Addressed to LU Bible Students

August 28th, 2010, 3:16 am #1

I have reviewed some of the class material by John Mark Hicks. I might prove helpful that I have added the actual text to make the evaluation more Biblical. You may have to fake it if you want a passing grade.

John Mark Hicks: Rules replaced by Spiritism?

http://www.piney.com/Hicks.Rapprochement.html

My post attributing the neo-trinitarianism or tritheism at Lipscomb to H. Leo Boles needs ammending to include Harding's earlier push to make the bodily indwelling of a separate Spirit person the credo of churches of Christ in the S.E.

The Grace - Spirit Harding patternism

http://www.piney.com/Holy.Spirit.Harding.Hicks.html

John Mark favorably reviews the Nashville as opposed to the Texas patternism which includes premillenialism still rampant along with other false teachings.

Holy Spirit Presence of the Coming Age.

http://www.piney.com/John.Mark.Hicks.Ho ... sence.html

This will confirm Jesus who said that "doctors of the law take away the key to knowledge." John Mark follows the theological patternism of looking up references in a topical index and then fabricating a theology to match. Almost universally you will discover that the Bible contradicts them and makes their teaching answer to John's definition of anti-christ.

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

August 29th, 2010, 1:32 am #2

Down through history theologians have believed that they could read a statement out of context and it BECAME inspired even if the context teaches otherwise. It is clear that doctors of the law--Jesus said they take away the key to knowledge--obviously do not read the context or compare with similar passages. That means that one can get an advanced degree simply by quoting others likely to give them a degree while neither one needs to read the Bible or faithfully quote historical scholars.

2Cor. 3:12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:
2Cor. 3:13 And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face,
......that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
2Cor. 3:14 But their minds were blinded:
......for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away
......in the reading of the old testament;
......which vail is done away in Christ.

Christ promised for the Church in the Wilderness, it was practiced throughout the Old Testament, Jesus endorsed it and the Apostles affirmed the purpose driven church which enabled the Gentiles to be ready for Christ.

......Acts 15:21 For Moses of old time
............hath in every city them that preach him,
............being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

2Cor. 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
2Cor. 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall
......turn to the Lord, (equated to baptism)
......the vail shall be taken away.
......(when God gives us A holy spirit or A good conscience which means A co-perception of the Word)

2Cor. 3:17 Now the Lord IS that Spirit:
......and where the Spirit OF the Lord is, there is liberty.
2Cor. 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord,
......are changed into the same image from glory to glory,
......even as by the Spirit OF the Lord.

Now, the subject is being able to READ or UNDERSTAND the Word of God in the church.
We become more like Christ when we READ the spirit OF The Lord. No one insulted a pagan god by rewriting the teachings attributed to that god.

The Spirit of Christ speaking through the WRITINGS of the PROPHETS commanded it to be preached by READING. In addition, Jesus came to make those prophecies more perfect: Those constitute the PREACHING material to be READ with the result that we imbibe the Spirit (mental disposition) of Jesus Christ.

After Paul outlawed private interpretation or further expounding as a mark of a false teacher, he defined the curriculum for the church as ekklesia which, like the synagogue, did not permit you to write your own material to be taught and discussed.

2Pet. 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy;
......whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, (the only NT worship concept)
......as unto a light that shineth in a dark place,
......until the day dawn,
......and the day star arise in your hearts

......John 12:46 I am come a light into the world,
............that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness

That is ABSOLUTE because Jesus said:

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth;
......the flesh profiteth nothing:
......the words that I speak unto you,
......they are spirit, and they are life

I will answer any question confidentially or you can post here without disclosing your name.