Blasphemy: Claiming that psallo commands instrumental music.

Marvin L. Weir
Marvin L. Weir

February 6th, 2004, 1:49 pm #1

All performance "worship" is defined as LYING WONDERS because the Kingdom does not come with observations meaning religious services.

THE END OF THE ROAD FOR MUSICAL DISCORDERS WITH OR WITHOUT MACHINES

Revelation 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
Revelation 18:22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians [Muses], and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
Revelation 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Rick Atchley and others managed to divert churches of Christ into being Christian Churches. The fact is that when you tamper with the Word God sends strong delusions and the MARK is musical and theatrical performance called worship. From James this is defined as IMPURE religion.

Rick will be USED by the NACC under the mask of unity but that always means that you become instrumental. A church is A School of Christ and what happens in the towers of Babylon are worship centers but not Christian. The Book of Revelation which they will twist promoting COSMIC WORSHIP is an end-time prophecy:

http://www.piney.com/NACC.2013.Revelation.5.html

http://www.piney.com/NACC.2013.Revelation.4-5.html

http://www.piney.com/NACC.2013.Revelation.11.html

http://www.piney.com/NACC.2013.Revelation.19-20.html

http://www.piney.com/NACC.2013.Revelation.21.html

Is sowing discord on the basis of the PSALLO word Blasphemy of the Spirit OF Christ

Review of Truitt Adair's review of Rick Atchley.

http://www.piney.com/Truitt.Adair.Rick. ... ments.html

Preachers are shooting blanks and keeping their career path safe as long as they agree that Amos (by the Spirit of Christ) condemned only their "attitude." And as long as they say that God commanded anything in the cursed king, kingdom, temple, sacrificial system at which they made exorcism noises never called music. The church is built upon the Prophets and Apostles all who radically condemn the the Civil-Military-Clergy complex as robbers, parasites and hypocrites (defined as speakers, singer and instrument players). There is NO historic scholar who did not agree that Amos was condemning the use of instruments in Samaria.

When Ahaz took the sacrifices and noise (never music) outside of Jerusalem he violated God's law which quarantined the horrors behind closed doors . If you become a Levite singer outside of the Temple in Jerusalem the PATTERN is that God will send a plague upon you.

http://www.piney.com/Rick.Atchley.Chris ... usion.html

http://www.piney.com/Rick-Atchley-Music.html

Jesus thought of the Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites Christ named as orators, singers and instrument players in Ezekiel 33 NOT WORTHY of being able to understand the Words of Christ. You may be there.

FORT WORTH CHURCH CONVERTS HUNDREDS?

Marvin L. Weir

The above title was taken from the October, 1998, Christian Chronicle. I took the liberty of adding the question mark, and if you continue to read, I believe you will understand why such liberty was taken.

The Chronicle article observes that the Richland Hills Church of Christ in Fort Worth, Texas, has baptized 600 people in the last 18 months. The question of concern to their preacher, Rick Atchley, was "How did you do it?" Atchley mentions "fasting and prayer for the lost" and "blatantly evangelistic sermons at regular intervals" as methods used to reach the lost.

The Chronicle article remarks that "most congregations, even large ones, such as Richland Hills, struggle to baptize even 50 people a year." This causes one to wonder just what it is that Richland Hills is doing and not doing in their appeal to the lost. This congregation has long been known to rank second to none in espousing liberalism and digression in the Fort Worth area.

The majority today are akin to those of Jesus' day in that they seek out only the loaves and fishes (cf. John 6:26). The liberal congregations among us are seeking to attract people with every denominational gimmick that has been invented. It is fun and games coupled with Pentecostal emotionalism rolled up into a "made to feel good shuck" that appeals to the masses of our society.

But now, let's observe what Rick Atchley believes and teaches that was not and will not be revealed in the Christian Chronicle article. On October 14, 1990, Rick's sermon at Richland Hills was entitled "Don't Bother Your Brother." In his infamous explanation and misrepresentation of Mark 9:38-41 he states, "Let's not limit the kingdom of God to the size of our brotherhood ... I was raised in churches of Christ ... maybe this wasn't said, but this is what I heard ... the only people that could go to heaven were in churches of Christ ... I'm going to suggest to you not only is that not Biblical, but it is in fact a violation of the very restoration plea to which we are heirs ... let me say this clearly ... A Christian is determined by his affiliation with Christ, not with any particular group ... I have brothers and sisters in Christ who may be in churches where I couldn't worship ... But if grace will cover moral error, why are we so afraid to let it cover doctrinal error? ... First, about our past ... If we're the only Christians, and we've only been around since the early 1800's, where were all the Christians the first 1800 years of the church?"

Do we "limit the kingdom of God" when we exclude fellowship from those of denominational persuasion? I think not! Are we wrong in teaching that only those who are going to heaven will be members of the Lord's body, the church of Christ (cf. Eph. 4:4; Rom. 16:16; Eph 5:23)? Again, I think not! Does not the statement that "a Christian is determined by his affiliation with Christ, not with any particular group" endorse denominationalism? I believe so! Is there "grace" to cover error outside the gospel? Absolutely not (cf. 1 Tim. 2:1; Gal. 3:26-27)! Has the church of my Lord existed only since the 1800's? Does Rick believe the church of Christ was founded by Alexander Campbell? The truth of the matter is that the church of Christ has existed since Pentecost, A.D. 33, and the precious "seed" (Luke 8:11) produces the same thing today as it produced then.

It was at the 1998 Nashville Jubilee that Rick Atchley said, "Let's close with prayer. Bow your head, please ...Ask God to put on your heart right now something for your church ... The Spirit will bring something to mind if you are sincere in your asking. Let God right now put something on your heart and it may be weeks and it may be months and it may be years in coming but if it is from God don't stop asking."

Brethren and friends, this is requesting a direct operation of the Holy Spirit upon the mind of man! The Bible teaches the Spirit works today through the word of God (Eph. 6:17) and it is foolishness for one to expect to receive a latter-day revelation from God (cf. Gal. 1:6-9; 2 Peter 1:3; Jude 3).

If Atchley has "brothers" who believe in Christ and have been immersed to join a denomination, and he believes in the direct operation of the Holy Spirit on the mind of man today, then why should we not suspect that the 600 may have not responded to the pure, unadulterated Gospel of Christ? Repentance still precedes baptism, and scriptural baptism is still for the remission of sins, and Christ still adds the saved to His church, the church of Christ (cf. Luke 13:3; Acts 2:38,47)! The Richland Hills church and Rick Atchley do not need to be praised, and as the saying goes, "the proof is in the puddin."

5810 Liberty Grove Rd.
Rowlett, TX 75089
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on May 17th, 2013, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marvin L. Weir
Marvin L. Weir

February 7th, 2004, 7:55 am #2

<font size=5>Faithfulness Vs. Foolishness</font>

Jeremiah was instructed by God to present this message to all who came to worship: "...Stand in the court of Jehovah's house, and speak unto all the cities of Judah, which come to worship in Jehovah's house, all the words that I command thee to speak unto them; diminish not a word. It may be they will hearken, and turn every man from his evil way; that I may repent me of the evil which I purpose to do unto them because of the evil of their doings" (Jer. 26:2-3).

God's house has never been the place to fail to teach all God's glorious Truth. The message from God was to diminish not a word! Why would one desire to modify the force of the word of God? The answer is found in verse eight: "And it came to pass, when Jeremiah had made an end of speaking all that Jehovah had commanded him to speak unto all the people, that the priests and the prophets and all the people laid hold on him, saying, Thou shalt surely die." Upon arrival of the "princes of Judah" to God's house, the people's sentiments are again expressed: "Then spake the priests and the prophets unto the princes and to all the people, saying, This man is worthy of death; for he hath prophesied against this city, as ye have heard with your ears" (Jer. 26:11).

Jeremiah is declared "worthy of death" because he refused to diminish the word of God! What "worshippers" of the Lord's people in every congregation need today is a faithful declaration of the <font color=“blue”>"whole counsel of God"</font> (cf. Acts 20:27) so they might have the opportunity to turn from their evil ways (cf. Jer. 26:3). The apostate "dreamers" among us may appeal to those who have "itching ears" and a desire to <font color=“blue”>"turn their ears from the truth"</font> (2 Tim. 4:3-4), but faithfulness, not foolishness, is what God requires of His followers! The warning given in Revelation applies to that book and all other books of Holy Writ. John says, "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book" (Rev. 22:18-19).

It is utter foolishness to follow apostates like Jeff Walling, Max Lucado, Mike Cope, Rubel Shelly, Rick Atchley, Buddy Bell, Joe Beam, Larry West, Terry Rush, and a host of others of like-trifling stripe down the super-highway that leads to destruction. An apostate congregation is a curse to the people who attend, the city in which they reside, and to the Lord Himself! It is a disgrace for a child of God to ridicule and show utter contempt for the inspired Word. O how people need to ask today, <font color=“blue”>"Is it from heaven or from men"</font> (cf. John 21:25)?

<font color=“blue”>Jeremiah's reply to those who threatened him was: "...amend your ways and your doings, and obey the voice of Jehovah your God; and Jehovah will repent him of the evil that he hath pronounced against you" (Jer. 26:13). This is our plea for today's purveyors of foolishness and false doctrine! </font>

Marvin L. Weir
5810 Liberty Grove Rd.
Rowlett, TX 75089
Last edited by ConcernedMembers on February 7th, 2004, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lisa
Lisa

February 8th, 2004, 5:47 pm #3

How nice the view must be from atop your moral high horse! Have you ever worshipped at the Richland Hills church? Have you sat down and spoken to Mr. Atchley about the way you feel about what he is teaching? Does the BIBLE not say if you have something against your brother you should go to him and work it out? I guess you didn't read that part of the BIBLE. You also missed the part about gossiping and judging your brothers and sisters in Christ. I guess that would take all your "fun" away if you couldn't blast them behind their back. If you have a problem with these men, why don't you talk to them personally as a true Christian and brother in Christ would do?

I have grown up in the churches of Christ with people who proclaimed to be the only ones going to heaven. What an arrogant statement! Do you really feel you are worthy to judge the hearts of every man and deem who is worthy and who is not? Only God and the holy spirit can do that. I have noticed over the years how some people who profess to be Christians are mostly the ones stirring up trouble and causing divisions in the church. If things are not done exactly the way they feel it should be they are the FIRST in line to gossip, hate and cause division. God clearly speaks against those things and names them as SINS. The BIBLE teaches us to LOVE;not just when we feel like it, or to love those who love us back. It just says to LOVE.
Let's try loving each other and bringing more people to Christ.

"Let he who is WITHOUT SIN cast the first stone".

Chai Voraritskul
Chai Voraritskul

February 13th, 2004, 1:22 pm #4

All performance "worship" is defined as LYING WONDERS because the Kingdom does not come with observations meaning religious services.

Revelation 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
Revelation 18:22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians [Muses], and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
Revelation 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Rick Atchley and others managed to divert churches of Christ into being Christian Churches. The fact is that when you tamper with the Word God sends strong delusions and the MARK is musical and theatrical performance called worship. From James this is defined as IMPURE religion.

Rick will be USED by the NACC under the mask of unity but that always means that you become instrumental. A church is A School of Christ and what happens in the towers of Babylon are worship centers but not Christian. The Book of Revelation which they will twist promoting COSMIC WORSHIP is an end-time prophecy:

Is sowing discord on the basis of the PSALLO word Blasphemy of the Spirit OF Christ

Preachers are shooting blanks and keeping their career path safe as long as they agree that Amos (by the Spirit of Christ) condemned only their "attitude." And as long as they say that God commanded anything in the cursed king, kingdom, temple, sacrificial system at which they made exorcism noises never called music. The church is built upon the Prophets and Apostles all who radically condemn the the Civil-Military-Clergy complex as robbers, parasites and hypocrites (defined as speakers, singer and instrument players). There is NO historic scholar who did not agree that Amos was condemning the use of instruments in Samaria.

When Ahaz took the sacrifices and noise (never music) outside of Jerusalem he violated God's law which quarantined the horrors behind closed doors . If you become a Levite singer outside of the Temple in Jerusalem the PATTERN is that God will send a plague upon you.

Jesus thought of the Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites Christ named as orators, singers and instrument players in Ezekiel 33 NOT WORTHY of being able to understand the Words of Christ. You may be there.

Marvin L. Weir

The above title was taken from the October, 1998, Christian Chronicle. I took the liberty of adding the question mark, and if you continue to read, I believe you will understand why such liberty was taken.

The Chronicle article observes that the Richland Hills Church of Christ in Fort Worth, Texas, has baptized 600 people in the last 18 months. The question of concern to their preacher, Rick Atchley, was "How did you do it?" Atchley mentions "fasting and prayer for the lost" and "blatantly evangelistic sermons at regular intervals" as methods used to reach the lost.

The Chronicle article remarks that "most congregations, even large ones, such as Richland Hills, struggle to baptize even 50 people a year." This causes one to wonder just what it is that Richland Hills is doing and not doing in their appeal to the lost. This congregation has long been known to rank second to none in espousing liberalism and digression in the Fort Worth area.

The majority today are akin to those of Jesus' day in that they seek out only the loaves and fishes (cf. John 6:26). The liberal congregations among us are seeking to attract people with every denominational gimmick that has been invented. It is fun and games coupled with Pentecostal emotionalism rolled up into a "made to feel good shuck" that appeals to the masses of our society.

But now, let's observe what Rick Atchley believes and teaches that was not and will not be revealed in the Christian Chronicle article. On October 14, 1990, Rick's sermon at Richland Hills was entitled "Don't Bother Your Brother." In his infamous explanation and misrepresentation of Mark 9:38-41 he states, "Let's not limit the kingdom of God to the size of our brotherhood ... I was raised in churches of Christ ... maybe this wasn't said, but this is what I heard ... the only people that could go to heaven were in churches of Christ ... I'm going to suggest to you not only is that not Biblical, but it is in fact a violation of the very restoration plea to which we are heirs ... let me say this clearly ... A Christian is determined by his affiliation with Christ, not with any particular group ... I have brothers and sisters in Christ who may be in churches where I couldn't worship ... But if grace will cover moral error, why are we so afraid to let it cover doctrinal error? ... First, about our past ... If we're the only Christians, and we've only been around since the early 1800's, where were all the Christians the first 1800 years of the church?"

Do we "limit the kingdom of God" when we exclude fellowship from those of denominational persuasion? I think not! Are we wrong in teaching that only those who are going to heaven will be members of the Lord's body, the church of Christ (cf. Eph. 4:4; Rom. 16:16; Eph 5:23)? Again, I think not! Does not the statement that "a Christian is determined by his affiliation with Christ, not with any particular group" endorse denominationalism? I believe so! Is there "grace" to cover error outside the gospel? Absolutely not (cf. 1 Tim. 2:1; Gal. 3:26-27)! Has the church of my Lord existed only since the 1800's? Does Rick believe the church of Christ was founded by Alexander Campbell? The truth of the matter is that the church of Christ has existed since Pentecost, A.D. 33, and the precious "seed" (Luke 8:11) produces the same thing today as it produced then.

It was at the 1998 Nashville Jubilee that Rick Atchley said, "Let's close with prayer. Bow your head, please ...Ask God to put on your heart right now something for your church ... The Spirit will bring something to mind if you are sincere in your asking. Let God right now put something on your heart and it may be weeks and it may be months and it may be years in coming but if it is from God don't stop asking."

Brethren and friends, this is requesting a direct operation of the Holy Spirit upon the mind of man! The Bible teaches the Spirit works today through the word of God (Eph. 6:17) and it is foolishness for one to expect to receive a latter-day revelation from God (cf. Gal. 1:6-9; 2 Peter 1:3; Jude 3).

If Atchley has "brothers" who believe in Christ and have been immersed to join a denomination, and he believes in the direct operation of the Holy Spirit on the mind of man today, then why should we not suspect that the 600 may have not responded to the pure, unadulterated Gospel of Christ? Repentance still precedes baptism, and scriptural baptism is still for the remission of sins, and Christ still adds the saved to His church, the church of Christ (cf. Luke 13:3; Acts 2:38,47)! The Richland Hills church and Rick Atchley do not need to be praised, and as the saying goes, "the proof is in the puddin."

5810 Liberty Grove Rd.
Rowlett, TX 75089
This post is my response to the post on this thread: “APOSTATE: Rick Atchley and Richland Hills Church’s Liberalism and Digression” posted by Marvin L. Weir, dated 2/6/2004, in which he commented on the article: “Fort Worth Church Converts Hundreds” {?}, appeared in the Christian Chronicle, October 1998 issue. All statements from Marvin’s post are enclosed within {} brackets here.

{I} [Marvin L. Weir] {took the liberty of adding the question mark [to the article heading], and if you continue to read, I believe you will understand why such liberty was taken.} May the Lord be gracious to you for your slanderous and contemptuous remarks concerning his activities among his believers at Richland Hills Church of Christ, and his mighty work through Rick Atchley, his servant. May the Lord also grant you the true “liberty” that only he can grant to any believer and his exceedingly awesome power, available to anyone who dares to accept and receive it by a simple trusting faith (2Corinthians 3:17f; Colossians 2:9f; John 14:12-14). May your “question mark” turn into an “exclamation mark” soon after you have finished reading this post.

{The Chronicle article observes that the Richland Hills Church of Christ in Fort Worth, Texas, has baptized 600 people in the last 18 months.}

Confirmation of numerous baptisms. I, Chai Voraritskul, as a regular member of RHCC for many years, as of this writing, 2/13/2004, affirm that I have witnessed consistently, along with thousands of other members of RHCC, 1-2 persons being baptized in almost every worship assembly in the last several years. There are three services scheduled for each Sunday morning at RHCC. The attendants averaged about 1,000 to 1,500 in each worship service. Conservatively, my personal estimate is that there are at least 5 or more people baptized each week on an average for many years. About half of these are children of members of this congregation growing up to the point of maturity to receive Christ and be baptized to be united with him. There is no special program to encourage premature decisions, and there is no observable difference in their ages compared to those baptized in any other Church of Christ congregation. The rest of those baptized were adults who were outsiders, whose lives have been touched by God through the activities and prayers rendered jointly by numerous members of this church. I cannot recall seeing Rick Atchley himself ever baptize any one. I sense that he is totally focused in feeding and inspiring the congregation with the powerful word of God. If you wish to hear his preaching, log on to the Richland Hills Church of Christ’s web page @ RHChurch.org, and select “Sermons Online.” All of his sermons were recorded and are available for free listening and downloading. Check him out and judge for yourself what kind of message he preaches. There is a wealth of other information concerning Richland Hills Church at that web site. Any one wishing to know how God is at work through his people at RHCC can also click on the icon: 2003 or 2004 Ministry Video Presentation on the home page. For more information, call the RHCC church office.

{The question of concern to their preacher, Rick Atchley, was "How did you do it?" Atchley mentions "fasting and prayer for the lost" and "blatantly evangelistic sermons at regular intervals" as methods used to reach the lost.}

Marvin, have you ever done that, fasting and praying for the lost and blatantly preaching evangelistic sermons at regular intervals? I heard Rick Atchley mention in one of his sermons that he has been fervently praying for 1,000 baptisms each year. I am not a prophet or son of a prophet, but I have no doubt that God will honor that prayer because of Rick’s faith, and it is the Father’s will to save those who are still lost. Have you ever pondered on the word of Jesus spoken in John 14:12-14? Do you have any appreciation for the awesome truth and power revealed in this passage? Meditate on this everyday for a week or two, and see, brother.

{The Chronicle article remarks that "most congregations, even large ones, such as Richland Hills, struggle to baptize even 50 people a year."} To make such a statement, the author of the Chronicle must have seen a lot of dead and dying churches, but probably had never experienced the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ at work in a living, thriving church (1Thessalonians 1:5). {This causes one to wonder just what it is that Richland Hills is doing and not doing in their appeal to the lost} They lift up, high above all else, Jesus as the Christ. They extend grace and acceptance, as they receive grace and acceptance. They build bridges and remove walls. They respond to the prompting of the Spirit. When they worship and praise God, they indeed worship and praise God, not just giving lips. They are not in church to entertain or be entertained, but they do express their love and joy in Jesus freely. Go the web site of Richland Hills Church of Christ and see what the Spirit of Christ is doing through the body of Christ there. {This congregation has long been known to rank second to none in espousing liberalism and digression in the Fort Worth area.} Marvin, what is liberalism? What is digression? Will you please define these words when you label a church? How do you characterize your own church?

{The majority today are akin to those of Jesus' day in that they seek out only the loaves and fishes (cf. John 6:26)} Are you speaking from knowledge or from ignorance? Is this not a slanderous statement? {The liberal congregations among us are seeking to attract people with every denominational gimmick that has been invented. It is fun and games coupled with Pentecostal emotionalism rolled up into a "made to feel good shuck" that appeals to the masses of our society.}

Marvin, soul’s energy, power, might, and human activities, not initiated by the Spirit, are all busy works. Jesus said: “If I (Jesus) be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me” (John 12:32). Do you know why a lot of churches are dead or dying and draw no one? Jesus is not lifted up. The work of the flesh is. Church of Christ dogma is. Look at your own church, is it drawing any one? If not, whom are you lifting up? Your right church dogma? Your furor against others who disagree with you? “The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing” (John 6:63). It is not the gimmick, emotionalism, “salvation in the church of Christ, or “made to feel good shuck” garbage you mentioned. “ ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty” (Zechariah 4:6).

{Has the church of my Lord existed only since the 1800's? Does Rick believe the church of Christ was founded by Alexander Campbell? The truth of the matter is that the church of Christ has existed since Pentecost, A.D. 33, and the precious "seed" (Luke 8:11) produces the same thing today as it produced then.} The Church of Christ is not the whole church of Christ. Your rhetoric, reference to history, or your theology, does not negate the fact that the two are not exactly identical. If you can’t see that, you have been either totally brain washed, deceived, or living in denial.

{It was at the 1998 Nashville Jubilee that Rick Atchley said, "Let's close with prayer. Bow your head, please ...Ask God to put on your heart right now something for your church ... The Spirit will bring something to mind if you are sincere in your asking. Let God right now put something on your heart and it may be weeks and it may be months and it may be years in coming but if it is from God don't stop asking."}

{Brethren and friends, this is requesting a direct operation of the Holy Spirit upon the mind of man!} That is correct. And the Holy Spirit is directly operating upon my mind at this time. I have a message from the Lord for you, Marvin. Listen up.

Marvin. “Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand” (Romans 14:4).

“You then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat” (Romans 14:10).

“Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that men will have to give account on the Day of Judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned” (Matthew 12:33-37).

What does it mean when the scripture says: “The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children?” (Romans 8:16). How does the Spirit testify? To whom? With whom? How does your spirit or my spirit communicate with God’s Spirit, and vice versa? Do you ever communicate with the Holy Spirit in you?

{The Bible teaches the Spirit works today through the word of God (Eph. 6:17)} Ephesians 6:17 says: “Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” It says the sword (of the Spirit) is the word of God. It does not say that the Spirit works ONLY through the word of God. This scripture does not support your statement in any way, Marvin. You can slob your scripture around and fool only those who don’t read it discerningly or know what it says. It does not work in this case, brother. {and it is foolishness for one to expect to receive a latter-day revelation from God (cf. Gal. 1:6-9; 2 Peter 1:3; Jude 3)} It is foolishness to the one whose mind is already made up that God shall, must, ought to, or is expected to, remain only silent after the Bible has been given to mankind. The three scriptures you have cited do not say he has retired or stopped communicating with his people or his church. Don’t read anything into the word of God that the word of God does not say. “Speak where the Bible speaks” motto does not give any one a license to misrepresent God’s word. Read the following scriptures, mediate on them, put them together, and tell me what they mean to you, Marvin? Colossians 1:27, 3:2-4; Galatians 2:20; Hebrew 13:8; John 5:17, 20-23, 39f, 10:27. Why is Christ in you? How does he communicate with you? Do you treat him as if he does not exist in your body? Has he changed? Since when has he changed? Since when did he stop speaking to his church? What gives you the idea that having given us the Bible, he will have no further communication with his children beyond the written pages of the Bible till Christ’s return?

Do you know why the mainline traditional Churches of Christ are dying everywhere? The death occurred when they began to believe, operate, and preach this very message and the message that salvation is in the church! God is never silent and salvation is not in the church. Salvation is in Christ and Christ alone. This is so subtle, but absolute deadly! The mainline traditional Churches of Christ have cut themselves off from the Spirit of Christ who seek to communicate with them, but they have disconnected all lines of communication. Every Church of Christ that communicates with the Spirit and lifting up Christ instead of his church as the author of salvation, grows and functions mightily. Test my word and see!

{If Atchley has "brothers" who believe in Christ and have been immersed to join a denomination, and he believes in the direct operation of the Holy Spirit on the mind of man today, then why should we not suspect that the 600 may have not responded to the pure, unadulterated Gospel of Christ?}

Rick’s sermons are all available, free of charge at RHChurch.org, in the section marked: “Sermons Online.” Listen, then judge. Furthermore, I don’t know if Rick has baptized anyone in the last few years, or has spoken much to any of the prospects prior to their baptisms. He preaches to the congregation, but most of the teaching, leading, and nurturing are done jointly by various other members of the church.

{Repentance still precedes baptism, and scriptural baptism is still for the remission of sins, and Christ still adds the saved to His church, the church of Christ (cf. Luke 13:3; Acts 2:38,47)! The Richland Hills church and Rick Atchley do not need to be praised,} RHCC or Rick need no praise from you, Marvin. {and as the saying goes, "the proof is in the pudding."} Go to RHChurch.org and look. The table is set. There is plenty of good food besides “pudding” there. Witness what God is doing through his people at Richland Hills Church of Christ. Let no man blaspheme or malign the work of the Spirit. The invitation is extended to include you, brother.

Chai Voraritskul
2/13/2004.

Rusty Stark
Rusty Stark

February 14th, 2004, 8:40 am #5

Chai,

I appreciate your defense of RHCC. I don't believe you are addressing the right person. Marvin Weir may have written the article, but it may be that brother Cruz posted it here...looks like it to me.

rs

Roelf L. Ruffner
Roelf L. Ruffner

February 14th, 2004, 12:49 pm #6

Marvin L. Weir

5810 Liberty Grove Rd.
Rowlett, TX 75089
<font size=5>Coming In Through The Back Door</font>

<font size=3>Roelf L. Ruffner</font>

“Now these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes; that in us ye might learn not to go beyond the things which were written; that no one of you be puffed up for one against the other” (1 Cor. 4:6, ASV — emphasis mine, RLR).

<font color=“blue”>In this present period of apostasy, it is amazing the lengths that some brethren will go to CHANGE THINGS. They are quite sneaky in their approach to transforming the body of Christ into a denomination.</font> A case in point is the Richland Hills Church of Christ in Fort Worth, Texas. These misguided brethren have long been known for their departure from the Truth. Some time back, they decided to appoint female deacons or deaconesses. Of course they didn't call them deaconesses but “Fellow Servants.” In fact, Richland Hills no longer has deacons. Both male and females are now called “Fellow Servants.” They were presented to the congregation on a Wednesday night and the preacher spoke on the topic of “Deaconesses.” It is like calling the job of undertaker a “mortician” or a “funeral director;” they all do the same thing (no offense to this profession.).

There is not one scintilla of scriptural authority for the office of deaconess or an elderess. Sisters-in-Christ are not to hold positions of leadership in the church. The apostle Paul, speaking on behalf of Jesus, wrote, “But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence” (1 Tim. 2:12). But apparently, that inspired injunction is not enough for these brethren. The fragile thread of legitimacy they cling to is found in Romans 16:1 concerning Phoebe “a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea.” The word “servant” (diakono) used in this verse is the feminine form of the word “deacon.” But this Greek word is used many times in a general sense in the New Testament. Paul was certainly not a deacon, but he calls himself a diakonos or servant (1 Cor. 3:5; 2 Cor. 3:6). Most translations use the word “servant” in Romans 16:1, even the notoriously unreliable NIV. There were NO deaconesses in the church in the first century. That office came along centuries later in the form of the perpetual celibacy of the Nuns and Convents of the Roman church (cf. 1 Tim. 4:3).

But the folks at Richland Hills are just trying to ape their denominational friends. Because of the Women's Liberation Movement in this country, many religious bodies are falling all over themselves to “ordain” women as deacons, bishops and priests. They boast how “progressive” they are. The real word to describe this practice is “digressive” or departing from the pattern of the New Testament. They have digressed “beyond the things which were written” (1 Cor. 4:6) and “goeth onward and abideth not in the teaching of Christ” (2 John 9, ASV). It is something not new at all, to seek to adapt to the world. The prophet Samuel heard the ancient Israelites say “Now make us a king to judge us like all the nations” (1 Sam. 8:5); and that was almost 3,000 years ago.

In fact, the goings on at Richland Hills sound a lot like what happened over a hundred years ago in this country. <font color=“blue”>Digressive brethren, wanting to be like the denominations, moved in a piano or organ into church buildings via the back door. At first, the instrument was placed in the basement to only be used on special occasions. Soon it was in the auditorium covered by a sheet for “convenience sake.” Finally, the sheet was removed and the worship of God was profaned</font> (Eph. 5:19; Col. 3:16-17). Bible believing brethren were forced to leave because of this “back door strategy.” The digressives formed their own denomination, the Disciples of Christ/Christian Church complete with organs and eventually female elders.

It does not take a prophet or the son of a prophet to see the consequences of Richland Hills' Fellow Servants abomination. Eventually there will be female elders and female preachers. Once we take the broad way “that leadeth to destruction” (Matt. 7:13), we can let the top down, shift into high gear and go full throttle down the paved highway of apostasy. Soon you don't even need a back door strategy, all will be accepted. But any attempt to please ourselves without considering God's will does not please God. “Not every one that saith unto me. Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven” (Matt. 7:21).

“Seek The Old Paths,” Vol. 14 No. 7
Last edited by ConcernedMembers on February 14th, 2004, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 20th, 2011, 10:05 pm #7

Jay Guin is a good lawyer: he has come up with a new foundational authority for instrumental music. However, his premise that God commanded the king, kingdom, temple, animal sacrifices and the associated instrumental noise is wrong: there is no historic scholarship among the church fathers that God commanded that which was the result of "firing" God and demanding a human king.

http://www.piney.com/Jay.Guin.Instrumen ... ament.html

Fred Whaley
Fred Whaley

February 24th, 2011, 9:37 pm #8

Ken --my friend--

There had not been a reply to this message in 7 years 6 days and 16 minutes.

You just resurrected it! Way to go Ken. Keep up the important work.

Fred Whaley

February 25th, 2011, 3:41 am #9

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Fred,

I thought you were about to give us an update. I am disappointed.

Thanks, anyway, for helping resurrect it after 7 years and 7 days and 7 minutes. We've known all along of the best you can offer.[/color]

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

February 25th, 2011, 4:31 am #10

Fred forgot to add some Elmer Fudd.