html

A. Oikoumen-2 (sc. g), h, A. inhabited region, v. oikeo A. 1 ; then the Greek world, opp. barbarian lands, The inhabited world, h philia perikhoreuei tn oi.

B. Dioik-e diksamn keep house: hence, generally, control, manage, administer, manage after one's own will and pleasure, managing to make such iniquitous profits, act collusively with ton kosmon Id.Phdr.246c;

C. kosmos , ho, A. order, kata kosmon in order, duly, shamefully, generally, of things, natural order, ornament, decoration, esp. of women, metaph., of ornaments of speech, such as epithets, to sing sweet songs of praise, world-order, universe, first in Pythagoras, of earth, as opp. heaven, 3. in later Gr., = oikoumen, the known or inhabited world, 5. houtos ho k. this present world, i.e. earth, OPPOSITE. heaven, Ev.Jo.13.1; regarded as the kingdom of evil, ho arkhn tou k. toutou ib.12.31.

Kenneth Sublett
ConcernedMembers

=================================
[color=#0000FF"]Christian Church [World] Convention and Lipscomb's Bible Professor[/color]
[color=#0000FF"]John Waddey[/color]
[color=#0000FF"]I realize that most members of the Church of Christ know nothing of an Executive Director to represent us and attend to our needs. But the February/March issue of the Christian Chronicle tells us that "Bible Professor, Minister Named Director of World Convention." The Chronicle reporter then adds, "The convention includes members of Churches of Christ, Christian Churches and Disciples of Christ." That Bible Professor is Dr. Gary Holloway, professor at Lipscomb University and preacher for the Natchez Trace Church of Christ of Nashville. You may wonder just what is this "World Convention?" It is the World Convention of the Disciples of Christ, Christian Churches and the pitiful handful of liberal Churches of Christ who have embraced the Change Movement. The convention is the creation of the Disciples of Christ, who a century ago abandoned the commitment to restore the faith and practice of the first century church. Theologically and culturally, they stand among the most liberal Protestant denominations.

Their World Convention is a vital part of their ecumenical outreach that includes involvement with the World Council of Churches. They presume to speak for those who trace their roots back to the "Stone-Campbell Movement." They look to Barton Stone and Alexander Campbell as the founders of their denomination.

I can understand the Disciples of Christ wanting a World Convention. They do not feel bound to abide by the teaching of Christ on any subject, thus they create anything they wish to have for their work. The marvel is that a minister of a Church of Christ and a professor at Christian school associated with the Church of Christ would be compatible with and acceptable to leaders of the Disciples of Christ. Could it be that he shares their view of Christianity?

Fellowship between our brethren and the Disciples of Christ was broken in the last quarter of the 19th century. The division was over such matters as their creation of a missionary society and a general convention that proposed to conduct business for the entire brotherhood, instrumental music in worship, women preachers and church leaders and theological liberalism. In that division the liberals captured some 85 percent of our brotherhood and virtually all of our schools and mission outposts. Bro. David Lipscomb led our brethren in opposing their apostasy. Through the pages of his Gospel Advocate he and his associates stood as a bulwark that kept the liberals from sweeping the entire brotherhood into their camp. Lipscomb gave his farm and his resources to create the Christian School that yet bears his name, as a means of training young Christians who would be faithful to Christ, his church and his word. He did so that they would know to reject the departures of the Disciples of Christ. In the twentieth century, the Disciples church devolved further from the teaching of Christ and have now lost virtually all resemblance to the church of the Bible. In recent years they have opened their fellowship to homosexuals. They are now a shrinking, declining body of people.

Does it not strike you as strange that a man who is a professor of Bible at David Lipscomb's school would now be eager to join hands with those who almost destroyed us in the past. The Disciples certainly have not changed. They are further away, not one inch closer to the Bible, than a century ago. It is remarkable that the president and trustees of Lipscomb University seem fully comfortable with the professor who has obviously abandoned all that Bro. Lipscomb stood for?

Is it not remarkable that a congregation of Christ's church would be content for their preacher to be the Executive Director of a liberal denominational organization? It is in the same category as a preacher of the Lord's church serving as a leader of the World Council of Churches.

Dr. Holloway's undergraduate education was at Freed-Hardeman College, a bastion of conservative thought. In recent years he has become a leading spokesman among those calling for changes in the Church of Christ while reaching out to his denominational peers. As has been true in a multitude of other cases, when a liberal preacher meets a liberal religious organization, they embrace, exchange a kiss of greeting and walk hand in hand away from Christ.

I don't know about you, but as for me and my house we choose to stay with Jesus who is head over all things to the church of which we are members (Eph. 1:22). [/color]

E-Mail:  mailto:johnwaddey@aol.com
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on November 5th, 2016, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

March 3rd, 2010, 2:16 pm #2

According to Lipscomb University's web site, some of the Bible faculty have received advanced degrees not only from institutions associated with the Church of Christ, but also from institutions associated with the denominations, such as Southern Baptist and Presbyterian seminaries and "multi-denominalional" seminaries. So it makes you wonder what kind of religious teaching the Lipscomb students are getting from such an ecumenical Bible faculty. Years ago, Lipscomb's Bible faculty were comprised entirely of men who were trained in schools associated only with the Church of Christ. Now it would seem that Lipscomb wants a more "diversified" Bible faculty.

Joe Spivy
Joe Spivy

March 5th, 2010, 12:07 pm #3

Could you give an example of the time (how many "years ago"), with the names of Bible instructors, when your statement was true? It doesn't have to be the last time it was true just an idea of a time when it was true. Thank you.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

March 5th, 2010, 4:01 pm #4

I graduated from Lipscomb (then) College in 1971. The Lipscomb Bible faculty that preached Bible Truth back then were, for example, Batsell Barrett Baxter, Leo Snow, J.C. Goodpasture, Clyde Miller. That's certainly not an exhaustive list, but it will give you a start. I don't recall any of the Bible faculty at that time who had advanced degrees from explicitly denominational institutions like Southern Baptist and Presbyterian seminaries.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

March 5th, 2010, 5:22 pm #5

According to Lipscomb University's web site, some of the Bible faculty have received advanced degrees not only from institutions associated with the Church of Christ, but also from institutions associated with the denominations, such as Southern Baptist and Presbyterian seminaries and "multi-denominalional" seminaries. So it makes you wonder what kind of religious teaching the Lipscomb students are getting from such an ecumenical Bible faculty. Years ago, Lipscomb's Bible faculty were comprised entirely of men who were trained in schools associated only with the Church of Christ. Now it would seem that Lipscomb wants a more "diversified" Bible faculty.
I had previously stated, "Years ago, Lipscomb's Bible faculty were comprised entirely of men who were trained in schools associated only with the Church of Christ." I must back up and clarify that. The statement was not meant to imply that those men had received advanced degrees exclusively from schools associated with the church of Christ and nowhere else. Many also received advanced degrees from divinity schools associated with large universities. The point I am making is that I do not know of any of the Lipscomb Bible faculty back in the late '60s and early '70s who received advanced degrees from schools that were explicitly associated with the denominations, such as Southern Baptist, Presbyterian, and Methodist seminaries.

If Lipscomb wants to remain a school associated with the church of Christ and teach church of Christ doctrine, which comes straight from the Bible, then why would Lipscomb bring in Bible faculty who have been trained in schools and seminaries that are explicitly associated with the denominations?

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

March 5th, 2010, 10:48 pm #6

Lowery's first "let's suppose" was to determine whether Lipscomb would continue to be associated with the Church of Christ. That would be like the president of a public company deciding whether it would honor the investment of the owners. Of course, in the postmodern era lying is not lying based on "eminent domain." Having read much of the stuff promoted by the faculty I can tell you that there is little that would pass for scholarship even within denominational schools.

INCLUSIVE you must be and suppress all DISTINCTIVES of the people who founded and funded the college. However, Lipscomb had some early strange views.

The other influence has been by people who are careless readers of the Restoration Documents. As a result they paint Campbell as ecumenical and a trinitarian: both false. Allen and Hughes blame the "failure" of the Church of Christ" on rejecting the views of William Miller who convinced the Disciples that THEY had to form a society and convert all of the Jews BEFORE it would be possible for Jesus to Return. They miss the fact that Campbell reviewed all of the millenniel views and rejected them all as literal. He clearly saw the kingdom set up at the First advent.

They have told the lie that the Church of Christ became a legalistic, sectarian group in 1906 by DIVIDING from the Christian. Some trick since the NACC was not founded until 1927 and the split from the Disciples not complete until 1971. That was when men like Leroy Garret began an effort at UNITY which always meant "you add instruments and we can be in unity." Since that time the NACC has sponsored "unity meetings" at which they pass out their "white paper" filled with black lies. The recent hostile takeovers by Max Lucado, Rick Atchley, Ronnie Norman, Chris Seidman and Mark Henderson has been HANDLED with agents from the NACC holding hands and working to convince the "scholars" at places like ACU that God actually CAOMMANDED instrumental praise.

Gardner Hall: The most eloquent protests against such worldliness have come not from the more conservative elements of "the mainstream" but from progressives such as C. Leonard Allen, John Mark Hicks and Rubel Shelly. In various books and publications, they plead for more personal spirituality, Bible study and prayer even as they press for women in the pulpit, acceptance of instrumental music in worship and other elements of their progressiveagenda. The authors of the book, Kingdom Come... are from this progressive group

http://www.piney.com/KingdomComeOne.html

(3) Harding and Lipscomb represented the third stream seen among churches around 1900. The authors call it the "Nashville Bible School Tradition." Richard Hughes used the term "apocaliptic" to describe this third approach and feels that it originated with Barton W. Stone.

Ed Harrell prefers the term "cultural separatism." It was characterized by an emphasis on separation from the world, pacifism, a belief in the personal indwelling of the Spirit, concern for the poor, Gods providential intervention apart from the Word and in the case of Harding, R.H. Boll and others, premillennialism.

Tom Brite
Tom Brite

March 6th, 2010, 1:58 am #7

I had previously stated, "Years ago, Lipscomb's Bible faculty were comprised entirely of men who were trained in schools associated only with the Church of Christ." I must back up and clarify that. The statement was not meant to imply that those men had received advanced degrees exclusively from schools associated with the church of Christ and nowhere else. Many also received advanced degrees from divinity schools associated with large universities. The point I am making is that I do not know of any of the Lipscomb Bible faculty back in the late '60s and early '70s who received advanced degrees from schools that were explicitly associated with the denominations, such as Southern Baptist, Presbyterian, and Methodist seminaries.

If Lipscomb wants to remain a school associated with the church of Christ and teach church of Christ doctrine, which comes straight from the Bible, then why would Lipscomb bring in Bible faculty who have been trained in schools and seminaries that are explicitly associated with the denominations?
Joe, nothing like catching Bill in another lie and watching him squirm.

Joe Spivy
Joe Spivy

March 9th, 2010, 10:52 pm #8

It was not my intent to catch someone or to watch them squirm. The statement to which I responded may not have been entirely correct but I too have been guilty of making statements which were imprecise.

Batsell Barrett Baxter, for whom two very close relatives are named, had a profound influence for good on many people, as did the other men who were mentioned. It is my understanding that brother Baxter earned a B.D. degree from Vanderbilt. The Divinity School there was at one time associated with the Methodist Episcopal Church, South but made the decision to become ecumenical in the early 20th century. Leo Snow received his M.Div. from Vanderbilt.

Clyde Miller, in addition to his studies at Harding and Southern Christian, attended Hebrew Union- a Jewish school.

I am unconvinced one's Alma mater is the culprit. For the sake of the conversation, it would be helpful for me if the specific concerns and areas of disagreement with the Bible faculty (and the direction of the school) were identified.

This is not an attempt to defend, condemn, or vilify an individual or institution. I would simply like to be able to follow the discussion without distractions which, at times, seem unrelated.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

March 10th, 2010, 5:47 am #9

It would seem that the goal of some people (not Joe) is to vilify and vent their perpetual anger and hatred against those with whom they disagree. They contribute nothing to the discussion, only hateful distractions which are, indeed, unrelated to the topic at hand.

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

March 10th, 2010, 4:01 pm #10

C. Leonard Allen Lipscomb Trinity as Antichrist

http://www.piney.com/C.Leonard.Allen.An ... inity.html

C.Leonard.Allen.Trinity.and AntiChrist.html

prophesied and fulfilled in Revelation 17-18

Discovering our Roots

http://www.piney.com/Restoration-Roots.html

1Pet. 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

C. Leonard Allen on the Trinity.

http://www.piney.com/Trinity.Leonard.Allen.html

1Cor. 8:6 But to us there is but one God [Theos], the Father,
of whom are all things, and we in him;
and one Lord [Kurios] Jesus Christ,
by whom are all things, and we by him.

God made Jesus of Nazareth TO BE Lord and Christ.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly,
that God hath made that same Jesus,
whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

John says that if you deny that Father God and Son Lord you are ANTI-Christ

God the Father breaths (spirit) into Jesus without metron (meter) and Jesus SPEAKS only what He hears from the Father.

Commands Examples and Inferences

http://www.piney.com/Commands.Examples. ... ences.html

Scripture and recorded history defends God's right to speak ONCE FOR ALL TIMES and will not tolerate a latter day creature to claim the role of creator FOR THEIR CULTURE. Christ said of those who do not SPEAK the Word THERE IS NO LIGHT IN THEM.

Spirit of Divination at Lipscomb

http://www.piney.com/Spirit.of.Divination.html

Ephesians 4 Unity in Diversity NOT

http://www.piney.com/Ephesians.4.Unity. ... rsity.html

WE HAVE A NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR ??
Gary Holloway wants Churches of Christ to join the WORLD'S religion Jesus died to put down.

http://www.piney.com/Gary.Holloway.Worl ... hrist.html

A. Oikoumen-2 (sc. g), h, A. inhabited region, v. oikeo A. 1 ; then the Greek world, opp. barbarian lands, The inhabited world, h philia perikhoreuei tn oi.

B. Dioik-e diksamn keep house: hence, generally, control, manage, administer, manage after one's own will and pleasure, managing to make such iniquitous profits, act collusively with ton kosmon Id.Phdr.246c;

C. kosmos , ho, A. order, kata kosmon in order, duly, shamefully, generally, of things, natural order, ornament, decoration, esp. of women, metaph., of ornaments of speech, such as epithets, to sing sweet songs of praise, world-order, universe, first in Pythagoras, of earth, as opp. heaven, 3. in later Gr., = oikoumen, the known or inhabited world, 5. houtos ho k. this present world, i.e. earth, OPPOSITE. heaven, Ev.Jo.13.1; regarded as the kingdom of evil, ho arkhn tou k. toutou ib.12.31.

Kenneth Sublett
ConcernedMembers

=================================

[color=#0000FF" size="5" face="times]Christian Church [World] Convention and Lipscomb's Bible Professor[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]John Waddey[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I realize that most members of the Church of Christ know nothing of an Executive Director to represent us and attend to our needs. But the February/March issue of the Christian Chronicle tells us that "Bible Professor, Minister Named Director of World Convention." The Chronicle reporter then adds, "The convention includes members of Churches of Christ, Christian Churches and Disciples of Christ." That Bible Professor is Dr. Gary Holloway, professor at Lipscomb University and preacher for the Natchez Trace Church of Christ of Nashville. You may wonder just what is this "World Convention?" It is the World Convention of the Disciples of Christ, Christian Churches and the pitiful handful of liberal Churches of Christ who have embraced the Change Movement. The convention is the creation of the Disciples of Christ, who a century ago abandoned the commitment to restore the faith and practice of the first century church. Theologically and culturally, they stand among the most liberal Protestant denominations.

Their World Convention is a vital part of their ecumenical outreach that includes involvement with the World Council of Churches. They presume to speak for those who trace their roots back to the "Stone-Campbell Movement." They look to Barton Stone and Alexander Campbell as the founders of their denomination.

I can understand the Disciples of Christ wanting a World Convention. They do not feel bound to abide by the teaching of Christ on any subject, thus they create anything they wish to have for their work. The marvel is that a minister of a Church of Christ and a professor at Christian school associated with the Church of Christ would be compatible with and acceptable to leaders of the Disciples of Christ. Could it be that he shares their view of Christianity?

Fellowship between our brethren and the Disciples of Christ was broken in the last quarter of the 19th century. The division was over such matters as their creation of a missionary society and a general convention that proposed to conduct business for the entire brotherhood, instrumental music in worship, women preachers and church leaders and theological liberalism. In that division the liberals captured some 85 percent of our brotherhood and virtually all of our schools and mission outposts. Bro. David Lipscomb led our brethren in opposing their apostasy. Through the pages of his Gospel Advocate he and his associates stood as a bulwark that kept the liberals from sweeping the entire brotherhood into their camp. Lipscomb gave his farm and his resources to create the Christian School that yet bears his name, as a means of training young Christians who would be faithful to Christ, his church and his word. He did so that they would know to reject the departures of the Disciples of Christ. In the twentieth century, the Disciples church devolved further from the teaching of Christ and have now lost virtually all resemblance to the church of the Bible. In recent years they have opened their fellowship to homosexuals. They are now a shrinking, declining body of people.

Does it not strike you as strange that a man who is a professor of Bible at David Lipscomb's school would now be eager to join hands with those who almost destroyed us in the past. The Disciples certainly have not changed. They are further away, not one inch closer to the Bible, than a century ago. It is remarkable that the president and trustees of Lipscomb University seem fully comfortable with the professor who has obviously abandoned all that Bro. Lipscomb stood for?

Is it not remarkable that a congregation of Christ's church would be content for their preacher to be the Executive Director of a liberal denominational organization? It is in the same category as a preacher of the Lord's church serving as a leader of the World Council of Churches.

Dr. Holloway's undergraduate education was at Freed-Hardeman College, a bastion of conservative thought. In recent years he has become a leading spokesman among those calling for changes in the Church of Christ while reaching out to his denominational peers. As has been true in a multitude of other cases, when a liberal preacher meets a liberal religious organization, they embrace, exchange a kiss of greeting and walk hand in hand away from Christ.

I don't know about you, but as for me and my house we choose to stay with Jesus who is head over all things to the church of which we are members (Eph. 1:22). [/color]

E-Mail: mailto:johnwaddey@aol.com
Rhonda Lowery is a founding mother of the Spiritual Formation from Fuller and others.
She has been teaching it at Lipscomb and now they have a new college of Spiritual Formation. Another word would be witchcraft. They believe that they can go into a monkish trance and hear the TRUE spiritual word of some god.

http://www.piney.com/Lipscomb.Preaching.2008.html

http://www.piney.com/David.Lipscomb.Summer.2008.html

Rubel Shelly was back in the saddle this year along with John York and some of the Rochester College.
The born from ABOVE is an old Shelly and John Harris belief that they are BORN FROM ABOVE. Therefore, they have the right to use their imagination to revision a new set of Scriptures for our postmodern (hee haw) culture.

http://www.piney.com/John.York.Born.Above.html

Rehash of an old foolish paper

http://www.piney.com/MailJohn356.html

http://www.piney.com/David.Lipscomb.Council.2009.html

John Mark Hicks is promoting the old but new Hardiman patternism which is in conflict with the conservative Texas pattern. He distorts Alexander Campbell (they all do) to make him into a TRINITARIAN. However, considtent with liberal artists he ignores the real writings of Campbell. The LU theses hatched by H. Leo Boles is that the godhead is something like three men able to hold conferences. They are now ecumenical promoting instrumental music, a wider role for women, and an "apocalyptic" vision where they claim falsely that the Church of Christ destroyed itself by not accepting the millenniel views of A.C. Of course, they don't know--couldn't know--that millenniel harbinger intended to EXPLAIN and repudiate all of the literal views.

http://www.piney.com/Trinity.Hicks.Rochester.html

Their Bible guru got outed by his daughter and had to leave: now a leading board member--spokesman is on the police blotter.

To name just a few.