Al Maxey Acts 2:38 and the Word EIS

Al Maxey Acts 2:38 and the Word EIS

January 16th, 2012, 4:51 am #1

Al Maxey Acts 2:38 and the word EIS

http://www.piney.com/Al.Maxey.Acts.2.38.Eis

Contrary to all recorded history, Al Maxey says that EIS means that we are baptized BECAUSE we are saved.

Al Maxey Baptism as a Sacrament

http://www.piney.com/Al.Maxey.Baptism.Sacrament.html

Al Maxey Blasphemes the Holy Spirit of Christ:

He claims that churches of Christ believe that baptism is a sacrament meaning that the ACT ALONE saves just so it is done according to the "pattern." Then says just the opposite of what the Prophecy by Christ in the Prophets and all of the Bible demands that baptism is FOR the remission of sins.

Whatever the Bible says, Al dips into his personal waterless cistern and comes up with "Al and the Baptists reject that."

That, of course, is the meaning of blasphemy.

If Peter says that BAPTISM SAVES then that settles the issue. If you say that baptism does not save then you DENY Jesus Christ the authority to pick the INSTRUMENTAL MEANS. Al does the Cornelius event but ignores the fact that God sent Peter to be the INSTRUMENTAL baptizer and that he COMMANDED him to be baptized. God SENT Peter to tell Cornelius HOW TO BE SAVED.

It makes God look like a fool not to have zapped Cornelius without any INSTRUMENTAL MEANS.

There as at Pentecost Spirit means WIND: There was a sound of rushing wind in the upper room and WIND fell on Cornelius to cause him to speak. This was to shut up the Judaizers.

Jay Guin and others preach the same heresy.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on June 16th, 2012, 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 17th, 2012, 12:16 am #2

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Nothing surprising there. Al Maxey has been preaching baptism "his own way" all along.

Jay Guin's website of the church where he serves as an elder [progressive, yes, and proud of it], has one of its tabs on "Beliefs" showing the topic of "Salvation" separately from "Baptism."

Max Lucado, with his strong ties with the Baptist denomination, advocates the "Baptist baptism." The Baptist Press in Nashville, Tenn., has reported that: "When Max Lucado became pastor of Oak Hills Church in San Antonio in the late 1980s.... Lucado's church is Church of Christ -- but not a typical Church of Christ. For starters, musical instruments are used (although there is still one a cappella service). Also, the church has a baptistic view of baptism -- that is, that baptism isn't required for salvation. [emphases, d.c.]"

Check out his church's website. Just like Jay Guin's, "Salvation" is a separate topic from "Baptism." In fact, it has a .pdf on BAPTISM -- only as "a demonstration of devotion":

http://oakhillschurch.com/wp-content/up ... ismWeb.pdf

Its "council" has done its own study of "The Role of Women in the Church":

http://oakhillschurch.com/wp-content/up ... Church.pdf

OK, to those who are "shocked" at this news, this is probably more than enough for you to handle. So, many of the change agents' followers have been deluded into thinking that the controversy [of which the conservatives have been accused of instigating] is all about instrumental music.

We have emphasized in many ways [cf. various threads and posts] that the change agents have a greater mission than just teaching the gospel of musical idolatry and entertainment in non-instrumental churches of Christ. There is a long list from/by the agents of change of doctrinal changes in and FOR the church of Christ.

So, Ray, David Fields, Sonny [who's no longer "neutral" or "undecided"], Fred, we know a lot about your leaders, the change agents, that you do not.[/color]

January 17th, 2012, 5:41 am #3

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]At Oak Hills Church [formerly "of Christ"], "Pastor" Max Lucado is no longer the "Senior Minister," but is "Minister of Preaching."

http://oakhillschurch.com/central-support-staff/

And who is Max's "successor"? Randy Frazee.

And what have we been telling you about change agents transforming the NT church of Christ into a Disciples/Christian Church or Community Church?

Please read (from: http://www.randyfrazee.com/ ):[/color]
As the senior minister of Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas, I have the privilege of teaching and leading in partnership with pastor and author, Max Lucado. Prior to coming to Oak Hills, I served as the teaching pastor at Willow Creek Community Church and spent 15 years as the senior pastor at Pantego Bible Church in Fort Worth Texas. God has filled my life with amazing experiences and for that I am grateful." [emphases mine, d.c.]
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Ray? Dave Fields? Have you heard of the song: "Open my eyes that I may see ... illumine me...."?[/color]

January 18th, 2012, 2:03 am #4

Contrary to all recorded history, Al Maxey says that EIS means that we are baptized BECAUSE we are saved.

He claims that churches of Christ believe that baptism is a sacrament meaning that the ACT ALONE saves just so it is done according to the "pattern." Then says just the opposite of what the Prophecy by Christ in the Prophets and all of the Bible demands that baptism is FOR the remission of sins.

Whatever the Bible says, Al dips into his personal waterless cistern and comes up with "Al and the Baptists reject that."

If Peter says that BAPTISM SAVES then that settles the issue. If you say that baptism does not save then you DENY Jesus Christ the authority to pick the INSTRUMENTAL MEANS. Al does the Cornelius event but ignores the fact that God sent Peter to be the INSTRUMENTAL baptizer and that he COMMANDED him to be baptized. God SENT Peter to tell Cornelius HOW TO BE SAVED.

It makes God look like a fool not to have zapped Cornelius without any INSTRUMENTAL MEANS.

There as at Pentecost Spirit means WIND: There was a sound of rushing wind in the upper room and WIND fell on Cornelius to cause him to speak. This was to shut up the Judaizers.

Max Lucado had a "vision" but I found it on Rick Atchley's White paper he inherited from the NACC
Rick Atchley had a "spirit" finally tell him after more than a decade that God Commanded instrumental praise.
Rubel Shelly had earlier said that you could "hear an audible voice" telling you what to do.

Al Maxey gives not a clue that he has ever looked at the Bible except to lift isolated passages.

If you say that God said something
And God did not say that
Then Christ in Jeremiah 23 says that you have blasphemed the Holy Spirit of Christ.

http://www.piney.com/Blasphemy.Against. ... pirit.html

When Al Maxey looks (maybe) at all of the baptism passages he says that THEY are not true.
Christ in Isaiah and Malachi (clearly) told the future church how to be saved. My strong suspicion is that anyone who has questioned God in Christ as Al reads off the Baptist pages has triggered the promised strong delusions. The MARK of strong delusions is religious services using the performing arts and artists.

You will notice that Christ says that anyone who revolts against the command for baptism will be DEVOURED. This has the same message as the Locusts or Muses in Revelation who are tasked to TAKE CAPTIVE the rebels.

This is repeated in Hebrews 10 for those who FORSAKE THE ASSEMBLY. Forsaking the assembly means forsaking the synagogue which was A School of the Word. Again those who refused will be taken captive and devoured by the performin artists called HYPOCRITES.
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on January 18th, 2012, 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Racnor
Racnor

January 20th, 2012, 12:49 am #5

I noticed today that the red exclamation mark for this site is gone! I got a new computer a few months ago and Internet Security software came installed. Everytime I visited this site there was a red exclamation mark which warned of possible bad stuff (virus/malware) here. Today the red exclamation mark was gone. A green OK check symbol has replaced the red exclamation mark. Did someone here have a change of heart? Ken?

January 20th, 2012, 2:31 am #6

Unless you have vital or secret information you need to protect, you need to remove all of the internet "cops."

If YOUR software does not know about CM then it will warn you. Probably since you ignored it, your protectors decided that it was ok.

If you bought a PC then you can be suspicious of anything you receive. If you receive an e-mail which is unfamiliar you might take warning.

I think that Network 54 has virus protection so you are pretty safe.

I am responsible for all of the rest of the ills in the world but not that one.

B
B

January 20th, 2012, 2:54 am #7

I noticed today that the red exclamation mark for this site is gone! I got a new computer a few months ago and Internet Security software came installed. Everytime I visited this site there was a red exclamation mark which warned of possible bad stuff (virus/malware) here. Today the red exclamation mark was gone. A green OK check symbol has replaced the red exclamation mark. Did someone here have a change of heart? Ken?
I also have anti-virus software but have never had this site flagged as "dangerous" and never had my computer to perform oddly after visiting this site. Maybe someone had tinkered with (sabotaged) Racnor's "new" computer beforehand. OR, maybe his security software had (still has) a glitch in it, and the glitch has subsided (for now). Ya never know!

Dave
Dave

January 20th, 2012, 11:47 pm #8

William (B) Crump,
I DO know this. You were the one sqwalking and slandering others about not revealing identities and now here you are, performing again. You couldn't stay away from a good chance to argue about more useles diatribe.

BRAVO!

Donnie, your buddy is BACK!!!

January 21st, 2012, 1:10 am #9

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

You've done it again.

I was looking for a substantive message from a "servant for Him" and a church leader. I think you should leave B alone for a while. OK, I think I get it. A response to a useless diatribe is also a useless diatribe.

I have an idea for you, Dave:

Al Maxey is one of the change agents. He must be one of your favorite mentors or heroes, since you've published an article or two of his. Do you believe that baptism is a sacrament?????? You may want to compare his understanding of baptism as a sacrament as a Roman (well, also as an American) Catholic believes.

If you agree with Al, then, explain why you do. If not, let him know why you disagree with him ... this time.[/color]

January 21st, 2012, 1:53 am #10

There goes the scriptural neighborhood again. Church is a school of the Bible: already I'm tired and sick.