Allan Stanglin: Bobby Valentine Jay Guin-David Ditto

November 22nd, 2015, 2:54 pm #11

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Rocky,

Would you make it easy for readers who have a very limited time to read pages of info? Give us a "Reader's Digest" version of what you're trying to say.[/color]
Donnie, consider it DONE.

November 22nd, 2015, 5:39 pm #12

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Rocky,

Would you make it easy for readers who have a very limited time to read pages of info? Give us a "Reader's Digest" version of what you're trying to say.[/color]
I will take up just one of Jay Guinn's blasphemy which is saying that God says something He did not say. This is also and example of Jay despising A verse and then JUSTIFYING those God refuses to justify.

Jay Guin: Does God save the improperly baptized? Yes — we can rest assured that,

How does Jay Guin know that: why the rush to SAVE anyone not just TRUSTING the clear statements of GOD'S Holy Spirit? We are washed with water INTO the Word or INTO the School of Christ: Jay-they want you to believe that YOUR believing gives you a punched ticked on the Joy Buss to Heave.

despite OUR poor baptismal teaching

Just quoting what Christ prophesied and Jesus etal commanded is not OUR views.

and even our denial that the Spirit enters the convert at baptism<b>, </b>

Paul etal said that we receive the GIFT OF A holy spirit: Jay thinks that he has a "people" in him refuting what Jesus taught.

God saves our imperfectly baptized converts, just as he saves imperfectly baptized converts in OTHER denominations.That’s what God does. For those with faith<b>, he forgives our sins and <b>overlooks our errors.

(Gen 15:6 ESV) 6 And he believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness.</b></b>

Righteousness is NOT salvation, remission of sins, or translated by Jesus into HIS church.

A righteous or justified person is one who is NOT disqualified from being baptized. We are justified or "made pure" by THE FAITH of Jesus Christ in the same way that Peter was told that SWINE are not IMPURE. The Jews denied that Gentiles COULD be baptized TO BE SAVED because they are impure. Jay could care less about the QUESTION before he makes up his ANSWER.

But this is how God defines justification by FAITH as opposed to BY LAW

Gen 26:4 And I will make thy SEED to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

We are not a son of God and Abraham UNTIL we have been baptized INTO Christ. Those who deny that are NOT sons of God.

THE FAITH is always contrasted with THE LAW: Abraham was not JUSTIFIED by LAW because the PROMISE was 400 years BEFORE the Law. Jay-They never read the PROPHECY which Jesus and the Apostles CERTIFIES:

[color=#0000FF" size="5]Gen 26:5 BECAUSE that Abraham
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....[/color]obeyed my voice,
.....and kept my charge,
.....[kept] my commandments,
.....[kept] my statutes,
.....and [kept] my laws.

Gen 26:6 And Isaac dwelt in Gerar: [obeyed God's commandment]

Those who LIE together FRY together.

Yes, Abraham was JUSTIFIED by being a DOER and not being a "wet noodle."

Now that we have caught Jay and THEY in despising God's word and PASSING JUDGMENT on those who do NOT OBEY the gospel, we will pause knowing that Jay will DESPISE the Spirit by trying to speak for Him.</font>

November 22nd, 2015, 5:45 pm #13

Ken is the one wearing the funny hat.

I have been there done that without the hat.

That's where I learned to read BLACK text WHITE paper. That was in Jay Guin ANTI land.

http://www.piney.com/Erasmusfolly.html

November 22nd, 2015, 7:26 pm #14

Jay Guin states: (Gen 15:6 ESV) 6 And he believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

We have noted that JAY-NOR-THEY know the difference between righteousness or being justified and having OUR SINS WASHED AWAY: The purpose is not to determine eternal destiny but to save us FROM the Crooked Race or VIPERS must REPENT as a CONDITION for being baptism.

Rom. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled [justified] to God by the death of his Son,
much more, being reconciled,
we SHALL be saved by his life.

1Pet. 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the HOUSE of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God

The House of God is the Church (body, kingdom) of Christ:

ONLY those who obeyed the good news and were baptized were added to the Church:

Acts 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the CHURCH daily such as should be saved. [were being saved at baptism]

Being CONVERTED is parallel to BEING SAVED or turned back to our infant condition:

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, THAT your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Peter says that our SINS are BLOTTED out at Baptism because we REQUEST it. We receive A new BREATH or SPIRIT from God WHEN sins are removed from our UNholy spirit.

G403. anapsuxis, an-aps´-ook-sis; from 404; properly, a recovery of breath, i.e. (figuratively) revival: — revival

404. anapsucho, an-aps-oo´-kho; from 303 and 5594; properly, to cool off, i.e. (figuratively) relieve: — refresh.

5590.psuche, psoo-khay´; from 5594; breath, i.e. (by implication) spirit,

Rom. 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye WERE the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
Rom. 6:18 Being THEN made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Jay-and-the say, NOPE! we are saved by OUR FAITH and baptism is just a SYMBOL.

Peter says that BAPTISM SAVES US: That is the INSTRUMENTAL MEANS and most religionists do not want you to go there.

REPENTANCE is a CONDITION for being baptism.
Then baptism is FOR or IN ORDER that their sins be remitted.

The same thing happened in Acts 2:38 when the GIFT OF A holy spirit or A good conscience gave them the POWER to read black text on brown paper.

Jay-they don't have any NEED to tell you the REST OF THE STORY.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on November 22nd, 2015, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 23rd, 2015, 12:24 am #15

Jay Guin states: (Gen 15:6 ESV) 6 And he believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

Dave wanted to discuss Jay Guin but seems not. Jay is saying that Abraham believed God and THAT means that we and others are SAVED (not the meaning of righteousness) and even those who call The Spirit OF CHRIST (Isaiah-Malicah), the example of Jesus after which God pronounced Him His Son, the command of Jesus and the whole Bible liars are SAVED (good as us) if they simply BELIEVE. Unfortunately for the whole swarm of theologians the word PISTIS or trust INCLUDES to COMPLY with what or whom we TRUST.

Believeth-Nots are APISTOS means "I will NOT comply, a person in revolt or a treacherous person. Jesus SUMMED UP THE SAVED as those who Believe AND are baptized: everyone else is EXCLUDED.

Jay picks is passage and then presumes high authority to pronounce the TRUE meaning intending to denounce those he claims to lead.

Paul had many examples of being saved by THE FAITH as opposed to his READERS insisting on being saved by THE LAW and, like Genesis 26, justification by faith means that one KEEPS all of the commands from God. Abraham was not SAVED by faith only because HE WAS NOT LOST: sin was not imputed before the LAW.

1Cor. 7:18 Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised.
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.
1Cor. 7:19 Circumcision is NOTHING, and uncircumcision is nothing,
.....but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Gal. 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you,
.....whosoever of you are justified by THE LAW
.....ye are fallen from grace.
Gal. 5:5 For we through THE SPIRIT wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Jay Guin justifies the use of "Instrumental Music" by quoting

(2Sa 6:5 ESV) 5 And David and all the house of Israel were making merry before the LORD, with songs and lyres and harps and tambourines and castanets and cymbals.
(1Ch 15:16 ESV) 16 David also commanded the chiefs of the Levites to appoint their brothers as the singers who should play loudly on musical instruments, on harps and lyres and cymbals, to raise sounds of joy.

--The purpose of worship was established by God’s purposes for his elect people. The means of worship was determined, not by the silences of the Law of Moses, but by what would accomplish those purposes in that time and place.

--Indeed, God through David was pointing Israel toward the new covenant — a covenant defined not by a book of law but by a living Spirit —

This was NOT part of the Law of Moses: God did not command king, kingdom, the temple, slaughter of innocent animals, burnt offerings, priests, levites or the "prophesying with instruments" which is defined as soothsying or sorcery. God gave them kings in His anger and took them away in His anger because they wanted to WORSHIP LIKE THE NATIONS or Gentiles. The Jews were abandoned to worship the starry host: sorry they missed reading Acts 7.

The GODLY people were quarantined from the SEVENTH day almost always the worship of the STARRY HOST to which God abandoned Israel BECAUSE of instrumenntal-trinitarian worship. God restricted the people to keep them FROM the Jews worship which "profaned" the sabbath but it didn't matter. The people from Exodus 18 onward were to Rest, Read and Rehearse the Word: giving attention to the Word is the only "worship" concept for those God has not abandoned.

He does not know that God did NOT command animal sacrifices and the levites were Jacob-cursed and God abandoned: Jacob warned NOT to enter into their covenant nor attend their synagogues.

Jesus told the woman at the well (without a phd) that worship was IN Spirit and IN Truth: IN spirit is a PLACE and TRUTH is Reading the Word of God.

The Letter of the Word is written on paper while SPIRIT determines what it MEANS.

For example, Paul Commanded that we

SPEAK that which is written for our learning including the History recorded in Psalms.
Jay Guin does not know the SPIRIT or the meaning of the Word because He-They say that
Paul commanded that we SING just about anything and sing AND make music with a harp.

The LETTER which the Jews knew even when disobeying it was not what God wanted in the ONLY Spiritual Covenant made by God in Christ to ABRAHAM.

Gal. 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value.
.....The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
Gal. 6:15 Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation.

Counts prae-pūtĭum (foreskin) circumcidite praeputium cordis vestri, do away with impurity, Laet. 4, 17, 8; Vulg. Jer. 4, 4.

Jeremiah 4:[4] Circumcise yourselves to Yahweh, and take away the foreskins of your heart, you men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem; lest my wrath go forth like fire, and burn so that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

Jer. 4:11 At that time shall it be said to this people and to Jerusalem, A dry wind [h7307 SPIRIT] of the high places in the wilderness toward the daughter of my people, not to fan, nor to cleanse,
Jer. 4:12 Even a full wind from those places shall come unto me: now also will I give sentence against them.
Jer. 4:13 Behold, he shall come up as clouds, and his chariots shall be as a whirlwind: his horses are swifter than eagles. Woe unto us! for we are spoiled.
Jer. 4:14 O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?

Wash is Lavo or Luo or Loutron. Baptism achieves what God intends: Naaman was cleansed literally but the ceremonial washings were defined by Paul when he went to Jerusalem to explain TRUE remission risking his life.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
Acts 22:17 And it came to pass, that, when I was come again to Jerusalem, even while I prayed in the temple, I was in a trance;
Acts 22:18 And saw him saying unto me, Make haste, and get thee quickly out of Jerusalem: for they will not receive thy testimony concerning me.
Acts 22:19 And I said, Lord, they know that I imprisoned and beat in every synagogue them that believed on thee:

And Jay-and-They say NOT SO LORD! I am special I choose to just BELIEVE and not bring down the wrath of Satan on me.

Then as now the masses would try to destroy anyone bringing the direct commands from Jesus as Spirit guiding Paul into all truth. We call upon the Name WHEN were are baptized IN THE NAME of Jesus Christ.

A New Creation means "born again" or receive A new, holy breath or spirit

2936. kti÷zw ktizo, ktid´-zo; probably akin to 2932 (through the idea of proprietorship of the manufacturer); to fabricate, i.e. found (form originally): — create, Creator, make.
2937. kti÷siß ktisis, ktis´-is; from 2936; original formation (properly, the act; by implication, the thing, literally or figuratively): — building, creation, creature, ordinance.

crĕo to bring forth, produce, make, create, beget</font>

Next, we need to see Spiritual Circumcision is performed: it is NOT by faith only.
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on November 23rd, 2015, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 23rd, 2015, 3:42 pm #16

Jason Shepherd has followed the leaders who ASSUME heaps of authority because they are INVITED to the grand festivals and used by the NACC to spread discord among those whom they now brand ANTI-instrumentalists which is a NEW category: if you refused to FELLOWSHIP instruments and still teach the Bible and historical facts, you fall under the BAN and it is acceptable to TAKE THE AXE to your foolish teaching. By lying, cheating and stealing the property and spiritual life of godly people they are LITERALLY giving those who refuse to accept the BRAND the Lizzie Borden Therapy.

Lizzie Borden had an axe
She gave her mother 40 whacks
When she saw what she had done
She gave her father 41

Dwaine E. Dunning:

http://www.piney.com/MuDunningDownen.html

There are at least three ways to kill a tree.

You can poison it, or burn it. It might not survive if all the limbs were lopped off. But men usually choose to kill a tree by cutting down its trunk.
We take an axe or saw to it not far above the roots and "fell" that tree.

Likewise a system of doctrine may be destroyed in various ways. It might be poisoned (or sweetened in this case) by injecting a different spirit into those who hold the doctrine.

Or its various contentions may be individually or specifically refuted,
like lopping off a tree's branches one by one.

Little does he know nor can he know that he wants to take and AXE to the Spirit of Christ throughout the bible as well as all recorded history without "proof texts" until his SECT poisoned the wells by repeating the prophesied and fulfilled MOCKING Jesus instead of Listening to Him if you have any APT elders.

Strong Delusions are sent to those who do not love the Truth: the Logos as Regulative Principle which is the opposite of human enhancements. Strong Delusions are proof that the LAW OF SILENCE is refuted and all of the Phds and Phdettes and sect say AMEN! Empty chairs.

Reminds me of those blinders we used to put on horses
When God washed the filth out of Jerusalem with the SPIRIT of judgment and the SPIRIT of burning, the gospel sent to "all nations" was to the tiny remnant of Jews who had not bowed to Baal and to the Gentiles.

The Gentiles who were justified by THE FAITH lived by the universal principle of the Law (not to be confused with the laws of the God-abandoned Monarchy) honoring God and practicing Justice. John prepared that remnant of 120 Jews still living in Jerusalem.

The Spirit OF Christ revealed that the only way to CUT OFF sin is at baptism BECAUSE that is how 1 Peter 3 says that we REQUEST A good conscience, consiousness or a CO PERCEPTION so we can BEGIN AS A NEW STUDENT.

Col. 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

That means RELIGIOUS OBSERVATION or Operations of any hypocritic or performing role which is the MARK of strong delusions. A Church of Christ RESTS and comes to listen to the word PREACHED by being READ and learned: The Progressives want to WORK people to a frazzle so THEY do not have to work being fed out of the widow's purse.

Jay-and-They THINK that the Godhead means a God with THREE heads. Godhead is being filled or COMPLETE with the Divine Nature. Faith only fills you with your own self but those filled or complete with the divine nature must STOP being in rebellion and ASK for A good conscience or A holy spirit so they CAN read the text.

Col. 2:10 And ye are COMPLETE IN him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Statement:
Col. 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Parellism to REVEAL to the godly and HIDE from the wise, sophists or self-speakers, singers or instrument players:

Col. 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Col. 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Col. 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Col. 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

In Ephesians 2 we are saved BY Grace THROUGH faith meaning ongoing FAITHFULNESS. They Had Been saved from what Jay wants to fill us with:

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on November 23rd, 2015, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 23rd, 2015, 5:55 pm #17

Jason Shepherd has followed the leaders who ASSUME heaps of authority because they are INVITED to the grand festivals and used by the NACC to spread discord among those whom they now brand ANTI-instrumentalists which is a NEW category: if you refused to FELLOWSHIP instruments and still teach the Bible and historical facts, you fall under the BAN and it is acceptable to TAKE THE AXE to your foolish teaching. By lying, cheating and stealing the property and spiritual life of godly people they are LITERALLY giving those who refuse to accept the BRAND the Lizzie Borden Therapy.

Lizzie Borden had an axe
She gave her father 41

Dwaine E. Dunning:

You can poison it, or burn it. It might not survive if all the limbs were lopped off. But men usually choose to kill a tree by cutting down its trunk.

Likewise a system of doctrine may be destroyed in various ways. It might be poisoned (or sweetened in this case) by injecting a different spirit into those who hold the doctrine.

Little does he know nor can he know that he wants to take and AXE to the Spirit of Christ throughout the bible as well as all recorded history without "proof texts" until his SECT poisoned the wells by repeating the prophesied and fulfilled MOCKING Jesus instead of Listening to Him if you have any APT elders.

Strong Delusions are sent to those who do not love the Truth: the Logos as Regulative Principle which is the opposite of human enhancements. Strong Delusions are proof that the LAW OF SILENCE is refuted and all of the Phds and Phdettes and sect say AMEN! Empty chairs.

Five Steps

Did you notice that went through all this material about how to be saved and didn’t mention the Five-Step Plan of Salvation? It’s not that I disagree all that much. Rather, I just think it helps to see salvation in terms of faith — which is how the New Testament teaches it — so that we aren’t constrained by tradition. It helps to sometimes see familiar things from a new perspective. It might even help us understand our traditions better.

For example, in the Five-Step Plan, we manage to get all the way through it and not mention Jesus: Hear, Believe, Repent, Confess, Be Baptized. Not a word about Jesus — not until we take the trouble to define our terms.

Jay wants you to believe that the LEGALISTS just preach five steps and never preach the gospel. He wants you to believe that no one is asked the question "Do you believe that Jesus is the Christ the son of God." He wants you to believe that the STEPS or a LOGICAL sequence is not necessary because we are saved just by BELIEVING whereas FAITH or faithfulness demands COMPLIANCE

Scott: Three steps of human action:
1. Faith to change the heart. A deep trust. : This is more than just agreeing something is true. It involves commitment and deep trust. It's something we build our lives around. We believe that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the Living God and is our Lord and Savior.
2. Repentance to change the life. We recognize that we have missed the mark, have separated and alienated ourselves from God and from our fellow human being, and by doing this have disobeyed God. We confess this freely and vow to turn from this way of living.
3. Baptism to change the state. We offer ourselves for baptism by immersion. This represents our death (to old self), burial, and resurrection (toa new life in Jesus Christ). This is also reminiscent of the baptism of Jesus in the Jordan River by John the Baptizer.

Two steps are from God AFTER we have been baptized.

4. Remission of sins to cleanse the guilt.
5. The gift of the Holy Spirit to make one a participant in the Divine Nature.

Scott defined "the gift of the holy spirit" as OUR spirit which is A holy spirit after "our sins have been washed away." Peter calls this A good conscience.

Rom. 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise,
......say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven?
......(that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
Rom. 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

Rom 10:8 But what saith it?
......The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth,
......and in thy heart: that is,
......the word of FAITH,
......which we PREACH;

Rom 10:9 That if thou
......shalt CONFESS with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
......and shalt BELIEVE in thine heart
......that God hath RAISED him from the DEAD,
......thou shalt be saved. [Jay says HAVE BEEN]

RECYCLE ONE
Rom 10:10 For with the heart
......man believeth unto righteousness; and
......with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Faith makes a God fearing person have the right standing: not ceremonially impure
But, Confession is unto salvation. Faith only would not save you says this verse.

RECYCLE TWO
belief, call upon the name, must believe, must hear, preachers must be sent:
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith,
...... Whosoever BELIEVETH on him
......shall NOT be ASHAMED.
Now, NOT ASHAMED is not the opposite of BEING SAVED (by faith only).

Rom 10:12 For there is NO DIFFERENCE between the Jew and the Greek:
Rom 10:13 for the SAME Lord over all is rich unto all THAT CALL UPON HIM.
......For whosoever shall CALL upon the NAME of the Lord shall be saved.

Peter preached this in Acts 2: God calls us and we call upon the name of the Lord to be saved. When they asked what must WE DO to be saved, Peter commanded them to repent AND be baptized FOR or in order to the remission of sins.

WHAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD

......Example One. Acts 2:38 baptism is into the NAME or calling upon the name.
......Example Two. Acts 22:16 Baptism washes away sins because it CALLS upon the Name.
......Example Three: 1 Pe 3:21 Baptism saves because it ASKS for A good conscience or A holy spirit.

How then shall they call on him in whom
...... they have not BELIEVED? and

...... how shall they believe in him of whom they have not HEARD? and
...... how shall they hear without a PREACHER (Kerusso Herald)? Rom 10:14

SEEMS THAT CALVIN IS CORRECT: NO ONE HEARS THE SPIRIT OR BELIEVES WITHOUT HEARING THE WORD.

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach (Go and herald),
...... except they be sent? as it is written,
...... How beautiful are the FEET of them that
...... preach the gospel of peace, and BRING glad tidings of good things

NOW NOTICE THAT HE THAT OBEY THE GOSPEL IS THE ONE WHO HATH BELIEVED

But they have
......not all OBEYED the GOSPEL. For Esaias saith, Lord,
...... who hath BELIEVED our report? Rom 10:16
So then FAITH cometh by HEARING, and hearing by the WORD of God. Rom 10:17

But I say, Have they not heard?
......Yes verily, their sound WENT INTO all the earth,
......and their words unto the ends of the world. Rom 10:18
But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. Rom 10:19
But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was MADE MANIFEST unto them that asked not after me. Rom 10:20
But to Israel he saith,
......All day long I have stretched forth my HANDS
......unto a DISOBEDIENT and GAINSAYING people. Rom 10:21

You are an APISTOS or believeth not which means treacherous if you do not believe that
He that believeth and is baptized SHALL BE saved.

November 23rd, 2015, 11:03 pm #18

Lizzie Borden had an axe
She gave her father 41

Dwaine E. Dunning:

All of Romans 10 Revisited. Jay Guin claims that we leave TRUST out of our STEPS. Repentance which means to make a U turn is not listed. However, baptism is not a SYMBOL of repentance as Jay claims: repentance is something required BEFORE John would baptize FOR or in order to the remission of sins.

Rom. 10:1 Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
Rom. 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God,
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
but NOT ACCORDING TO KNOWLEDGE
Rom. 10:3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness,
.....and going about to establish their own righteousness,
.....have not SUBMITTED themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Submitted refutes the FAITH ONLY theology which they get from John Calvin who never taught faith only.

5293.hupotasso, hoop-ot-as´-so; from 5259 and 5021; to subordinate; reflexively, to obey: —
be under obedience (obedient), put under, subdue unto, (be, make) subject (to, unto), be (put) in subjection (to, under), submit self unto

You cannot command people to BELIEVE. Remember that the only spiritual Covenant was made by God in Christ to Abraham. The faithless Jews wound up in the sacrificial system "worshiping the starry host" but the godly people were always faithful to the Abrahamic Covenant.

Rom. 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Rom. 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law,
.....That the man which DOETH those things shall live by them.
Rom. 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise,
.....Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
Rom. 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

That was Israel trusting in Instrumental and Trinitarian idolatry when they had the WORD with them.

Rom. 10:8 But what saith it?
.....The WORD is nigh thee, even in thy mouth,
.....and in thy HEARD: that is,
.....the word of FAITH,
.....which we PREACH
Rom. 10:9 That if thou shalt
.....CONFESS with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
.....and shalt BELIEVE in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom. 10:10 For with the heart man
.....BELIEVETH unto righteousness;
.....and with the mouth CONFESSION is made unto salvation.

Rom. 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom. 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek:
.....for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that CALL ON HIM
Rom. 10:13 For whosoever shall CALL UPON THE NAME of the Lord shall be saved.

The Only way to CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD:

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized,
and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

1Pet. 3:21 The like figure whereunto even BAPTISM DOTH ALSO NOW SAVE US
.....(not the putting away of the filth of the flesh,
.....but the answer [Request to God for] of a good conscience toward God,)
.....by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Rom. 10:14 How then shall they CALL on him in whom they have NOT BELIEVED
.....and how shall they BELIEVE in him of whom they have not HEARD?
.....and how shall they hear without a PREACHER?
Rom. 10:15 And how shall they PREACH, except they be SENT? preach is kerusso a HERALD not on the STAFF.
.....as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the GOSPEL OF PIECE
.....and bring glad tidings of good things!

Note that the Spirit OF Christ drew a parallel between OBEYING and BELIEVING.

Rom. 10:16 But they have not all OBEYED the gospel.
.....For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath BELIEVED our report?

2Th. 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God,
.....and that OBEY not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

1Pet. 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house [church of Christ] of God:
..... and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Rom. 10:17 So then FAITH cometh by HEARING, and hearing by the WORD OF GOD

The Word or LOGOS is the Regulative Principle: outlawing rhetoric, personal opinions, singing, playing or acting.

Rom. 10:18 But I say, Have they not HEARD?
.....Yes verily, their SOUND went into all the earth, and their WORDS unto the ends of the world.
Rom. 10:19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith,
.....I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people,
.....and by a foolish nation I will anger you.
Rom. 10:20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith,
.....I was found of them that sought me not;
.....I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
Rom. 10:21 But to Israel he saith,
.....All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a DISOBEDIENT and GAINSAYING people.<b>

g483. antilego, an-til´-eg-o; from 473 and 3004; to dispute, refuse: — answer again, contradict, deny, gainsay(-er), speak against.
</b>

To be ANTI Regulative principle is to be ANTI Logos or ANTI Christ.
</font>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on November 23rd, 2015, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 24th, 2015, 3:51 am #19

Lizzie Borden had an axe
She gave her father 41

Dwaine E. Dunning:

Jay Guin says that we never have the STEPS in one place: we don't need them because they define a LOGICAL Progress from knowing nothing to being baptized INTO Christ or being "Washed with water INTO the Word" or into the School of Christ. You don't get into the School of Christ (a one-piece pattern with the textbook paid for) by BELIEVING that a professor exists.

Belief means trust means to COMPLY or OBEY
Jesus puts Belief AND baptism together in order to be saved.
Believeth nots or Apistos REJECT the command to be baptized and are IN REVOLT.

November 26th, 2015, 4:01 pm #20

Lizzie Borden had an axe
She gave her father 41

Dwaine E. Dunning:

Only God knows why people gain "authority" and refuse to just "teach that which has been taught." Most religionists spend the people's money refuting even Jesus Christ in prophecy and fulfilment.