Bammel Church of Christ in Houston, Tx

June 10th, 2004, 1:46 pm #11

Yes, Anonymous, it is a sad day when bretheren need to use an anonymous website to discuss changes in the church. If you have been present at Bammel recently, you too must be aware of the changes that are subtly (and not so subtly) taking place there.
Is the preacher giving a more progressive message of "change and discomfort are a good thing",
"old hymnals are a thing of the past",
and "anyone who resists changes is himself divisive or against God?"

Yes, these things, and many more, are being preached on Sunday mornings. Are there other changes afoot as well? Is the eldership/deaconship being truthful and open about these intentions? Do the members know? If not, then why? I think that divisiveness is coming from those who wish to CHANGE the church away from its strong New Testament stand, and not those who wish to hold to the unchanging hand of the Lord. Remember, that our interpretations of the Bible should NOT change, as there is nothing new under the sun. Are we to believe that changes in interpretation ("It's not a salvation issue" is the battlecry of those who want change) of the Bible are as God-inspired as the Bible itself?

In closing, I think that ALL Christians need to KNOW what the Bible says, FOLLOW what the New Testament church model should be, and PRAY to Our Heavenly Father that you can stand strong enough in your faith to fellowship in a church congregation that conscientiously does the same.

In Him- Concerenedone

Sharphagion
Sharphagion

February 4th, 2005, 6:38 pm #12

Raised in the church, I was baptized at the age of twelve. I have undergone several serious surguries sence my birth. I have seen the hand of God working in our temporal existance. And I have seen Satan.

This is what I have to say, take it as you will. I know the scriptures. My sword is sharp. I could cut down ever arguement that you have made. However, I will lay my sword down and offer this prayer...

God, take my life and the lives of all those who read this and break them. Remake us as you see fit. Use us as you will. Bind us from petty arguing amongst ourselves. Be our light through this dark land. Help us find you. Amen

I love you. I long for the day that we may be unitied in one spirit. I will pray for you.

B
B

March 30th, 2005, 5:53 pm #13

I realize I found this thread a little after the original post in October 2002, but I would like to make some observations about that first post.

"Change agents have hit Bammel Church of Christ in Houston, Tx. This has been going on for the past 20 + years."

If it's taking them over 20 years, they're not doing a very good job as change agents.

"I used to attend there but no longer because of this."

God bless you. I wish more would learn from your example. Once you reach the stage where it is obvious that the congregation is not going to turn back in your direction, there is no point in staying and being miserable (assuming you have another congregation available). If you were new to a town with 3 congregations, and 2 of them had practices you felt uncomfortable with; which one would you attend?

"They have a praise team."

Praise team is now a meaningless buzzword. If you are talking about an all male praise team, there is no less authority for that in scripture than for a single songleader. If you are talking about a male/female praise team, then the true issue is the women's role and has NOTHING TO DO WITH MUSIC. People have argued this point from the wrong angle for too long. Many who could care less if you have 1 songleader or 10 would still respect the women's role argument, if someone would make it.

"...and the men are having some kind of Power Breakfasts and they hold a mens prayer time in "a COMMUNITY room"

Men eating and praying together? Scandalous!

"They have their "connection groups" meeting in homes on sunday night and throughout the week."

Christians meeting together in homes? Where could they have come up with a crazy idea like that? Are you familiar with the 1st century church? Apparently these change agents have taken 2000 years to get their agenda through.

"They have once a year have a dedication for the new babies in the congregation."

Do you remember a couple by the name of Joseph and Mary bringing their baby to the temple? Although scripture does not require this act of Christians today, what could be wrong about parents making a public statement that they want to raise their new baby in the Lord?

"They have a woman as a minister to the women."

I don't think Paul ever wrote anything about women being silent and not having authority over other women.

"I know there is more. They are starting a bible class teaching from the book "Experiencing God". Only 10 to this class. I was attending there for a long time and didn't realize what was going on."

Okay, first there's nothing wrong with studying a book. Second, every educational institution likes to brag about student teacher ratio. 10 to a class is not a negative. Third, how long do you have to attend a Bible class before you know what it's about?

"They also have a class where they do majority of the time is singing of contemporary songs, and then they have a little time for a very short devotional."

At most churches, at least a third of the people who attend a morning worship service DO NOT attend Bible class. If a class like you describe would appeal to some of that third, is that not better than their not coming at all?

"This is happening also to Spring Woodlands Church of Christ in the Woodlands, Tx where we use to attend as well."

Could you be the change agent?

"They are fixing to build a 10 million + dollar building up north somewhere."

It ain't cheap to build in Dallas. What amount would be O.K. with you?

"This is more powering than Jim Jones and his cult."

Really? What is the death toll at the Woodlands? This is right up there with the Hitler/NIV Bible comparison.

"I can't believe how people can be so blind and deaf about what is going on in these churches."

Me neither.

"They are so wrapped up in being entertained."

I guess only you, along with God, know their hearts.

It's no wonder we can't settle the scriptural issues. We're too busy creating our own.

April 15th, 2005, 3:02 pm #14

Change agents have hit Bammel Church of Christ in Houston, TxThis has been going on for the past 20 + years. I use to attend there but no longer because of this. They have a praise team and the men are having some kind of Power Breakfasts and they hold a mens prayer time in "a COMMUNITY room". They have their "connection groups" meeting in homes on sunday night and throughout the week. They have once a year have a dedication for the new babies in the congregation. They have a woman as a minister to the women. I know there is more. They are starting a bible class teaching from the book "Experiencing God". Only 10 to this class. I was attending there for along time and didn't realize what was going on. They also have a class where they do majority of the time is singing of contemporary songs, and then they have a little time for a very short devotional. This is happening also to Spring Woodlands Church of Christ in the Woodlands, Tx where we use to attend as well. They are fixing to build a 10 million + dollar building up north somewhere. They have their praise teams standing in front of the audience singing their solos and clapping their hands. This freightens me. It is nothing but the devils work. They have had 2 splits that I know of. This is more powering than Jim Jones and his cult. I can't believe how people can be so blind and deaf about what is going on in these churches. They are so wrapped up in being entertained.
Yes, it's all(sadly)true. I started attending Bammel Road Church of Christ last year because I was trying to find a congregation closer to my home that I could attend on a regular basis. But I could not continue to worship in this unGODly place. There are "NIV" PERversions of the Bible behind every pew in this place. This is how Satan and his change artists can get away with perverting the Church of Christ by substituting his counterfeit (so-called "MODERN" versions for the TRUE Word of God. You will rarely find the tried and tested King James translation being used by these change artist because the true Word of God would put a monkey wrench in their overall corrupted plans.

They have no concern for what God would have them to do. They don't care if the "NIV" has serious errors, additions, and subtractions which are strictly prohibited by the Lord (Rev. 22:18,19 KJ Trans. {don't look it up in the "NIV" because the Book of Life has been changed to the "tree" of life}). They are only concerned about making more money and unifying all faiths.

This is what happens where ever you take the true Word of God out of the equation and Satan knows it. That is why they will not use or even promote the use of the King James Translation. Beware of any Church that is using
these corupted "modern" versions and know that these versions are a "subtil" tool of Satan (Gen. 3:1) He changed the word of God in the beginning to cause us to sin and he knows that some of us are are still naive enough to fall for the "oldest trick in the Book" (literally).

April 15th, 2005, 5:24 pm #15

Change agents have hit Bammel Church of Christ in Houston, TxThis has been going on for the past 20 + years. I use to attend there but no longer because of this. They have a praise team and the men are having some kind of Power Breakfasts and they hold a mens prayer time in "a COMMUNITY room". They have their "connection groups" meeting in homes on sunday night and throughout the week. They have once a year have a dedication for the new babies in the congregation. They have a woman as a minister to the women. I know there is more. They are starting a bible class teaching from the book "Experiencing God". Only 10 to this class. I was attending there for along time and didn't realize what was going on. They also have a class where they do majority of the time is singing of contemporary songs, and then they have a little time for a very short devotional. This is happening also to Spring Woodlands Church of Christ in the Woodlands, Tx where we use to attend as well. They are fixing to build a 10 million + dollar building up north somewhere. They have their praise teams standing in front of the audience singing their solos and clapping their hands. This freightens me. It is nothing but the devils work. They have had 2 splits that I know of. This is more powering than Jim Jones and his cult. I can't believe how people can be so blind and deaf about what is going on in these churches. They are so wrapped up in being entertained.
I will simply say to you what Jesus said once in Matthew 16:23 in the King James Translation and not Satan's corrupted modern versions such as the "NIV".

M't:16:23: But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

I notice you guys don't give many bible references, you only give your opinion, which means absolutely nothing to some one who only seeks to please God and not man or brothers in Christ or preacher's or elders. We should only value God's opinion and back it up we book, chapter and vs.. according to I Thess. 5:21-28.

1Th:5:21: Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1Th:5:22: Abstain from all appearance of evil.
1Th:5:23: And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th:5:24: Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
1Th:5:25: Brethren, pray for us.
1Th:5:26: Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.
1Th:5:27: I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.
1Th:5:28: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

***If I were you "Anonymous", I would not be going around calling Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, {quote from you},

" The evil one loves our efforts to divide His church."

(or maybe you mean by "His church" - Satan's church" ??? Becuase in Matt 10:34-39. Jesus states,

M't:10:34: Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
M't:10:35: For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
M't:10:36: And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
M't:10:37: He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
M't:10:38: And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
M't:10:39: He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

We need to follow Jesus and stop helping Satan send people in mass quantities to Hell.

If I seem to be passionate about this subject, so was Jesus. I follow him, and so should you.

April 15th, 2005, 5:36 pm #16

Yes, it's all(sadly)true. I started attending Bammel Road Church of Christ last year because I was trying to find a congregation closer to my home that I could attend on a regular basis. But I could not continue to worship in this unGODly place. There are "NIV" PERversions of the Bible behind every pew in this place. This is how Satan and his change artists can get away with perverting the Church of Christ by substituting his counterfeit (so-called "MODERN" versions for the TRUE Word of God. You will rarely find the tried and tested King James translation being used by these change artist because the true Word of God would put a monkey wrench in their overall corrupted plans.

They have no concern for what God would have them to do. They don't care if the "NIV" has serious errors, additions, and subtractions which are strictly prohibited by the Lord (Rev. 22:18,19 KJ Trans. {don't look it up in the "NIV" because the Book of Life has been changed to the "tree" of life}). They are only concerned about making more money and unifying all faiths.

This is what happens where ever you take the true Word of God out of the equation and Satan knows it. That is why they will not use or even promote the use of the King James Translation. Beware of any Church that is using
these corupted "modern" versions and know that these versions are a "subtil" tool of Satan (Gen. 3:1) He changed the word of God in the beginning to cause us to sin and he knows that some of us are are still naive enough to fall for the "oldest trick in the Book" (literally).

I have read over your response to the person who calls himself "B". I myself always look for book bible and verse and you sir/mam, have provided that unlike "B". After careful review of your response all I could say was AMEN.

B
B

April 15th, 2005, 9:13 pm #17

I will simply say to you what Jesus said once in Matthew 16:23 in the King James Translation and not Satan's corrupted modern versions such as the "NIV".

M't:16:23: But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

I notice you guys don't give many bible references, you only give your opinion, which means absolutely nothing to some one who only seeks to please God and not man or brothers in Christ or preacher's or elders. We should only value God's opinion and back it up we book, chapter and vs.. according to I Thess. 5:21-28.

1Th:5:21: Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1Th:5:22: Abstain from all appearance of evil.
1Th:5:23: And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th:5:24: Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
1Th:5:25: Brethren, pray for us.
1Th:5:26: Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.
1Th:5:27: I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.
1Th:5:28: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

***If I were you "Anonymous", I would not be going around calling Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, {quote from you},

" The evil one loves our efforts to divide His church."

(or maybe you mean by "His church" - Satan's church" ??? Becuase in Matt 10:34-39. Jesus states,

M't:10:34: Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
M't:10:35: For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
M't:10:36: And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
M't:10:37: He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
M't:10:38: And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
M't:10:39: He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

We need to follow Jesus and stop helping Satan send people in mass quantities to Hell.

If I seem to be passionate about this subject, so was Jesus. I follow him, and so should you.

"I have read over your response to the person who calls himself "B". I myself always look for book bible and verse and you sir/mam, have provided that unlike "B". After careful review of your response all I could say was AMEN."

There weren't scriptures in my response because the complaints from his posts weren't SCRIPTURAL issues. That was the entire point. Where were the scriptures in the first post that I was responding to? I guess you would throw that one out, too.

And to the other poster, Jesus didn't say anything in the King James Bible. Jesus' words were written down in Greek by the writers of the New Testament. Each translation has its own strengths and weaknesses. Generally, the NASB is closer to the Greek than either the KJV or the NIV. Of course, my only statement about the NIV was that the Hitler comparison is ludicrous. Luckily, you were able to jump to about 17 conclusions based on that.

David Rhoades
David Rhoades

April 15th, 2005, 11:19 pm #18

B..... You talk like you know what your talking about. Unfortunately, it's obvious to me you don't.

The NASB is just simply an early version of the NIV.

Understanding what has happend to the modern versions of the Bible is not an easy task.

If you depend on publishers like Zondervan to educate you, then it's a hopless task.

First... It's hard to get through to folks that there are TWO different versions of New Testament Greek text.

It's not a matter of translating it properly. Let me say it again, there are TWO versions!

Not only that, there are two or more versions of the Old Testament Text!

If you are studying from a Bible published since around 1900, chances are the the New Testament follows Westcot & Hort's corrupted version of the New Testament Greek text.

AND!!!

The Old Testament is Rudolph Kittel's 1937 corruption, Biblia Hebraica.

In case you are wondering, Kittel had a reason to corrupt the Old Testament. And yes he worked for Hitler.

You'll have to study to find the answer though.

http://www.concernedmembers.com/spiritu ... tion.htm#3

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

April 16th, 2005, 3:27 am #19

While I once enjoyed reading the NIV I found that there are two places where it becomes a commentary, often translating a word ONCE to teach that at Baptism we PLEDGE, in the words of Max Lucado, to be good boys. Their view that baptism is BECAUSE we are already saved. The old word ANSWER to a good conscience (1 Pe 3:21) still works because God CALLS us and we ANSWER or call on God to wash away our sins at baptism. However, this less-common "answer" is ALWAYS to REQUEST something. That is, at baptism we REQUEST a good conscience which is A holy spirit. In the other 9 uses of the word they ALWAYS translate it ASK or something similar.

They botch most of the MUSICAL passages.

Eph 5:19 Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make MUSIC in your heart to the Lord,

In Colossians 3:16 the message is to sing WITH GRACE in the heart. Both melody and grace are Greek qualities of prose or poetry. There is no MUSIC connection. Melody is a "series of single notes" and this was "the normal inflection of the voice." That is why Paul commanded SPEAK which is antithetical to MAKE MUSIC. The evidence is clear in the ancient literature but the Britannica sums it up: "Melody as TUNEFULNESS belongs to the 19th century." TOO late to be the meaning of Paul.

This is also the FEMINIST Bible used by Willow Creek because it "comments" more than translates the role of women. At Willow Creek, even old, founding elders have to take the course from a woman and "Gladly covenant to be under the rule of female elders." That is something like FEMALE HUSBANDS.

And COME TO THINK OF IT, these are THE issues people have used to deliberately SOW DISCORD.

Ken

April 16th, 2005, 3:52 am #20

Well said David,

Thank God that there is someone else here that is a lover of the truth.

Re: B. [ " Jesus did not walk the earth in 1611 " ]

Do you even think about the things that you are writing? It doesn't even make sense.

Does Jesus Christ have to be "physically" present during the time of a translation in order for it to be accurate???

Was Jesus Christ physically 'walking the earth' at the time that the New Testament was being written??? How about during the writing of the Old Testament???

Re: B. [And to the other poster, Jesus didn't say anything in the King James Bible. Jesus' words were written down in Greek by the writers of the New Testament. Each translation has its own strengths and weaknesses. Generally, the NASB is closer to the Greek than either the KJV or the NIV. Of course, my only statement about the NIV was that the Hitler comparison is ludicrous. Luckily, you were able to jump to about 17 conclusions based on that.]

Question: Why are the "NASB" and "NIV" published by the same company that publishes the Satanic bible???

(from a site on the web)

From their (Zondervan) own web site:

Zondervan was founded in 1931 in Grandville, Michigan, a suburb of Grand Rapids, by brothers P.J. (Pat) and Bernie Zondervan.

Zondervan first published the NIV New Testament in partnership with the International Bible Society in 1973 and the complete NIV Bible in 1978.

In 1988, Zondervan became a division of HarperCollinsPublishers, one of the largest publishers in the world.

ZONDERVAN IS OWNED BY HARPERCOLLINS!

The NIV Bible and the Satanic Bible are printed by the same parent company, Harpercollins!

So are you going to listen to the devil and his little helpers about the NIV?

***Let's see how "accurate" your beloved "nasb" version is:
(from another site on the web)

Perversions in the NIV & NASB

Can God Lie?

Mark 1:1-3

NIV

The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
It is written in Isaiah the prophet: "I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way"
"a voice of one calling in the desert, `Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.'"

NASB

The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
As it is written in Isaiah the prophet: ""BEHOLD, I SEND MY MESSENGER AHEAD OF YOU, WHO WILL PREPARE YOUR WAY;
THE VOICE OF ONE CRYING IN THE WILDERNESS, "MAKE READY THE WAY OF THE LORD, MAKE HIS PATHS STRAIGHT.'''

But wait!
"Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me"
is not found in Isaiah! It is found in Malachi 3:1!!

"The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord..." is found in Isaiah 40:3
Even the NIV and NASB footnotes admit this! Click here to see.

But what does the KJV say?

"As it is written in the prophets..." (Mark 1:2)

Isaiah + Malachi does not equal "Isaiah the prophet."

Isaiah + Malachi equals "the prophets."

Apparently the modern scholsrs can't tell the differnece between "Isaiah" and "the prophets."
If they didn't they wouldn't have made this contradiction in their translations.

But, what if the manuscripts they used are in error?
What if they really do say "Isaiah the prophet?"
Can these manuscripts be trusted?

Can God lie?

"Thy word is TRUE" Psalm 119:160 "...God, that CANNOT LIE..." Titus 1:2

Another lie in the NASB:

John 7:6-11

6 So Jesus said to them, " My time is not yet here, but your time is always opportune.
7 " The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it, that its deeds are evil.
8 "Go up to the feast yourselves; I do not go up to this feast because My time has not yet fully come.''
9 Having said these things to them, He stayed in Galilee.
10 But when His brothers had gone up to the feast, then He Himself also went up, not publicly, but as if, in secret.
11 So the Jews were seeking Him at the feast and were saying, "Where is He?''

In verse 8, Jesus is saying that He is not going to the feast, but in verse 10, He went anyway.
This makes it appear that Jesus lied.

The King James says:

6 Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come: But your time is alway ready.
7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.
8 Go ye up unto this feast:
I go not up yet unto this feast: for my time is not yet full come.
9 When he had said these words unto them, he abode still in Galilee.
10 But when his brethren were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.
11 Then the Jews sought him at the feast, and said, Where is he?

It is only a one-word difference, but in the KJV, the Lord Jesus is NOT made a liar.

If debating this minor change seems unimportant to you,
one new Christian almost lost his faith over it.
See http://www.balaams-ass.com/journal/reso ... e-dice.htm

Is Jesus in Danger of Judgment?
Matthew 5:22

"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment..." KJV

"But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment..." NIV

"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court..." NASB

The newer versions omit "without a cause."
Another "minor" change, right?
Read Mark 3:5

He [Jesus] looked around at them in anger and, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts..." NIV
After looking around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, He said to the man..." NASB

In this verse, Jesus was angry, but he had a reason, "the hardness of their hearts."
In the NIV and NASB, anyone who is angry is in danger of judgment, period.
This would make our Lord Jesus in danger of judgment!!!

Blasphemy in the new Bible versions:

NIV calls Satan "Jesus!!!"

Lucifer is another name for Satan. It is found once in the Bible:
Isaiah 14:12:
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! KJV

But the NIV and the NASB (and others) leave it out:
How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn!
You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! NIV

How you have fallen from heaven, O star of the morning, son of the dawn!
You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations! NASB

But wait? Who is the "morning star?"
The NIV reveals that the morning star is none other than Jesus Christ:

"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star." Revelation 22:16,
But wait! Didn't the NIV say that the morning star is an evil creature that is fallen from heaven?
Didn't the NIV replace "Lucifer" with "morning star?"
Jesus and Satan are one in the NIV!

But wait, you say. The Isaiah 12:14 "morning star" is not capitalized, but the Revelation 22:16 one is.
They have to be different then, because of this.
Wrong. The NIV also calls Jesus, "morning star" with all lower case letters:

And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 2 Peter 1:19,
I will also give him the morning star. Revelation 2:28--

What about the NASB?
The NASB changes "Lucifer" to "star of the morning" which is means the exact same thing as "morning star." They are gramatical equivalants. The NASB, in effect, makes Satan Jesus. too! This is much more subtle than the NIV, but it is still there.
Another thing about this confusion over the identity of "morning star" the Bible says that God is not the author of confusion (1 Corintians 14:33). If God is not the author of confusion, then who is behind these new "Bible" versions? Who would want us to believe that Jesus and Satan are one?

Now, do you still think that the "NASB" version is more accurate than the King James translation?