Anonymous
Anonymous

September 7th, 2012, 9:28 am #71

Ken, would you be so kind as to give me an example of a church of Christ as you described above. Please give church name and location. Thanks.
Ken doesn't need a reason. Reality is whatever he says it is.What a putz.

Racnor
Racnor

September 7th, 2012, 1:23 pm #72

"Most people assume that everything that bears the label Christian must have originated with Jesus Christ and His early followers. But this is definitely not the case." (Page 11)

"Many historians and religious scholars, some quoted in this publication, attest to the influence of Greek or Platonic philosophy in the development and acceptance of the Trinity doctrine in the fourth century." (Page 14)

God the Father is the One who calls us to baptism and a new way of life (John 6:44, 65), and it is His goodness that leads us to repentance and baptism (Romans 2:4). (Page 56)

"As even the New Catholic Encyclopedia, quoted from earlier, acknowledges: The majority of New Testament texts reveal Gods spirit as something, not someone; this is especially seen in the parallelism between the spirit and the power of God..." (Page 64)

IS GOD A TRINITY? written by United Church of God. . . .

I'm not endorsing this, but let's not blaspheme God. Let Him decide.
More from "IS GOD A TRINITY?" .............................

Notice Acts 2:38:
"Then Peter said to them, 'Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." After real repentance and being baptized, the example from Scripture is that a minister lays his hands on the repentant person and he or she receives the Holy Spirit directly from God (Acts 8:14-17)

Important as it is, baptism alone is not sufficient. We must receive God's Holy Spirit--the seed of eternal life--which is imparted by the biblically mandated laying on of hands of one of God's ministers (Acts 19:1-6)

What ever floats your boat, I think I'll pass.

September 7th, 2012, 4:40 pm #73

Ken, would you be so kind as to give me an example of a church of Christ as you described above. Please give church name and location. Thanks.

Sorry, right now I don't know of one. Most churches of Christ prior to the demand that CHURCH IS ONLY ABOUT WORSHIP which meant MUSICALLY were quiet, Bible based assemblies. Sermons were actually from the Bible by Bible trained preachers before the singers, players, actors and mimes invaded.

As they cannot understand prepositions, they cannot understand "What does a Disciple of Christ, commanded to teach and observe what HE commanded to be taught, do?

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Luke 17:22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.

Hebrews 13:10 We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.
Hebrews 13:11 For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.
Hebrews 13:12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
Hebrews 13:13 Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.
Hebrews 13:14 For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.
Hebrews 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
Hebrews 13:16 But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

AND WHO CREATES THE FRUIT?

Isaiah 57:19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.

September 7th, 2012, 4:48 pm #74

More from "IS GOD A TRINITY?" .............................

Notice Acts 2:38:
"Then Peter said to them, 'Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." After real repentance and being baptized, the example from Scripture is that a minister lays his hands on the repentant person and he or she receives the Holy Spirit directly from God (Acts 8:14-17)

Important as it is, baptism alone is not sufficient. We must receive God's Holy Spirit--the seed of eternal life--which is imparted by the biblically mandated laying on of hands of one of God's ministers (Acts 19:1-6)

What ever floats your boat, I think I'll pass.

When YOUR UNholy spirit is washed free of UNholiness then YOU have A holy spirit.

The same Peter called it A good conscience which includes consciousness or a CO-perception of the Word of God.

We are washed with WATER INTO the Word or into the School of Christ. He then fills us with Spirit because HIS WORDS ARE SPIRIT.

Being filled with SPIRIT (Ephesians 5) is the same as being filled with the WORDS which ARE Spirit (Colosssians). Only then are we COMPETENT to SPEAK one to another "using one mind and one mouth to teach that whichis written for our learning."

Until then you will not be able to read BLACK text on BROWN Paper

September 7th, 2012, 4:58 pm #75

Ken doesn't need a reason. Reality is whatever he says it is.What a putz.
That's why I QUOTE what the WORD teaches: that is enough to scare the pants off most people.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 7th, 2012, 5:56 pm #76

Jeremiah 15 has Christ defining the future church: He will baptize with Wind and Fire and burn up those who refused to be Word-Only Centered. Jeremiah 15: Thy Words were found and I ate them.

http://www.piney.com/Jeremiah.15.Thy.Wo ... .Them.html

Report:

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr><td valign="top" width="98%">
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="98%"><tr><td width="98%" bgcolor="#ffffff">

<table border="0" width="98%" align="center"><tr><td>
[color=#000000" size="5" face="times]ACU Lectures 2012[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]For those not having an early heads up of topics for this year's(Sept.) lecture series in Abilene, here are some of the more interesting ones:

The Devotional Power of Poetry...How Poets can draw us near to God (female speaker)

Committed to the Cause...My life in Christian Churches/C of C's...V. Knowles (naturally)

Big-Hearted Conversation across the Denominational Divide...Spirit and the Church today
(R. Harris)

The Times They are-a-changin...Reflections and projections about Women in Ministry

Putting away traditional teaching on divorce...Untangling the web of marital messes
(I was unaware there was a "traditional view".)

Church Leadership structures that work...Best Practices for Elders (Siburt/Washburn)

Sex is more than skin on skin...The personal transformation to become a great lover

To add to the above, the University Honors College will be hosting a dinner to recognize
several including an ordained (female) minister from the United Methodist Church.

Those who have expressed words of concern for the teachings taking place at schools like ACU
are quite accurate in their assessments. It would seem reasonable to thinks that back in the
60's & 70's, those attempting to promote these teachings would have been driven out quickly!!

(In ordering a tape from one of the previous lectureships, it's a plus to continue to be on the mailing list at ACU...will likely order several this year to get a better indication of what is being promoted)

[/color]</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>

How would you know about Graham Kendrick? Checking out the enemy, or a closet contemporary Christian music lover?

Believe it or not, I had never heard of him before you mentioned him.

B
B

September 7th, 2012, 7:00 pm #77

Surely Dave has heard the saying, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." Another saying is, "Know your enemy and know yourself and you will always be victorious."

September 8th, 2012, 2:00 am #78

Donnie, you said "The first two expressions came from different songs; the last four were from one song by Graham Kendrick: "I Was Made for This." Have you heard of this guy? I would think so."

How would you know about Graham Kendrick? Checking out the enemy, or a closet contemporary Christian music lover?

Believe it or not, I had never heard of him before you mentioned him.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

Sorry for the late response: I must make a living.

Anyway, you make it so easy for me. I love contemporary Christian music so long as it speaks the truth, the word of Christ -- there are a FEW of those that I think will be classified as hymns in the future and in hymnbooks in the future.

I despise the same when it's all about rah-rah-rah, camp-fire songs, make me-mine-myself "feel good" pretense.

OK, I'll give you this one -- both of us had never heard of him before.

But guess what? When I first quoted parts of the song, that was all I could think of. I knew it was in our "Songs of Worship" notebook of some 203 "contemporary praise music" pieces. This was Keith Lancaster's compilation of "Christian Rock [and Roll]" music by Lenny LeBlanc, Chris Tomlin, Cleavant Derricks, Michael W. Smith, Bart Millard, Twila Paris, et al.

That's why so many of our youth are getting this kind of an exposure to half-truths about the church that Christ built and its teachings.

I think we now know what "Holy Entertainment" means.[/color]

Tom Brite
Tom Brite

September 8th, 2012, 1:03 pm #79

Here is a more recent story that has been broadcast to the world. This person is in the midst of campus life at ACU and was one of the contributors to the 400,000 volunteer hours. I quess we should caution our sons about ACU too.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/a ... -ny-times/
This article says a great deal about the student body at ACU. "Anonymous" also has said a great deal about him/herself. Thanks for making yourself not so "anonymous."

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 8th, 2012, 2:28 pm #80

Jeremiah 15 has Christ defining the future church: He will baptize with Wind and Fire and burn up those who refused to be Word-Only Centered. Jeremiah 15: Thy Words were found and I ate them.

http://www.piney.com/Jeremiah.15.Thy.Wo ... .Them.html

Report:

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr><td valign="top" width="98%">
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="98%"><tr><td width="98%" bgcolor="#ffffff">

<table border="0" width="98%" align="center"><tr><td>
[color=#000000" size="5" face="times]ACU Lectures 2012[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]For those not having an early heads up of topics for this year's(Sept.) lecture series in Abilene, here are some of the more interesting ones:

The Devotional Power of Poetry...How Poets can draw us near to God (female speaker)

Committed to the Cause...My life in Christian Churches/C of C's...V. Knowles (naturally)

Big-Hearted Conversation across the Denominational Divide...Spirit and the Church today
(R. Harris)

The Times They are-a-changin...Reflections and projections about Women in Ministry

Putting away traditional teaching on divorce...Untangling the web of marital messes
(I was unaware there was a "traditional view".)

Church Leadership structures that work...Best Practices for Elders (Siburt/Washburn)

Sex is more than skin on skin...The personal transformation to become a great lover

To add to the above, the University Honors College will be hosting a dinner to recognize
several including an ordained (female) minister from the United Methodist Church.

Those who have expressed words of concern for the teachings taking place at schools like ACU
are quite accurate in their assessments. It would seem reasonable to thinks that back in the
60's & 70's, those attempting to promote these teachings would have been driven out quickly!!

(In ordering a tape from one of the previous lectureships, it's a plus to continue to be on the mailing list at ACU...will likely order several this year to get a better indication of what is being promoted)

[/color]</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>

Well, give me this one too....if you had not heard of him before then how did you come up with his name and song? Even if you were just looking for what you consider the worst lyrics, then it means you know of some contemporary Christian lyric/music websites. You aren't fooling anyone Donnie.