Ask away

Jason Shepherd
Jason Shepherd

October 23rd, 2015, 9:34 pm #21

The deeper issue is that of being willing to rupture the local congregation in order to have an individual's way, rather than instrumental music. A group was willing to rupture the body in order to have instruments and to carry its young into captivity.

The original fundamental issue involving it was that it represented the foremost characteristic of those who were unwilling to place secular authority over religious authority, and to place denominational development as more important than congregation autonomy. Such emblems as the flag, secularism, hierarchical development were all greater threat than instrumental music. But instrumental music became a SYMBOL of all these digressive developments.

The Disciples thought that applying modern techniques to worship and church organization would bring droves of people to their meeting places. Today, the Disciples are roughly 600,000 in membership, and are begging their people to study the Bible more.

Someone remarked that the average young person in the church is not familiar with the contents of John 3:16. It would be interesting to know how many person know the Beatitudes, difference between the New Testament and the Old Testament, or how grace in conditioned on obedience. Some parents are shocked when they realize the gap between their knowledge and that of their children.
Scripture sound like I did you a favor, "taking" all those liberals! You're welcome. What's your real name scripture? I'd love to grab lunch.

Rocnar
Rocnar

October 24th, 2015, 12:34 pm #22

Jason, as far as we can tell, Scripture is from the Mt. Juliet area. [. . .] Scripture has never revealed [. . .] in this forum. Good luck!

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Rocnar, from what area are you? Are we to expect some revelation from you soon? We are really curious.[/color]
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on October 24th, 2015, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocnar
Rocnar

October 25th, 2015, 7:38 am #23

Thanks Ken! I think we make a great tag team after all!

Rocnar
Rocnar

October 25th, 2015, 4:02 pm #24

Even when people use common words such as rants, they do not know that this defines their WORSHIP services. I am not sure whether you can RANT by writing: the historic scholars demanded teaching in writing because the simple mind could be swayed by RANTING. Ranting was that charismatic arousal by religious rites creating PANIC named after PAN the god of the cappellas.

Plut. Adulator 12

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/tex ... ight=rants

It was this that ruined Sicily, by styling the tyranny of Dionysius and Phalaris nothing but justice and a hatred of villanous practices. It was this that overthrew Egypt, by palliating the ling's effeminacy, his yellings, his enthusiastic rants, and his beating of drums, with the more plausible names of true religion and the worship of the Gods.

It was this that had very nigh ruined the stanch Roman temper, by extenuating the voluptuousness, the luxury, the sumptuous shows, and public profuseness of Antony, into the softer terms of humanity, good nature, and the generosity of a gentleman who knew how to use the greatness of his fortune. What but the charms of flattery made Ptolemy turn piper and fiddler?" What else put on Nero's BUSKINS and brought him on the stage ? Have we not known several princes, if they sung a tolerable TREBLE, termed Apollos when they drank stoutly, styled Bacchuses; and upon wrestling, fencing, or the like, immediately dubbed by the name of Hercules, and hurried on by those empty titles to the commission of those acts which were infinitely beneath the dignity of their character?

Hercules introduced those ACTS called sodomy into religious worship as in the Jerusalem Temple. If you had read Romans 1 you would understand that the EFFEMINATE nature of the PROGRESSIVES is both the expression and cause of what Plato called GENDER BLEED. Singing that religious style was the CAUSE of effeminancy: if you act it you will become it. The Levites sang FALSETTO and the ORGANUM singers in the Sistine Chapel (caper, cappells, goat shrine) were castrated and thus pleased the Pope more than the FALSETTOS. When you hear that WHINE it might signal more than a tornado.

God used SPEAK, READ, LISTEN words to absolutely EXCLUDES Hercules doing his works on you.

I have decided to not challenge the one addicted to mythology any more. Frankly, I have better things to do.

I believe the addicted one is a mere "goat" among the gods. They say once you go "PAN" you can't come back. I feel he must be happy.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/imag ... VI-BBBqzbA

October 25th, 2015, 5:11 pm #25

Thanks for the picture of the CAPPELLA praise leader: He bleats but the Castratos in the Sistine Chappel (cappella, capter, goat) sang ORGANUM called harmony because all of the team were in HARMONY or they all sang the same note at the same time. Melody has never at any time in recorded history meant four mouths, to four sets of words to four different tunes and four different times. When I was locked up they and Paul called that MADNESS.

Britannica Singing is the act of producing musical sounds with the voice, and augments regular speech by the use of both tonality and rhythm. One who sings is called a singer or vocalist. Singers perform music (arias, recitatives, songs, etc.) that can be sung either with or without accompaniment by musical instruments.

In many respects human song is a form of sustained speech. Singing can be formal or informal, arranged or improvised. It may be done for pleasure, comfort, ritual, education, or profit. Excellence in singing may require time, dedication, instruction, and regular practice. If practice is done on a regular basis then the sounds are said to be more clear and strong.[1]

Speech is the vocalized form of human communication. It is based upon the syntactic combination of lexicals and names that are drawn from very large (usually about 10,000 different words) vocabularies. Each spoken word is created out of the phonetic combination of a limited set of vowel and consonant speech sound units. These vocabularies, the syntax which structures them, and their set of speech sound units differ

Linguistic theories generally regard human languages as consisting of two parts: a lexicon, essentially a catalogue of a language's words (its wordstock); and a grammar, a system of rules which allow for the combination of those words into meaningful sentences.

Acts 15:21 For Moses
of old time
hath in every city
them that preach him,
being read in the synagogues
every sabbath day.

What part of SPEAK or READ do you not grasp

Bill
Bill

October 26th, 2015, 1:56 am #26

I have decided to not challenge the one addicted to mythology any more. Frankly, I have better things to do.

I believe the addicted one is a mere "goat" among the gods. They say once you go "PAN" you can't come back. I feel he must be happy.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/imag ... VI-BBBqzbA
Is that one of those hilarious screaming goats?

October 27th, 2015, 5:02 am #27

Just checking in from Well House. Hope all is well, I miss you guys!

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Jason, your ID, please? So, when was the last time you posted?[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]After Jason's initial post, he's responded only twice so far. It appears that only a few questions have been asked up to this point. Let's not miss this opportunity to "ask away." I gather that while he may be willing to answer difficult questions, let's be conversational. [/color]

Rocnar
Rocnar

October 27th, 2015, 2:11 pm #28

Jason, how important is the sign out front (SOF) at the local Church?

October 27th, 2015, 5:10 pm #29

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]After Jason's initial post, he's responded only twice so far. It appears that only a few questions have been asked up to this point. Let's not miss this opportunity to "ask away." I gather that while he may be willing to answer difficult questions, let's be conversational. [/color]
My responses to Rocnar-Rancor belong in the SCHOOL thread and I will fit them in. Rocnar may be speaking for Jason. First, I will note and challenge Jason and all of the LUites in these last days to explain what part of

"IF you Love Jesus then the pattern is FEED MY SHEEP" they do not understand.

That would make a preacher's job much easier because God has provided all of the FOOD.

Rocnar
Rocnar

October 27th, 2015, 11:52 pm #30

Jason, I believe you may have written this? Do you standby this?

Salvation by Grace Through Faith

We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross of Calvary by which we obtain remission of sins (Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:12, 22; Romans 5:11).

Water Baptism

We believe in the necessity of water baptism by immersion in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in order to fulfill the command of Christ (Matthew 28;19; Acts 2:37-39; 19:1-6).

Please give Jason time to respond on this. Thanks.