Ancient Near East Glossary and Texts and the Bible

Ancient Near East Glossary and Texts and the Bible

November 27th, 2017, 6:26 pm #1

Babylonian Clay Tablets Index

http://www.piney.com/BabIndex.html

Ancient Near East Glossary and Texts

http://www.piney.com/Ancient.Near.East. ... Texts.html

Cher-El L. Hagensick

Most of ancient theology is lost under the sands of time. However, archaeological expeditions in ancient Mesopotamia have uncovered the fascinating culture of the Sumerians, which flourished over 4,000 years ago. Though Sumeria was overthrown first by Assyria, and then by Babylon, its gods lived on in the cultures of those who conquered. The historian S. H. Hooke tells in detail of the ancient Sumerian trinity: Anu was the primary god of heaven, the ‘Father’, and the ‘King of the Gods’; Enlil, the ‘wind-god’ was the god of the earth, and a creator god; and Enki was the god of waters and the ‘lord of wisdom’ (15-18). The historian, H. W. F. Saggs, explains that the Babylonian triad consisted of ‘three gods of roughly equal rank... whose inter-relationship is of the essence of their natures’ (316).

Is this positive proof that the Christian Trinity descended from the ancient Sumerian, Assyrian, and Babylonian triads? No. However, Hislop furthers the comparison, ‘In the unity of that one, Only God of the Babylonians there were three persons, and to symbolize [sic] that doctrine of the Trinity, they employed... the equilateral triangle, just as it is well known the Romish Church does at this day’ (16)

The rise of the Sumerian City state whose religion--like that of Israel--destroyed the freedom FROM clergy close to the 4000 BC date fitting Genesis. Moses wrote after the fall into idolatry at Mount Sinai and God had turned the Israelites over to worship the starry host.

The gods or goddesses Israel worshipped AFTER God abandoned them are well documented on clay tablets.

"Lord who rides the great me's the pure me's,
Who has charge of the universe, the widespread,
Who received the lofty sun-disk' in Eridu, the pure place, the mo[st prec]ious place,
Enki, lord of the universe, praise!"
For the great prince who comes forth in his land,
All the lords, all the chieftains,

The incantation priests of Eridu,
The "linen-wearers" of Sumer,
Perform the incantation rites of the Abzu,

http://www.piney.com/Enki.and.The.World.Order.html

Enthronement Seal;

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on November 27th, 2017, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 4th, 2017, 5:04 pm #2

This is HOT! A good source has found that "DC" joined a nominational Church. More to come!

December 4th, 2017, 5:09 pm #3

Probably Otter Creek?

December 4th, 2017, 7:18 pm #4

Otter Creek, yes!

Franklin Road, Brentwood, TN 37027 / (615) 373-1782
8:40am A cappella worship
10am Classes for all ages
11am Instrumental worship

He has been VERY quite lately. "DC", I was stunned!

Otter Creek IS a Denomination. I think he is tired of the recycles. Ken