An apology

September 21st, 2016, 5:29 pm #1

I have been considering some of my earlier comments, and have come to the realization that I had let pride creep into my spirit. There are and have been many men and women working in the church of Christ, who have a love of the truth and have lived to reflect that love for Christ. By some of my comments, I was denigrating their sacrifices and knowledge. I do believe that truth will win in the end, and each must contend for the faith once delivered, but I must be kind and gentle to others in the process. I pray that I have not hurt anyone's faith. My motives were love for the brotherhood of believers, and that is the spirit in which I intended my comments, I don't want to see anyone lost...it makes me so sad that the many have rejected Jesus Christ, and his Word. I was once part of that world, and I can attest that it is extremely difficult to leave that road, and find the narrow way.

Thank you,
Dianna

September 21st, 2016, 9:35 pm #2

Dianna, you have every right to teach anyone and to challenge their views. Becoming an "officer" in the church--in my extensive experience--are very touchy about being asked Bible questions or refuse to continue to be disciples and "teachable." When you try to engage people about the Bible text, you have done exactly what every disciple is responsible for. David Lipscomb says that an elder has no more authority after he is acknowledge than before. Paul told Titus to point out those he had defined in the words of Lenski "already laboring to the point of exhaustion in preaching and teaching.

1John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

g1381. dokimazo, dok-im-ad´-zo; from 1384; to test (literally or figuratively); by implication, to approve: — allow, discern, examine, x like, (ap-)prove, try.

g1384. dokimos, dok´-ee-mos; from 1380; properly, acceptable (current after assayal), i.e. approved: — approved, tried.

1John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

If someone says that GOD CAME IN THE FLESH we have a right to quote this passage and say: NO, Scripture says that Jesus was flesh and bones. Christ is not a "god" word in the THEOS sense: Christ is the man God would anoint with power a MESSIAH.

The ONLY ones who rule over you is DEFINED: never let anyone make you feel inferior for speaking the WORD.

Heb. 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the WORD of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Other Versions make RULERSHIP very cllear.
Heb. 13:7asv Remember them that had the rule over you,
WHO AREmen that SPAKE unto you the WORD of God; and considering the issue of their life, imitate their faith.
Heb. 13:7esv Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith.

The WORD is the Logos or Regulative Practice: by definition and clarification for anyone who can distinguish SPEAK from SING or make musical madness EXCLUDES rhetoric, personal opinions, personal experiences, singing, playing instruments, acting or anything beyond LOGOS as the OPPOSITE of ODE.

Elders who have to HIRE someone to do the job they presume to fill and who does not SPEAK the WORD or LOGOS to YOU has no authority in any sense: You obey by obeying the WORD and IMITATING His life. If he or they are more related to Alley Cats you have NO responsible to listening to anything they say

Heb. 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Mark 9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

Nothing offends worse than failing to teach whatever God has revealed without trying to turn it into SEEING GODLINESS as a means of financial gain or OCCUPATION. I am sorry but Jesus deprived the Burden Laders of a role or dole.

The Law was to regulate the secular lives of people. It is no less true of the Prophets and Apostles who are commanded to TEACH KNOWLEDGE. Musical instruments are proof and cause (Amos 8; Isaiah 5) of weasels who cause the people to hunger and thirst for knowledge and cannot find it.

Malachi 2:[7] For the priest's lips should keep knowledge,
.....and they should seek the law at his mouth; for
.....he is the messenger of Yahweh of Hosts.
Malachi 2.8 But you have turned aside out of the way.
.....You have caused many to stumble in the law.
.....You have corrupted the covenant of Levi," says Yahweh of Hosts.

Matthew 5:[30] If your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off, and throw it away from you: for it is profitable for you that one of your members should perish, and not your whole body be thrown into Gehenna.

It is hard to be civil when people use JESUS to lie, cheat and steal. At the same time the MEGA mouths building mega temples DEPRIVE and literally SILENCE the honest evangelists and smaller congregations. I remember the two existing millstones in my Grandfathers Mill and I doubt that they are big enough to sink people into the LAKE OF FIRE.

If you just quote Scripture you will have noted that they make an industry out of claiming that you are UNCIVIL. Just keep relying on Scripture: It is fine to use the PAGAN documents to see what being SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH really means.

I haven't met many people in my long life who is content enough to give God the credit for saying what HE wants to say in the words HE wants to us.

Keep up the good posts.
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on September 23rd, 2016, 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
Dave

September 22nd, 2016, 12:42 pm #3

Dianne comes out with a message of love and Ken comes out with his fire, brimstone and 'Hell or alive into the lake of fire' meaningless diatribe.

Couldn't just let her be....no sir.....make sure there is no 'lying to deceive.'

Show them true colors.

Jesus talked about love while Ken spews forth venom. Get them 'apt elders.'

September 23rd, 2016, 6:00 am #4

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave,

The Scripture is more very direct and more to the point than anyone of us can express, including your own: "You have sinned ... repent."

The word "brimstone" is referenced in the Scripture more than a dozen times. Here's about, e.g., "fire and brimstone" in Psalm 11:6 -- "Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup." There is nothing wrong with that passage and how it is referenced in posts designed to teach.

And "the lake of fire."

"Apt elders" shouldn't have a problem with that, should they?[/color]

Dave
Dave

September 23rd, 2016, 3:50 pm #5

All I can say Donnie....keep talking, because by doing so it explains everything, yes even volumes about what you are trying to do here at concernedmembers.

Accentuate the negative is the theme here.

September 23rd, 2016, 9:10 pm #6

Dianne comes out with a message of love and Ken comes out with his fire, brimstone and 'Hell or alive into the lake of fire' meaningless diatribe.

Couldn't just let her be....no sir.....make sure there is no 'lying to deceive.'

Show them true colors.

Jesus talked about love while Ken spews forth venom. Get them 'apt elders.'
Rev. 18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
Rev. 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
Rev. 18:22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;

Artifex: A maker, originator, author, contriver: Also for a sly, cunning contriver, inventor of a thing
Cano, Canite to produce melodious sounds, whether of men or animals; to utter melodious notes, to sing, sound, play tibia, tuba, flute, cithara or harp, to speak in a sing-song tone Ulula (Halal) moving people to tears--that sorcery concept. carmine modulato laudes

Modulato beating time to, accompanying with the dance, Played upon, made by playing, played.
1. Of an instrument: Of a song, tune, etc., sung: “carmina,” a signal in war.

Symphony concord, harmony a signal in war. agreement of sounds, concord, harmony, symphony

The reason for BURNING is that Jude says they were FOREORDAINED to deceive using the Mount Sinai Instrumental-trinitarian-perverted idolatry."

Jesus PROMISED that SPEAKING where He and the Bible SPEAKS will bring on brutal attacks.

Rev. 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride [Heiros Gamus] shall be heard no more at all in thee: FOR thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy SORCERERS were all nations deceived.
Rev. 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Rev. 19:20 And the BEAST was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. <font color="#FF0000">These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Rev. 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Rev. 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev. 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

There probably is no workshop or gathering which does not demand the MUSICAL mark before you can BUY and SELL yourself and your product. It has been noted that one of the ABOMINATIONS at pagan temples were HERMES or PHALLIC poles like Jochin and Boaz which announced "THE TRADERS ARE IN AND OPEN FOR BUSINESS." Nehemiah had to pull some hair about that.
</font>

Rancor
Rancor

September 25th, 2016, 12:08 pm #7

You will need thicker skin around here.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 7f38c8.jpg

Scripture
Scripture

February 9th, 2017, 11:56 pm #8

Jesus said it was the evil intent of the heart that condemns. Expletives as such are not the main focus. Perfection can be in the heart but imperfections are always present in actions and heartless thought. The will of the Christian heart is evidence of the spirit.