A_N_N_O_U_N_C_E_M_E_N_T_S

B
B

August 7th, 2012, 3:46 am #71

Different strokes for different folks.

August 7th, 2012, 4:56 am #72

Hmmm...seems like B hit a nerve with Tom. That seems to be a recurring theme. Now if B's comments were so "little," Tom surely made a Mt. Everest out of them. That is, Tom made a mountain out of a molehill by blowing up at "little comments." That's like using a nuclear bomb to get rid of some weeds in your yard. Such histrionics!
In other words: "O be careful little mouth ..." -- and the joke that you tell.

B
B

August 7th, 2012, 6:37 am #73

This clip from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure confirms that there is NO basement in the Alamo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYfjq3ZYZbA

Tom Brite
Tom Brite

August 7th, 2012, 3:34 pm #74

Exactly the kind of response I expected from a little man.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 7th, 2012, 6:39 pm #75

Dear Fellow Madison Church of Christ Members;

A MESSAGE FROM THE ConcernedMembers

Our Job Is Not Over!

We have a plan that covers what we will be doing in the short and long range with three different phases.......

If you think back when you first learned about the real cause of the problems in our congregation, it probably hasn't been that long ago. Oh sure there are those that have known, but the large percentage of us didn't really know until somewhat recently.

You do have to wonder if things would have been different if someone had told us a year or so ago?

You know, I think people did try in their own way, and probably in the only way they could, and maybe we thought they were a little extreme.

I remember when Bob Johnson first told me what was going on and tried to show me the evidence. As much as I trusted Bob, I found it all rather hard to believe.

It wasn't until I sat down and read the material, that I realized what he said was true!

We should not expect anyone to believe us, unless they have read the material.

We are now in a situation that is addressed in ; Ezekiel 33:1-6. We have become the "Watchman". We are aware of information that affects our fellow members spiritual life. We are under an obligation to warn them. What they do with that information is then up to them.

I think we realize that we are not going to win many battles in the future, in fact only those the Lord wants us to win.

The battle at Madison Church of Christ is not about financially overburdened realestate. It is about the souls of our fellow members.

Before we move on to other churches, or before we can be relieved of this burden of knowledge we must try to inform as many others as possible.

There are some 314,000 churches in the U.S.A. That's a lot of souls! For some of us this could be a life long job.

Before we warn other churches and their members, we have a job to finish here. We have put together a three Phase program.

PHASE I

The first phase is warning our brothers and sisters in Madison, at the Church of Christ.

There is a book ( What Happened At The Madison Church of Christ?) being printed as you read this. This book covers a lot of the information for folks that have not accessed our web site at:

The book size was necessary to communicate the amount of information we need to relay.

The book is going to be made available to every Madison Church of Christ member FREE.

The first printed editions will be available through any of the ConcernedMembers, at 15 locations in Nashville, and downloadable and printable on the web.

We are not sure how long phase I will take. At it's completion we will begin phase II.

PHASE II

For 60 years Madison Church of Christ has been a beacon of light to the world. I think it could still be a beacon. But, this time it may be a beacon of either success or failure of the "Contemporary/Community Church Movement". At this time only the Lord knows which that may be.

This phase begins with us telling the world about the troubled waters in churches across America.

We will begin in the Greater Nashville Area.

Through advertisements in newspapers, and on the web we will try to bring folks in to our dedicated web site at: http://www.ConcernedMembers.com

Here they will have the resources and information to understand and cope with the changes they may find in their church. There will be links to ConcernedMembers web sites all over the country telling their story, and their successes and failures.

PHASE III

This is the beginning of our direct mail program. We will start with all the Church of Christ congregations in Tennessee.

We want to thank all the members for their overwhelming support.
Lets get started, we have a big job.

Thanks

ConcernedMembers

========================
Posts made prior to 10-23-2002 have been archived.
<a href="http://www.concernedmembers.com/forumar ... 4a.txt">[b]
Click here to read the archive.[/b]</a>
========================
[. . .]
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on August 8th, 2012, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 8th, 2012, 7:43 am #76

|
|
|
|
|
|

B
B

August 8th, 2012, 12:05 pm #77

What Tom DIDN'T expect was that Hollywood would feature the Alamo in a motion picture comedy.

August 8th, 2012, 2:11 pm #78

They also featured Adolph Hitler!

Tom Brite
Tom Brite

August 8th, 2012, 2:51 pm #79

Thanks Ken! It is certainly informative to know that Dr. Crump sets his moral compass by Hollywood standards.

B
B

August 8th, 2012, 3:09 pm #80

They also featured Adolph Hitler!
Ken, I was focusing so intently on the no-basement-at-the-Alamo clip of the Pee-Wee movie that I didn't see anything about Hitler there.

And speaking of the Pee-Wee movie, the Wikipedia article about it states, "Making it to San Antonio, [Pee-Wee] finds that the Alamo has no basement" (no, Tom, I didn't write that article). Now that fact must be quite important if it's specifically mentioned in a plot summary.