April 8th, 2016, 4:01 am #21

I would say: eager to teach ... "to teach that which has been taught."

Donnie, is "to teach that which has been taught" a Bible quote?
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]NCP,

Thanks for asking: Is "to teach that which has been taught" a Bible quote. (But let's give Ken Sublett credit for that.)

Obviously, it is not a Bible quote -- no BCV, in fact. Neither is one of the Restoration Movement principles: "We speak where the Bible speaks...."

But either one is a great principle.[/color]

April 8th, 2016, 4:02 am #22

You guys not content with fleecing the widows and charging for your entertainment? What gives with all these advertisements?
God Sings!

Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)

The Lord your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.”

<font face="arial" size="4">Let's let God do the rejoicing while we "use one mind and one mouth to SPEAK that which is writen for our LEARNING. God doesn't need to go to SCHOOL.
</font>

April 8th, 2016, 4:18 am #23

Ken, this will not go away!

Psalm 150New International Version (NIV)
Psalm 150

Praise the Lord.[a]

Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with timbrel and dancing,
praise him with the strings and pipe,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

Praise the Lord.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]This will not go away, either:

"That at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of music, ye fall down and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king hath set up:" (Daniel 3:5)

Have we yet counted the number of instruments from both Psalm 150 and Daniel 3:1-11?

Not to mention:

(1) Dancing in Psalm 150:4
------------- and -------------
(2) Worshiping the golden image in Daniel 3:5
------------- and -------------
(3) All other breathing creatures (pigs, chickens, etc.) praising the Lord (Psalm 150:6)?<font>[/color]</font>

April 8th, 2016, 4:36 am #24

God Sings!

<font face="arial" size="4">Let's let God do the rejoicing while we "use one mind and one mouth to SPEAK that which is writen for our LEARNING. God doesn't need to go to SCHOOL.
</font>
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I just came across the following; so, ConcernedMembers did not make this up. Here's the link (a must see) for details:

http://www.faithstreet.com/onfaith/2015 ... ongs/35742[/color]

1. “In the Secret”

Problem lyric: “I want to touch you, I want to see your face, I want to know you more.”

2. “Draw Me Close”

Problem lyric: “Draw me close to you. Never let me go.”

3. “At Your Name (Yahweh, Yahweh)”

Problem lyric: “Yahweh, Yahweh, we love to shout your name, oh Lord.”

4. “Lord I Lift Your Name on High”

Problem lyric: “ . . . from the cross to the grave from the grave to the sky . . . ”

5. “Above All”

Problem lyric: “Like a rose, trampled on the ground, you took the fall and thought of me above all.”

6. “Burn for You”

Problem lyric: “I’ll go anywhere, I’ll do anything, at any cost for you my King.”

7. “One Thing Remains”

Problem lyric: “Your love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me.”

8. “Jesus, We Celebrate Your Victory”

Problem lyric: “ . . . And in his presence our problems disappear.”

9. “You Are Mine”

Problem lyric: “Do not be afraid, I am with you. I have called you each by name.”

10. “How He Loves”

Problem lyric: “So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss . . . ”

William
William

April 8th, 2016, 5:35 am #25

You mean there is actually a song sung in church with the lyric “So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss . . . ”? Do you know that there was a book titled "The Gospel According to Peanuts"? In the words of that great theologian, Good grief!

April 8th, 2016, 4:28 pm #26

"Lord I Lift Your Name On High"
Lord I lift Your name on high
Lord I love to sing Your praises
I'm so glad You're in my life
I'm so glad You came to save us

[Chorus:] [LADED BURDEN]
You came from heaven to earth
To show the way
From the earth to the cross
My debt to pay
From the cross to the grave
From the grave to the sky
Lord I lift Your name on high

Does this song mention HIS NAME? True praise is telling God's Story available only through God's Words.

Psa. 63:0 A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.
Psa. 63:3 Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my LIPS shall praise thee.
Psa. 63:2 To see THY power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
Psa. 63:4 Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.

Straights turn up their PALMS in imitation of READING the Word: Muslims do that.
Gays or the effeminate wave their ARMS which was the universal MARK "I am available for you."
Only the High priest was permitted to turn up his PALMS in the holy place

h3709. kaph, kaf; from 3721; the HOLLOW hand or palm (so of the paw of an animal, of the sole, and even of the bowl of a dish or sling, the handle of a bolt, the leaves of a palm-tree); figuratively, power:—branch, + foot, hand((-ful), -dle, (-led)), hollow, middle, palm, paw, power, sole, spoon.

h3721. kaphaph, kaw-faf´; a primitive root; to curve:—bow down (self).

Psa. 63:5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness;
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
and my MOUTH shall praise thee with joyful LIPS:
Psa. 63:6 When I remember thee UPON MY BED,
.....and MEDITATE [study] on thee in the NIGHT WATCHES.

NOT in MY night watches please: if you do that in the "Worship Center" and make me PAY then the Greeks and Paul had a word for your profession called LEGALISM.

The Psalmist is under attack and he is not COMMANDING a praise team which cannot bear to recite the whole psalm or care about the recorded "teaching psalm."

Psa. 63:10 They shall fall by the SWORD: they shall be a portion for foxes.
Psa. 63:11 But the KING shall rejoice in God; every one that sweareth by him shall glory:
.....but the mouth of them that speak LIES shall be stopped.

If they will lie, cheat and steal the church house of widows with a hidden agenda they WOULD and WILL "preach you up" if you question their authority.

Turning the Word into poetry or song was always recognized as LYING. The poet or song writer, by nature, was not permitted to write TRUE HISTORY or be a herald such as a preacher (kerrux) or elder (presbyter). Their job was to transport the text and would be punished if he opened it or changed the message. Christ would say THEIR IS NO LIGHT IN THEM

These songs DO lie because they pervert the intention of the writer.
</font>

April 8th, 2016, 4:42 pm #27

We keep reminding that David was a king and the Jacob-cursed and God-abandoned LEVITES were under the king and commanders of the army. A levite or king who went into a holy place was commanded to be executed by the "brethren." David was the exception to the LAW because he was starving. If David took his harp into the holy place even kings can be executed.

Worship is bowing or falling on your face: the other priests are worshiping. Singing or playing instruments is not worship and you cannot PLAY a harp while flat on your face holding bowls of incense.

Anyone but the high priest who raised his hands above his normal waist position could be executed.

No males ever waved their unoly arms.

Bill
Bill

April 8th, 2016, 5:01 pm #28

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I just came across the following; so, ConcernedMembers did not make this up. Here's the link (a must see) for details:

http://www.faithstreet.com/onfaith/2015 ... ongs/35742[/color]

1. “In the Secret”

Problem lyric: “I want to touch you, I want to see your face, I want to know you more.”

2. “Draw Me Close”

Problem lyric: “Draw me close to you. Never let me go.”

3. “At Your Name (Yahweh, Yahweh)”

Problem lyric: “Yahweh, Yahweh, we love to shout your name, oh Lord.”

4. “Lord I Lift Your Name on High”

Problem lyric: “ . . . from the cross to the grave from the grave to the sky . . . ”

5. “Above All”

Problem lyric: “Like a rose, trampled on the ground, you took the fall and thought of me above all.”

6. “Burn for You”

Problem lyric: “I’ll go anywhere, I’ll do anything, at any cost for you my King.”

7. “One Thing Remains”

Problem lyric: “Your love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me.”

8. “Jesus, We Celebrate Your Victory”

Problem lyric: “ . . . And in his presence our problems disappear.”

9. “You Are Mine”

Problem lyric: “Do not be afraid, I am with you. I have called you each by name.”

10. “How He Loves”

Problem lyric: “So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss . . . ”
While we're carping about hymn lyrics, there's a verse from "Low in the Grave He Lay" that reads:

"Death cannot keep its Prey, Jesus my Savior; He tore the bars away, Jesus my Lord!"

Some nitpickers have actually said that's a "problem lyric," because Jesus' tomb had no bars on it, so it's "wrong" to sing that verse. Of course, such narrow-minded people apparently cannot recognize a metaphor when they see it.

Those who carp about hymn lyrics all day long are about as useful as those who sit in the worship assembly and, rather than actually worship, instead take notes about everything that is "wrong" therein, then carp about it on an Internet message board.

April 8th, 2016, 5:24 pm #29

The UNIQUE worship concept from the church in the wilderness onward was to "give attendance to the public reading of the Word for comfort and doctrine."

Taking notes is the only way to remember any words when disabled by the hypocritic arts and crafts: rhetoric, singing, playing instruments.

Taking notes is Scriptural.

Is. 30:8 Now go, write it before them in a table, and NOTE it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever:
Dan. 10:21 But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.
2Th. 3:14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, NOTE that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

Any honest person always WROTE their information so that it could not be altered or preached away.

We CAN ALL SPEAK THE SAME THINGS: this was commanded and recorded with note if we "use one mind and one mouth to speak that which is written for our LEARNING."

There is no remote hint of SINGING as a way to LEARN if you add melody as tunefulness which "belongs to the 19th century."

The Jews said that reciting a psalm or hymn over and over was IDOLATRY.

NCP
NCP

April 8th, 2016, 7:17 pm #30

God Sings!

</font>
God Sings!

Ken, I'm sure any argument you may have is between you and God.