Are elders destroying the unity?

April 20th, 2016, 8:58 pm #11

Prior post should read...my dad actually "named" me after the goddess Diana or Dianna.

NCP
NCP

April 21st, 2016, 3:16 am #12

Apparently, you two communicate behind the scene. If you can make stand alone posts you will not have this problem. This has to be embarrassing. I do believe the secret is out.

April 21st, 2016, 5:28 am #13

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I would say that we have true disciples (learners) of Christ in our midst. I think Dianna is a disciple of Christ with an open mind.

(However, I'm still somewhat confused about the post being "moved" [from where?] and combining the "second thread into one." Would quoting [with quotation marks] or font color/size help? OK ... it's probably just my lack of time to review various messages being posted. I need to read the posts so I can make the "connection.")

NCP, you have a new, expensive computer? And a new forum handle? Does it mean "National Consumer Panel"? Just kidding.[/color]

NCP
NCP

April 21st, 2016, 12:22 pm #14

Donnie,

I still use the computers at the Library. The kids still make fun of me and call me names. I sneak and hide and stay at the library most nights.

NIM COM POOT = (NCP)

The good news is NCP is due to rotate very soon. Sarge is on his way in. Two days and a wake-up! See you then!

April 21st, 2016, 2:26 pm #15

Apparently, you two communicate behind the scene. If you can make stand alone posts you will not have this problem. This has to be embarrassing. I do believe the secret is out.
You are at least HALF-APT, Sarge, Dianne and I communicate often. I have this thingy called E-MAIL.

She has assumed the SAME RIGHT as anyone else to "GO and teach that which has been taught." I ALWAYS COPY from everyone beginning with Clay Tablets maybe 2,000 years old when Moses wrote his INVERTED Creation account to debunk the old and new Babylonian Cosmology and religion.

Here is a sample of Email

Church of Christ seem to be a scholarly group, so I would like to know your explanation of of Col 1:15 “Firstborn of every creature”, and Rev 3:14 ….“The beginning of the creation of God”.

Obviously Christ in His prer-incarnate state was not a creature in the Arian sense, so what does it mean?

I told him that Jesus said that "Doctors of the law take away the key to knowledge" and that the way to be a DISCIPLE OF CHRIST is just to copy what He taught as He spoke ONLY what He heard from the ONE GOD THE FATHER who breathed (not a people) the Spirit-Word into Him. He told His Apostles to COPY AND PASTE what they heard from Him.

I copied lots of SCRIPTURE and mailed it without comment. I may mail it to Dianne and she will mail her findings to me and I may COPY them and USE them if that's okey dokey.

The actual COMMAND is to Paste And Copy or for the never-APT elder "Teach that which HAS BEEN TAUGHT." Contrary to LU, I was warned against using my IMAGINATION and have no opinion I did not copy.

April 21st, 2016, 2:28 pm #16

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I would say that we have true disciples (learners) of Christ in our midst. I think Dianna is a disciple of Christ with an open mind.

(However, I'm still somewhat confused about the post being "moved" [from where?] and combining the "second thread into one." Would quoting [with quotation marks] or font color/size help? OK ... it's probably just my lack of time to review various messages being posted. I need to read the posts so I can make the "connection.")

NCP, you have a new, expensive computer? And a new forum handle? Does it mean "National Consumer Panel"? Just kidding.[/color]
Donnie, I have tried to separate the two posts. See iffen this helps.

April 21st, 2016, 2:42 pm #17

You are at least HALF-APT, Sarge, Dianne and I communicate often. I have this thingy called E-MAIL.

She has assumed the SAME RIGHT as anyone else to "GO and teach that which has been taught." I ALWAYS COPY from everyone beginning with Clay Tablets maybe 2,000 years old when Moses wrote his INVERTED Creation account to debunk the old and new Babylonian Cosmology and religion.

Here is a sample of Email

Church of Christ seem to be a scholarly group, so I would like to know your explanation of of Col 1:15 “Firstborn of every creature”, and Rev 3:14 ….“The beginning of the creation of God”.

Obviously Christ in His prer-incarnate state was not a creature in the Arian sense, so what does it mean?

I told him that Jesus said that "Doctors of the law take away the key to knowledge" and that the way to be a DISCIPLE OF CHRIST is just to copy what He taught as He spoke ONLY what He heard from the ONE GOD THE FATHER who breathed (not a people) the Spirit-Word into Him. He told His Apostles to COPY AND PASTE what they heard from Him.

I copied lots of SCRIPTURE and mailed it without comment. I may mail it to Dianne and she will mail her findings to me and I may COPY them and USE them if that's okey dokey.

The actual COMMAND is to Paste And Copy or for the never-APT elder "Teach that which HAS BEEN TAUGHT." Contrary to LU, I was warned against using my IMAGINATION and have no opinion I did not copy.

Sarge: Here is something I believe should be on the Curriculum for Simony First Class:

Pliny the Elder: CHAP. 54. (13.)—REMEDIES FOR AFFECTIONS OF THE STOMACH.
Ulcerations of the stomach are effectually treated with asses' milk1 or cows' milk. For gnawing pains in that region, beef is stewed, with vinegar and wine. Fluxes are healed by taking the ashes of burnt deer's horns; and discharges of blood by drinking the blood of a kid just killed, made hot, in doses of three cyathi, with equal proportions of vinegar and tart wine; or else by taking kid's rennet, with twice the quantity of vinegar.

1 Asses' milk is still recommended for pulmonary phthisis.

I still take his advice every morning with psyllium husk. Otherwise, I would be full of it.

April 21st, 2016, 3:07 pm #18

The first post was started by me.
The second post I accidentally put on a different thread, but meant for it to be placed on this one that I had started. I used some of Ken's prior comments, and gave him credit at the bottom of post, hence the message in parenthesis. Next time I will use my own words to replace his comments, any research material that he has I will give him credit. He has given me permission to use any of his work.
The third post was Ken's, based on a conversation that we had via email. Based on prior comments about my personal experiences being posted on this forum, I chose to write to Ken privately. He obviously thought the subject we discussed needed to be posted to this thread. And I agree. The subject matter that was taught in the high school class, left my son with a false impression about the marriage relationship, and how it relates to Our Heavenly Father. We as parents were told the class was something completely different than what was discussed. Yes, this and other incidents have caused a division with my family and I know others are concerned about what is being taught. Who is supposed to keep the wolves out? I don't let them in my home, and I want to feel safe amongst my fellow congregants.

Hope this clears up any confusion. As always Ken has my permission to reveal anything that we talk about if I will help someone else to wake up, and start asking questions.

(Donnie, I don't remember which thread I posted that second comment, but it was meant for this one. This has been a crazy week for me, and that's not the only mistake I've made. I am an amateur posting on forums. Can you tell?)

NCP
NCP

April 21st, 2016, 4:28 pm #19

Can we just move on. TMI.

April 21st, 2016, 7:56 pm #20

Dianne thought that this was worthy of a thread. She is going to be a great forum teacher. Maybe someone will giver her an answer. They don't have to give their real name.

DIANNE'S FIRST THREAD as she understands a few points: She will use this and other resources--as we all do.

They missed the point THE FAITH is THE WORD, Logos or The Regulative Principle: it is exclusive of rhetoric, singing, playing instruments or acting.

Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro,
and carried about with every wind of doctrine,
by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

-Fluctuo fluctus, to move in the manner of waves, i. e. to wave, rise in waves, undulate, to move to and fro, be driven hither and thither
I. Trop., to be restless, unquiet, uncertain, doubtful; to rage, swell; to waver, hesitate, vacillate, fluctuate, Oratio II. In partic., formal language, artificial discourse,

-Oratio E. A prayer, an address to the Deity (eccl. Lat.): “respice ad orationem servi tui,” Vulg. 3 Reg. 8, 28: “per orationes Dominum rogantes,” id. 2 Macc. 10, 16: “pernoctans in oratione Dei,” id. Luc. 6, 12.—Also absol., prayer, the habit or practice of prayer: “perseverantes in oratione,” Vulg. Act. 1, 14: “orationi instate,” id. Col. 4, 2; cf. Gell. 13, 22,

-cĭto . To put into quick motion, to move or drive violently or rapidly, to hurl, shake, rouse, excite, provoke, incite, stimulate, promote,
Carried About:
Greek Panourgia see more below

Latin:
-Circumfero to bear something or carry around “lyram in conviviis,” Quint. 1, 10, 19
-Lyra , ae, f., = lura,
I. a lute, lyre, a stringed instrument resembling the cithara, fabled to have been invented by Mercury and presented to Apollo, Hyg. Astr. 2, 7: “curvae lyrae parens,” Hor. C. 1, 10, 6: “Threiciam digitis increpuisse lyram,” Ov. H. 3, 118: “mox cecinit laudes prosperiore lyrā,” id. A. A. 3, 50; Val. Fl. 5, 100.—
II. Transf.
A. Lyric poetry, song: “imbellis,” Hor. C. 1, 6, 10: “Aeoliae Lesbis amica lyrae,” Ov. Am. 2, 18, 26; id. P. 3, 3, 45.—
B. In gen., poetic genius: “Inferior lyra,” Stat. Th. 10, 445.—
C. Lyra, the constellation, the Lyre: “exoriente Lyra,” Ov. F. 1, 315; cf. Hyg. Astr. 3, 6; Varr. R. R. 2, 5.

-Con-vīvĭum , ii, n. vivo; lit., I. a living together; hence, a meal in company, a social feast, entertainment, banquet

-Quint. 1, 10, 19 From the importance thus given to music also originated the custom of taking a lyre round the company after dinner, and when on such an occasion Themistocles confessed that he could not play, his education was (to quote the words of Cicero) “regarded as imperfect.”
B. Of a narrative or discourse, to publish abroad, proclaim, divulge, disseminate among the people, report
C. In the lang. of religion, to lustrate, purify any one by carrying around him consecrated objects (torches, offerings, etc.)
D. In rhetoric: “oratio deducta et circumlata,” expanded, drawn out into periods, Quint. 4, 1, 60 Spald.

-Ventus wind 3. Ventis verba dare, i. q. not to keep one's word or promise, Ov. H. 2, 25 Ruhnk.
B. [Plur., personified as deities, the winds: te, Apollo sancte, fer opem; teque, omnipotens Neptune, invoco, fame, applause, Turbo
p. Cic. Tusc. 4, 34, 73 (Com. Rel. v. 119 Rib.); Lucr. 5, 1230 (1228); cf. Ov. H. 17 (18

CHURCH MUST NEVER PERMIT PEOPLE CLAIMING TO NAVIGATE THE WINDS

Dianne made a second thread when she intended to add to the first thread. This was her second thread as she understands the discussion.

Hermes appears to have been the chief of the Cabiri (Roscher, Myth. Lex. 2360); with his cult compare the Gallic (Caesar, B. G. vi. 17; Rhys, Hibbert Lectures, pp. 5-20 and ch. iv) and German (Tac. Germ. 9) worship of Mercurius. The latter, Odin, would seem to be like Hermes a wind god, and this may be true also of the Thracian deity. It seems improbable that the Thracians were content with so small a pantheon.
Mercury or Hermes is KAIROS: the demon spirit son of Zeus

CHURCH MUST EXCLUDE ALL OF THE CUNNING CRAFTSMEN.

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists;
and some, pastors and teachers;

Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry,
for the edifying [educating] of the body of Christ:

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith,
and of the knowledge of the Son of God,
unto a perfect man,
unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children,
tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine,
by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Wind of Doctrine

Venio A. In gen.: “vides, quo progrediente oratione venturum me puto,” Cic. Rep. 1, 40, 62.
B. fin. and the passages there cited: “oratorum laus ita ducta ab humili venit ad summum, ut, etc.,”“prava [crooked] ex falsis opinionibus veniunt,” Quint. 5, 10, 34:

Latin săpĭo or Sophos ops voice, whether in speaking, shouting, lamenting or in singing, “Kirkēs .[CHURCH] . aeidousēs opi kalē” Od.10.221, cf. 5.61; “aeidon also of cicadae, “opa leirioessan hieisi” Il.3.152;

eir-ioeis of the cicadae, opa leirioessan their delicate voice, 3.152; of the Muses' voice, [LOCUSTS] Hes.Th.41; “Hesperides” Q.S.2.418 guarded a garden with golden apples,

Hes. Th. 41 So said the ready-voiced daughters of great Zeus, and they plucked and gave [30] me a rod, a shoot of sturdy laurel, a marvellous thing, and breathed into me a divine voice to celebrate things that shall be and things that were aforetime; and they bade me sing of the race of the blessed gods that are eternally, but ever to sing of themselves both first and last.
[35] But why all this about oak or stone? Come you, let us begin with the Muses who gladden the great spirit of their father Zeus in Olympus with their songs, telling of things that are and that shall be and that were aforetime with consenting voice. Unwearying flows the sweet sound [40] from their lips, and the house of their father Zeus the loud-thunderer is glad at the lily-like voice of the goddesses as it spreads abroad, and the peaks of snowy Olympus resound, and the homes of the immortals.

Panourgia (g3834) pan-oorg-ee'-ah; from 3835; adroitness, i.e. (in a bad sense) trickery or sophistry: - (cunning) craftiness, subtilty.
-Panourg-êma A. knavish trick, villainy,; sophistry, Gal.5.251; cf. panourgeuma.

Sophos A.skilled in any handicraft or art, clever, mantis” Id.Th.382; “oiōnothetas” mostly of poets and musicians, Pi.O.1.9, P.1.42, 3.113; en kithara s. as an exclamation of applause

1Cor. 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you
seemeth to be wise [sophos] in this world,
let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
1Cor. 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God.
For it is written,
He taketh the wise sophia
in their own craftiness. pa^nourg-ia
1Cor. 3:20 And again,
The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, sophōn
that they are vain. matai-os
Eph. 4:15 But speaking [opposite ODE] the truth in love,
may grow up into into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph. 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Dianne is a NAVIGATOR and she found A Survey of the Old Testament Which I thought I had lost when my computer crashed. They were in WORD format and I have found them and will put them into HTML.