ACU Lectures 2012

William
William

July 12th, 2012, 4:14 am #41

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
.....baptizing them in the name of the Father,
.....and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Why does the coC not baptize in this way?
It is rare for an immersion to take place in the congregations of the churches of Christ except in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Unless you are challenging those that use the term "Holy Spirit."

Occasionally someone will immerse only in the name of Jesus Christ, as shown in Acts 2, 10, and 19, but that is uncommon and I think may be an accident on occasion.

July 12th, 2012, 5:47 am #42

About half of them also think that Father, Son and Spirit are NAMES of people.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly,
that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified
both Lord and Christ.

1Timothy 2:5 For there is one God,
and one mediator between God and men,
the man Christ Jesus

The first user of the word "trias" and all classical trinitarians and the Campbells who were not trinitarian (contrary to John Mark Hicks) identified the relationship just as did Jesus in John 12f and warned about "proverbs."

The one God the Father thinks
The Spirit is God's breath (clearly stated) and therefore Gods invisible, inaudible 'voice.'
Son or the personified Word articulates that Spirit without measure (meter) in SPOKEN WORDS and not singy-clappy-thingies.

The first Nicene said the same thing without making the Spirit OF (preposition) God a part of the ONE GOD and ONE MEDIATOR fact.

Father, Spirit, Son or often father, mother, daughter or son is refuted when the dove parable had the Father identify a Son as His messenger rather than the neo-trinitarian view of Mother, Daughter, word. Jesus was not confessed as a son until he was baptized to fulfill or "fully preach" baptism.

The ACU move to female pastor-teachers is clearly marked as mother goddess worship: Methodist feminists hold worship services for Sophia the female "wisdom" in Proverbs.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]The "holy spirit OF God" (Eph. 4:30) or "OF Jesus Christ" (Phil. 2:19) ... let's correctly identify:

The word "spirit" is an improper noun, just as is "soul" or "mind" or "wind" or "power." The word "holy" is an adjective; it describes and is attributed to the spirit of Jesus Christ or the Father. We dare not describe the spirit of God as unholy, do we?

If God's holy spirit were a person as the Nicene Council decreed, what would be the name of His [God's] holy spirit?[/color]

July 12th, 2012, 3:29 pm #43

It is rare for an immersion to take place in the congregations of the churches of Christ except in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Unless you are challenging those that use the term "Holy Spirit."

Occasionally someone will immerse only in the name of Jesus Christ, as shown in Acts 2, 10, and 19, but that is uncommon and I think may be an accident on occasion.
I believe that is the most common pattern even among those who are not trinitarian. A few in my limited experience ask the candidate to make their own confession.

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Acts 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Any one know Tim Sensing at ACU? He is working on the Eucharist to make sure that church of Christ students are correctly taught.

Racnor
Racnor

July 12th, 2012, 7:21 pm #44

Earlier, a poster remarked that "there is still a major problem with this site as far as loading information and taking an extremely long time."

The expression "an extremely long time" is relative. Ten or 20 seconds for this site to load may, to some, seem like "an extremely long time"; people growl at the site owners and/or drag their machines in for an overhaul. After all, in this technological age where no one wants to wait for anything anymore, a few seconds seem like a lifetime to some folks. To others, however, a few seconds' loading time may be completely NORMAL. So, it's all relative. Personally on my computer, the Madison site loads in just a few seconds.

Removing viruses and other malware from one's computer always makes it respond faster.
I think a new web site is in the works. The "concernedmembers.com" link is dead and nothing is happening to fix it. This site is full of script errors and IE will hardly load it any more. Donnie has not been on very much and he may just be working on the new web site. JMHO.

Racnor
Racnor

July 14th, 2012, 3:30 pm #45

Thanks Donnie for the repair (face-lift) of this site! CM now loads very fast using IE. Some of the "older" regular posters may not discern the difference in the site performance but it was a great improvement! Well done!

B
B

July 14th, 2012, 6:53 pm #46

Racnor is really telling us that he finally upgraded his antivirus system and cleaned his computer of all malware. No wonder the CM site now looks "new" to him.

Tom Brite
Tom Brite

July 16th, 2012, 12:35 am #47

Yes, thanks Donnie for the repairs. Despite Dr. Crum's protestations, the problem did lie with the site and has been fixed.

B
B

July 16th, 2012, 2:59 am #48

There's no one here posting as "Dr. Crum" [sic, Tom's "spelling"]. We went through that quite a while ago with Dave and his "identity crisis" bit, but I guess Tom didn't catch that. And Tom must have also cleaned all the viruses and malware from his computer, too. Glad that everyone is now happy.

July 16th, 2012, 4:11 am #49

Yes, thanks Donnie for the repairs. Despite Dr. Crum's protestations, the problem did lie with the site and has been fixed.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Racnor and Tom,

ConcernedMembers.com was inaccessible for a while [not sure how long] until I noticed that the RHCC forum was not displaying the[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]image by this title: Former Richland Hills Members and Friends Post 25 Theses to the Doors of the Church. Besides, I experienced it myself that it was taking a long time for the main site only to issue an error message.

All that explains for the most part why accessing the forums including Madison was slower to some of us than to others. There are graphics and links in these forums that need to be accessed from the main CM on another server.

CM.com has now been resolved. So, it would probably help to bookmark individual forums, not just CM.com. Many users have bookmarked CM.com and depend on accessing, e.g., the Madison forum from CM.com. I have made some minor changes [for now] to include all the other links from the Madison site.

Hopefully, we're all happy now.[/color]

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 6th, 2012, 4:00 am #50

Perhaps next someone could post an article about the moral corruption of ACU allowing students to wear shorts to class.
ACU falls short in many ways. I can tell you the story listed below is just the tip of an iceberg. This story is a very small and insignificant compared to other things that are going on. There are reasons people are cautious about sending there sons and daughters to ACU.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/m ... ashington/